Sign in to follow this  
Eagles Green

Tony Romo

Many people doubted he would be able to play at a high level this year. He made the pro-bowl now in both years that he has played.

And like last year, he will be well rested because of a short playoff run.

He is a godsend for the Cowboys who have been missing out on stellar QB play since Troy Aikman's best years. The Cowboys with Romo at QB have a very bright future.

And like last year, he will be well rested because of a short playoff run.

You might want to worry about McNabb. He can't stay injury free for an entire year anymore and he has lost a few steps. :thumbsup:

You might want to worry about McNabb. He can't stay injury free for an entire year anymore and he has lost a few steps. :doh:

Sounds like TO.

But hey, you guys have Glenn and Crayton. They appear to be very reliable, especially when the game is on the line.

Sounds like TO.

But hey, you guys have Glenn and Crayton. They appear to be very reliable, especially when the game is on the line.

McNabb is not what he used to be and he is injury prone.

Eli >>> Mcnabb >>> Romo >>>> The blackskinned Redskin

Eli >>> Mcnabb >>> Romo >>>> The blackskinned Redskin

Might as well keep this thread alive! It must be close to some record for length. :doublethumbsup:

well what do you know: romo, brady, favre - they all look the same in the face of an unstoppable pass rush.........

well what do you know: romo, brady, favre - they all look the same in the face of an unstoppable pass rush.........

Of course only one player from your list played with 12 pro-bowlers this year but NEVAR won a playoff game.

Of course only one player from your list played with 12 pro-bowlers this year but NEVAR won a playoff game.

jep, so what? point is any qb, ANY QB, will look like human if he doesn't get protection. hats off to the giants again, that front 4 as a unit was better than any one star player on any team this year. but you keep touting those playoff wins: no playoffs this year, aging qb, window closing, no lombardi's (still) and a bleak future, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that's all you have.

jep, so what? point is any qb, ANY QB, will look like human if he doesn't get protection. hats off to the giants again, that front 4 as a unit was better than any one star player on any team this year. but you keep touting those playoff wins: no playoffs this year, aging qb, window closing, no lombardi's (still) and a bleak future, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that's all you have.

The point is the Cowboys said they were the better team and lost. That falls on the QB. Every other team admitted the NYG were the better team.

I am not an Eagle fan but looking back 12 years the Eagles have been allot more successful than the Cowboys.

you're rapidly becoming the philadelphia version of mackgee and pimptaddy. you guys setting up franchises or what?

you're rapidly becoming the philadelphia version of mackgee and pimptaddy. you guys setting up franchises or what?

:thumbsdown:

Who are you?

The point is the Cowboys said they were the better team and lost. That falls on the QB. Every other team admitted the NYG were the better team.

wtf are you talking about, point of what? sure dallas felt they were the better team, so did i. we got beat, i was wrong. the loss falls on everybody, coaching staff included.

I am not an Eagle fan but looking back 12 years the Eagles have been allot more successful than the Cowboys.

no denying that, so what?

The Giants monster pass rush has made some pretty good Qb's look bad this post season. I don't think anybody is ready to call Eli better than Brady right? Therefore, just because Eli managed to win the big one doesn't make him better than Romo. Until he puts together a top 5 fantasy season, Eli is still a roller coaster type guy. He put together a nice mistake free playoff run, and I give him credit for that. But, for a whole season, it's gotta be:

Romo > Eli > McNabb (all 8 games of it) > whomever washington rolls out

The Giants monster pass rush has made some pretty good Qb's look bad this post season. I don't think anybody is ready to call Eli better than Brady right? Therefore, just because Eli managed to win the big one doesn't make him better than Romo. Until he puts together a top 5 fantasy season, Eli is still a roller coaster type guy. He put together a nice mistake free playoff run, and I give him credit for that. But, for a whole season, it's gotta be:

No it doesn't but the way he played in the 6 weeks of the season makes him better. Romo is a better Fantasy QB right now but will never be a better NFL QB. I had Romo on one of my fanatsy teams this year and he choked in my playoffs too.

We're not talking fantasy, but actual feetball.

Sure I'll admit that Romo is a fantasy stud in the regular season, but he sucks in the playoffs. So Romo = Jeff George = Kordel = Culpepper.

But if we talk playoffs, he is just mediocre. An underachieving QB who craves the spotlight but lacks focus and preperation.

Mcnabb had TO one season and he went to the SB. Eli won the SB and played great at the end of the season and in the playoffs.

That's why Eli >> Mcnabb >> Romo

No it doesn't but the way he played in the 6 weeks of the season makes him better. Romo is a better Fantasy QB right now but will never be a better NFL QB. I had Romo on one of my fanatsy teams this year and he choked in my playoffs too.

A fantasy Qb scores points by getting yards, Td's, and avoiding INT's. Seems to me that's what you want your "real" Qb to do as well. Romo was better than Eli last season, he was better than Eli 6 weeks ago, and he's better than him right now. In a second I'd take Romo's next 5 years over Eli given the choice. People are so quick to judge based on 1 or 2 games. These are the same people that insisted that Elway or Peyton could never win the big one and "sucked" when it mattered. Honestly......

eli played good at the end of the regular season and in the playoffs, no doubt. but stupid face harrison doesnt choke and drop the gimme INT, eli and his giants lose. one flippin play!

eli played good at the end of the regular season and in the playoffs, no doubt. but stupid face harrison doesnt choke and drop the gimme INT, eli and his giants lose. one flippin play!

But Eli would still be better than Romo in the playoffs. I can't think of another QB that has done so little with so much talent around him. Not 1 playoff win for a team with that roster is sad and pathetic.

We're not talking fantasy, but actual feetball.

Sure I'll admit that Romo is a fantasy stud in the regular season, but he sucks in the playoffs. So Romo = Jeff George = Kordel = Culpepper.

But if we talk playoffs, he is just mediocre. An underachieving QB who craves the spotlight but lacks focus and preperation.

Mcnabb had TO one season and he went to the SB. Eli won the SB and played great at the end of the season and in the playoffs.

That's why Eli >> Mcnabb >> Romo

You are delisional. If McNabb wasn't too busy throwing up in the huddle, he might have WON a super bowl with TO.

And how was his playoff run this year?

You are delisional. If McNabb wasn't too busy throwing up in the huddle, he might have WON a super bowl with TO.

And how was his playoff run this year?

He lost by 3 to a team that most likely cheated.

And this year he won as many playoff games as the 13-3 Cryboys. Mcnabb came off of an ACL tear, what's Romo's excuse? MEXICO WITH JESSICA.

But if you want, should we compare head to head records since Mcnabb was the Eagles QB?

And how am I delusional? Nothing but facts in that post. Truth hurts doesn't it?

A fantasy Qb scores points by getting yards, Td's, and avoiding INT's. Seems to me that's what you want your "real" Qb to do as well. Romo was better than Eli last season, he was better than Eli 6 weeks ago, and he's better than him right now. In a second I'd take Romo's next 5 years over Eli given the choice. People are so quick to judge based on 1 or 2 games. These are the same people that insisted that Elway or Peyton could never win the big one and "sucked" when it mattered. Honestly......

If I run an NFL franchise I take Eli hands down. Remember Romo is a year older than Eli and 2 years younger than Brady and hasn't accomplished anything yet.

He lost by 3 to a team that most likely cheated.

And this year he won as many playoff games as the 13-3 Cryboys. Mcnabb came off of an ACL tear, what's Romo's excuse? MEXICO WITH JESSICA.

But if you want, should we compare head to head records since Mcnabb was the Eagles QB?

And how am I delusional? Nothing but facts in that post. Truth hurts doesn't it?

Since when was football a 1 on 1 contest between the Qb's anyway? It's a team game. Are you gonna sit here and say that Eli is better than Brady? If not, then your whole argument, and existence for that matter, is pointless and moot.

Since when was football a 1 on 1 contest between the Qb's anyway? It's a team game. Are you gonna sit here and say that Eli is better than Brady? If not, then your whole argument, and existence for that matter, is pointless and moot.

Brady has 3 rings, Eli 1. Championships are huge when comparing QBs.

If we didn't use rings as part of the argument, then Marino would have to be considered the best QB of all time, when we know it's Montana

Brady has 3 rings, Eli 1. Championships are huge when comparing QBs.

If we didn't use rings as part of the argument, then Marino would have to be considered the best QB of all time, when we know it's Montana

Then go on record and say that Eli is a better QB than Marino. I want to know for sure how you stand on this.

Then go on record and say that Eli is a better QB than Marino. I want to know for sure how you stand on this.

No, rings are a big part, but not the only thing. I don't know that there is an exact equation, but paasing yds, Tds, wins, and championships must be considered.

Otherwise Dilfer >> Marino and = Peyton.

WRONG. By that argument you think Phil Simms was a better NFL QB than Dan Marino.

WRONG. By that argument you think Phil Simms was a better NFL QB than Dan Marino.

Read what I said, I never mentioned championships I mentioned the way he played. Eli showed leadership, command in the pocket, composure, the ability to make the big play, etc. Eli looks like he turned the corner but Romo looks like he did last year and has none of these qualities.

McNabb is not what he used to be and he is injury prone.

Romo is what he's always been and that's a QB who can't win a playoff game. You can say the same thing about that booger eatin' moron of a coach, too. :banana:

Isn't it interesting the way Romo and Crayton sheeeet the bed after they signed their big contracts!

someone who doesn't start threads mocking rival teams' players, and instead just talks football.

Hooked you didn't I?

:pointstosky:

Isn't it interesting the way Romo and Crayton sheeeet the bed after they signed their big contracts!

Not really. What is interesting is your obsession with bashing them to get a rise out of people on a fantasy football message board. I'm sure you're response will be something negative toward Romo and that you are just stating the way you see it or something. But, in reality we know you're just posting the same sort of remarks over and over because you think you're clever. You really add nothing to our FFToday community.

Not really. What is interesting is your obsession with bashing them to get a rise out of people on a fantasy football message board. I'm sure you're response will be something negative toward Romo and that you are just stating the way you see it or something. But, in reality we know you're just posting the same sort of remarks over and over because you think you're clever. You really add nothing to our FFToday community.

I guess I'm responding to all the Cowboy fans talk about going to the SB, being the best team in the NFC, etc. What goes around comes around. When you talk trash and you are wrong you get your trash back. Take it like a man or don't pass it out.

I guess I'm responding to all the Cowboy fans talk about going to the SB, being the best team in the NFC, etc. What goes around comes around. When you talk trash and you are wrong you get your trash back. Take it like a man or don't pass it out.

I don't remember ever saying that myself, but I might have. Even so, I don't know why it bothers you since the team looked good for much of the year, I don't see a problem with saying your team's going to the Super Bowl. It's just fans being excited about their teams' potential.

Obviously, any Cowboys fan that said we are going to the Super Bowl was wrong. What's there to admit to. It's pretty evident by the on field results.

A good pass rush will make any QB look average. The truly great QBs can still make enough plays to move the chains, but they are still hampered by a great pass rush. People that claim Eli is now "elite" are clueless. Eli is the same player, but he basically played down and tried to not make mistakes. Eli owes his ring to Osi, Tuck and Strahan! The Patriots defense was old and it caught up with them. No taking away the ring the Giants won, so they are the champs. The team wins and not the individual. Eli is the same guy, and he will not set the league on fire now. The Giants defense won the playoff games. That pass rush was fierce! The best QB situation in the NFC East is NY and Dallas. They both have 27 year old QBs that are coming on strong now. Both have good teams that can compete for a title in the coming years. The Iggles are a mess, and McNabb is not what he once was and this will hurt the Eagles. Washington is a joke at QB! :shocking: