Sign in to follow this  
TK0001

A black day

Thoughts and Prayers for his family. I was in a few leagues with Stu, great FF player and a real nice guy. He will be missed.

Which is exactly why this story is suspect.

You think if any of us died anyone of us would know?

I dunno about that. I've made a bunch of "friends" here most are in the Metro Detroit area. If I were to die they would know within a few days I would think. A couple of my RL friends post here so word would travel fast. Especially since we are in a bunch of leagues together. All that being said nobody would know who I was anyway

Thoughts and prayer to Jgalts family and friends. Has a fellow Shula league and LOD league member he will be missed by me.

You think if any of us died anyone of us would know?

I think in a lot of cases, the answer is "yes". I came to this bored b/c of a Geek and have gotten to know others personally through this, or recommended existing friends to the GB. I think that's fairly common.

Just FYI, if Bert ever tells you I'm dead. I'm dead. :headbanger:

I think in a lot of cases, the answer is "yes". I came to this bored b/c of a Geek and have gotten to know others personally through this, or recommended existing friends to the GB. I think that's fairly common.

Just FYI, if Bert ever tells you I'm dead. I'm dead. :headbanger:

I would say we are more then personal sweet cakes :shocking:

I remember him, very sorry to hear of his passing; it's a true loss to anyone who had the opportunity to interact with the guy. :headbanger:

RIP

He was a very solid & active mange bored poster back in the day when the bored was useful.

Also, if I remember correctly, he was one of a few geeks that worked to "hide" DI's personal info after sirjavalot posted it online on the geek bored.

As a member of the DPL league with him the last couple of years, I'll say that he stepped up as commish and kept the league going. He seemed like a great guy and he'll be missed. T&P to his family.

That sucks, Ts and Ps.

Although we all know edjr is a complete doosh, I can understand his doubt. I opened this thread expecting to see a punchline. It's the Geek Club for focks sake, all we do is bust balls.

:dunno:

Falling into a diabetic coma isn't painful. It's just a progression of exhaustion, a feeling of overwhelming sleepiness, until you finally close your eyes. I'm sure carbon monoxide poisoning is similar.

It's the exact same thing as kidney failure. My gramps decided to give up the dialysis a couple of weeks ago. Took him 6 days to pass. The progression was exactly like you described. In fact, docs said it was the best way to go if you ever have a choice.

ed, you could just post under your real name, ya know. :thumbsup:

Probie is a funny bastid, you have to admit. :bandana:

He never seemed to be anything but a decent, smart guy. Every time I go to Reason.com I'll think of him now since he suggested it to me awhile back. :(

jgalt represented FFToday in the Interboard League Challenge (between us and footballguys, The Huddle, Fantasy Sports Wire, and ffwarroom).

Every conversation I had with him made me believe that he was truly a great guy.

He'll be missed, and my prayers go to his family.

He was a Top 15 poster here who played in many leagues.

A real nice guy, too.

This thread needs to be pinned.

He's the first Geek to pass away, to my knowledge.

Very sad

Bit late but wasn't he a Raider fan too Rusty?

Believe that's what I remember from communication with him on the boards and email.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Wow.

Was in a couple of leagues with him, and obviously dealt with him via email. Very nice guy. This is really sad news, he will be in my thoughts.

:pointstosky:

DOes anyone know if there is somewhere I can donate some $$? Has anyone seen his obit to see if there was a place his family requested donations to be sent?

DOes anyone know if there is somewhere I can donate some $$? Has anyone seen his obit to see if there was a place his family requested donations to be sent?

As far as I know no obit was posted yet. I would guess a diabetes organization like http://www.jdrf.org/ would be the best bet, but that's just my speculation.

I've refrained from posting in this thread up until now because of the idiots, I didn't want to validate their antics with the responses that brewed inside me.

Whoisjgalt is one of the finest people i've met 'online' as a result of this FF community. I've been in 3 leagues with him, and spoken to him on the phone many times. He was a well read scholar, as his handle would indicate, an FF shark, as anyone who played against him would testify, a near world class swimmer in his college days, and one of the classiest online persona's i've ever encountered. In short, he was a great guy, and anyone who was lucky enough to cross paths with him is better off for it.

I've heard a lot of accounts today of jgalt helping other poster's out with college level assignments or fantasy football strategy, as well as some heartfelt sorrow from many geeks that had the pleasure of meeting him in person.

The world lost a good guy this week, and my thoughts go out to his family and friends. :thumbsup: