Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Tony Romo

aikman hasnt done anything productive in years....

8....9.....whatever....yeah, i meant mr jessica simpson....

the cowboys will lose their first game by at least 10 points....

They won't lose their first game. Now, the NFC CHampionship game is a different story...

I agree that his injury is playing a role in it, but his decline started when TO was healthy.

You have to remember, people were acting like he was in the league's elite QBs, right behind Manning and Brady. Watching him against the Eagles and Redskins, he hardly looks like an NFL starter.

To me, he's seems like he may have a bit of ARod's psyche. He seems to have very big ears. There was some criticism after the horrendous Philly performance, and now he seems like he's emotionally shot. He has a defeated look in his eyes when he comes off the field.

:pointstosky:

But this says something about the character of the team and the coaching staff. If I were a Cowboy fan this would probably bother me the most.

The colts need to be worried too right? I mean they sat starters and lost to the titans.

These kinds of things can't be controlled. When you have one team who has to win to make the playoffs and another team that has the #1 seed locked up, theres gonna be a difference in intensity. Unless you're on a mission like the pats were. I bet if you look at the record of teams that had the #1 seed locked up before they played week 17 it would be near .500.

I would be worried of the cowboys had to play jags/pats/colts/packers for their first game, but since hawks/skins/giants/bucs are all terrible, i'm not worried at all.

i'll tell you this, the cowgirls better pray seattle takes care of bidness saturday because the last team they want to play their first playoff game against is the burgundy and gold. :music_guitarred:

as ive said before...its dec/jan......

time for #8 to fold up like a tent... :music_guitarred:

You are dumber than your family tree would indicate, aren't you?

"Every year at this time, Romo chokes". (Bmoney--different thread). What you have here, is somone with relatively low NFL knowledge. What he's attempting to do, is set himself up for later, so if the Cowboys lose, he will say "See, Romo choked" So, a Dallas loss = Romo choke. Plus, there are 11 other teams in the playoffs, so he is taking the "other 11"

That'd be like me saying "I bet the Seahawks give a big F-you to their fans by losing and not winning the SB", then, when (if) the Seahaws lose, me coming back on here and saying "See...told you they'd give a big F-You to their fans"

Or...me saying "I bet Peyton Manning proves he isn't a very good QB and chokes". Then, if they lose, saying "told ya so"

Bmoney is either about 14, or has an IQ of around 85. Seriously. Then he is referencing #8 on the Cowboys? WTF? He has no clue what is going on, yet continues to run his grit-hole.

aikman hasnt done anything productive in years....

8....9.....whatever....yeah, i meant mr jessica simpson....

now you're just being a jackasss. oh wait, you're always a jackasss, i forgot.

i'll tell you this, the cowgirls better pray seattle takes care of bidness saturday because the last team they want to play their first playoff game against is the burgundy and gold. :thumbsup:

i hope we get the skins again. if you think it will be the same as week 17 you be high! todd collins is due for a bad game. he's playin over his head right now. i suppose you think he's better than Romo though, don't you? :dunno:

i hope we get the skins again. if you think it will be the same as week 17 you be high! todd collins is due for a bad game. he's playin over his head right now. i suppose you think he's better than Romo though, don't you? :thumbsup:

so you're just hoping the skins are "due" for a bad game and the cowboys are "due" for a good game? as far as comparisons to romo and collins...maybe romo was the one playing above his head. he's looked like shiit for the past 3 weeks and if you don't have a TO @ 100% you'd be lying to act like you're not worried.

i'm a little worried cause the Cowboys have everything to lose, and the skins have everything to gain. i already said i was worried in a previous post.

obviously the Cowboys havent' played well the last few weeks. i think the time off does them good. they heal up and get ready to take care o business in the divisional game.

i'm a little worried cause the Cowboys have everything to lose, and the skins have everything to gain.

:ninja:

What a preemtive copout. Its the NFL playoffs and every team is playing for the same thing. The only team playing w/ a little something extra on the line is the Pats. And even still its the NFL playoffs and every ream is playing for the same thing.

As a Skins fan, I dont even wanna talk about Dallas b/c Im just hoping we can win in Seattle at this point. But I was at the game in Dallas week 11. The Skins outplayed the Cowboys for much of that game and had Greg Williams not insisted on sticking w/ the Cover 2 that TO exploited terribly the Skins would have won. And they still had a very good chance of winning until Campbell's late interception. After the pick I had this sense and I wanted to say to the Dallas fans around me that "we'll be back."

Regardless, this everything to gain-nothing to lose nonsense is complete crap. Yeah, the Cowboys are the #1 seed in the NFC but so what. That earned thim homefield and nothing more. Its the NFL playoffs and every team ultimately has the same motivation:

To get a Ring.

says the one who thinks j.kelly never did anything in dec./jan. - yea, i'll take that bet.

no doubt. washington was clearly the better team on sunday.

but much like preseason, beating backups is no cause for celebration.

pro bowl center? inactive.

pro bowl cornerback? inactive, replaced by a 7th round rookie.

pro bowl receiver and best offensive player? inactive, replaced by undrafted free agent.

pro bowl QB? pulled in the 3rd, immediately after breaking team's completions record.

#1 special teams player and nickel free safety? inactive.

starting NT? inactive.

starting DE? rested with limited snaps.

#2 WR and the only deep threat on the team? rested with limited snaps.

congratulations to the skins for gutting it up when it counted and making it into the tournment, but let's have a sense of perspective, here.

Washington was missing quite a few players also...

S- Sean Taylor

QB- Jason Campbell

OL- Jon Jansen

OL- Randy Thomas

LB- Rocky McIntosh

CB- Carlos Rogers

What is wrong with Tony Romo is that he is not your typical "leader" of a team. He is great when things are going well with his team, but he sucks when there is a breakdown around him and some of his teammates are not playing quite so well. Is Romo good....Yes. Can he will a team to victory....No.

Is Romo good....Yes. Can he will a team to victory....No.

you must be joking or hung over from new year's. at the very least you've not watched many cowboys games this year or even last year when romo took over.

:)

What a preemtive copout. Its the NFL playoffs and every team is playing for the same thing. The only team playing w/ a little something extra on the line is the Pats. And even still its the NFL playoffs and every ream is playing for the same thing.

As a Skins fan, I dont even wanna talk about Dallas b/c Im just hoping we can win in Seattle at this point. But I was at the game in Dallas week 11. The Skins outplayed the Cowboys for much of that game and had Greg Williams not insisted on sticking w/ the Cover 2 that TO exploited terribly the Skins would have won. And they still had a very good chance of winning until Campbell's late interception. After the pick I had this sense and I wanted to say to the Dallas fans around me that "we'll be back."

Regardless, this everything to gain-nothing to lose nonsense is complete crap. Yeah, the Cowboys are the #1 seed in the NFC but so what. That earned thim homefield and nothing more. Its the NFL playoffs and every team ultimately has the same motivation:

To get a Ring.

uh, ok. the skins barely squeeked into the playoffs, and Dallas has homefield throughout. all i'm sayin is if the skins go 1 and done they wont really get any shitt for it. if the Cowboys go 1 and done it'll be called a huge failure of a season.

maybe my wording was no clear, but do you understand what i'm trying to say?

S- Sean Taylor

QB- Jason Campbell

OL- Jon Jansen

OL- Randy Thomas

LB- Rocky McIntosh

CB- Carlos Rogers

What is wrong with Tony Romo is that he is not your typical "leader" of a team. He is great when things are going well with his team, but he sucks when there is a breakdown around him and some of his teammates are not playing quite so well. Is Romo good....Yes. Can he will a team to victory....No.

He gets that look on his face like Eli Manning gets. You think he's going to cry. That's why he desperately needs a healthy Owens back. I don't think he is good enough to win with an average receiving corp.

you must be joking or hung over from new year's. at the very least you've not watched many cowboys games this year or even last year when romo took over.

Please enlighten me as to which games you are talking about.

here comes all the skins fans out of the woodwork! :overhead: you guys are in the playoffs, hooray! good luck with collins @ QB against Seattles 12th man. :)

here comes all the skins fans out of the woodwork! :lol: you guys are in the playoffs, hooray! good luck with collins @ QB against Seattles 12th man. :)

We don't need luck...We just need Seattle to show up ! :overhead:

Please enlighten me as to which games you are talking about.

Seattle, Jan. 2007

He gets that look on his face like Eli Manning gets. You think he's going to cry. That's why he desperately needs a healthy Owens back. I don't think he is good enough to win with an average receiving corp.

you Romo haters talk about him like he is some seasoned vet. the guy is having some ups and downs in HIS FIRST FULL SEASON AS A STARTING NFL QB.

Romo can win w/o TO. TO has been effectively taken out some games this season. who had big games? Crayton or Witten. i know what you nay sayers' response will be, TO just being in the game opens the other guys up. and that is true, to a point. but you guys are going off of a very small sample to say Romo can't win w/o TO.

and how many big passes has TO dropped? The Cowboys will be fine w/o TO, if thats the case. Glenn doesn't drop balls.

you Romo haters talk about him like he is some seasoned vet. the guy is having some ups and downs in HIS FIRST FULL SEASON AS A STARTING NFL QB.

this is true but you can't expect to not have some blacklash when every chance the media got, they anointed him the new brett fravvvruhhh.

Romo can win w/o TO. TO has been effectively taken out some games this season. who had big games? Crayton or Witten. i know what you nay sayers' response will be, TO just being in the game opens the other guys up. and that is true, to a point.

yes, this is the case and you shouldn't understate this.

but you guys are going off of a very small sample to say Romo can't win w/o TO.

and how many big passes has TO dropped? The Cowboys will be fine w/o TO, if thats the case. Glenn doesn't drop balls.

glenn? are you serious? don't you realize you're talking about an old man just coming off surgery? glenn has always been about speed and there's no telling how much he's got left.

uh, ok. the skins barely squeeked into the playoffs, and Dallas has homefield throughout. all i'm sayin is if the skins go 1 and done they wont really get any shitt for it. if the Cowboys go 1 and done it'll be called a huge failure of a season.

maybe my wording was no clear, but do you understand what i'm trying to say?

I understood what you were trying to say the first time even if your "wording was no clear."

What Im saying is that its a copout. It doesnt matter how you get in the playoffs. (And winning 4 in a row isnt exactly squeekin in). Once you're in everyone is playing for the same thing and its one and done for everybody. So this everything to gain everything to lose angle is a bunch of BS.

here comes all the skins fans out of the woodwork! :lol: you guys are in the playoffs, hooray! good luck with collins @ QB against Seattles 12th man. :headbanger:

Who's coming out of the woodwork? I've been here all year just like some of the other Skins fans. I'll take my chances w/ Collins just fine.

This thread was about Romo. I just responded to your BS comments.

As far as Romo, I dont dislike him at all. I had him on 2 of my FF teams this year and he seems like an ok guy. I think its too early to say that he is a choker like some are suggesting. I will say that after the way he tailed off at the end of last year there is some legit concern that it could develop into a trend if it happens again this year.

But I dont care about Romo right now, I just want the Skins to win this Saturday which would give them 3 more playoff wins than your Cowboys have had in the last 10 years. So save your "hoorays" for your own team, buddy.

I must have missed those games too.

Romo can win w/o TO. TO has been effectively taken out some games this season. who had big games? Crayton or Witten. i know what you nay sayers' response will be, TO just being in the game opens the other guys up. and that is true, to a point. but you guys are going off of a very small sample to say Romo can't win w/o TO.

Romo has started 27 games and he just completed his fifth year in the NFL this excuse does not make it anymore.

he beat carolina, the same carolina that beat the seahawks.

Romo needs to stop doing all the commercials and stop hob-knobbing around all the celebrities. Like 49ers_suck mentioned, the guy hasn't even played a full season as a starter yet and he wants to think he's one of the league's superstars.

He needs to realize that ESPN is trying to make a star out of him, because of his look and the fact that he is the dallas Cowboy quarterback. I think he started believing the hype. You need to work hard to get to the Manning or Brady level.

Also, not letting Scott VanPelt into his party was dickish.

Romo needs to stop doing all the commercials and stop hob-knobbing around all the celebrities. Like 49ers_suck mentioned, the guy hasn't even played a full season as a starter yet and he wants to think he's one of the league's superstars.

He needs to realize that ESPN is trying to make a star out of him, because of his look and the fact that he is the dallas Cowboy quarterback. I think he started believing the hype. You need to work hard to get to the Manning or Brady level.

Also, not letting Scott VanPelt into his party was dickish.

:pointstosky: yeah, van pelt looked pretty beat up.

maybe Romo is feeling some of the pressure. this celebrity status, warranted or not came on pretty quickly. but from what i've seen of Romo, is that he's a humble, down to earth guy. ultimately, i dont think all the celeb crap is gonna affect him much.

some of you folks are just flat out ridiculous. let's see:

tony romo is a single man, in his 20's, has never been linked to any drugs, shootings, dog fighting rings, or murders - and you want to bash him almost as much as you did mike irvin. so the guy likes to jet to hollywood for some fun, so he likes the ladies - big whoop. at least wait till he pulls a daunte cullpepper or mark chmura, good grief.

tony romo is a single man, in his 20's, has never been linked to any drugs, shootings, dog fighting rings, or murders - and you want to bash him almost as much as you did mike irvin. so the guy likes to jet to hollywood for some fun, so he likes the ladies - big whoop. at least wait till he pulls a daunte cullpepper or mark chmura, good grief.

No, what most people are saying is that he has looked like crap the last 4 weeks. Nothing more, nothing less. I really don't care why.

:thumbsup:

the Cowboys are still the team everybody loves to hate. although the pats have taken a lot of that distinction this year.

i still can't help getting riled up when people rip on the Cowboys, especially ignorant statements. now i'm not sayin you guys are all makin ignorant statements. that was a generalization about a lot of peoples' approach to the Cowboys.

this weekend is gonna be sweet! sposed to get a bunch of snow. perfect time to build a fire, snuggle up on the couch with munchies and beer, and watch some playoff football!

No one knew Culpepper or Chmura were scumbags this early in their careers, either. Have patience.

No, what most people are saying is that he has looked like crap the last 4 weeks. Nothing more, nothing less. I really don't care why.

that's BS. there's more to it than that. all the haters are just chompin at the bit to say negative shittt about Romo and the Cowboys. the pats fans this year know what i'm talkin about.

that's BS. there's more to it than that. all the haters are just chompin at the bit to say negative shittt about Romo and the Cowboys. the pats fans this year know what i'm talkin about.

people either love the cowboys or hate them...this is nothing new. this year the cowboys have had a great regular season but they are not playing their best football right now. that's a fact. don't be so sensitive.

No one knew Culpepper or Chmura were scumbags this early in their careers, either. Have patience.

actually, shouldn't it be the bashers to have patience?

:thumbsup:

the Cowboys are still the team everybody loves to hate. although the pats have taken a lot of that distinction this year.

i still can't help getting riled up when people rip on the Cowboys, especially ignorant statements. now i'm not sayin you guys are all makin ignorant statements. that was a generalization about a lot of peoples' approach to the Cowboys.

this weekend is gonna be sweet! sposed to get a bunch of snow. perfect time to build a fire, snuggle up on the couch with munchies and beer, and watch some playoff football!

You mean you're not even from Dallas? You know what that means.

You are one paranoid person. What do you care anyway you act like you own the team.

there's a bit of quality difference between those 2 groups, however. :thumbsup:

what it comes down to is that washington was fighting for their lives, while dallas had nothing tangible to play for. to ignore this is absurd. did you watch the indy/tenn game? or maybe that NE/NY game, when the pats had to play their starters the entire game in order to come from behind against a NFC wild card? the fact is that this was a playoff game for washington, and a preseason game for dallas. the difference in motivation was palpable on the field.

this is the most nonsensical statement in the thread. when things are going well with the team, it is romo that is creating it. he thrives in breakdown situations, as evidenced by a certain shotgun snap that has been played on ESPN once or twice. did you watch the film session when the cowboys scramble drill was broken down and analyzed? TD after TD came on broken plays, missed blocking assignments, near-sacks, etc. go back and read what urlacher said about how creative and effective romo is when things are falling down around his ears.

when owens hasn't played well this year, romo had thrived with witten. when witten was locked down, the ball has gone to crayton, or hurd, or MBIII (remember the minnesota game?). and he has done all this without the services of his #2 receiver, when every analyst in the leage said that the loss of glenn would be a huge blow to the offense. how did romo respond? team records in yardage, TDs, and completions.

and to suggest that romo can't will the team to victory is downright crazy. did you watch game 1? or the first washington game? or how about the buffalo game, when he shook off a horrible performance to lead the offense down the field for an impossible comeback? or maybe the detroit game, after the witten fumble seemed to seal the loss? romo walked off the field, went to witten, and said "don't worry, you'll get another chance". and then took them back down the field with a minute left and no timeouts for the win.

is he paying brilliantly right now? of course not. but your preposterous statement fails in the light of critical examination. quit trying to make an evaluation based on espn game recaps and go do some real homework.

Wait til some of 'lucky' bounces on his fumbles start bouncing into a defender's hands instead of his. He'll start to resemble Rexy more and more.

Agreed here. He's had some VERY lucky throws. Teams have figured out some things on him and are now game planning to make him do things he isn't as comfortable with, much like teams have figured out if you make BigBen roll out to his left he rarely throws downfield, but if he rolls to his right, he'll chunk it ever chance he gets. Romo puts up exceptional #'s against crappy pass defense, but you trot a good D out there against him, particularly one that has it's ears pinned back for the playoffs, and he suddenly looks quite ordinary. I honestly expect a hard Cowboy downfall in the playoffs.

there's a bit of quality difference between those 2 groups, however. :thumbsup:

what it comes down to is that washington was fighting for their lives, while dallas had nothing tangible to play for. to ignore this is absurd. did you watch the indy/tenn game? or maybe that NE/NY game, when the pats had to play their starters the entire game in order to come from behind against a NFC wild card? the fact is that this was a playoff game for washington, and a preseason game for dallas. the difference in motivation was palpable on the field.

this is the most nonsensical statement in the thread. when things are going well with the team, it is romo that is creating it. he thrives in breakdown situations, as evidenced by a certain shotgun snap that has been played on ESPN once or twice. did you watch the film session when the cowboys scramble drill was broken down and analyzed? TD after TD came on broken plays, missed blocking assignments, near-sacks, etc. go back and read what urlacher said about how creative and effective romo is when things are falling down around his ears.

when owens hasn't played well this year, romo had thrived with witten. when witten was locked down, the ball has gone to crayton, or hurd, or MBIII (remember the minnesota game?). and he has done all this without the services of his #2 receiver, when every analyst in the leage said that the loss of glenn would be a huge blow to the offense. how did romo respond? team records in yardage, TDs, and completions.

and to suggest that romo can't will the team to victory is downright crazy. did you watch game 1? or the first washington game? or how about the buffalo game, when he shook off a horrible performance to lead the offense down the field for an impossible comeback? or maybe the detroit game, after the witten fumble seemed to seal the loss? romo walked off the field, went to witten, and said "don't worry, you'll get another chance". and then took them back down the field with a minute left and no timeouts for the win.

is he paying brilliantly right now? of course not. but your preposterous statement fails in the light of critical examination. quit trying to make an evaluation based on espn game recaps and go do some real homework.

The real homework is that teams are now taking away TO and letting Romo try and beat them with everybody else. Witten works the middle of the field and is a tremendous asset, but if you're relying on your QB to TE to win the games for you, against Detroit that works, but against good teams it's riskier. If I'm a D-coord, I'll give up 12 passes for 100 yrds to Witten and focus on keeping Romo in the pocket and doubling down on TO. I honestly think if the Cowboys get Glenn back they are a MUCH better team than without him because he is a home run hitter who frees up TO to work the slants and out patterns, where he excels. Crayton is a good #3 WR but I don't think he's a solid #2. Teams like Washington and Green Bay, who have good secondaries are gonna give fits Romo.

people either love the cowboys or hate them...this is nothing new. this year the cowboys have had a great regular season but they are not playing their best football right now. that's a fact. don't be so sensitive.

hey i'm just defending the Cowboys the same any of you defend your team. so dont give me that dont be so sensetive crap. you guys do the same thing.

[/b]

You mean you're not even from Dallas? You know what that means.

You are one paranoid person. What do you care anyway you act like you own the team.

actually, i'm not from Dallas. i dont have the luxury of living in a city with a team. i've been a Cowboys fan since i was old enough to watch football.

so now i spose you're gonna say that i'm not a true fan since i dont live in Dallas, right?