Sign in to follow this  
ffsmack

Travis Henry Facing A One-Year Suspension

I just saw it on the local news. If true, this sucks as a homer.

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/H...mp;pageId=1.1.1

EXCLUSIVE: Broncos RB Travis Henry Tests Positive for Marijuana

Henry could face a one-year suspension

Last Edited: Thursday, 04 Oct 2007, 5:32 PM MDT

Created: Thursday, 04 Oct 2007, 5:21 PM MDT

By JOSINA ANDERSON, FOX 31 Sports

DENVER --

Fox 31 News has learned that Denver Broncos running back Travis Henry, the team's leading rusher, has tested positive for marijuana use and could be subject to a one-year suspension.

Henry, 28, previously served a four-game suspension from the National Football League for violating the leagues substance abuse policy in September 2005 as a member of the Tennessee Titans.

Henry can appeal the latest violation. However, if the appeal is denied, he will begin serving a one-year suspension immediately.

Henry can file for reinstatement 60 days prior to the end of the suspension.

The Denver Broncos had no official comment, instead, deferring to the NFL.

The Broncos signed Travis Henry in the off-season to a five-year, $22.5 million contract with $12 million in guarantees.

Wow, I had heard that he only had one more before suspension back in the summer. Didn't even come close to factoring that in when I drafted him.

Good thing I picked up Young this week just in case.....fock you Henry, sit with your knee injury and your pot habit.

And in my other league where I don't have Henry, picked up Young just in case......

I have Selvin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:unsure:

Awesome timing, the waiver wire bidding ends at 10:00 PM tonight and Selvin is available in two of my three pay leagues.

:unsure: :banana: :first:

hahahahaha im glad i didnt draft him

Doh, I gave the Henry owner Selvin for Kenton Kieth a few weeks ago (i'm the Addia owner).

is this for real????? i just put in for selvin young in all 3 leagues..... hoping that nobody else hears this..... dropping leonard anyway so if this is the case for real will drop a player not even being used for a guy that could start...... awesome!!!!!!

13th pick.....(henry or chad johnson)....i pick CJ :unsure:

my 3 RB

Gore, Henry, LJ2

because gore/henry have week 6 bye, traded Henry/Big Ben for Tom BRady last week :unsure:

LJ2 goes down but i did keep selvin young!

time to trade for rhodes and i will be golden :banana:

is this for real????? i just put in for selvin young in all 3 leagues..... hoping that nobody else hears this..... dropping leonard anyway so if this is the case for real will drop a player not even being used for a guy that could start...... awesome!!!!!!

Quick, someone delete this thread before more poeple find out.!!!!!!!!!!!

wow.. how soon would/should he be suspended assuming an appeal fails? I feel shanny's face reddening from here.

wow.. how soon would/should he be suspended assuming an appeal fails? I feel shanny's face reddening from here.

Immediately

I have him in one league already. I just pick him up off waivers in another. Someone has him my last league.

2 out of 3 not bad. :unsure:

I have him in one league already. I just pick him up off waivers in another. Someone has him my last league.

2 out of 3 not bad. :pointstosky:

Henry?

Sh!t, I kept him for $1 in my auction league...we only get 4 RB roster spots and 2 starters every week...is he worth keeping on my roster all season...grrrrr. (yes, I picked up Selvin Young just now)

I pray that he is suspended immediately. I have both in one league and just Young in the other.

But most important, I don't want to mess with a gametime decision with the Denver situation.

Wasn't Big Pete saying that Henry is supposed to have a clean slate after the 4th game, and thus would only get 4 games? Or am I remembering it wrong, that Henry's slate clears at a later date?

I wonder when this test was if it happened? Usually when a test like this is made public it happened a while back.

I remember one of the big points the pro-Henry crowd made during the preseason was that he was just about out of the league substance abuse program.

I guess it would be fitting if he couldn't wait. That certainly never stopped him with the ladies either.

I don't buy it.

Weed lowers sperm count. No way henry tokes. :pointstosky:

You would think that this news would break on ESPN.com soon. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :pointstosky:

ProFootballTalk has picked up the story already.

A little more info related to this news...

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ny-...,0,826731.story

"Broncos running back Travis Henry sues NFL to withhold drug test results"

Denver Broncos running back Travis Henry is embroiled in a lawsuit to keep the NFL from using the results of a drug test to suspend him, according to court papers filed in Brooklyn federal court.

Henry fired the first salvo in the case Sept. 20 when he attempted to get a restraining order in Suffolk County Supreme Court to block the NFL from using a urine specimen against him and to stop the league from disclosing the test results.

Court papers filed in the state court action couldn't be reviewed late Thursday, and Henry's attorney Robert Dapelo of Patchogue declined comment. But papers filed by the NFL on Monday in federal court suggested that Henry may have failed the test because the documents stated that Henry was trying to stop the league from testing his specimen and "suspending from his employment with the NFL."

While the Suffolk court granted the temporary restraining order against the NFL, the league got an appellate court to vacate that order, court papers disclosed.

The NFL is seeking to have the litigation transferred to Brooklyn federal court because the issue involves interpretation of the league's collective bargaining agreement, which generally is covered by federal labor laws. Henry claims that the NFL violated league substance abuse policy by not allowing his experts to be present for testing of his urine specimen, court papers stated.

The 28 year-old Henry was signed by the Broncos in March after stints with the Tennessee Titans and Buffalo Bills. He leads the league in rushing this season with 433 yards.

NFL attorney Sean O'Donnell of Manhattan declined to comment late Thursday.

You would think that this news would break on ESPN.com soon. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :pointstosky:

True...the source seems credible though. FOX station in Colorado..its only been 1 1/2 hours since the news broke. Maybe ESPN wants something legitimate to report...waiting for an official notification from the NFL? I remember when it happened to Ricky the past 2 times it didnt make major news till later that night...we knew about it early in the morning. Regardless, I added Selvin Young after my bro (Bronco fan) dropped him last week!!!!! :) :) :)

ProFootballTalk has picked up the story already.

Good eye. :pointstosky: Still I would like to see a major news source like ESPN or Fox sports.com pick it up too.

With the nice find by mobbdeep, I would guess this is legit.

All I can say is that some of these guys are complete and utter morons. Seriously, Henry is going to be living in a cardboard box on the same block as Michael Vick within a few years when they could have been set for life if they would just follow the rules.

How my season is going.

Deuce? Check!

Caddy? Check!

Delhomme? Check!

Henry? Check!

At least I had Selvin on the bench...but I think i'm going to retire for the year. :pointstosky:

Edit: Wasn't some pro-drug group wanting Ricky to come to Denver? Irony.

just put out 4 trade offers hoping someone would bite on him...even offering gates up with him..but for big time guys in return...never know if someone takes it

so did i read correct that henry has been trying for couple weeks to keep this from coming out? here is an idea Travis how about laying off the weed till your out of football then you dont have to worry about it....... moron

With the nice find by mobbdeep, I would guess this is legit.

All I can say is that some of these guys are complete and utter morons. Seriously, Henry is going to be living in a cardboard box on the same block as Michael Vick within a few years when they could have been set for life if they would just follow the rules.

That is so true. Look I have no problem with people smoking weed. I think it should be legal but "it's not" and when you get a 22 million dollar contract and a 12 million dollar signing bonus you would think that would be incentive enough to stay away from the weed a few years. By the way the average NFL running back's stay in the NFL is like 3 years. Henry could have smoked all the weed he wanted in three years.

Hell he could have tried to break Wilt's sex partners record (10,000 women) instead to pass the time. He was well on his way with 9 children.

What value does Bell have? He should pick up a few carries.

I think this game is very key for Young (assuming Henry does not play). If he does well, you gotta think he will be the main back with Bell spelling him. Bell will become Young pre-10/4/07