Sign in to follow this  
TheWenner

Multivitamins?

Im taking centrum multivitamins right now and would like to also start taking omega three supplements. Is it bad if the two are taken in conjunction with each other?

PS What are your thoughts on vitamins and supplements, someone told me they thought they were unhealthy because its so unnatural, thoughts?

I'll go out on a limb and suggest you ask a Dr. these questions. I'm not sure where I heard it, but I think they know about this kind of stuff

HTH

I'll go out on a limb and suggest you ask a Dr. these questions. I'm not sure where I heard it, but I think they know about this kind of stuff

HTH

Are you kidding me. A doctor is just one mans oppinion. Here he'll get several :dunno:

Im taking centrum multivitamins right now and would like to also start taking omega three supplements. Is it bad if the two are taken in conjunction with each other?

PS What are your thoughts on vitamins and supplements, someone told me they thought they were unhealthy because its so unnatural, thoughts?

uhh sure you can take vitamins along with omega 3s, why couldn't you?

I'm not sure what you're getting at with 'unnatural', I'd say a multivitamin like you are taking is more unnatural than whey protein,

glutamine, creatine etc.

My favourite is dessicated liver. If you want a cheap healthy natural vitamin there you go.

I don't think there'd be any problem if you got your Omega-3s from flax-seed oil. No risk of heavy metal contamination that some worry about with fish oil, and flax-seed oil is perfectly natural. Really, from what I've read most fish-oil suppliments are safe as well, so there's not too much concern there anyway. As long as you stay under 2g per-day from supliments, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

The only problem I've ever had with Fish-Oil Omega 6 is the occassional "fish burp". It's all good for you in some ways...vitamins and omega-6, so I would say you have nothing to worry about. Never even crossed my mind about worry when I started taking them. Omega-6 does seem to be almost too good to be true. Seems like every month they find something else it helps cure or prevent.

I have my own business that deals with nutrition and skin care. What we are doing is taking the confusion out of nutrition and all of the allied markets by offering an in home test that is backed by science and will help to determine your own unique formula or blend. In other words..."It is made in the exact amounts your body needs"

My thought is...Why would anyone want to guess at what their nutrient needs are without being tested first?

Companies like Centrum use a system that is based on an average. Everyone is different and we all have different nutrient needs. Simple example: If your Mom or Dad are so much older than you than why would you take the same product with the same levels of nutrients? It doesn't make sense to do that.

Its a good thing that you're looking for a good multivitamin. JAMA: Which stands for..The Journal of the American Medical Association recently reversed a 30 year policy and is recommending that everyone should be taking some sort of nutritional supplement. Taking Centrum or any other vitamin is ok, but understand that taking too much or to little is also a bad thing for your body. How can you know what is right? You would need to test first.

Good Luck! :overhead:

P.S. If you're going to take an omega 3 product make sure it also has omega 6 in it too.

Multivitams are good for 2 things:

1) Getting their marketers rich and:

2) Ensuring you have some of the healthiest urine in town.

1) Getting their marketers rich.

That is somewhat true...But if you happen to be a marketer who really didn't do anything to build your business than the money will actually bypass you and go up to the next qualified person/marketer. You see...There is a compansation plan attached to what we do meaning just because you come in before me doesn't mean you'll make more money than me.

My company pays out 58% of every dollar to people just like you and I. Our corporate goal is to reach 1 billion dollars in sales in the next 6-8 years. When that happens they'll pay out $580 million to people just like you and I.

Example: There are roughly 180 million people in the US who take supplements everyday. When just 1.8 million of those people switch and become our customers we will be a billion dollar company. And that is from 1 product alone. We have several other breakthrough products. The sky is the limit here and there is no limit to the amount of money you can make.

So for the last 7 years I've been building a national business and creating a very nice residual income.

We are a debt free company too.

I like what you said about the urine. That was.. :pointstosky:

That is somewhat true...But if you happen to be a marketer who really didn't do anything to build your business than the money will actually bypass you and go up to the next qualified person/marketer. You see...There is a compansation plan attached to what we do meaning just because you come in before me doesn't mean you'll make more money than me.

My company pays out 58% of every dollar to people just like you and I. Our corporate goal is to reach 1 billion dollars in sales in the next 6-8 years. When that happens they'll pay out $580 million to people just like you and I.

Example: There are roughly 180 million people in the US who take supplements everyday. When just 1.8 million of those people switch and become our customers we will be a billion dollar company. And that is from 1 product alone. We have several other breakthrough products. The sky is the limit here and there is no limit to the amount of money you can make.

So for the last 7 years I've been building a national business and creating a very nice residual income.

We are a debt free company too.

I like what you said about the urine. That was.. :thumbsdown:

Yes, it worked really well for the Amway guys! :pointstosky:

Yes, it worked really well for the Amway guys! :pointstosky:

Do you know that Amway is still in business and that they do roughly 20 billion dollars in sales each year?

The company I'm involved with isn't Amway but if it was I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Do you know that Amway is still in business and that they do roughly 20 billion dollars in sales each year?

The company I'm involved with isn't Amway but if it was I wouldn't have a problem with it.

That's why I said it worked well for them! :ninja:

There is nothing shady or wrong with being involved with a Network Marketing Company.

Some people do well and some people don't. The people who do well didn't stop after the first "NO"

The people who didn't do well simply stopped doing their business. If you don't stop you won't fail.

When I started I didn't have to quit my job, I kept working while trying to build this business. After about 8 months or so I was making more in one month than I was working for 3. So I walked away and started doing it on a full time basis.

7 years later and my family doesn't have to worry anymore. Plus it's transferable...If something should happen to me the residule is still there and goes directly to my Wife and kids. With what I do there is no need to knock on peoples doors either. I use our dvd's the internet websites and our presentation calls to build.

We also own and operate our own 25k sqft movie studio inside Universial Studios in Orlando Fl. I have filmed shows there and I have co produced shows there. It has been one hell of a ride so far.

There is nothing shady or wrong with being involved with a Network Marketing Company.

Some people do well and some people don't. The people who do well didn't stop after the first "NO"

The people who didn't do well simply stopped doing their business. If you don't stop you won't fail.

When I started I didn't have to quit my job, I kept working while trying to build this business. After about 8 months or so I was making more in one month than I was working for 3. So I walked away and started doing it on a full time basis.

7 years later and my family doesn't have to worry anymore. Plus it's transferable...If something should happen to me the residule is still there and goes directly to my Wife and kids. With what I do there is no need to knock on peoples doors either. I use our dvd's the internet websites and our presentation calls to build.

We also own and operate our own 25k sqft movie studio inside Universial Studios in Orlando Fl. I have filmed shows there and I have co produced shows there. It has been one hell of a ride so far.

Not Quixtar, is it? I know they are big on the nutritional products and energy drinks, XS. They tried to recruit me but they really didn't seem to know what they were talking about and it was more about duping people than helping them. I liked the idea of earning side money but in theory, the method is flawed in that some bottom of the pyramid is reached and everyone is a member. Now with the expansion of the pop. that won't work but it doesn't seem plausible how it can help everybody. Seems like every person I contacted when I was trying to start had already heard the schpiel from someone else and this comes from a just-graduated college student asking his friends and such.

1) Getting their marketers rich and:

2) Ensuring you have some of the healthiest urine in town.

You bring up an interesting point there in No. 2.

In some interview long ago, some wanker made a comment that vitamins make for expensive urine, and it wound up being the "We're bigger than Jesus" remark of the health world.

It was one comment that go blown way out of proportion.

Vitamins are good for you if taken in the right way, to make up diatery deficits.

I don't have a link, but I read somewhere that something like 95% of the crap in multi-vitamins are simply passed thru the body as undigested or unneeded. The body is a miraculous machine that takes what it needs and disposes of the rest. As long as you eat a balanced and varied diet, nothing else is needed. Also, the body sends "urges" to the brain like "I feel like fish tonight" when it is lacking something. The article went on to say that vitamins can actually be bad for you as if you take them for a long time, the body adjusts to taking the nutrients from them rather than the things you eat and drink. Then, if you ever quit, you have a problem.

So, based on this scientific evidence, I have adopted the following nutritional regimen: daily doses of potato chips, chocolate chip cookies, beer and whatever the fock else I feel like. Let my body figure it out.

The body is a miraculous machine that takes what it needs and disposes of the rest. As long as you eat a balanced and varied diet, nothing else is needed.

That's the problem, most people don't eat a balanced diet. In my experience, a multi & omega 3s are essential. You don't really notice a difference when taking a multi but you notice a difference when you don't.

That's the problem, most people don't eat a balanced diet. In my experience, a multi & omega 3s are essential. You don't really notice a difference when taking a multi but you notice a difference when you don't.

Exactly what I was saying: withdrawal. Eat more potato chips and your body will tell you what to mix them with! Fock the vitamins.

Exactly what I was saying: withdrawal. Eat more potato chips and your body will tell you what to mix them with! Fock the vitamins.

:lol: That made me laugh. Thanks!

I remember way back when I was a kid, my Mom would give me a flintstones vitamin everyday. But as I grew older I stopped taking them and never took another supplement until I got involved with this company.

About 30 years later. :unsure: I can tell you that my total cholesterol is under 150 and that my blood pressure is either 120 over 80 or 120 over 70 everytime they take it.

I'm not going to debate anything because its not about trying to convince anyone of anything.

People will do what they want. I know I do. The concept of testing first and then custom fitting your nutrient needs really appealed to me and that is one of the reasons why I joined the Compamy.

Anyway, all I'm doing is answering the topic and letting that person know that there are other options even if he or she doesn't take them. It's ok, I'm not looking for anything.

I'm just going to give you my reply.

There are a lot of opinions on the supplement topic and that's not to say that they're all wrong. People do bring up solid questions. People are skeptic by nature. Regarding supplementation, I was a skeptic too. Even though the concept appealed to me I said no at first because I didn't want to do jump into something I didn't know a lot about.

Big Dog said....I don't have a link, but I read somewhere that something like 95% of the crap in multi-vitamins are simply passed thru the body as undigested or unneeded.

Big Dog, our company uses the latest in (Time Release Technology)

You said... The article went on to say that vitamins can actually be bad for you if you take them for a long time.

My answer is... Everyone's body changes over time. And because of that my company will send out a notice informing the customer that they should re-test. This letter comes within the 9th and 12th month time frame.

The re-test price is reduced at that time too. And there is also the chance that your unique formula will change too.

Not everyone takes a supplement and that's ok. But I believe that because there are so many vitamins out there people just don't know what is right for their body. How much of this and how much of that...The vitamin isle goes on forever.

There are way too many choices and the confusion is endless. Just read what the topic starters first question was.

But I will say that there is a better way. Everyone now has the ability to be tested first and then have the highest quality nutritional supplement which is made in the exact amounts their body needs shipped directly to their door. All with a USP grade of 24. (United States Pharmacopeia) That is the highest grade you can get.

There's no more going out of your way and wasting time and gas going to a healthfood store trying to figure out what to buy. This type of testing used to cost $330.00 and up. They are usually marked up in a medical practitoner's office and are not covered by insurance. These tests were previously only availible to the wealthy, pro and olympic athletes at a monthly cost of $150.00 and up. But because we have a strategic alliance with the worlds leading metobolic testing lab called Metametrix Clinical Laboratory in Atlanta Ga, and the worlds leading formulary company called Douglas Labs in Pittsburgh Pa we can offer these types of tests for $99.00 and under with a monthly charge that is way below $150.00 per month. The average person can afford these tests and products. I personally have thousands of customers all accross the country.

laxboy05, no it's not Quixtar. There is nothing to hide here...The name of the company I have my business through is called Ideal Health. My account allows me to receive the products at wholesale and it also allows me to offer even more discounts to all of my customers. Actually, I don't even have to do that anymore...The company does it for me.

www.idealhealth.com

Anyone can read all about our tests and products and why we believe testing first just makes sense.

Good Luck And Best Of Health To All Of You.

:)

GNC Mega Men Multi + Glutamine

Fish oil.

When I wake up and when I go to sleep.

:lol: That made me laugh. Thanks!

I remember way back when I was a kid, my Mom would give me a flintstones vitamin everyday. But as I grew older I stopped taking them and never took another supplement until I got involved with this company.

About 30 years later. :unsure: I can tell you that my total cholesterol is under 150 and that my blood pressure is either 120 over 80 or 120 over 70 everytime they take it.

I'm not going to debate anything because its not about trying to convince anyone of anything.

People will do what they want. I know I do. The concept of testing first and then custom fitting your nutrient needs really appealed to me and that is one of the reasons why I joined the Compamy.

Anyway, all I'm doing is answering the topic and letting that person know that there are other options even if he or she doesn't take them. It's ok, I'm not looking for anything.

I'm just going to give you my reply.

There are a lot of opinions on the supplement topic and that's not to say that they're all wrong. People do bring up solid questions. People are skeptic by nature. Regarding supplementation, I was a skeptic too. Even though the concept appealed to me I said no at first because I didn't want to do jump into something I didn't know a lot about.

Big Dog said....I don't have a link, but I read somewhere that something like 95% of the crap in multi-vitamins are simply passed thru the body as undigested or unneeded.

Big Dog, our company uses the latest in (Time Release Technology)

You said... The article went on to say that vitamins can actually be bad for you if you take them for a long time.

My answer is... Everyone's body changes over time. And because of that my company will send out a notice informing the customer that they should re-test. This letter comes within the 9th and 12th month time frame.

The re-test price is reduced at that time too. And there is also the chance that your unique formula will change too.

Not everyone takes a supplement and that's ok. But I believe that because there are so many vitamins out there people just don't know what is right for their body. How much of this and how much of that...The vitamin isle goes on forever.

There are way too many choices and the confusion is endless. Just read what the topic starters first question was.

But I will say that there is a better way. Everyone now has the ability to be tested first and then have the highest quality nutritional supplement which is made in the exact amounts their body needs shipped directly to their door. All with a USP grade of 24. (United States Pharmacopeia) That is the highest grade you can get.

There's no more going out of your way and wasting time and gas going to a healthfood store trying to figure out what to buy. This type of testing used to cost $330.00 and up. They are usually marked up in a medical practitoner's office and are not covered by insurance. These tests were previously only availible to the wealthy, pro and olympic athletes at a monthly cost of $150.00 and up. But because we have a strategic alliance with the worlds leading metobolic testing lab called Metametrix Clinical Laboratory in Atlanta Ga, and the worlds leading formulary company called Douglas Labs in Pittsburgh Pa we can offer these types of tests for $99.00 and under with a monthly charge that is way below $150.00 per month. The average person can afford these tests and products. I personally have thousands of customers all accross the country.

laxboy05, no it's not Quixtar. There is nothing to hide here...The name of the company I have my business through is called Ideal Health. My account allows me to receive the products at wholesale and it also allows me to offer even more discounts to all of my customers. Actually, I don't even have to do that anymore...The company does it for me.

www.idealhealth.com

Anyone can read all about our tests and products and why we believe testing first just makes sense.

Good Luck And Best Of Health To All Of You.

:)

Can you get me some weed?

GNC Mega Men Multi + Glutamine

Fish oil.

When I wake up and when I go to sleep.

That is good.

But just so you know...They use a heat process to mix their vitamins which actually makes the levels less than what they really say they are.

That is good.

But just so you know...They use a heat process to mix their vitamins which actually makes the levels less than what they really say they are.

Yeah, but I also eat a Myoplex bar, Myoplex RTD and another whey protein shake along with a very healthy diet.

Shotgun approach. :unsure:

Thanks for the commercial.

The only difference between our perspective viewpoints is that you have a financial interest fueling yours.

I, on the other hand, do not own stock in Frito-Lay.

Altho, as a consumer, I do have a significant interest.

:lol: :unsure:

Thanks for the commercial.

The only difference between our perspective viewpoints is that you have a financial interest fueling yours.

I, on the other hand, do not own stock in Frito-Lay.

Altho, as a consumer, I do have a significant interest.

:D :first:

Funny! :doublethumbsup:

Sure the money is great. And when I first got involved that is all I thought about. But as the years went by (7th) now.

I started to feel different. After about a year or so into this business I actually started to understand what we were doing/offering. That's when my thinking started to change...It's not about the money anymore, it's about giving people solid information regarding their health. Helping other people is what I like to do.

Funny! :music_guitarred:

Sure the money is great. And when I first got involved that is all I thought about. But as the years went by (7th) now.

I started to feel different. After about a year or so into this business I actually started to understand what we were doing/offering. That's when my thinking started to change...It's not about the money anymore, it's about giving people solid information regarding their health. Helping other people is what I like to do.

Does your company offer potato chips? I make my purchase decision based on salt content per oz/price. The higher the better. We may be able to do biz!