Sign in to follow this  
dragon10

Chad Johnson NO Practice today

Chad Johnson sat out practice Thursday for undisclosed reasons.

We'll have more on this situation when further news is revealed.

not usualy good when someone misses Thursday's practice.

Mark my words, this thing is going to get ugly in Cinci with Ocho Stinko running his mouth and being a front runner! Everything is cool when he is getting the rock but when things dont go so well he is a little baby!

Chris Henry is a huge pickup right now!

Did I miss something? What are people talking about when they say CJ is running his mouth off? Rye Dog, are you the one running your mouth off, or do you have anythign to substantiate your comments? I just did a search and found this:

...But Johnson, known for his inventive end-zone celebrations and good-time sense of humor — he once sent a case of Pepto Bismol to the Browns' secondary before they faced him — has toned down his act in recent weeks as the Bengals (1-4) have struggled through a four-game losing streak.

Even the list of cornerbacks he's gone against has been replaced in his locker. Now, Johnson said he just keeps a list of teams he's faced.

"If you think, in the past, all the stuff I've done, the antics, it's always done while things are going well, while we're winning and the situation is right," Johnson said. "Right now, the situation isn't right. If I do score, I'll just toss the ball to the ref. The time is not right."

What I do know is that 85 was in a protective boot two weeks ago, and could easily have a sore ankle. I also know that I have never heard about CJ being a bad teammate to the detriment of the team.

There is no way Marvin sits him though. He has to win

It would not shock me. :overhead:

Palmer and CJ are not only not on the same page right now, they're not even reading the same book. Other Bengals talk about the amount of selfishness and lack of teamwork. I think they're talking about CJ.

IF Lewis was going to sit him, this would be the game to do it. To win this game without the services of Johnson would absolutely take his ego down a notch.

sore ankle issue per rotoworld. Doesn't look to be anything serious. I expect him to be fine and play Sunday. He has a great match-up vs the Jets.

:rolleyes:

Am I missing something here? CJ is #14 overall and #3 WR in my ppr League. Last game was tageted 12x for 8 catches/83 yards. Must be his lack of TD's. I'd take him, maybe if so many are down on him I should go make the owner an offer.

sore ankle issue per rotoworld. Doesn't look to be anything serious. I expect him to be fine and play Sunday. He has a great match-up vs the Jets.

Per the Bengals pressers yesterday, they had a extra long practice on Wednesday. He fights nicks and bruises, and always comes to play.

I also heard Carson mention that he would like some extra time with Glenn Holt. So it worked out, Chad got some rest and Carson got to work with Holt.

This team really needs Willie back, and a healthy Rudi. They need to keep the D off the field, and a solid running game helps that and will help Carson as well.

Per the Bengals pressers yesterday, they had a extra long practice on Wednesday. He fights nicks and bruises, and always comes to play.

I also heard Carson mention that he would like some extra time with Glenn Holt. So it worked out, Chad got some rest and Carson got to work with Holt.

This team really needs Willie back, and a healthy Rudi. They need to keep the D off the field, and a solid running game helps that and will help Carson as well.

wonder if it will make a difference when chris henry gets back. what's that.....week 10? it may be too late for cincy by then. this weekend is a must win for them against the jets. in fact, they have a few must wins coming up with a 1-4 start.

wonder if it will make a difference when chris henry gets back. what's that.....week 10? it may be too late for cincy by then. this weekend is a must win for them against the jets. in fact, they have a few must wins coming up with a 1-4 start.

Yeah, kind a like my fantasy team...

Bad character issues have killed Cincy...too many of their guys on the police blotter instead of the practice field. It's hard to say what effect Henry may have, but I think the o-line health would be a much nicer contributor than Henry. I just hope CJ is fine...

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6369

Practice report

Carson mentioned Henry as well, and seems egaer to get him back. The kid can clear a safety, and he is mismatch in the slot. I think he's back week 9 pending a jersey wearing crime.

Willie Anderson practiced his 2nd day in a row which is good news. Their schedule from here on allows them to climb back into a possible wild card if they can turn it around. 2 nasty meetings with Pittsburgh yet and a rematch with Baltimore. All 3 are divisional games so records don't always mean too much. And the rest of their games are all winnable.

I'm guessing a big scoring output against the hapless jets this week. 85 goes big with over 120 yards and 2 td's.

PER KFFL.com
Bengals | C. Johnson given day off Thursday
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:28:54 -0700

Updating a previous report, Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad Johnson (ankle) did not participate in practice Thursday, Oct. 18, because he was given the day off to rest a sore ankle, according to head coach Marvin Lewis. He will start Week 7.

Chad is fine people. Hes the same as any other selfish WR who gets pissed when they lose and dont get the ball enough. When teams lose, players ######. The way it is.

PER KFFL.com
Bengals | C. Johnson given day off Thursday
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:28:54 -0700

Updating a previous report, Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad Johnson (ankle) did not participate in practice Thursday, Oct. 18, because he was given the day off to rest a sore ankle, according to head coach Marvin Lewis. He will start Week 7.

Chad is fine people. Hes the same as any other selfish WR who gets pissed when they lose and dont get the ball enough. When teams lose, players ######. The way it is.

Um, you dont hear Housh bitchin', and he plays a hell of alot harder than Johnson week in and week out.

Um, you dont hear Housh bitchin', and he plays a hell of alot harder than Johnson week in and week out.

What do you mean he plays harder? He tries harder running routes? He blocks harder? He runs faster?

Oh, I see, he has more TD's so he must be playing "a hell of a lot harder." Got it. Good point. :unsure:

Um, you dont hear Housh bitchin'

O RLY

TJ Houz's moronic quote in frustration last week after losing, "We're better than the teams we're losing to." Well, not for four weeks Houz Yo Daddy.

Ummm....Housh bitches all the same. He doesnt play harder than anyone. Anyone will tell you that Chad plays hard all the time. The fact is ESPN doesnt care about Housh and doesnt talk about it. People love Chad so he gets the buzz. Housh bitches. Its a tip.

What do you mean he plays harder? He tries harder running routes? He blocks harder? He runs faster?

Oh, I see, he has more TD's so he must be playing "a hell of a lot harder." Got it. Good point. :blink:

Did you ever think that the reason maybe those TDs that Johnson isnt scoring is because he just doesnt fight thru the coverage or run the right route in the first place. This was clearly evident in the KC game. TDs have nothing to do with the effort, its just the end result of doing what you are supposed to be doing.

So dont take out your homo aggression on me because you took the wrong Cincy WR in your draft, fvckhead.

same scenario last season, he had a cold streak, and then came back and lit it up.
I think his "cold streak" was and is a refusal of Palmer to throw him the ball. Palmer is so yippy this year. He seems to have no confidence to throw the ball more than 8 yards (generally to Housh). When he does throw more than 10 yards downfield it seems like it is generally way overthrown.

I think his "cold streak" was and is a refusal of Palmer to throw him the ball. Palmer is so yippy this year. He seems to have no confidence to throw the ball more than 8 yards (generally to Housh). When he does throw more than 10 yards downfield it seems like it is generally way overthrown.

i think a home game against the jets could help cure that problem.

Did you ever think that the reason maybe those TDs that Johnson isnt scoring is because he just doesnt fight thru the coverage or run the right route in the first place. This was clearly evident in the KC game. TDs have nothing to do with the effort, its just the end result of doing what you are supposed to be doing.

So dont take out your homo aggression on me because you took the wrong Cincy WR in your draft, fvckhead.

No, I never thought of that. You're right, I must be a fvckhead.

So to sum up your scholarly argument, you contest that the TD's are going to Houshmanzadeh because Chad Johnson doesn't give the effort necessary to fight for the ball and he runs the wrong routes. But then the fighting for the ball thing doesn't really matter because it's all about running the right routes. So if Chad would just do what he was supposed to, he would score more touchdowns.

That's brilliant. Great point, again.

Now I'm going to go destroy something around the house because I'm furious about being a homo.

There was no question in my mind that Houz would have the greater value in drafts. I thought he'd put up numbers close to CJ (and this is coming from a CJ owner of now 3 years in redrafts). But CJ just has that fun factor that I personally love... and it's not like he is putting up terrible #'s. That and my draft position didn' lend to me getting Houz unless I picked him up in the very eraly 2nd (where I picked up CJ). It sucks the Bengals are doing so bad and he is going to scale his antics down though... although I respect that as far as real world football is concerned though.

With the Bengals... it's pick your poison, and some teams will choose to give Houz some extra attention. I mean they have to with the numbers he's putting up. I think things will start opening up for CJ as a result.

Seriously though, what's this stupid argument about? Both are having great seasons statistcially and both are great players. I mean in std scoring leagues, Houz is #4, and CJ is #6. In PPR, Houz is #1 and CJ is #3. And while the Cincy offense is not necessarily firing on all cylinders... I don't think the passing game has anything to do with why they are losing. Try OLine injuries, losing your starting RB and a very potent running game in general... along with a completely decimated LB core and a D that everyone is scoring on.

Guest _my_2_cents_

The reason Housh is more valuable than CJ in PPR is simple: Housh is a big physical receiver who isn't afraid to run crossing patterns, go underneath or take contact - Housh excells at the underneath stuff and is the #1 target in 3rd and med-long situations. He also has the speed to go deep. With CJ so frequently afforded the respect of the DT, Housh is open far more often and even when the coverage shifts to Housh, he's so damn good at shielding the ball from the defender - and Palmer is great at throwing the ball only where his WR can catch it.

Plus, as I described in another topic, Cinci is a FFB paradise - the perfect storm, where they have a top 5 offense and a bottom 5 defense. They have to score to have a chance at winning, and they don't blow anyone out because their opponents score against them. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Jets put up 27 on them.

Added to that is what I experienced as a 3 year CJ owner: Johnson takes himself out of at least 4 games a year with "cramps" or "other" - he'll disappear for a 1/4 getting IV in the locker room while Housh is blowing up. As a CJ owner there's nothing more maddening. Now CJ has an ankle injury of some sort - he'll play, but even more love for Housh than normal this week. Look for 9/127/2 :nono:

Now CJ has an ankle injury of some sort - he'll play, but even more love for Housh than normal this week. Look for 9/127/2 :thumbsup:

I actually believe these will be CJ's stats this week with maybe even better yardage. Housh still goes for 100 and 1.

We'll see. :cry:

Guest _my_2_cents_
I actually believe these will be CJ's stats this week with maybe even better yardage. Housh still goes for 100 and 1.

We'll see. :cheers:

Let's split the difference, and say they both get 9/112/1 this week and walk away friends. :overhead:

Let's split the difference, and say they both get 9/112/1 this week and walk away friends. :overhead:

F that. Let's give them both 8/125/2 since those 2 are the only weapons Cincy has. :cheers:

CJ and Palmer owner

No, I never thought of that. You're right, I must be a fvckhead.

So to sum up your scholarly argument, you contest that the TD's are going to Houshmanzadeh because Chad Johnson doesn't give the effort necessary to fight for the ball and he runs the wrong routes. But then the fighting for the ball thing doesn't really matter because it's all about running the right routes. So if Chad would just do what he was supposed to, he would score more touchdowns.

That's brilliant. Great point, again.

Now I'm going to go destroy something around the house because I'm furious about being a homo.

Well have a good time. And for future reference, if you dont write stupid sh1t and act like you are having your period on here, I wont bust your balls.

Try one of your pink throw pillows or one of your hummel figurines.

Well have a good time. And for future reference, if you dont write stupid sh1t and act like you are having your period on here, I wont bust your balls.

Dude you couldn't be farther off on this topic. Everyone in the league will agree on the fact that what makes CJ such a good WR is he plays hard all the time and runs great routes. Maybe you should learn a little more about the game before ripping players. HTH.

Try one of your pink throw pillows or one of your hummel figurines.

Nope, I did pop the absolute sh!t out of my Andy D!ck blowup doll, though.

Dude you couldn't be farther off on this topic. Everyone in the league will agree on the fact that what makes CJ such a good WR is he plays hard all the time and runs great routes. Maybe you should learn a little more about the game before ripping players. HTH.

I think you're missing the point here, Hagy. His intent is not to know what he's talking about. While you come at him with with sound and rational knowledge, Cortezthecockswindler will simply ignore your comments and threaten to bust your balls here on the forearm. He's a total badass.

I agree with RamslovaMartzhata - I love the energy and fun CJ brings into the game. He is known for going up and getting the ball and running precise routes. The Bengals seem to be taking what the defense gives them in the passing game, and so far defenses have given more attention to CJ and less to Houshmanzadeh - especially on deep routes. It's not like Chad's numbers are bad - he's on pace for over 1500 yards and around 10 td's. They'll both have their huge games throughout the season - they are both targeted around the same each game - Housh has just had more success early.

Also, I don't own either receiver.

I think you're missing the point here, Hagy. His intent is not to know what he's talking about. While you come at him with with sound and rational knowledge, Cortezthecockswindler will simply ignore your comments and threaten to bust your balls here on the forearm. He's a total badass.

I agree with RamslovaMartzhata - I love the energy and fun CJ brings into the game. He is known for going up and getting the ball and running precise routes. The Bengals seem to be taking what the defense gives them in the passing game, and so far defenses have given more attention to CJ and less to Houshmanzadeh - especially on deep routes. It's not like Chad's numbers are bad - he's on pace for over 1500 yards and around 10 td's. They'll both have their huge games throughout the season - they are both targeted around the same each game - Housh has just had more success early.

Also, I don't own either receiver.

Of the 8 INT's that Palmer has thrown, 6 of them were on passes targeted for Chad Johnson.

:ninja: