Sign in to follow this  
Gridiron Junkie

This forum is losing it's usefullness

If something is objectionable, use the 'Report' button at the bottom left of every post. I've used it more than once in the last couple weeks and the mods then clean things up real fast!!

I honestly think more mods would make the problem about lack of info/discussion worse. Mike does a great job getting rid of anything that is out of line/offensive/too catty/etc and tends to let the jokes and sarcasm that are football related slide by. That's what it should be in my opinion. If you start deleting/banning everything that isn't 100% football related, it becomes a slippery slope and people start whining and crying about why their thread was deleted or locked and something else was allowed to stay up. Then we end up with more pissing contests and Mike spends more time as a babysitter than a mod. If it's inappropriate, Mike cleans it up. If it's just something goofy or annoying, he lets it go. Just like he should. Under your mod rules, this thread would have been gone a long time ago as it isn't FF related whatsoever. It was allowed to stay, however, and you see that it has developed into a civilized (so far) debate about censorship and what we expect/enjoy from a FF board. I think that's at least as productive as 50 more threads about Selvin Young, don't you? The team management questions get annoying, but some good debate can be sparked from them, and you're kidding yourself if you think the Help Board is a place any of us really want to visit. The only people there are people with questions themselves, so they're not going to answer anyone else's question for the simple fact that no one cares about anything but their own team. The bored can police itself, and is doing a respectable job so far. Therefore, Mike should just let things stay the way they are. Instead of asking mods to fix the bored and "make it what it used to be", I think it's up to us as posters to simply ignore the trash and do our best not to contribute to it ourselves. I see what you're saying, but where do you draw the line? It's just better left the way it is.

Boo censorship, Hooray Mike! :pointstosky:

Best post of the day!

I guess in starting this thread I waded through 10 or 12 threads that caught my interest for various reasons and damned if everyone of them was jam packed with juvenile replies that, in retrospect, got my dander up! The Selvin Young threads actually drove me away... for a few days at least... My big blunder in initially starting this thread was thinking that 1. There would be enough mods, and 2. That they would, at the very least, be capable of choosing what - and what not to delete in a uniform manner that best serves the forum.

I did not however, suggest that the only talk should be of fantasy football nor make any rules of any kind for what should or should not be in this forum. I'm just tired of the nonsense BS that gets posted in another persons thread. If you start your own thread, so be it.

I agree wholeheartedly that the "A Little Help" board is a scary place. I was there once... a long time ago...

Best post of the day!

I guess in starting this thread I waded through 10 or 12 threads that caught my interest for various reasons and damned if everyone of them was jam packed with juvenile replies that, in retrospect, got my dander up! The Selvin Young threads actually drove me away... for a few days at least... My big blunder in initially starting this thread was thinking that 1. There would be enough mods, and 2. That they would, at the very least, be capable of choosing what - and what not to delete in a uniform manner that best serves the forum.

I did not however, suggest that the only talk should be of fantasy football nor make any rules of any kind for what should or should not be in this forum. I'm just tired of the nonsense BS that gets posted in another persons thread. If you start your own thread, so be it.

I agree wholeheartedly that the "A Little Help" board is a scary place. I was there once... a long time ago...

:pointstosky:

I understand the low post count in respect to the amount of time you've been a member. That place is awful. :thumbsdown:

I wouldn't say this forum is useless, unless you need to get on an hour or so before gametime. Then it's useless, because you can't even log on!

Honestly this board hasn't been the same since he who shall not be named(MKB4) :overhead: was kicked out. I mean my fantasy league website gives me more up to date information faster than here now.

Well start posting that info it here then. :pointstosky:

Guest _my_2_cents_
Banned until November for racist comments, I think.

And I'll be happy to help out as a board mod. My pimp hand's strong.

...and so the legend of Football Scooter grows. :pointstosky:

Since the cat's been out of the bag for some time and 20 people have "outted" me for that alias, I will say only that what happened was I was accussed of "being a racist" by a member who has since been banned for repeated trolling/flaming. I am not a racist, I've never been a racist and in fact I was suspended for lashing out at the guy who posted that I was a racist. Since it was the lucky 1,372nd time I called someone a d0uchebag, I got suspended for it, and rightly so - I have since made amends and turned over a new leaf, which I think has been evident in the time since.

And I was not "banned", I was suspended - a suspension that's been up for a while now. I simply choose to continue with this name and retire the other. But indeed, I deserved the suspension and not using that handle is more about the new leaf than anything. It is out of respect for Mike and this website.

That said, Scooter was 14' tall, covered in tatoos, ate orphaned babies for breakfast and the mere uttering of his name will summon a pox on you and your family for 3 generations to come. :pointstosky:

let it go already people.

Guest _my_2_cents_
The mods were slaughtered in the Geek-Pirates Rebellion of 2019. Since we rule the cyber world in the future, we have come to take over the present too.

All your internets are belong to us. :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

:lol:

Guest _my_2_cents_
I hear you, brother. I came on here before my draft and asked who I should pick since I had the first pick in the draft. I got a bunch of smartass answers of guys telling me to draft Lawrence Taylor.. He's a retired linebacker. DUH.

And how'd that pick work out for you? :pointstosky:

boo!

As mentioned - it was a suspension, and that it has lapsed. But since dual aliases are lot allowed, this is *officially* my last post as football_scooter.

:rip: football_scooter, footballs_cooter, etc. Sorry to disappoint y'all. Now if you'll excuse me, i have a toddler to make shishkabobs out of - where's phillybear with that recipe...? :lol:

boo!

:ninja:

As mentioned - it was a suspension, and that it has lapsed. But since dual aliases are lot allowed, this is *officially* my last post as football_scooter.

:rip: football_scooter, footballs_cooter, etc. Sorry to disappoint y'all. Now if you'll excuse me, i have a toddler to make shishkabobs out of - where's phillybear with that recipe...? :huh:

:wave:

:wave:

:doublethumbsup:

boo!

:rip: football_scooter, footballs_cooter, etc. Sorry to disappoint y'all. Now if you'll excuse me, i have a toddler to make shishkabobs out of - where's phillybear with that recipe...? :wave:

:ninja:

Welcome Back - What happened to you?? JK - - Where the hell is that hot sauce?

the problem is everything turns into a huge argument. i am guilty on this one, as i am easily baited.

then you have the elitist douches that attack anything and everything. basically, if you are a newbie, and you post stuff, expect to get reamed.

you can still find useful info, just gotta sift through the shite.

Guest _my_2_cents_
Welcome Back - What happened to you?? JK - - Where the hell is that hot sauce?

our boy never sent me any peppers - he's having trouble with pollenization or something. I am still on track for the hot sauce to league members. I'll be making it this weekend and will post to the Yahoo league page when it's ready to ship.

Ask Let Da Big Dog Eat how it is - he's had it before and reportedly enjoyed it very much.

I'd pay. I think people are too negative. I think people are too sensitive. I think we make a bit too big of a deal about team management questions. I hate when people put false headers to make me read their topic. Something like, Brady dead in locker room fight - then I look panicking about who I'm going to start this week :doublethumbsup: and find out that it's only about a game of Halo he was playing. I hate that Britney Spears finally got naked but it was so dissapointing. It was not what I thought we'd get from Britney but more like that drunk chick from college outside of the dorms who is falling all over the place and you are getting sloppy shots of her home and away endzones that you just don't want. I don't understand how The Price is Right hasn't figured out that a "Prime Time Plinko" gameshow would dominate. The best would be making the bonus rounds "Mountain Climber". Some things are no brainers. How come every candy bar has to have a reverse of itself, or a white chocolate version now? I haven't eaten a plain Reeses cup in lilke 5 years because I keep getting sold on whatever the new version is this week. Why didn't anyone ever replay 1st and 10? That show was great. I'm still pissed about the Sopranos ending and I'll never understand why they killed off Tripp in Star Trek enterprise. I'd love to know why my girl decided to tell me "things aren't working out" thousands of miles and 3 weeks after we left Boston? I could have left her in Missouri and hit every strip club on the way to California if she had given me just a few days heads up. Hell I probably would still be in Vegas. And also I prefer "what happens in Vegas didn't happen!" to the more classic catch line. I hate that Chargers flags fly everywhere I look nowadays but 3 years ago I got a seat to the Jets playoff game at less then face value. I'm still pissed about trading Danny Ainge, Borque winning with Colorado, I'd definitely start a fight with Ulf Samuellson if I met him. I don't understand why "The Departed" got so much props, when it was clearly a huge ripoff of the all to true Whitey Bulger story and not as interesting. If you want Boston, Italian and Irish Mafia, FBI and Police intrique, go buy Black Mass: The True Story of an Unholy Alliance between the FBI and Irish Mob. "The Departed" was just bs!!!! But like I said I'd pay and you people are too negative and too sensitive! :ninja:

I have since made amends and turned over a new leaf, which I think has been evident in the time since.

That's debatable...

Real men beat up other up verbally and physically, pop open a beer, chug it, smash the empty over their heads, and laugh about it.

Other "men" go to sites that are run by control freaks where retard is considered a curse word.

Is it no wonder this site is the #1 site that pops up on Google when you search for fantasy football?

wow never knew that :pointstosky: hopefully it's not mike paying for it though

Personally, the flaming / pissing contest have always been prevalent here and any fantasy football message bored for that matter. Take a bunch of alpha males who love football and there is simply no way around those things. And IMHO a little heated debate is fun at times.

But what I truly miss about this bored, is it used to be a hot bed of information. You can still come here and get insightful opinions. But it used to be that I could come here and get information about injuries, or anything of that matter that definitely had fantasy implications long before anyone else could. I remember when big time Priest season ending injury news was out here about 2 full days before it was posted anywhere else that I peruse.

It used to be some sort of news, with discussions and opinions based on that news. It seemed like I had a full on discussion on whether or not a players injury replacement would be any good, before anyone else in my league had even heard about the injury itself. Very useful stuff when it came down to fantasy football.

That all being said, despite it not being what it once was... the good thing is that I do find the opinions of those here on a whole are better than other sites I've tried. One thing is being around you tend to know who's opinion on certain subjects you can trust. And you know when guys are being homers. I do wish some guys were still around that added a lot. Some are still here and changed their aliases.

My word...

football_scooter's final epitaph on a thread I started - I am truly humbled...

Let's let this thread die as well. Never expected this type of response to my (hopefully) small rant about stuff pi$$ing me off on a free forum I visit.

So I hear this Selvin Young is pretty good...

The mods were slaughtered in the Geek-Pirates Rebellion of 2019. Since we rule the cyber world in the future, we have come to take over the present too.

All your internets are belong to us. :dunno: :cry:

Are you Al Gore the 5th?? :cheers:

The reality is that this board is a cross section of society (albeit a society of FF freaks) and there are going to be people that rub you the wrong way or aren't personable and you have to decide how you are going to react.

I try to not antagonize too much but sometime people are just so damn STUPID I can't help it. :overhead:

I would like to see some official grammar police MODS - not because I feel superior about my literary skills but because I probably miss out on some interesting and valid information when I skip over the paragraphs that never get spaced. A guy could go blind trying to read some of the things written on here.

There are several of them in this thread so you know what I mean... :clap:

DUDE I WAS ON A TIRADE! Sorry I didn't space.

Yeah that was pretty cool to read the last Football Scooter post ever.. you should put link to that up and create a new topic.

DUDE I WAS ON A TIRADE! Sorry I didn't space.

:overhead:

#4 Bobby Orr...I hadn't even noticed one was your post...

Your asking for sarcasm when you ask for help on this board.Guys take that as a lack of intelligence for not noticing the don't ask for help in the big bold letters at the top of the page. What it boils down to is if you don't like the funny persona that is delivered and you want a more serious approach.I think this sight isn't for you.Try a sight more suitable for your needs.I enjoy the humor and personally ive been running leagues for 20 years i might ask a opinion or two but it's the gut that works best for me.Ill be damned if im gonna take some strangers advice over my own with a championship on the line.But if you need a injury update or news on if a player is starting or not i think were solid.They will give you true imfo in that case.I remember years ago when i had a different name( Lost password) i said D. Jack was out going by John Clayton's report who covers theSeahawks. I posted he was out and he played and scored 2 TDS and 100 yds. I almost got kicked out. Luky a few other guys heard the same report and backed me up. I never take that wormsers advise anymore. We have homers from every state and even other countries representing this sight.Im down with the FF today posse for life.

I hear you, brother. I came on here before my draft and asked who I should pick since I had the first pick in the draft. I got a bunch of smartass answers of guys telling me to draft Lawrence Taylor.. He's a retired linebacker. DUH.

Well what do expect with a question like that???? We all know who everyone though was the first pick.

Fock Off. :overhead: :overhead: :overhead:

editorred

-40-

This is the type of bullsh1t that should not be tolerated. Ban :first: ask questions later, IMHO.

Just sayin' :overhead:

I'd pay. I think people are too negative. I think people are too sensitive. I think we make a bit too big of a deal about team management questions. I hate when people put false headers to make me read their topic. Something like, Brady dead in locker room fight - then I look panicking about who I'm going to start this week :overhead: and find out that it's only about a game of Halo he was playing. I hate that Britney Spears finally got naked but it was so dissapointing. It was not what I thought we'd get from Britney but more like that drunk chick from college outside of the dorms who is falling all over the place and you are getting sloppy shots of her home and away endzones that you just don't want. I don't understand how The Price is Right hasn't figured out that a "Prime Time Plinko" gameshow would dominate. The best would be making the bonus rounds "Mountain Climber". Some things are no brainers. How come every candy bar has to have a reverse of itself, or a white chocolate version now? I haven't eaten a plain Reeses cup in lilke 5 years because I keep getting sold on whatever the new version is this week. Why didn't anyone ever replay 1st and 10? That show was great. I'm still pissed about the Sopranos ending and I'll never understand why they killed off Tripp in Star Trek enterprise. I'd love to know why my girl decided to tell me "things aren't working out" thousands of miles and 3 weeks after we left Boston? I could have left her in Missouri and hit every strip club on the way to California if she had given me just a few days heads up. Hell I probably would still be in Vegas. And also I prefer "what happens in Vegas didn't happen!" to the more classic catch line. I hate that Chargers flags fly everywhere I look nowadays but 3 years ago I got a seat to the Jets playoff game at less then face value. I'm still pissed about trading Danny Ainge, Borque winning with Colorado, I'd definitely start a fight with Ulf Samuellson if I met him. I don't understand why "The Departed" got so much props, when it was clearly a huge ripoff of the all to true Whitey Bulger story and not as interesting. If you want Boston, Italian and Irish Mafia, FBI and Police intrique, go buy Black Mass: The True Story of an Unholy Alliance between the FBI and Irish Mob. "The Departed" was just bs!!!! But like I said I'd pay and you people are too negative and too sensitive! :overhead:

It appears the electro-shock therapy wasn't very successful? (Just kidding).

Yes, I'd pay a fee for this site--it provides helpful information as well as entertainment. Some guys get a bit out of line here sometimes (me included), but it's still a site I check and rely upon almost daily for ff information.

As far as your example, you don't know why people are doing that. We pick on cmh97576262 all of the time (and for more things than just being a Chiefs fan). It is part of this little clubhouse. If you are hanging out at the bar with your buddies, do you have any banter going back and forth?

Don't get me wrong. I would love to have more organized info without the BS posts. It would be great (actually greta). But I don't want mods in order to make that happen. I don't want some Schick! wannabe deciding what is useful and what is not useful.

I think this is a big part of it. It's just guys being guys. Whether its pushing the buttons of somebody you don't particularly like or busting the chops of one of your "friends" for saying something really stupid, we all go back and forth for some fun and laughs. I realize I'm an FNG around here, and I'm still getting to know people and how they handle themselves in a variety of situations, but we're all just trying have a little fun, talk about FF, and talk a lil' smack here and there about whichever real team we call our own. I've said a few things that people thought were funny, and a few others that I thought were funny, but crashed and burned nonetheless. And I try and stay away from going after anyone, but sometimes they open the door so bad you can't help but call them out.

IMHO, from my short time being here, the biggest problem around here is too many people won't take 5 minutes to check a couple pages to see if there is a thread that has already been started on the topic they wish to discuss before they start up yet another one. I mean last week there were like 18 Selvin Young threads, 3-4 threads on Maroney, etc. This week there's at least 3 separate threads on SSmith and 2 or 3 on A. Johnson. I thinks that's far more detrimental to the functioning of this board than someone inside a thread talking a lil' smack, because it makes it harder to find a thread that is about a topic that you're interested in.

And, on a different note, if you see a guy that asks a boneheaded question, go ahead and bust his chops about it but throw him a bone and give him some legitimate, solid advice, too. He may be a newbie that really is clueless about FF and is simply trying to learn. We were all there once, and I would have learned a lot faster had I found this site back then. There's a lot of good information floating around here, but the best information is that which supports an opinion. I read almost all of the supporting documentation, regardless of whether or not I agree with a given opinion, and file that information away for future use. I use it to expand my horizons, which makes me better at FF. And that's really what this site is all about (besides talking a lil' smack and hanging out with the boys :mad: ).

But, I'm just an FNG and that's JMHO. :)