Sign in to follow this  
Hurricane Ditka

Who is hitting the gym this week?

Bored of my current routine and need to mix it up. What is everyone who is hitting the gyms routine look like right now?

My Current:

Monday- 45 minute run in the AM, Chest/Tris/Abs in the PM

Tuesday- 60 minutes cardio

Wednesday- Back/Shoulders/Bi's in the PM

Thursday- 60 minutes cardio

Friday- off

Saturday- 45 minutes cardio followed by Quads/Hams/Calves in AM

Sunday- 60 minutes cardio, mix in some yoga.

Looking to change it up some and go harder...

Mon - Thurs = Beer

Fri - Sunday = Jack Daniels

(water in between)

:pointstosky:

You are a disgrace to all the fat, gilatinous, out of shape people the world over. Take a lap!

Don't laugh... but an old college buddy and I talk about a couple times a month on our workouts and he told me he bought a new "workout" book recently.

So.... it's the L.L. Coolj Platinum Workout. I was pretty skeptical at first but he's been doing it 2 weeks and he said he really digs it.

It's a 20 week routine and it pretty much tells you exactly what to do for every day of that 20 weeks. He and I had discussed that I felt in a rut with my workouts and I've essentially been doing the same routine for a couple years now and that I wanted to shake it up.

Just for information... my buddy is in pretty decent shape... does 5 mile runs a few times a week and lifts weights 3 times a week... he's one of those guys that's always been pretty lean and he's been wanting to add weight.

Like I said before he really likes it... it takes you at your current level and slowly works you up for the 20 weeks. As I'm going to be in Georgia for 10 of those 1st weeks I thought I'd try it. I ordered it off Amazon and I think I got it for like 15 bucks. I'm waiting for it to arrive to check it out.

Hell I'll give it a shot for that price and a new workout that doesn't make me do all the tweaking. I'll try doing it to a T and seeing if I get decent results.

Apparently Cool J said he's never been on the juice... said it pisses him off that he's been accussed when he's really just worked his ass off the past few years with personal trainers. I can maybe see that because he's more lean/cut muscle than huge mass. Dunno... apparently it's not all just cool j doing the writing the technical stuff came from his trainers.

http://www.amazon.com/LL-Cool-Platinum-Wor...7566&sr=8-1

My workout this week is going to consist of an 18 year old girl with a high sex drive.

Yeah, trying to get in everyday this week, 5 weeks in a row of going only 2 or maybe 3 times. I lost 20lbs last semester, i just got off track over christmas break and that kinda continued for a couple more weeks. I actually don't think i gained any of it back. The crazy thing is i barely did any cardio, i did nothing but weight-lift, which is why i was suprised i was losing weight like i was. I think it was because i have to walk everywhere on campus and i have to go up and down 3 flights of stairs about 10 times a day at least.

So either this week or next week, i will start running at least 3 times a week and doing abs 3 times a week, along with weightlifting everyday( everyday = m-f, weekends are not a good time for me to work out being in college and all). The beauty of my weightlifting schedule is i can miss a day and not miss any muscle group...

M- Chest

Tu- Bi's

W- Legs

Th- Tri's

F- back/shoulders

If i miss a day, i just combine my arms. Unfortunently, since i have been missing 2 or even 3 days a week, i have not worked out my legs in around 2 months. So, when i work out my legs this week, i will be sore as fock for about 4 or 5 days, o well, that is what i get...

Mon - Fri - 30 min jog - Run 2 miles, and then speed walk the rest of the way. I need to build my stamina back up again.

M -Chest/Biceps

T - Abs

W - Legs/Triceps

Th - Abs

Friday - Shoulder/Back

Saturday - Get buck in this B1tch

I need to jump back on the health ship. I've been slackin off for too long.

Don't need to. I've always been physically fit, but I did get into bicycling in '07 and ride it on my mag trainer everyday during these cold winter months.

Oh Hi O gets lots of bad weather in the winter.

I lost 18 pounds. My secret is that I ate a lot less. :thumbsup:

Now I am starting to tone up with a kettlebell. After I have put in some more time, I'll report back and say how it works.

My workout this week is going to consist of an 18 year old girl with a high sex drive.

no can size??? you're a disgrace. :thumbsup:

I don't belong to a gym, I am just upping my running mileage this week.

Mon- off...maybe a liht swim to work on form

Tues- bike, shoulders

Wed- run(morning), light legs, swim

Thurs- bike, chest

Fri- run(morning), back, swim

Sat- bike, swim

Sun- bike, arms, run

Biking is on a trainer when it's dark or below 30 degrees. Below 45 is on a mountain bike if possible...everything else on a road bike if possible.

Training in four week blocks where I build the times and distances, then have a very light week. Intensity will be increased later with intervals.

Weights are not progressive...just done for maintenence of strength and appearance, and can be skipped if needed.

No gym membership anymore.

Wanted to run this week, but it will be cold and rainy.

I'll concentrate on toning up this week - abdominals, legs and arms with some weights at home.

So I bought a bench and stocked up on dumbbells and got back into my favorite routine. The Men's Health Cover Model workout by Owen McKibbon.

I did this workout about four years ago and got into the best shape of my life.

I'm starting Phase Two in my basement tonight, and I'm very happy with my results from Phase One.

This time, I've even decided to take his diet advice to heart, chomping down protein at a much higher rate.

So far, I'm lifting MWF, playing basketball Tuesday, and hitting the treadmill/walking Thursday and sometimes Saturday.

No gym membership anymore.

Wanted to run this week, but it will be cold and rainy.

I'll concentrate on toning up this week - abdominals, legs and arms with some weights at home.

Cold? Like 50 to 60? :music_guitarred:

15 here now...brrrr :doublethumbsup:

Cold? Like 50 to 60? :rolleyes:

15 here now...brrrr :dunno:

I know, I know...

Yes, we're talking about low to mid 50's at that time of the evening.

15? :blink:

Yeah, I'd be pouring a glass of wine and parking myself on my couch in the evening

in those temps!

I know, I know...

Yes, we're talking about low to mid 50's at that time of the evening.

15? :doublethumbsup:

Yeah, I'd be pouring a glass of wine and parking myself on my couch in the evening

in those temps!

I'm in the same situation as you. No more gym membership, and it's cold and rainy outside.

What I do is take 2 big handfuls of my stomach fat and just keep holding it until I put on some sweats and go run.

Weekdays

5:30-6:00 AM -racquetball practice

6:00-6:30 AM-cardio or lift

back at home showerd by7:00 AM to get the kids to school

Wednesdays/Fridays-2 hours of racquetball at lunch

Saturdays-yet to be determined

Sundays -9:00-10:30AM-Racquetball Singles

-10:30-12:30PM-Racquetball Doubles

I was at our sales kickoff last week drinking, and sick the week before. I just got back from like 20 minutes of cardio to get back into something resembling a routine. Completely uninspired. :P

What I do is take 2 big handfuls of my stomach fat and just keep holding it until I put on some sweats and go run.

:P

Met w/the trainer this afternoon.

We used the heavy ball, boxed,did some quick free weights and then push-ups on an upside down bosu.

I just got home from the gym and tried a little something new for my chest/triceps/abs.

I started with 50 pound dumbells and both flat and incline dumbell presses going about 18-20 reps per 3 sets. Then did dips, skull crushers and cable pulldowns 1 set each. Then I dropped to 35 pound dumbells and did 1 set till failure followed by dips, skull crushers and cable pulldowns. Then I did 3 sets of flies, 3 sets of tricep kickbacks. Then did about 15 minutes of abs.

That was it and I feel much different. Didn't use a barbell once today and no nautilus machines.

I just got home from the gym and tried a little something new for my chest/triceps/abs.

I started with 50 pound dumbells and both flat and incline dumbell presses going about 18-20 reps per 3 sets. Then did dips, skull crushers and cable pulldowns 1 set each. Then I dropped to 35 pound dumbells and did 1 set till failure followed by dips, skull crushers and cable pulldowns. Then I did 3 sets of flies, 3 sets of tricep kickbacks. Then did about 15 minutes of abs.

That was it and I feel much different. Didn't use a barbell once today and no nautilus machines.

I basically do the same routine, but just change the workouts for each muscle group. I always stick with certain core exercises, such as squats, but alternate out other stuff and experiment with super-setting and timing.

Try single arm dumbbell press. Push both up, drop them both down about 5 inches (so you engage your chest and unlock your elbows) and then alternately rep with single arms.

Also, try all your workouts with the ball, rather than a bench. For you shoulders, seated dumbbell press on a swiss ball will kick your ass. Once you get your balance down, then try the alternate arm technique I described above.

Here's my routine..

Monday - hour of spin

Tuesday - back, bis, abs

Weds - hour of spin

Thurs - chest, shoulders, tris, abs

Friday - legs, abs

Sat - Light cardio.

Sun - nothin.

Its good that you're switching it up. A good time to switch it up is very 9-12 weeks.

I go a lil different than most people. I just go by day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then its back to day 1. I feel like in a m-t-w type lay-out, if you miss a week it messes everything up. I just plan on going everyday and i miss the days i do.

day 1 Chest and Tri's

Flat bench

dips

flys

decline

close-grip bench

Skull crushers

day 2 Back and Bi's

Pull-ups (the BEST thing you can do for your back)

Underhanded rows

DB rows

angled lat pull-down

Incline curls

concentration curls

Day 3 Legs

Squats (by far the best leg workout)

Step-ups

Lunges

Hamstring curls

Seated calf press

Calf raises (with weight added to a bar)

Day 4 Shoulders

Standing military press

shrugs (this one is technically back, but its so close it can go either way)

Lateral raises

Front raises

Some thing i don't know the name of

Day 5 - Cardio

Then i go back to day 1. I'll usually go 6 days a week to the gym so i'll have an extra day of rest in there aside from the cardio day.

I'd say one mistake a lot of people make is they don't have enough intensity in the gym. Time your breaks in between sets. You should be adding weight no later than every 5th workout for the same muscle. I try to add weight every 3rd/4th workout, even if its only 2.5lbs. I use a 4 set 8 rep scheme and by the 4th set, i can usually only get like 4 reps. If on the 4th set i can get 6 reps then its time to move up.

Its about time i switched it up and someone on seriousmuscle.net recommended one of these 3.

Upper/Lower 2.0

Mon: Upper (Push focus)

Bench Press

sholder press

dips

hang clean

Tues: Lower (push focus)

Back Squat

Front squat

Leg curls

calf raises

Thu: upper (pull focus)

rack pull

barbell row

pullup

push press

bb curl

Fri: lower (pull focus)

goodmorning

walking lunges

Stiff leg deadlift

Split squat

Full Body

Mon

Deadlift

DB Incline

pullups/chinups

Lunges

Overhead squat

Incline curl

Wed

Bench press

Power Cleans

Split squat

Leg curls

scull crushers

bb curls

Fri

squat

Barbell Rows

Goodmorning or Stiff leg deadlift

Barbell Sholder press

dips

Sets and reps to your goals, add calves and abs where you see fit.

PUSH/PULL 2

Mon:

Deadlift: 4 sets 4-6 reps

Barbell Rows: 3 sets 6-8

Stiff leg deads: 3 sets 6-8

Barbell Curls: 3 sets 6-8

Tues:

Bench Press: 4 sets 4-6 reps

DB Inclines: 3 sets 6-8

Front squats: 3 sets 6-8

DB sholder Press: 3 sets 6-8

dips: 3 sets 6-8

Thu:

Power Cleans: 4 sets 6-8

Pull ups: 3 sets 6-8

Goodmornings: 3 sets 6-8

preacher curls: 3 sets 6-8

Fri:

Squats: 4 sets 4-6

Leg Press: 3 sets 6-8

DB bench Press: 3 sets 6-8

Barbell sholder press: 3 sets 6-8

close grip bench: 3 sets 6-8

Its good that you're switching it up. A good time to switch it up is very 9-12 weeks.

I go a lil different than most people. I just go by day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then its back to day 1. I feel like in a m-t-w type lay-out, if you miss a week it messes everything up. I just plan on going everyday and i miss the days i do.

day 1 Chest and Tri's

Flat bench

dips

flys

decline

close-grip bench

Skull crushers

day 2 Back and Bi's

Pull-ups (the BEST thing you can do for your back)

Underhanded rows

DB rows

angled lat pull-down

Incline curls

concentration curls

Day 3 Legs

Squats (by far the best leg workout)

Step-ups

Lunges

Hamstring curls

Seated calf press

Calf raises (with weight added to a bar)

Day 4 Shoulders

Standing military press

shrugs (this one is technically back, but its so close it can go either way)

Lateral raises

Front raises

Some thing i don't know the name of

Day 5 - Cardio

Then i go back to day 1. I'll usually go 6 days a week to the gym so i'll have an extra day of rest in there aside from the cardio day.

I'd say one mistake a lot of people make is they don't have enough intensity in the gym. Time your breaks in between sets. You should be adding weight no later than every 5th workout for the same muscle. I try to add weight every 3rd/4th workout, even if its only 2.5lbs. I use a 4 set 8 rep scheme and by the 4th set, i can usually only get like 4 reps. If on the 4th set i can get 6 reps then its time to move up.

Its about time i switched it up and someone on seriousmuscle.net recommended one of these 3.

Upper/Lower 2.0

Mon: Upper (Push focus)

Bench Press

sholder press

dips

hang clean

Tues: Lower (push focus)

Back Squat

Front squat

Leg curls

calf raises

Thu: upper (pull focus)

rack pull

barbell row

pullup

push press

bb curl

Fri: lower (pull focus)

goodmorning

walking lunges

Stiff leg deadlift

Split squat

Full Body

Mon

Deadlift

DB Incline

pullups/chinups

Lunges

Overhead squat

Incline curl

Wed

Bench press

Power Cleans

Split squat

Leg curls

scull crushers

bb curls

Fri

squat

Barbell Rows

Goodmorning or Stiff leg deadlift

Barbell Sholder press

dips

Sets and reps to your goals, add calves and abs where you see fit.

PUSH/PULL 2

Mon:

Deadlift: 4 sets 4-6 reps

Barbell Rows: 3 sets 6-8

Stiff leg deads: 3 sets 6-8

Barbell Curls: 3 sets 6-8

Tues:

Bench Press: 4 sets 4-6 reps

DB Inclines: 3 sets 6-8

Front squats: 3 sets 6-8

DB sholder Press: 3 sets 6-8

dips: 3 sets 6-8

Thu:

Power Cleans: 4 sets 6-8

Pull ups: 3 sets 6-8

Goodmornings: 3 sets 6-8

preacher curls: 3 sets 6-8

Fri:

Squats: 4 sets 4-6

Leg Press: 3 sets 6-8

DB bench Press: 3 sets 6-8

Barbell sholder press: 3 sets 6-8

close grip bench: 3 sets 6-8

Looked this over for about an hour. It looks like a great plan. I think I am going to finish out this week and try it for 8-10 weeks. Need to do a different routine.

The one thing I am in the gym is intense. I normally have at least 10 High School Football players in there and I like to try and set a good example for them.