Sign in to follow this  
Ken8080

I'm remarrying!

Been while since I posted. I kind of got into a pit of depression cuz of my ex-wife. I'm fine now, but the ol' wife, heh heh, well she's got troubles. I've been seein' this little gal that works in the courthouse with me. Sweet as a peach but a little on the chunky side. Girl does like a full meal. Anyhoo I got 'er an engagement ring for Xmas. Been carrying that thing around in my pocket for a month. Last night we was down at the county park, sitting in the gazebo, talking and just enjoying the Xmas lights, and the mood hit me, so I proposed and she accepted. Now I gotta get her something else for Xmas.

Congrats!!!

I am guessing she said yes.

Been while since I posted. I kind of got into a pit of depression cuz of my ex-wife. I'm fine now, but the ol' wife, heh heh, well she's got troubles. I've been seein' this little gal that works in the courthouse with me. Sweet as a peach but a little on the chunky side. Girl does like a full meal. Anyhoo I got 'er an engagement ring for Xmas. Been carrying that thing around in my pocket for a month. Last night we was down at the county park, sitting in the gazebo, talking and just enjoying the Xmas lights, and the mood hit me, so I proposed and she accepted. Now I gotta get her something else for Xmas.

Get her a trough

Would'nt remarrying mean that you are getting back with the skanky ho you married the first time? :overhead:

Congrats!!!

I am guessing she said yes.

Heck yeah.

This town is a bachelor's paradise. Lots of divorcees and young ones who never went off to college. This girl is the latter. If they don't marry young, they sometimes don't marry at all.

I'm in my 30s, and she's in her early 20s. Best part is she ain't got no kids.

Not bad!

Why? When I get divorced, I'm never marrying again. It's a pain in the ass...what's that dear? Nothing, be right there!

Seriously, how long have you been divorced for?

Seriously, how long have you been divorced for?

Been over a year but we were separated for a long time before that. She tried to get back with me a couple of summers ago after she and the guy she left me for got into a car wreck and he got kind of messed up. But by then I was kinda over her and moving on. Once a relationship is broke like that there's no turning back. I don't hold no more anger toward her or him and because we have kids we try to be civil. After I politely told her no she decided to try to make it work with the other guy. The accident did something to his head though cuz he was never the same, being all mean to her and the kids. I thought I was going to have to shoot the guy but she got rid of him and put a restraining order on him and he just moved away.

Been over a year but we were separated for a long time before that. She tried to get back with me a couple of summers ago after she and the guy she left me for got into a car wreck and he got kind of messed up. But by then I was kinda over her and moving on. Once a relationship is broke like that there's no turning back. I don't hold no more anger toward her or him and because we have kids we try to be civil. After I politely told her no she decided to try to make it work with the other guy. The accident did something to his head though cuz he was never the same, being all mean to her and the kids. I thought I was going to have to shoot the guy but she got rid of him and put a restraining order on him and he just moved away.

have a pic of your ex?

Suxbnme

Anyhoo I got 'er an engagement ring for Xmas.

Big mistake. When you give an engagement ring like that the courts view it as a straight-up gift, rather than as a conditonal one.

Simply put, that means that if something goes wrong and you two break it off before getting married, she gets to keep the ring. If you had given it to her strictly as an engegement ring, rather than also as a Christmas present, then you would have had a chance to get the ring back, depending upon the specifics of the break-up.

they guy at the feed store has no competition now. :D

Why do I have a feeling that Ken8080's future bride spends a lot of time at that feed store?

Moooooooo. :doublethumbsup:

Good. They say you should never make important decisions after a significant life changing event like a death or divorce until at least 1 year later.

Ken8080 = One of the best Guess the Geeks ever.

We had no idea WTF he was, and I still don't.

Nah, you're thinking of "Harrison 88"...

everyone knows who this putz is.

Big mistake. When you give an engagement ring like that the courts view it as a straight-up gift, rather than as a conditonal one.

Simply put, that means that if something goes wrong and you two break it off before getting married, she gets to keep the ring. If you had given it to her strictly as an engegement ring, rather than also as a Christmas present, then you would have had a chance to get the ring back, depending upon the specifics of the break-up.

Actually, more and more courts are agreeing that ANYTIME an engagement ring is given, there is a condition associated with it - the intent to marry. If the intent is failed to complete by EITHER party, then the ring generally has to be given back, regardless of if it was given on a random day, or a holiday.

This is not how ken8080 posts. It's more like:

Moss has 50 on the back with Brady. Who starts? Johnson? pick two?

some had fun at my expense when I first started posting here so I went elsewhere. no big deal. Im a big boy with thick skin after what I've been through the past few years.

some had fun at my expense when I first started posting here so I went elsewhere. no big deal. Im a big boy with thick skin after what I've been through the past few years.

If you're skin is so think, why did you leave in the first place?

From your description, so does your fiance. :doublethumbsup:

What is it like to be dating Shamu?

Remarr.....oh for god's sake... I cannot even respond to this nonesense.... :doublethumbsup: :thumbsup:

If you're skin is so think, why did you leave in the first place?

i told ya

i toughened up

heartache and divorce will do that to you.

:dunno:

what's your excuse for being gone so long.

some big reason why you're gracing the place with your presence?

what's your excuse for being gone so long.

some big reason why you're gracing the place with your presence?

psssst...i think you posted this under the wrong alias :dunno:

I hadn't even realized how much I missed you, Ken8080. This was the asian chick drama, right?

All we need is nafxaj back and this place'll be good as new. :music_guitarred:

I hadn't even realized how much I missed you, Ken8080. This was the asian chick drama, right?

All we need is nafxaj back and this place'll be good as new. :music_guitarred:

and Scatterjack as well... :dunno:

All I've learned is that teachers are way focking overpaid.

:ninja:

If teachers worked 9 weeks a year, then, maybe, we'd be overpaid. :music_guitarred: