Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Schedule for Updates - Projections

Since most drafts occur on the weekends the tentative plan is to have Projections and Depth Chart updates ready each Thursday during August and early September...

• 7/26 - Done
  • 8/5 - Done
  • 8/12 - Done
  • 8/19 - Done
  • 8/26 - Done
  • 9/2 - Done
  • 9/7 - Done

That was the schedule we used last year and it seemed to work out pretty good. Obviously if major news breaks on a Friday or during the weekend, the appropriate changes will be made.

Updating the Projections & Depth Chart data in the Compiler is simple...

1. Open up the Compiler

2. Go to the "Inputs" tab

3. Click the "Update Projections" button

:thumbsup:

Just curious, why no update on 8/19? One of my drafts starts 8/23, so the 8/19 update would be hugely important to me. :thumbsdown: :cry:

Ryan

Yeah Krueger, you trying to pull a fast one on us? Don't think you're getting any :huh: at that time... ;)

Since most drafts occur on the weekends the tentative plan is to have Projections and Depth Chart updates ready each Thursday during August and early September...
  • 7/26 - Done
  • 8/5
  • 8/12
  • 8/19
  • 8/26
  • 9/2
  • 9/9

That was the schedule we used last year and it seemed to work out pretty good. Obviously if major news breaks on a Friday or during the weekend, the appropriate changes will be made.

I have just installed the cheatsheet compiler and wanted to update the projections.

Then there is a messing coming:

Sheets("QB").Select

Range("B5").Select

Selection.QueryTable.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False

Range("AJ5").Select

Range("B5:AU130").Select

Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B5"), Order1:=xlAscending _

, Header:=xlNo, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:= _

False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom

Range("AV5:EP130").Select

Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("AV5"), Order1:=xlAscending _

selection.querytable.refresh..... gets highlighted.

I can not update the projection. Why?

Kind regrads

Uli from Duesseldorf, Germany

Hi Uli. Are you running the Compiler on a Mac and/or Excel 97? These users are having some issue with the update projections feature. I will soon have a way for you to get the updated projections and still copy over your league profiles and scoring inputs. In the meantime, drop me a note and I can set you up with the latest Compiler with current projections. compiler@fftoday.com

Mike,

I've been using your software for two years running....I've lost in the Superbowl each of the past two years, so I don't know if you deserve praise or harassment. If I keep up this pace, I could become the Buffalo Bills of my fantasy league. Let's hope this year's outcome is a little better!!! Oh well, keep up the great work, this product ROCKS.....

Now to my questions.......Are there any version updates at this point or just adjustments to player projections? Last year, we received e-mail notification when new version/updates became available. Will we get similar notifications again? If not, how do I go about downloading the new versions when they become available?

Mike,

Now to my questions.......Are there any version updates at this point or just adjustments to player projections? Last year, we received e-mail notification when new version/updates became available. Will we get similar notifications again? If not, how do I go about downloading the new versions when they become available?

Hi Melo,

There are no new version updates to this point, however we're getting close (fingers crossed). :ph34r:

Just like last year, we will email you directions on where and how to access the updates.

Thanks and here's hoping you don't follow in the Bills footsteps. :cheers:

What link do I need to update my projections?

Easy as 1, 2, 3...

1. Open up the Compiler

2. Go to the "Inputs" tab

3. Click the "Update Projections" button

:rolleyes:

I think it's great that you have an update schedule, but...

would I be asking for too much to know when you will be updating on 8/26 (the day of my draft). Is this a morning, noon or night thing? We'll draft right after work ( I'll actually leave early) and so I may not be able to connect ( we do our draft in person if you can imagine that! ) for updates once I leave the office ( 3:30 est ).

Just curious

I think it's great that you have an update schedule, but...

would I be asking for too much to know when you will be updating on 8/26 (the day of my draft). Is this a morning, noon or night thing? We'll draft right after work ( I'll actually leave early) and so I may not be able to connect ( we do our draft in person if you can imagine that! ) for updates once I leave the office ( 3:30 est ).

Just curious

Hi acklen,

No guarantees but I think you'll be OK. Most updates are completed in the early morning hours so unless something unforeseen occurs you should be able to update your projections in the Compiler before 3:30 EST.

Mike,

I am having the same problem another user recently posted with the compiler. I am running Windows XP with Excel 2002 macros enabled and still have this same problem when updating projections:

I have just installed the cheatsheet compiler and wanted to update the projections.

Then there is a messing coming:

Sheets("QB").Select

Range("B5").Select

Range("AJ5").Select

Range("B5:AU130").Select

Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B5"), Order1:=xlAscending _

Range("AV5:EP130").Select

Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("AV5"), Order1:=xlAscending _

selection.querytable.refresh..... gets highlighted.

I can not update the projection. Why?

Please help! Thanks. :wall:

markmack, did you send me an email on this? It seems like a few people all at about the same time experienced this, which makes me question that there is some routing or path to the server being blocked (temporary Internet backbone problem) at that time. Were you able to update previously, or was this the first attempt?

The projections were updated yesterday 8/19, so you can use the Update Projections button in the Compiler to grab those. There is no version 3.0, and probably won't be due to lack of time to add anything else this year. It will just be projection updates from here on out. I only change the version number when there is a significant software feature change to the Compiler and/or Buddy.

I have a mac and ran the "update projection" for version 2.0. OUt of curiousity everything seemed to work fine but becuase you mentioned issues on the mac i want to confirm that everything did work fine. I have Excel 2004 on mac os X 10.3.5. If i did not see any errors is it safe to assume that everything worked as it should?

Hi fflipper. Thanks for the info! Someone else did tell me they got the update projections feature working on a Mac, so it seems like a hit and miss thing. Our latest theory is that when it is not working for people (i.e. not connecting to the Internet) it is because they have a firewall restricting Excel from accessing the Internet. Note this is only a theory, but one some of you might want to check on if you have a software installed firewall like Internet Security.

what time of day are the updates usually made? I have a draft on 9/2 and I am wondering if I would be able to get the update beforehand.

We have been averaging early, early morning on Thursdays before most people in the western hemisphere start their day. So, you should be in good shape for your 9/2 draft.

Thanks for the 8/26 update; however, I'm trying to download the 2.0 version, I don't remember my password, and the paasword lookup doesn't recognize my e-mail address.

Please help, my draft starts Sunday, Aug 29th.

My e-mail addresses:

tennburke@hotmail.com

tennburke@yahoo.com

tennburke@advantexmail.net :angry:

Mike,

The Compiler and Draft Buddy look great and your customer support is awesome-- which is why I have not yet gone into a panic about some challenges I am running into. It's that Mac thing...

Mac user. Challenges updating my projections. Went to re-download Compiler 2.0, but although I think I remember my password, it is not accepting it.

Tell me if I'm wrong but if I download that file, being on a Mac I am not going to be able to open it anyway. Am I? Last time you had to send me a .zip file instead of the .exe.

If that is the case, can you please e-mail that file to this address: skeeeeeetz@sbcglobal.net

If I am wrong, please let me know if you can think of anything else I should try.

Thank you. My draft is tomorrow night and I am looking forward to using the program.

Scott Palermo

scott.palermo@gatewaycdi.com

Is there anyway to provide an update on 9/8 instead of 9/9 since this is the last day most drafts can occur before the season kicks off?

Much appreciated.

:rolleyes:

Mike,

The Compiler and Draft Buddy look great and your customer support is awesome-- which is why I have not yet gone into a panic about some challenges I am running into. It's that Mac thing...

Mac user. Challenges updating my projections. Went to re-download Compiler 2.0, but although I think I remember my password, it is not accepting it.

Tell me if I'm wrong but if I download that file, being on a Mac I am not going to be able to open it anyway. Am I? Last time you had to send me a .zip file instead of the .exe.

If that is the case, can you please e-mail that file to this address: skeeeeeetz@sbcglobal.net

If I am wrong, please let me know if you can think of anything else I should try.

Thank you. My draft is tomorrow night and I am looking forward to using the program.

Scott Palermo

scott.palermo@gatewaycdi.com

Hi Scott,

I believed we emailed your info to you... is this taken care of?

Thanks for the 8/26 update; however, I'm trying to download the 2.0 version, I don't remember my password, and the paasword lookup doesn't recognize my e-mail address.

Please help, my draft starts Sunday, Aug 29th.

My e-mail addresses:

tennburke@hotmail.com

tennburke@yahoo.com

tennburke@advantexmail.net :bench:

Email sent... let me know if you have any more problems.

Thanks,

Hi Mike,

My draft is on the evening of 9/1. Is it possible that I can get the updated projections a little earlier than the scheduled 9/2 - like by Noon on 9/1? BTW, I'm new to FF and your tool will help me greatly on draft day :cheers:

Thanks!

Is there anyway to provide an update on 9/8 instead of 9/9 since this is the last day most drafts can occur before the season kicks off?

Much appreciated.

:lol:

Yeah, no one will be drafting on the 9th. How bout moving that update to the 8th? PLLLLEEEAASSEEEE!!!!

I would just like to say that when preseason games are played mostly Thurday through Sunday, having to wait till the next Thursday to get an updated projection is way to long. Five days later is just not going to cut it in fantasy land. Basically anyone drafting on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday will be going to their draft with last weeks projections.

No thanks,

(will not order agoin until fixed) Todd :thumbsup:

Hi Todd. If a player gets injured seriously, then what I've done is pull them out of the projections. I've pulled Correll Buckhalter, Marc Boerigter and Mike Anderson earlier than our scheduled projection update to name a few. Plus Mike K. and Tony are making depth chart changes all the time which can be updated to the Compiler.

The reason we chose Thursday is because the vast majority of drafts are on the weekend, so we wanted to have all the current info reflected in the projections heading into the weekend.

Also it does take time to research the results of the pre-season games and news reports, reflect on the info and update the projections. The projections do not usually result in a change to a single player, but rather there is a ripple effect for the entire team, with the team projections changing and more or less of those team projections being allocated to a group of players on the team.

Between this and our other tasks running the website, and the final pre-season game on Monday night, it isn't a lot of time available until Thursday (actually late Wednesday night, as every projection update so far has occured between 1:00 am and 5:00 am Thu).

I'm sorry if that doesn't work for your draft schedule. Please understand we are doing our best here. We will certainly take your comments under consideration for the future.

I would just like to say that when preseason games are played mostly Thurday through Sunday, having to wait till the next Thursday to get an updated projection is way to long. Five days later is just not going to cut it in fantasy land. Basically anyone drafting on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday will be going to their draft with last weeks projections.

No thanks,

(will not order agoin until fixed) Todd :D

lol...

cross off guys who got hurt over the weekend, you should be able to do this pretty easily...

otherwise, i highly doubt drastic changes are being made after a preseason game...

in the case of someone being named a starter on monday, use some common sense...

jeebus, for 15 bones or less, i think you are getting a hell of a product...

and i'm sure i'm not in the minority when i say don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...

gb not having dumbasses asking questions next year...

I would just like to say that when preseason games are played mostly Thurday through Sunday, having to wait till the next Thursday to get an updated projection is way to long.  Five days later is just not going to cut it in fantasy land.  Basically anyone drafting on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday will be going to their draft with last weeks projections.

No thanks,

(will not order agoin until fixed) Todd  :thumbsup:

lol...

cross off guys who got hurt over the weekend, you should be able to do this pretty easily...

otherwise, i highly doubt drastic changes are being made after a preseason game...

in the case of someone being named a starter on monday, use some common sense...

jeebus, for 15 bones or less, i think you are getting a hell of a product...

and i'm sure i'm not in the minority when i say don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...

gb not having dumbasses asking questions next year...

Anyone can cross off a player that gets hurt during a preseason game. I did not get the compiler for an injury report. I would just like to know what the affect of a Buckhalter or an Anderson might have on Westbrook, Griffin, or Hearst. Most people moved Westbrook way up in their rankings when Buckhalter went down. I was pleased to see that my trusted fantasy website (this one) somewhat agreed with me by keeping him a second round pick. I think Andy Reid will find some way to keep that a RB by commitee. I just wish that I was able to find out what you guys thought about the RB situation in Denver earlier than 6 days after Anderson went down.

Anyway, it was just a comment

As far as " and i'm sure i'm not in the minority when i say don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...

gb not having dumbasses asking questions next year..."

I think you have proved who the dumbass is.

Newsflash - I have caved under the pressure... we will do an update on 9/8 instead of 9/9 for all of you drafting on that Wednesday.

Woohoo!!! Thanks man, our draft is that night so this will help out tremendously!

Hey Mike, I think we should change the board member names from "FF Geek" to "FF Dumbass" for a few days. See if anyone notices :rolleyes:

Hey Mike, I think we should change the board member names from "FF Geek" to "FF Dumbass" for a few days. See if anyone notices :thumbsup:

lol

actually just change the ff rookie setting to ff dumbass...

So when is the next update? Is it on 9/2 or 9/4?

I would really like it if it were late friday night after all the preseason games. But you guys are the experts right? :blink: