Sign in to follow this  
stick

Waiver Pick-ups issues...

We can resume the talks here which is alot easier IMO.

It was my understanding that I was 3rd in priority because I have NOT used waiver wires at all this year and it gets reset after people use it....

~STICK

That is offseason, regular season reverts to w-l record each week.

We had this issus a few weeks back, and Ty said he had it fixed. I think the problem is back!!!

That is offseason, regular season reverts to w-l record each week.

We had this issus a few weeks back, and Ty said he had it fixed. I think the problem is back!!!

This is my understanding as well.

For what it's worth, my claims went like this:

Round 1

Add Grant, Drop Lewis

Add Ech, Drop Lewis (if I didn't get Grant)

Round 2

Add Ech, Drop Trent Green

For reference, here's how they processed this week.

Round 1: Stick dropped Cartwright, Rock WAS RB

and acquired Grant, Ryan GBP RB

Round 1: East Alabama 2 Irons dropped

and acquired Toefield, Labrandon JAC RB

Round 1: Hell Monkeys dropped Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE

and acquired Echemandu, Adimchinobe HOU RB

Round 1: Horsemen dropped McCareins, Justin NYJ WR

and acquired Rosenfels, Sage HOU QB

Round 2: Stick dropped Gramatica, Martin FA PK

and acquired Mare, Olindo NOS PK

Round 2: Horsemen dropped McCardell, Keenan WAS WR

and acquired Longwell, Ryan MIN PK

I also didn't know it, but you can actually view a report that shows everyone's claims.

Go to Reports, Franchise, Previous Processed Waivers. I can't get the format to transfer to the board here, but the info on who was requested and in what order is there.

Grrr, does anyone have the emails from this talk before? Cause this is bogus IMO. I PURPOSELY looked at the order of waiver pickups to see if I could get him and I didnt think with the 3rd priority I had a shot but I tried anyways. Why didnt anyone raise a stink before since the waivers priority was public before? Did you see something different than me?

~STICK

PS- This is what the website used as order for waivers and it is exactly what I saw before I sent mine in too.

Sort Order Used For Processing Waivers:

Scorpion's Sting

420 In Progress

Stick

The Posse

New York Titty-Twisters

TyCobb's Razor Spikes

East Alabama 2 Irons

Hell Monkeys

The Mystery Machine

Horsemen

Tank's Metal Militia

Panty Pilferers

Springfield Isotopes

Buddyryeguy

~STICK

This is my understanding as well.

For what it's worth, my claims went like this:

Round 1

Add Grant, Drop Lewis

Add Ech, Drop Lewis (if I didn't get Grant)

Round 2

Add Ech, Drop Trent Green

FYI, i believe u only put 1 request per round, if i am not mistaken.

Grrr, does anyone have the emails from this talk before? Cause this is bogus IMO. I PURPOSELY looked at the order of waiver pickups to see if I could get him and I didnt think with the 3rd priority I had a shot but I tried anyways. Why didnt anyone raise a stink before since the waivers priority was public before? Did you see something different than me?

~STICK

We did a week or so before, when the cleo lemon issue came up and ty said he had it fixored..

So your saying every single week it should redo the priority even if someone doesnt ever use theres?

~STICK

FYI, i believe u only put 1 request per round, if i am not mistaken.

Nope. Go look at the report. Grant was first but denied:

From report:

Round 1

Add Grant, Ryan GBP RB and drop Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE (Player to add is no longer available.) CLAIM WAS DENIED BECAUSE STICK GOT HIM

Add Echemandu, Adimchinobe HOU RB and drop Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE. ADDED SECOND CHOICE IN ROUND 1

Round 2

Add Echemandu, Adimchinobe HOU RB and drop Green, Trent MIA QB (Player to add is already on roster.) I SHOULD HAVE ECH TOO - DENIED HERE BECAUSE HE WAS ADDED TO MY ROSTER IN ROUND 1

So your saying every single week it should redo the priority even if someone doesnt ever use theres?

~STICK

The rules state it this way: "Waiver priority will be determined by record with points scored as the tiebreaker. (He who has the least points gets higher priority)." During the season, the waiver priority will be redetermined weekly based on the standings from that week. The same priority will apply for both the Tuesday and Friday lotteries.

http://football13.myfantasyleague.com/2007...=18278&O=26

I'm all for a vote on changing this in the offseason, but I don't think we can change this midseason. My two cents.

~STICK

That is correct. The waiver system is designed to give the worst teams the best shot at unrostered players.

In the offseason, since there is no measurable way to tell who has the "worst team", it starts as the order of the draft and changes as people use it. During the regular season, we have a measurable way to determine the worst team, their record. So the priority is redone every week based on record with total points as the tiebreaker.

The order this week should have been:

1) Tank's Metal Militia

2) Hell Monkeys

3) East Alabama 2 Irons

4) Mystery Machine

5) The Posse

6) Titty Twisters

7) Scorpion's Sting

8) 420 In Progress

9) Panty Pilferers

10) Buddyryeguy

11) Stick

12) Horsemen

13) Isotopes

14) Razor Spikes

Commish can see all requests in transactions, so here's how it should have went:

1) Hoff gets Grant, Drops M Lewis

2) Chip gets Toefield, drops none

3) Horsemen gets Sage Rosenfels, drops McCarreins (Scooby did not put in a 2nd 1st round claim after Grant, otherwise he would have gotten Rosenfels)

4) Hoff gets Adminwhatever, drops T Green

5) Horse gets Longwell, drops McCardell

6) Stick gets Mare, drops Gramatica

There was an email dialogue regarding this earlier in the season, and yes it appears the issue hasn't been corrected. Looking at waiver settings now.

Waiver setup looks good, not sure why custom order was in effect unless Ty deleted it before I got there.

I have corrected the claims, Ty, let me know if you have any questions on what I did.

This is the biggest bunch of bullshit I have seen here in forever.

You tell me why I don't tank a season next year get every single waiver pickup I want the entire year land the #1 pick and dominate the next season? This rule favors the bad teams TOO much and its crap. It punishes every single person who doesn't win the whole thing or get the worst record in the league.

No one voted on this or ANYTHING before DrJ comes in and lays the smack down and takes away a starting RB from me for something that was not my fault? I have not made a waiver claim in over a year and I make a move and this happens. Bullshit

~STICK

Nope. Go look at the report. Grant was first but denied:

From report:

Round 1

Add Grant, Ryan GBP RB and drop Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE (Player to add is no longer available.) CLAIM WAS DENIED BECAUSE STICK GOT HIM

Add Echemandu, Adimchinobe HOU RB and drop Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE. ADDED SECOND CHOICE IN ROUND 1

Round 2

Add Echemandu, Adimchinobe HOU RB and drop Green, Trent MIA QB (Player to add is already on roster.) I SHOULD HAVE ECH TOO - DENIED HERE BECAUSE HE WAS ADDED TO MY ROSTER IN ROUND 1

Yeah I bet you aren't for it. Bullshit.

~STICK

This is the biggest bunch of bullshit I have seen here in forever.

You tell me why I don't tank a season next year get every single waiver pickup I want the entire year land the #1 pick and dominate the next season? This rule favors the bad teams TOO much and its crap. It punishes every single person who doesn't win the whole thing or get the worst record in the league.

No one voted on this or ANYTHING before DrJ comes in and lays the smack down and takes away a starting RB from me for something that was not my fault? I have not made a waiver claim in over a year and I make a move and this happens. Bullshit

~STICK

I think your point is valid and I think this is something we put on the table after the season in rules discussions.

The rule has been this way forever. There's no 'vote' needed. It hasn't changed since this league was started.

Yeah I bet you aren't for it. Bullshit.

~STICK

I'm trying really hard to be nice to you, but you're making it very difficult with this nonsense.

Bottom line. I've been on both sides throughout my time in this league. I've played in the Super Bowl, and now I'm expriencing the low as I try to rebuild.

But this rule has always been this way. It has not changed. It does not need to be voted on.

Bring it up at year end and let's discuss it then. That's the proper time.

I still think its crap on all angles. I don't blame you, but I see no reason why such a bad rule has to be waited till the end of the year to be changed. Or why I am being punished because someone else messed up the website.

~STICK

As for this "Im trying real hard to be nice to you" crap whats that got to do with anything? Why wouldn't you be nice to me? Do you need a pat on the back for doing so? And I fail to see how you've done ANYTHING in this situation that did not benefit you and take a crap on me? :banana:

~STICK

As for this "Im trying real hard to be nice to you" crap whats that got to do with anything? Why wouldn't you be nice to me? Do you need a pat on the back for doing so? And I fail to see how you've done ANYTHING in this situation that did not benefit you and take a crap on me? :cheers:

~STICK

Well, you're pretty much personally attacking me for following the rules. Yeah, I'm out to crap on you. By following the rules and making a waiver claim, I have attempted to crap on you. Doesn't sound quite right to me.

I have a problem with that.

And rather than turn it into a ###### fest, I'm trying to point out that I'd rather keep it to a disussion of the rule and whether or not we should vote on a change after the season.

Not everyone's out to get you or crap on you Stick.

So let's all do our best to stick to the meat of the discussion here.

Which is this rule sucks and if it wasn't a packer you would probubly let me have it and make changes from here.

~STICK

Which is this rule sucks and if it wasn't a packer you would probubly let me have it and make changes from here.

~STICK

You have to be kidding. Is this really what you believe?

1. The rule is written, posted, and hasn't changed it ten years.

2. The rule was JUST discussed about a week ago.

3. After last week's issue, the Commish decided that it would remain worst to first, just like the rule states. THIS JUST HAPPENED A WEEK AGO.

4. I find it hard to believe you didn't know this rule when you made the claim this week.

5. You're now resorting to personal attacks and claims of people out to get you.

Yeah, I'm the issue here. So much for personal responsiblity for one's actions.

As an owner in this league, it's your job to know the rules. It's your job to abide by the rules. And when someone points out you're not following the rules, it's your job to enure that you comply with the rules. This has nothing to do with you or the the players involved.

Unless you're now saying the rules don't apply to you? Is that the point here? Perhaps we should just 'let it slide' because Stick doesn't like the rules?

Ahhh... all is well with the universe!

Good to know the league is alive.

~STICK

I've not looked at waiver order once. Waiver order hase never had and will never have any bearing whatsoever on my waiver requests.

Consulting the waiver order prior to making requests seems both inane and daft.

Enter your slate(s). Move on and wait.

I took Monday off, and forgot to enter mine this week, as I though yesterday was Tuesday. I'm an idiot. DrJ has heard this same sorr-ass and pathetic tale of woe from me at least a half dozen times through the years. I should just take Fridays off. Or get my ###### together and do my picks on Tuesdays.

The rule sucks end of story. Bunch of liberal bullshit punishing the successfull for there success in the name of giving the proven failures a better chance. What happened to reaping the benefits of your hard work. Why don't I ever get a top pick at a player because I am a bad ass owner? Take this rule and your obvious support for Hilary Clinton if you agree with it and stick it where the sun don't shine.

~STICK

The rule sucks end of story. Bunch of liberal bullshit punishing the successfull for there success in the name of giving the proven failures a better chance. What happened to reaping the benefits of your hard work. Why don't I ever get a top pick at a player because I am a bad ass owner? Take this rule and your obvious support for Hilary Clinton if you agree with it and stick it where the sun don't shine.

~STICK

Wow. You have derailed. Might want to check yourself into some therapy there.....

By the way, is Hillary in this league? Just trying to connect the dots.

I'm very sorry for not being on top of this. I've mentioned being stretched thin at work, but that really should have no bearing on your guys. I'm the commish and you need to be able to count on me.

To be quite honest, I really have no idea how this happened again. I am absolutely sure I fixed this a few weeks ago, and was surprised to find a custom waiver order in there AGAIN last night. I deleted it and appreciate Dr.J for rectifying the waivers for me today.

It could definitely be argued that the in-season waiver-wire rules tilt too much in favor of the lower teams. But that's a question for the off-season and not something we can change miway through.

I am disappointed this has descended into personal attacks, but I take full responsibility for this being a problem in the first place. Again, though, I have no idea why my previous "fix" didn't stay in place.

Please let me know if we experience more problems.

Yeah actually Ty we do. Buddy refuses to trade me Tony Romo and I think that is unfair.

~STICK

I would write a lengthy post about why I feel the rule is fair, but I don't think stick will even bother to bring it up again in the offseason so I'm not going to bother. :o

Ill either bring it up or tank my season and reap the benefits my friends.

~STICK

~STICK

There are rules to prohibit you from tanking, so that's really not an option. Not to mention how childish of a response it would be.

~STICK

I understand why you were initially upset. I'm all for a discussion of this rule in the off-season. But the waivers were processed according to the rules and that's the end of it.

Nobody tanks games in our league or we will be looking for a new owner. I realize you are just blowing smoke here and would never do that, but It's time to let it go.

All of you are being trolled, I am over it already, have a laugh why don't you. But seriously Buddy won't trade me Romo can someone talk to him please?

~STICK