Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

SEATTLE 34 Green Bay 3

Agreed that neither team is "on fire", but I'll say that GB needed to right the ship against the Lions after the Bear game, and they did...

But you're fooling yourself if you think the pressure is on Green Bay...after losing like they did the last time they were at Lambeau, after their up-and-down season with no SA production, with GB having a week off, Seattle is under the gun to do something or face an embarrassing off-season with a one-and-done playoff appearance.

You can say that you think they'll win, but don't try and fool yourself into thinking the pressure is on GB. This is a home game against a team they should handle. Seattle's going to have to take the game, and it's up to them to do so...best of luck...

This doesn't make sense to me.

Why is the pressure not on Green Bay? They are expected to win; just look at the point spread. Seattle one and done? Just just won and advanced. They are at least 2 and done. The pressure is squarely on Green Bay, because if they lose this game, the season is a failure. If Seattle loses, well, most people expected them to lose this game.

Any Packer fan who thinks this game is a lock is just crazy. Seattle's front seven is going to cause alot of problems for Green Bay. Favre's going to need to get rid of the ball quick to be effective, unlike Collins. Against this Defense, I could definately see Favre tossing a couple INT's. This is a good defense and surely Green Bay has to gameplan around those the DL and LB's.

On the other side of the ball....Seattle may not have 1 superstar receiver but they do have 4 good ones, and those 3 and 4 guys could cause probelms for Bush/Williams/Walker. Green Bay should be able to make the Seattle Offense 1 dimensional, but their passing attack is good enough to succeed without a dominant running game.

This one could be a shootout....but I think the big thing for Green Bay is to stick with the gameplan that got them here and not try and get all crazy with the deep balls like they did against Dallas. Favre won't have time to sit back in the pocket and wait for the deep routes to develope. McCarthy can't abandon the running game, as it was mentioned earlier in the thread. Stick with the running game and keep with the short passing game and let the receivers break it open.

Green Bay SHOULD win this game. But it's the playoffs and anything can happen. Seattle got this far for a reason and I think these teams will put on quite a show on Saturday.

Green Bay 27

Seattle 24

This doesn't make sense to me.

Why is the pressure not on Green Bay? They are expected to win; just look at the point spread. Seattle one and done? Just just won and advanced. They are at least 2 and done. The pressure is squarely on Green Bay, because if they lose this game, the season is a failure. If Seattle loses, well, most people expected them to lose this game.

Hi phillybear. I'd have to say I disagree completely here. Whether or not Green Bay is favored or not in this game is irrelevant. This team is still not totally buying their 'success' this season. You can read the comments from Favre every week, and it's clear they think they have a lot of work to do. They don't view themselves as an elite team in the league.

They view themselves as a very young team with a lot of growing up to do.

So, you can throw 'expections' away here. They didn't expect to be 13-3. They don't expect to blow out Seattle. And they don't expect to be labled a great team.

However, they DO expect to play smart, fundamentally sound football. Every week. And McCarthy has proven to be very good with the game plan.

Like I said they have a 50/50 chance of winning in GB. I like their chances.

Even if you ignore the fact that winning 50% of your road games doesn't give you a 50% chance to beat a team that won 88% of their home games (and obviously you are ignoring that fact...) You are wrongly basing your 50% based on the last three years of road records, including the 2005 Super Bowl team, which was better than this team and went 5-3 on the road. This year's Seahawks went 3-5 on the road, so even if you ignore the fact that Green Bay is an above-average team, you still shouldn't be claiming better than a 38% chance to win. :thumbsup:

Hi phillybear. I'd have to say I disagree completely here. Whether or not Green Bay is favored or not in this game is irrelevant. This team is still not totally buying their 'success' this season. You can read the comments from Favre every week, and it's clear they think they have a lot of work to do. They don't view themselves as an elite team in the league.

So, you can throw 'expections' away here. They didn't expect to be 13-3. They don't expect to blow out Seattle. And they don't expect to be labled a great team.

However, they DO expect to play smart, fundamentally sound football. Every week. And McCarthy has proven to be very good with the game plan.

Except when they play the Bears. :thumbsup:

Except when they play the Bears. :lol:

:wave:

Congrats on this being the only stone Bears fans can throw in 2007. Great year.

I can't say that I understand your logic. You say that there is no pressure on GreenBay, but rather they overachieved? Maybe.

Nevertheless, they are a significant home favorite, coming off a 1st round bye, playing at home, and the media expects them to win easily. I don't understand why there is no pressure on them, or at the very least, more pressure on them than Seattle. The stupid media have been talking about Dallas vs Green Bay, the sequel ever since the first meeting ended. Then again, I guess I am giving too much credibility to the media, and their ability to influence public opinion.

Except when they play the Bears. :wave:

Jerk.

:wacko: :lol:

As long as it isn't 20 below with 40 mph winds, I'll take my chances.

Even if you ignore the fact that winning 50% of your road games doesn't give you a 50% chance to beat a team that won 88% of their home games (and obviously you are ignoring that fact...) You are wrongly basing your 50% based on the last three years of road records, including the 2005 Super Bowl team, which was better than this team and went 5-3 on the road. This year's Seahawks went 3-5 on the road, so even if you ignore the fact that Green Bay is an above-average team, you still shouldn't be claiming better than a 38% chance to win. :lol:

50%, 38%, forget all that. How about the Hawks have a 100% chance of winning. I think they will win so I'll give them a 100% chance and the Packer fans will give their team a 100% chance of winning and what does it all mean? Nothing! The game will be decided Saturday and if the Hawks win all us Seahawks fans will say see I told you so, and if the Packers win all the Packer fans will say see I told you so. :wacko:

As for you claim that the 2005 team was better? Well, the offense was clearly better but this year's defense is head and shoulders better than the 2005 team. :wave:

And this is all that really needs to be said.

You can project all you want onto the Green Bay team based upon a few obnoxious overzealous homer fans on an internet forum, but the bottom line is the organization doesn't think like this. They've been professional and humble all year in this way.

For Phillybear to say that a loss in this game makes the season "a failure" is ridiculous. They are a 4-12 and then an 8-8 team who went 13-3. They are the youngest team in the league getting better all the time.

The game would be a disappointment, because they are a better team than Seattle... but the season would be far from a failure...

And this is all that really needs to be said.

You can project all you want onto the Green Bay team based upon a few obnoxious overzealous homer fans on an internet forum, but the bottom line is the organization doesn't think like this. They've been professional and humble all year in this way.

For Phillybear to say that a loss in this game makes the season "a failure" is ridiculous. They are a 4-12 and then an 8-8 team who went 13-3. They are the youngest team in the league getting better all the time.

The game would be a disappointment, because they are a better team than Seattle... but the season would be far from a failure...

If the Seahawks lose this game, then the Seahawks season is a failure. I am from the mindset that if your team does not win the Super Bowl, then the season is a failure, no matter the circumstances.

Farve isn't getting any younger. I suspect that Green Bay needs to play with urgency, because their window is likely to close for a while after Farve retires, at least until they get settled at the QB spot. So maybe they will have next year to do something, and then take a step back. Same with Seattle, their window is likely going to close in the next 2 years or so.

Whoever loses this game, I will consider their season a failure.

Farve isn't getting any younger. I suspect that Green Bay needs to play with urgency,

Favre played with urgency at the beginning of the Dallas game; going against everything that made him and the Packers put up monster stats this season and run their record to 13-3….. and he helped dig the Packers a deep hole….

I expect the Packers to be relaxed and rested. Every interview I’ve seen with them says they are prepared to play their game and to do what they do best.

We'll soon see...

I disagree that season will be "failures" especially such a young team...

A failure to me is being a 14-point favorite over the Broncos and losing in the Super Bowl.... but to each his own..

:thumbsup:

50%, 38%, forget all that. How about the Hawks have a 100% chance of winning. I think they will win so I'll give them a 100% chance and the Packer fans will give their team a 100% chance of winning and what does it all mean? Nothing! The game will be decided Saturday and if the Hawks win all us Seahawks fans will say see I told you so, and if the Packers win all the Packer fans will say see I told you so. :wacko:

As for you claim that the 2005 team was better? Well, the offense was clearly better but this year's defense is head and shoulders better than the 2005 team. :music_guitarred:

Now that sounds a lot more like the FlaHawker we know! Of course, you are dead wrong, but at least you are using pure homerism now instead of some lame-brained mathematics!

I'm not a Seahawks fan or a Packers fan, I'd like to see the Seahawks win, but they won't, and after they lose, I won't even tell you I told you so.

2005 Seahawks = 452 points scored and 271 points allowed, 5-3 on the road. 2007 Seahawks = 393 points scored and 291 points allowed, 3-5 on the road. Not even close to as good of a team.

:doublethumbsup:

That and Hester. I'll take what I can get in '07.

You are very ignorant if you think that's the only thing the Bears have to hang their hat on my green and gold firend...

How quickly we forget about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f50XrzO316g

:doublethumbsup:

GB looks like the 2001 Bears.

13-3, swept by the division rival, Great QB play, one and done. :(

:ninja:

Drop a little Sweet n' low on those grapes there Bear fans...how do you like the Bear matchup this weekend? Ooooohhhhh that's right...losers stopped playing two weeks ago :unsure:

I know your team's a wreak, no QB, no RB, no WR, fading D...but you can always build around the kick returner, and watch the Packers in the playoffs again while the under-achieving Bears settle for "next year" and Kyle "freakin'" Orton being the blind squirrel finding a nut in Week 16.

Keep aiming high losers, we expect nothing else :banana:

I feel bad for the older Bears Fans...like 75-85 you know the old timers...

Bears had their success....a success that comes around every 20 years....well maybe a season like 2001 sprinkled in the middle.

But the elders might not see a good season again. :ninja:

Drop a little Sweet n' low on those grapes there Bear fans...how do you like the Bear matchup this weekend? Ooooohhhhh that's right...losers stopped playing two weeks ago :unsure:

I know your team's a wreak, no QB, no RB, no WR, fading D...but you can always build around the kick returner, and watch the Packers in the playoffs again while the under-achieving Bears settle for "next year" and Kyle "freakin'" Orton being the blind squirrel finding a nut in Week 16.

Keep aiming high losers, we expect nothing else :banana:

Sit down and shut up idiot. I dont banter with bandwagon kids that just show up when their team has won a few games. Don, Hoff and some of the real pack fans and I go way back. If I have anything for you to comment on, I'll let you know. :ninja:

The key will be us giving the ball to Mo Morris a lot more. We don't need to steamroll the Packers or anything, but if we throw it 45 times against this defense we will lose. Alexander is washed up and doesn't scare anybody...giving it to him 20 times for 1-2 yards per carry is going to murder us. We need to establish SOME threat of a running game to open the passing up more, and Matt needs to stop making stupid throws into double coverage. If nothing else Mo and Alexander should be splitting the carries about 50/50 with Weaver getting 5 carries or so, mainly in short yardage.

The defense needs to be relentless too. If we can get the type of pass rush we had on Saturday hopefully Favre will get careless and toss a few picks that we can turn into points. Kelly Jennings and Trufant need to do as good of a job as they did this week.

All in all this is a very winable game for us..as long as the defense plays as good as they did against Washington, Holmgren gives more carries to Morris and doesn't throw it almost every single play, and Hasselbeck pulls his bald head out of his ass (growing the moustache back wouldn't hurt).

If it's as close as it was 4 years ago I know we'll pull it out.

And as far as "we want the ball and we're gonna score"....we'll probably hear it about as many times as we heard about Sean Taylor this week :mad: (seriously, 5 times in a 30 second stretch after the Skins recovered that kick)

id like to see lovie show up on the seahawks sideline.... :mad:

as for the game....

what scares me most...

the packers wrs running after the catch...they are some of the best at that....

plus favre can get the pass away as quick as anyone..so a blitz may take a player or 2 out of the play when the pass DOES happen..then you end up BEGGING that someone makes the tackle..because if not...its a long gain or td...

obviously, i dont expect SA to be any big factor here..no 100 yard games expected...all i want is an 8 yard and 6 yard burst here and there like last game...was just saying tongue in cheek that he has ALWAYS produced vs gb...last years gb team in the snow wasnt much different than this group...

put MoMo in the right spots and heavens forbid, use leonard weaver!!..the guy wants to bowl over people...he really got seattle going last game and shouldve been used a lil more...

gb should go with directional punting..but they wont..so burleson is againa big key...if he can keep bringing it back to the 50, thatll be HUGE

i dont see a shootout...i see it around 20-17....josh brown with the game winner...bring on the giants...

if i were gb, i wouldnt leave favre as exposed as he was vs dallas...he is 1 kearney hit from having to go to rodgers/nall...

man this game is interesting. the SEA defense looked like the best unit in the league tonite.

the running game may be the deciding factor in the GB v. SEA matchup. SEA isnt the same rush first offense they were a couple years ago, but i thought SA looked pretty good with the carries he got. GB has run the ball with success towards the end of the regular season. i'm thinkin whoever runs the ball more effectively will then be able to open up the passing game. simple football strategy.

you're the coolest Cowboy fan on this forum

Since we are taking all of these subjective facts into consideration, I am shocked no one has mentioned playoff experience in both the players and coaching staff. The Packers only have 3 players with playoff experience and I doubt anyone can argue that playoff experience is exactly what gutted out a come from behind win for the Seahawks on Saturday.

If it's as close as it was 4 years ago I know we'll pull it out.

And as far as "we want the ball and we're gonna score"....we'll probably hear it about as many times as we heard about Sean Taylor this week :mad: (seriously, 5 times in a 30 second stretch after the Skins recovered that kick)

did you hear? sean taylor is dead....probably pulled a gun on someone at the Pearly Gates... :mad:

everytime i hear we want the ball...just remember...the following week, it was 4th and 26..

Sit down and shut up idiot. I dont banter with bandwagon kids that just show up when their team has won a few games. Don, Hoff and some of the real pack fans and I go way back. If I have anything for you to comment on, I'll let you know. :thumbsup:

hehehe...as someone who's school bus went by Lambeau twice-a-day before we moved to Mill Town Rd., who's first memory is the '72 GB v. Redskins playoff game, and who missed 2 Packer games TOTAL living in Seattle for over 10 years I think I've got my Packer chops.

I wouldn't expect the biggest homer hack on this board to know the difference, but it's about the level you've risen to...so, keep spouting nonsense and don't bother replying until you bring something to the table :shocking:

Until then, bite my shiny metal ass...

did you hear? sean taylor is dead....probably pulled a gun on someone at the Pearly Gates... :shocking:

everytime i hear we want the ball...just remember...the following week, it was 4th and 26..

Yup...but at least they were there for 4th and 26.

Yes, it sucked giving that up and being that close again...but come on...who would rather have lost to Seattle that day the week before?

The Packers only have 3 players with playoff experience and I doubt anyone can argue that playoff experience is exactly what gutted out a come from behind win for the Seahawks on Saturday.

Todd Collins is what "gutted out a come from behind win" on Saturday.

WTF

did you hear? sean taylor is dead....probably pulled a gun on someone at the Pearly Gates... :shocking:

:overhead:

After we regained the lead, every thing that went against the Skins I wondered if Taylor was watching down from the heavens. Did he cause Todd Collins to throw that duck of a pass to Trufant, Did Moss quit running on the play because he was distracted by the spirit of Taylor?

Somebody other than me has been watching the Futurama marathons on Comedy Central the last week or so. :shocking:

Since we are taking all of these subjective facts into consideration, I am shocked no one has mentioned playoff experience in both the players and coaching staff. The Packers only have 3 players with playoff experience and I doubt anyone can argue that playoff experience is exactly what gutted out a come from behind win for the Seahawks on Saturday.

I've argued that Seattle deserves to be in the same tier as Dallas and Green Bay for the last 10 weeks around here, using playoff experience as a big pillar of my thesis. That's 4 playoffs wins in the last 3 years, easily more than any other NFC team.

Somebody other than me has been watching the Futurama marathons on Comedy Central the last week or so. :pointstosky:

Life just wouldn't be life any other way...although I have the complete series on the iPod :banana:

I've argued that Seattle deserves to be in the same tier as Dallas and Green Bay for the last 10 weeks around here, using playoff experience as a big pillar of my thesis. That's 4 playoffs wins in the last 3 years, easily more than any other NFC team.

I had them ranked 1, 2, 3 in the NFC earlier in the year (Dallas, GB, Seattle)...but Seattle got streaky, and while their D is good it's not good enough to take opposing teams out of what they try to do. Losing Strong @ FB hurt their running game more than it should have, the line's never quite gotten used to Hutch not being there, and they basically have nothing but #2 and #3 WR's, without anyone to truly step into the #1 role.

Too many holes to put it together this year, but another franchise that for years wallowed in crap and finally got what it takes to be a class franchise, and to never be too far from the top on "down" years despite the salary cap. Amazing that after 20 years teams like the Vikings, Bears and Lions haven't figured that out.

Looking to Saturday, I think the Packers win because of the Seattle holes...but it's going to be like 21-20 with 5 min. left and a late TD seals it. And, if the Pack comes out flat I can see Seattle jumping out by 3 scores and never giving up the lead. We play our best, Seattle doesn't scare me...but I'm more confident Seattle will come out at the top of their game than I am GB will come out hot. We have a tendency to let down sometimes, and while you can survive that in a Lion Thanksgiving game, it will kill us in January against a team like Seattle.

Do you think this is the same team as he saw then? Playing the same?

I would not call getting beat by Carolina and Atlanta playing good football.

Nor were they tested much against some other bad teams down the stretch. (not that GB really was either)

Great showing against the Bears week 16 (a team we beat). :pointstosky:

Now that sounds a lot more like the FlaHawker we know! Of course, you are dead wrong, but at least you are using pure homerism now instead of some lame-brained mathematics!

I'm not a Seahawks fan or a Packers fan, I'd like to see the Seahawks win, but they won't, and after they lose, I won't even tell you I told you so.

2005 Seahawks = 452 points scored and 271 points allowed, 5-3 on the road. 2007 Seahawks = 393 points scored and 291 points allowed, 3-5 on the road. Not even close to as good of a team.

This year's D is head and shoulders better. Bryce Fisher was a starting DE along with Grant Wistrom. Kerney and Tapp are an upgrade over those two. Tru, Andre Dyson, Kelly Herndon, Jordan Babineaux, Michael Boulware, and Marquand Manuel all started in the secondary at various times. You telling me that you would take that group over Tru, Jennings, Russell, and Grant? Lofa and Hill were rookies and the other OLB was manned by DD lewis and kevin Bentley. You would take that group over pro bowl caliber Tatupu and Hill and Julian peterson? No way in hell in the 2005 D was as good as this D no matter what the #s tell you.

Great showing against the Bears week 16 (a team we beat). :dunno:

Yup...bad showing in terrible weather.

Think that is the exception or the rule?

Great showing against the Bears week 16 (a team we beat). :dunno:

Funny...great showing against Carolina in week 15...a team GB waxed.

This year's D is head and shoulders better. Bryce Fisher was a starting DE along with Grant Wistrom. Kerney and Tapp are an upgrade over those two. Tru, Andre Dyson, Kelly Herndon, Jordan Babineaux, Michael Boulware, and Marquand Manuel all started in the secondary at various times. You telling me that you would take that group over Tru, Jennings, Russell, and Grant? Lofa and Hill were rookies and the other OLB was manned by DD lewis and kevin Bentley. You would take that group over pro bowl caliber Tatupu and Hill and Julian peterson? No way in hell in the 2005 D was as good as this D no matter what the #s tell you.

gb saw firsthand how crappy marquand manuel is.....

this years D is so fast and they dont shut the motor off...im glad u didnt include ken hamlin.....

can we get to this game without the obsession over the bears and panther games? those 3 games have nothing to do with saturday...

gb saw firsthand how crappy marquand manuel is.....

this years D is so fast and they dont shut the motor off...im glad u didnt include ken hamlin.....

can we get to this game without the obsession over the bears and panther games? those 3 games have nothing to do with saturday...

I completely agree...we're going to see the best of both teams, just like 2003, and it's going to be a 12 round fight. Playoff's are a different animal, and if you take either teams' performance this coming Saturday to one of those letdown games, you'd see a completely different outcome.

I think it comes down to which, if any Seattle WR steps up to a true #1 threat, is GB's running game as much of a threat as Grant's numbers down the stretch indicate, and which O-line plays the best.

In the end, I think the Packer's WR's are better, Seattle's secondary is weaker, D-Line, LB's, and O-line are wash. I see the Packers having more success in the air, Seattle struggling against our DB's, and a slight edge to the Packer's running game.

If the Seattle WR's step up, if their O-line steps up, and the Packers can't run...it could be a whole different day. Which is why I said before that the pressure is on the Seahawks...they have to play outside themselves to win, GB just needs to play within themselves.