Sign in to follow this  
hoffdaddy

Vote Now - Continue the League?

Appears we're losing two members, and a third has considered retirement. And frankly, hanging it up has crossed my mind as well.

So, let's vote.

If we decide to keep the league going, I will commish.

Replace both Ty and DrJ and continue, i will accept Hoff as commish as well.

Keep it going. This league used to be great. I think not having a consistent message board has hurt us. I remember the days when many people would give write ups grading everybody's draft picks and giving detailed list of how they rate each team going into the new year. I think if we can get a message board that people frequently visit and have a reason to visit, then the league will become more fun. There are still a lot of very good, active owners in this league and the league has been aroudn too long to give up on it now.

Last year I was going through a move transition and working 14 hours a day, 6-7 days a week so I just had enough time to keep up on injuries/news/starting lineups. This year I will make sure to post more.

Agreed with BroncosFan. Continue the league, only right after how many hours we have all put in. Again alot of great owners still around and active.

~STICK

Agreed with BroncosFan. Continue the league, only right after how many hours we have all put in. Again alot of great owners still around and active.

~STICK

In full agreement with stick in his agreement with BroncosFan.

Lets keep the league.

I like the fact that we have stats for the history of the league and everything else.

Admittedly I too have less time now to spend on the league than I did when we started, but I still get my lineup set, make the occasional trade, and I enjoy the draft and watching my guys work their way up my roster.

I would be upset if we lost the league, although I am willing to consider a reorganization, either cutting back by 2 teams and having a supplemental draft, or reducing the league to maybe 10 keepers for one year, and then continuing on as a dynasty.

Thought to consider...

on a side note, look at some of our member numbers, a lot of us were here when FFToday started...I remember the long threads that used to go on at FFToday, some good stuff.

I'm at a Crossroads on this one.....

1) Do I retire at the top like Elway? (Yes, I'm that old!)

2) Do I continue. I was not an original member of XDL, but took a team over in the first year I believe as the original owner drove the team into the ground and it took me this long to recover (shameful I know)

3) I should be travelling less, but who really knows.

4) I chased Ty out of the League by whole heartedly defeating his sorry ass in the finals this year... that was kinda fun! :unsure:

5) DrJ knows he can't complete next season too!

(Note: #4 and #5 are to be taken only as humor!)

6) I'll be more active next season as well

7) The 4.5 year old (NO, NOT ME!) does need more time.

8) In the playoffs, my team got better and better, how often does that happen?

9) In my main #$T^#@ money league I lost in week 17 due to Pittsburgh's 4th quarter and some crap-@ss play by some scrubs... I think I'm finally learning how to do this FF stuff... The secret is (oh wait, you'll HAVE to buy the book).

10) Hell with it, I'm in! Can't have DrJ, Ty AND Scorp go in one season, that just wouldn't be right!

and a bonus ...

11) It's too much fun interacting with you all (Including Topes!) Doh!

I'll continue next season if we go forth!

--Scorpion

2007 XDL Champion <-- that sound good!

Oh, by the way, Thanks Hoff for volunteering...

I'm a Commish in 2 other leagues and I can't really do much more than I'm doing now.

Heck, I'm thinking of getting my Master's Degree..... ugh!

I think 7 replies from charter members of the league in such a timely manner should be our answer. Lets go forward! Also I would not mind helping or "co-commishing" with Hoffdaddy if that is needed. I run a Dynasty League on MFL.com called Mid-Cities Dynasty League and its actually rather easy. Let me know if I can help Hoff.

~STICK

I think 7 replies from charter members of the league in such a timely manner should be our answer. Lets go forward! Also I would not mind helping or "co-commishing" with Hoffdaddy if that is needed. I run a Dynasty League on MFL.com called Mid-Cities Dynasty League and its actually rather easy. Let me know if I can help Hoff.

~STICK

I can certainly use the help, as my third kid is coming mid-march. Things will be a little crazy for me.

It's decided then, we're keeping this league alive. Let's get new owners lined up and vote.

Sorry for the delay on a response. My PC has been with the Geek Squad.

I'm in for sure.

I agree on the message board posts, there used to be a great deal of posts. However, my postings will be in the evenings, as I don't have access to the net during the day.