Sign in to follow this  
TylerRoseFan

MP3 Players

Ipod Nano Video 4gig = $150, 8Gig = $200

Zune = 3gig = $200

Other

Seriously, what do you recommend? I think there's probably an off brand that will have more power for a lower cost. Any recommendations???

Depends what they're going to use it for. If you want video, I'd suggest ponying up $250 and get the iPod Classic 80gig. I got one a month or two ago and am extremely happy with it. I have around 25 hours of video and 40-50 CDs worth of music and while I don't remember for sure how much space is left, I don't think it's even 1/3 full yet...definitely not half. Nano's smaller size is nice but I don't think the $50 savings makes up for losing 72 gigs of space. The 4 gig just isn't big enough for serious use.

The current Zune version is pretty new and I haven't read the reviews on that one...but the original Zune was pretty clunky and far inferior to iPod.

If you're going video, don't go offbrand...go with iPod or Zune. You get what you pay for with these products and you'll only open yourself up to file conversion nightmares and other problems if you don't go with the top dogs.

If you don't want video, get a $50-100 mp3 player. Sandisk and Insignia make quality players that can be had in this price range.

If you get a video player, BE SURE to get a pack of the adhesive screen covers or a case. Otherwise, the screen will be all scratched up in a matter of days. I use the adhesive and just replace it when it starts getting scratched...the screen stays good as new.

I guess I'm leaning towards the zune. Each boy wants one so that'll be a $400 investment.

I guess I'm leaning towards the zune. Each boy wants one so that'll be a $400 investment.

I bought a 30 gig zune for $80 do you think they need the newest and biggest?

I also have a 4gb MP3 player I bought on ebay for $50. It does the trick and works great.

30GB Zunes are $80-$100 just about everywhere. Only draw back is the color (brown), but nothing that a case won't cover up.

30GB Zunes are $80-$100 just about everywhere. Only draw back is the color (brown), but nothing that a case won't cover up.

Bought two brown ones today. One for each boy. Now to find a kick ass cover for it...

On 11/22/2007 at 1:11 PM, Cdub100 said:

I also have a 4gb MP3 player I bought on ebay for $50. It does the trick and works great.

I'm about to sell this same zune on ebay for $75 :headbanger:

• Like 1

Just now, Cdub100 said:

I'm about to sell this same zune on ebay for $75 :headbanger:

Why did it hold its value so much? Is it sought after?

I didn’t see this was posted 13 years ago. I almost replied don’t they have phones ?

Spotify ? 

LOL

4 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

I didn’t see this was posted 13 years ago. I almost replied don’t they have phones ?

Spotify ? 

LOL

😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Spotify ? 

LOL

:lol:

17 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Why did it hold its value so much? Is it sought after?

I don't know but checking ebay they are sought after. I have all the goodies that came with it too. Should catch top dollar.

2 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

Spotify ? 

LOL

Same here. I was like :huh:

I should grab some plywood off stores in Santa Monica that has been scrawled with BLM and hold onto it for 30 years.  Might be worth millions.