Sign in to follow this  
Dewey Oxburger

Baseball tool

Hi Dewey. I don't think you've ever purchased it (baseball one), because it has always been free. I do hope to have it again for 2008, but we have run into a slight snag regarding projections. I just posted an update over at my website, as follows:

::: Baseball Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy :::

A few of you fantasy baseball guys are already emailing for news about the release of the 2008 Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy. Spring Training is only 17 days away, but we are in a bit of a holding pattern right now.

Our projection providers the last few years, RotoChamps.com, are not doing projections this year due to other business interests. At this time we are looking for another projection source, but this will also involve creating a player database and update feature, formerly run by RotoChamps.

The intention at this time is to release an '08 Baseball Compiler & Buddy, but these issues need to be ironed out first. Keep emailing, and expect further updates to the mailing list as warranted. Thanks for your past support and patience!

2007 Baseball Compiler & Buddy:

http://www.myofficepool.ca/compiler/baseball_index.html

Thanks for the interest.

i would vote roger clemens as a baseball tool :overhead:

Hi Burt. I'm getting there slowly but surely. I just sent this more detailed update to my mailing list:

::: Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy, Baseball Version 2008 :::

Okay... I know, I know... I'm overdue for an update on what (if anything) is happening with the Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy, Baseball Version for 2008. My apologies for not getting back to all of you who emailed me directly. I received the email, and just kept on working until such time as I could give a more complete update to the entire group. And here we are.

First, there will be a Compiler & Buddy, Baseball Version for 2008. (Otherwise, this update would be a lot shorter and to the point.)

In case you missed my first update a few weeks ago, we lost our source of player projections used for the past few years, RotoChamps, as they are not producing projections this year.

This was a major setback, not only because of the lack of projections, but also because I had to create new update programs for the Compiler, which is no small task. Fortunately, I am making progress on this. The database is being built, the programs are being coded, etc., etc.

As for the player projections, for lack of better options, I am going to input the freely available CBS Sportsline projections. If you like them, great. If not, hey, at least it is a starting point. You can always adjust them in the Compiler or re-rank players in Draft Buddy.

Due to these setbacks, and lack of time overall, there aren't any other changes planned for the Baseball Compiler & Buddy right now. Fortunately, it was in pretty good shape from last year anyway, and we will see how it goes with respect to other changes for this year.

As for timeline, I plan to release the first 2008 version inside a week, before Spring Training starts. I hope everyone can hold on for one more week.

Once the first 2008 version is available, these pages will be updated with download links:

http://www.myofficepool.ca/compiler/baseball_index.html

Plus, I will send another newsletter indicating when it is ready.

Once again this year, the Baseball Compiler & Draft Buddy will be free to download, use and update.

There is the end of my update. Now it is back to work for me. Talk to you next week!

Hi Mike - I tried signing up for the newsletter for the BB compiler but it tells me my email address is invalid - c/b because I have two -- (dashes or minus signs) in the address. I run into this problem at some websites - anyway you can set it up for me?

Hi Mike - I tried signing up for the newsletter for the BB compiler but it tells me my email address is invalid - c/b because I have two -- (dashes or minus signs) in the address. I run into this problem at some websites - anyway you can set it up for me?

If its a valid email address then it shouldn't be a problem. How about you email me and we'll get it figured out? compiler@fftoday.com or mike@myofficepool.ca

Hi guys. The Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy, Baseball Version for 2008, was just uploaded, and the download links are updated on the Baseball Compiler webpage. You can find it at my website, right here.

I'm trying to send a newsletter letting people on my mailing list know, but wouldn't you know the normally reliable website I use for the mailing list is currently down. Nice timing :thumbdown:

At any rate, for those who have been waiting for the Compiler & Buddy, thanks for you patience. Although I did say previously I wasn't going to make any feature changes for 2008 (for the time being), I did make a couple of key improvements to Draft Buddy. Cheers.

Hey Mike I just emailed you at the office mail address with my email address I'm trying to setup over at the other site. Thanks.

Mike, I've used the software for a couple of drafts and its as good as ever! However, Chris B Young (Ari) isnt listed among the players. But when I started typing his name in, it filled it in for me. Not that big of a deal since I didnt want his .187 average killing my team, but others may want him while altering their projections and bid amount on him.

Mike,

As always, great tool, thanks for the time and effort. I just downloaded it and haven't gotten to play around with it too much yet but had a couple quick questions if you had a second.

1. Where did you get the projections from this year?

2. Does it incorporate $ adjustment for auction drafts when picks go over/under their projected value?

TIA for your help.

~cgod

Hi cgod,

The projections currently in the baseball compiler are from CBS Sportsline but aren't being updated to Mike MacGregor's liking, so he's going to be inputting projections from Rick Milleman, veteran Compiler user, and fantasy baseball guru who prepares his own detailed baseball player projections each year, and has for the past 7 years. That should be done this weekend. That will correct some of the player/team inconsistencies.

Mike, good to hear you are going away from CBS projections as some are a bit questionable.

Thanks to Rick Milleman for his projections.

Can you post when the update is complete so I can utilize the new projections.

Also I sent you an email at mike@myofficepool.ca with my email that the myofficepool website is telling me my email is invalid. Did you receive it? It is the same email I use for fftoday. Let me know if you need anything else. I also sent one to compiler@fftoday.com today.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Mike,

As always, great tool, thanks for the time and effort. I just downloaded it and haven't gotten to play around with it too much yet but had a couple quick questions if you had a second.

1. Where did you get the projections from this year?

2. Does it incorporate $ adjustment for auction drafts when picks go over/under their projected value?

TIA for your help.

~cgod

Hi cgod. MK answered the projection question (thanks Mike... too many websites to check in at). As for question 2, unfortunately there are not inflation adjustments in Draft Buddy as there were for the football version released in 2007. I wanted to add it for baseball, especially since it is more commonly a baseball league concept, but I ran out of time to do that. Hopefully next year.

...email at mike@myofficepool.ca with my email that the myofficepool website is telling me my email is invalid.

Invalid? Must be because of your funny email address :overhead:

Anyway, email received and answered.