Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Is Ryan Grant in your top ten RBs for 2008?

Hmm interesting...close to this order probably...

LT

ADP

Westbrook

Addai

SJax

LJ

FWP

MB3 (assuming Jones is gone)

After that comes the group (in no order) of Graham, McGahee, Gore, Ro.Brown, Grant, Ja.Lewis, Portis I'd say. So I think he is at least in the discussion as borderline Top 10 RB. I agree he is a late 2nd early 3rd round pick next year but I think that has to do with more QB's and WR's taken early next year as the NFL has clearly shifted to a passing driven league.

Kid runs real hard. I like his game alot. Top 10 is really tough to determine at this point with so many marquee names heading into free agency or likely to be trades.

Michael Turner

Norwood

MB3

You have to let things shake out, but given the fact he's established himself as their best runner, and guys like Ahman Green flourished in that type of a system, i see plenty of upside. My only caveat is to rank him realistically, and not based up his highest upside. You lose all your value from him as a pick by doing that, and leave yourself only marginally happy or dissapointed with his production.

You mean top 10 overall? Or top 10 RBs?

Let's list some top rbs, and go from there....

LT2

AD

SJax

Westbrook

Grant should be top 10 RB, maybe not top 10 overall.

Addai

Graham (Garcia's 2nd yr, but does Pittman pose a threat?)

Jamal Lewis may be a top 10 back. Decent offense there. He may have a cpl yrs left.

Barber, if JJ leaves Dallas.

#10????? Bush, Taylor, Portis.

Forgot to incl LJ.

LT2

AD

SJax

Westbrook

Addai

Jamal Lewis may be a top 10 back. Decent offense there. He may have a cpl yrs left.

Forgot to incl LJ.

Personally i think this list is goofy at best. Barber/LJ/Portis/Addai all should be above Grant.

I don't know but I'm loving my Dynasty (PPR) RB stable of:

J Addai

R Bush

R Grant

K Jones

S Young

K Keith

P Thomas

:overhead:

Doubt i;d be in love with that.... Dynasty owners tend to think the goal of a dynasty team is to have the youngest sqaud possible with the most future upside... Problem with that is the team won't win THIS year. Which is the point of FF...

I'd say this is solid looking at this year and next year, but hardly dominant.

LT2

AD

SJax

Westbrook

Addai

Forgot to incl LJ.

I may have lost you when I said "top ten RBs for 2008" but I actually meant top ten RBs for 2008. :overhead:

Doubt i;d be in love with that.... Dynasty owners tend to think the goal of a dynasty team is to have the youngest sqaud possible with the most future upside... Problem with that is the team won't win THIS year. Which is the point of FF...

Those are stud RB's, they look alot better than my RB's in a dynasty league

T Henry

S Young

FWP

A Green

R Dayne

:rolleyes:

I think people are vastly over-rating LJ. I've personally put him on my undraftables list. He had too many carries last year and now his body is will never be as good as it was.

I think people are vastly over-rating LJ. I've personally put him on my undraftables list. He had too many carries last year and now his body is will never be as good as it was.

He was beginning to dominate before the injury... infact, he was tearing it up when he suffered the injury... People like you will make sure he is at a good value next year

What about Cadillac Williams? Seems a lot of people are putting Graham on lists like these...is the assumption that Cadillac will be a non-factor?

What about Cadillac Williams? Seems a lot of people are putting Graham on lists like these...is the assumption that Cadillac will be a non-factor?

can you say 3rd down back? Gruden's a fool if he lets Cadillac absorb the pounding he used to

Impossible to assess Grant's value without knowing Favre's status.

With Favre? Apparently a Top 10 caliber guy.

Without? How much faith do you have in Aaron Rodgers?

Williams looks to be the kind of guy that keeps the average NFL RB longevity right at 4-5 years.

my top 10 next year, we play PPR

1. LT

2. SJax???-Yes I just hope he drops to like 6th if im in that area

3. Westbrook

4. ADP-moves up if Chester is traded

5. Addai-He let me down big time but still put up solid numbers

6. Barber-If hes the only guy in Dal

7. RBrown-If Cameron remains and he shows hes healthy

8. Gore- guy is a stud who while injured consistently plays thru it.

9. Grant-If hes the only guy in GB

10. LJohnson-Im sure KC will upgrade to OLine

on the cusp- FWP(no td's), Mcgahee(solid, not spectacular), Turner(if in Hous,Den or Chi could be huge), Lynch (I like what buff is doing), Jamal (if he resigns with Cleveland appears to be a good fit)

RB's look extremely deep next season.

He looked pretty good in limited play....Grant might get even more carries if Farve was to hang it up.

Grant is restricted FA correct? I am in auction league and thought Romo at 6$ was for sure going to be keeper but Ryan Grant at 1$ under same circumstances may edge him out.

Grant was a rookie this year. I'm sure he's under contract for next season as such...

Not a rookie. This is Ryan Grant's third year in the NFL. He was on the NYG practice squad in 2005. He was on IR for the Giants in 2006.

What I can find on his contract right now says that he's a restricted free agent or that he's an exclusive-rights free agent.

Well, I'm in the SB this week so that remains to be seen. :cheers:

BTW, Addai (#3) + R Bush (#10 STILL after missing 2 full games) are 2 top ten RBs in PPR even this year. I honestly believe R Bush has a much better year next year when he's...you know...healthy. Plus, we can play a flex, so I can start 3 RBs. With R Grant and K Jones (hopefully without Martz) in reserve and the possibility of S Young becomg the guy in Denver, I'd say I'm looking pretty good for a long time at RB. If Addai gets hurt...hello K Keith. Also, I think P Thomas could be the guy to take over the Deuce role in NO next year. How can they keep Deuce with his salary when he keeps getting hurt???

i think im gonna put all of the names on paper and pick them out of a jar.....

obviously, if i have a te already and i pick one immediately after..ill skip it and pick again....but ill pick til i get the position i am seeking...

how can i do worse? i won a league with nick goings once for Gods sake...

nick going to arena football....

someone is going to win with the pooper...ryan grant..and 2 others who no one drafted....

i wasnt in a league this year....my friends had to settle for odd # of teams..sucks..i said i would consider drafting a team from the fa pool..no one thought that was amusing...

i think id be in the playoffs if i couldve done that....same way every year <_<

After watching him play in Dallas? Enough that he can execute the short passing game.

Rodgers will not be asked to do alot of what Favre has done.

The defense should continue to get better...as should the line.

I think with Rodgers Grant may get a few more carries...be used more in the passing game as well.

But too many wildcards here right now.

Oline - will they stick with the zone blocking. It looked bad early in the year, with Jags leaving to coach BC last year, I would not be shocked if they scrap it. I also would not be surprised if they go out and get a FA guard if they do scrap the ZB scheme.

FA RBs...do they bring someone else in? I doubt they go after a guy like Turner...but I just don't know if Thompson will go in with Grant, Morency, Wynn, Herron, and Jackson next year. They could bring in another to share with Grant.

QB...will Favre come back...how will Rodgers do...can Rodgers make it through a game or two without getting hurt....

How can they keep Deuce with his salary when he keeps getting hurt???

Because he's their best RB by a large margain. <_<

Because he's their best RB by a large margain. <_<

Not so good on IR, though, is he? Sure they may keep him and that'd be fine. P Thomas is 7th on my RB depth chart, so IF I get anything out of him it's a bonus.

Not a rookie. This is Ryan Grant's third year in the NFL. He was on the NYG practice squad in 2005. He was on IR for the Giants in 2006.

What I can find on his contract right now says that he's a restricted free agent or that he's an exclusive-rights free agent.

Good catch. This is his first year to ever play a down, but like you said, he was technically on a team in 2006. Cannot find any reference to him being on a team in 2005, though. Every source stated it is his second year in the league.

This dude has him 13th......

OVERALL :wub:

Personally i think this list is goofy at best. Barber/LJ/Portis/Addai all should be above Grant.

There was no order there, just a list of top 10 RBs.

Oline - will they stick with the zone blocking. It looked bad early in the year, with Jags leaving to coach BC last year, I would not be shocked if they scrap it. I also would not be surprised if they go out and get a FA guard if they do scrap the ZB scheme.

I've heard this from a few different posters now. Can you explain where you're getting this information? The Packers haven't even hinted at this as far as I know, unless I missed it.

Plus, the whole reason Grant's in Green Bay is because he fits the scheme so well. So, why would they change it?

I see no reason to think that he won't be top 10.

Of course if Favre is gone then yea maybe not.

You have to think that he will be at least an early second rounder. You simply cannot ignore what he has done. Two things scare me though:

1. He always seems to get many more carries late in games once the Pack have a hefty lead. The question is will they have that same margin of victory next year? If they do not, he might see his workload cut down.

2. He is a restricted rights FA after this season. Are the Pack going to try and re-sign him? The crop of FA RBs is weak, but Julius Jones and Jamal Lewis figure to garner some interest, and the Pack have been enamored with Michael Turner for a couple years now; he will also be available. The question here is will Grant be smart enough to take half the money the other guys would so he can remina the main guy, or will he seek a big payday?

I've heard this from a few different posters now. Can you explain where you're getting this information? The Packers haven't even hinted at this as far as I know, unless I missed it.

Plus, the whole reason Grant's in Green Bay is because he fits the scheme so well. So, why would they change it?

Its an opinion of how it was going early in the season. Losing Jags seemed to have a very negative effect on the blocking...they were piss poor to start the year.

Read up on Clifton and Tauscher and you will see they have not been thriving in the scheme as they are not built for it.

I think Grant can fit in many schemes...and its not as if they cannot run some zone/stretch plays if they go to a man blocking (nearly every team has a few zone blocking plays installed in their offense).

my top 10 next year, we play PPR

1. LT

2. SJax???-Yes I just hope he drops to like 6th if im in that area

3. Westbrook

4. ADP-moves up if Chester is traded

5. Addai-He let me down big time but still put up solid numbers

6. Barber-If hes the only guy in Dal

7. RBrown-If Cameron remains and he shows hes healthy

8. Gore- guy is a stud who while injured consistently plays thru it.

9. Grant-If hes the only guy in GB

10. LJohnson-Im sure KC will upgrade to OLine

on the cusp- FWP(no td's), Mcgahee(solid, not spectacular), Turner(if in Hous,Den or Chi could be huge), Lynch (I like what buff is doing), Jamal (if he resigns with Cleveland appears to be a good fit)

RB's look extremely deep next season.

In a PPR League, you have to have Reggie Bush up there really high. He gets as many receptions as a WR...

I haven't seen anything lately on his knee injury, but when it happened there was talk that it was bad enough to possibly be career-ending.

Even if it's not, there's no way he recovers from that bad of a knee injury to be a productive back next year. It'll take at least another season before he has any real relevance for FF again, and again that's if he's able to return.

Neither Grant or Graham are anywhere near the Top Ten taken next year, and they certainly will not finish Top Ten.

Ahead of both of them:

LT2

ADP

Westy

Addai

SJax

LJ

Ronnie

MB III

Marshawn

Willis

Portis

Gore

Jamal

Jacobs

FWP

MJD

McFadden

Bush

Turner

Edge

Maroney

KJ

Jonathan Stewart

23? OK, they're both Top 25 RBs. Good luck with that.

Are people really that down on Ronnie Brown? I only saw his name once above. Sure, add the "if he's healthy," but if so he was leading the league on a sucktastic team when he went down.

Are people really that down on Ronnie Brown? I only saw his name once above. Sure, add the "if he's healthy," but if so he was leading the league on a sucktastic team when he went down.

He's certainly going to be worth the 2nd rounder you pay for him. The beauty is you won't have to use a first round pick on him because people will be scared of the injury. That means you can get a first round back, or a guy like Brady, and then get a first round talent in Brown in the second round as well. Deuce came back fine from his ACL tear, Javon Walker also. The ACL is not as serious an injury as it once was. Given, it's still one of the worst, but with proper rehab he should be fine. It's almost a blessing it happened earlier in the season than later so that he has that much more time to recover.

Neither Grant or Graham are anywhere near the Top Ten taken next year, and they certainly will not finish Top Ten.

Ahead of both of them:

LT2

ADP

Westy

Addai

SJax

LJ

Ronnie

MB III

Marshawn

Willis

Portis

Gore

Jamal

Jacobs

FWP

MJD

McFadden

Bush

Turner

Edge

Maroney

KJ

Jonathan Stewart

23? OK, they're both Top 25 RBs. Good luck with that.

I think you are wrong..assuming Grant is the starter week 1 next year and stays healthy, of course.