Hall of Fame - 2008

Fred Dean

Darrell Green

Art Monk

Emmitt Thomas

Andre Tippett

Gary Zimmerman

Cool to see Tippett make it in. :(

I am surprised Chris Carter didn't make it. Probably because they felt that Monk had to go in and it seems like they don't like to bring in more than one WR.

Darrell Green was a lay up.

they did a good job.

Chris Carter will get in down the road.

Good to see 4 defensive guys get in the Hall is over 75% offensivve guys

I am not sure, but Darrell Green might still win the fastest 40 time for any player if they had a NFL challenge today and included current players. :dunno:

BTW - As a Pats fan, I am happy that Tippett is in there now. :(

He is in...part of the class of 1993.

Well, focking Boomer Esiason is going to get a nasty gram. He is on the radio telling me that he is not in. Then he is saying that Kenny Anderson is not in. I must have misheard what he was saying (it is on AM radio after all)

I am glad that Fouts is in. He was one of my favorites growing up. The man could chuck it. I should have known this anyway considering that I was just in Canton a few years ago. :(

Thanks for the correction.

Art Monk should have already been in but its greta to see him and Darrell Green going in together. Surprised Cris Carter didnt get in but he will very soon.

Anyways good day for Redskin fans. Lord knows we need them with an owner that is intent on running the franchise into the ground.

Here's to Art Monk and Darrell Green. Two great players and two class acts.

:first:

:dunno:

:dunno: to Carter not getting in. 2nd all time in receptions and receiving TDs (although won't be for long on the latter), 6th in receiving yards, 8 time all pro, briefly held the record for most receptions in a season, 6 years of 10+TDs (8 of 9+), hit the 120 receptions mark twice (only player in NFL history to do that), and insane sideline catching ability.

You can make the case for Monk getting in, but there's no way he should be in before Carter.

to Art Monk and Darrell Green. Two great players and one class act, and the other is a complete and total doucshebag

:dunno:

Fixed.

There was a reason art monk was held out of the hall for as long as he was, and it wasnt because of his playing skill

Congrats on Monk getting in.

Really suprised that Carter didn't get in on 1st try, I know others are due and waited, but a career like his it what makes people wait to get in. He should have been part of this class.

Fixed.

There was a reason art monk was held out of the hall for as long as he was, and it wasnt because of his playing skill

:cry:

You have anything to substantiate this claim?

Monk was/is a reserved and quiet man of faith. Some members of the media didnt like him b/c he wasn very generous in granting interviews. If that makes him a "complete and total d-bag" in your book then your book is some trash.

:cry: to Carter not getting in. 2nd all time in receptions and receiving TDs (although won't be for long on the latter), 6th in receiving yards, 8 time all pro, briefly held the record for most receptions in a season, 6 years of 10+TDs (8 of 9+), hit the 120 receptions mark twice (only player in NFL history to do that), and insane sideline catching ability.

You can make the case for Monk getting in, but there's no way he should be in before Carter.

Agreed. I thought he was sure-fire, first-ballot material. He'll probably go in next year, I guess.

You have anything to substantiate this claim?

I didnt have anything to substantiate that claim other than what ESPN has been forcing down my throat my entire life.

I went and spent about 15 minutes googling him, and i admit I was wrong about art monk.

Art Monk should have already been in but its greta to see him and Darrell Green going in together. Surprised Cris Carter didnt get in but he will very soon.

Anyways good day for Redskin fans. Lord knows we need them with an owner that is intent on running the franchise into the ground.

Here's to Art Monk and Darrell Green. Two great players and two class acts.

:nono:

:wacko:

:wacko:

yeah, as bad as monk got focked over by the voters all these years it's nice to see him go in with darrell.

now we need to get to work on getting some of the HOGS in.

No Ray Guy? ROONED! Nice to see Monk get it, though, one less guy for people to focus on his exclusion, so they can focus more on the best punter in the history of the game...

Why didn't James Wilder make it in?

Cris Carter will get in eventually. Wouldn't be surprised if it was next year. I bet a lot of the voters were thinking, "If we are going to put Carter in because he is 2nd in a bunch of major career receiving categories, then shouldn't we put in Monk, who was 1st in one of the biggest career receiving categories when he retired?"

I think Andre Reed should get into the HOF. And Chris Carter, of course too. Good that Art Monk is getting in!

Shocked that Cris Carter didn't make it in. What more are you supposed to do as a wr? The ONLY thing he was missing in his career was a ring.

Monk was long overdue.

Ken Anderson was mentioned earlier. They guy was a great QB in his day. He was very accurate, one of the best ever. He's about as borderline as you can get. I'd put him in though.

I didnt have anything to substantiate that claim other than what ESPN has been forcing down my throat my entire life.

I went and spent about 15 minutes googling him, and i admit I was wrong about art monk.

A man who admits he was wrong. (I try to do the same thing on those RARE occasions) The media is a funny business. Some of the sports writer guys have egos bigger than the athletes. They take things personal and shape/create stories.

:mad:

yeah, as bad as monk got focked over by the voters all these years it's nice to see him go in with darrell.

now we need to get to work on getting some of the HOGS in.

Russ Grimm, Joe Jacoby Jeff Bostic all have a case. Maybe Mark May even though I find him a bit annoying on TV.

Shocked that Cris Carter didn't make it in. What more are you supposed to do as a wr? The ONLY thing he was missing in his career was a ring.

Monk was long overdue.

Ken Anderson was mentioned earlier. They guy was a great QB in his day. He was very accurate, one of the best ever. He's about as borderline as you can get. I'd put him in though.

I think Anderson is a guy you have to have seen play. I read this and was like Ken Anderson HOF? Yeah right. Then I realized I've never seen him play except for Super Bowl highlights. I look up his stats and, at first glance, they dont seem all that great. But when you think about the fact that he played in the 70's and early 80's and how he compared to the league in his time, you'll find that he was a 4 time All-Pro, was always in the top 10 in the league in major stats, and led the league in passing yards and completion percentage multiple times.

Still dont think of him as a HOF player but wonder how I would feel about him if I actually watched him play.

Anyways, Im gonna drink another beer for the enshrinement of Art Monk and Darrell Green and another one for some more HOGS and Ray Guy (just sounds like a HOF punter) making it in the future.

:bench:

:doh:

Fred Dean getting in would normally be just a joke, but it's a travesty when he gets in and Richard Dent doesn't. Dean wasn't half the player Dent was statistically and Dent was a big part of the greatest defense ever. As bad as Dent is Wilber Marshall continuing to get overlooked. He was the most dominant all-around OLB in the league in the mid-80s and again in the early 90's after fighting injuries, while still a very good player when banged up. Marshall and LeRoy Butler, both 20/20 guys and five-time All-Pros, continue to get jobbed.

Talent-wise, Monk is one of the most mediocre HOFers ever. Gary Clark was better when both were at their peak, and has the same team achievement credentials, but Monk outlasted him. I can understand why he gets the nod, but he is the poster boy for the questionable choices of guys who hang around long enough to have aggregate stats, but not the consistent spectacular production players with elite talent produce.

Tippett and Zimmerman were good choices, and the type of guys that usually get overlooked.

Cris Carter should have been a first ballott choice, but he'll get in. Same for Lomas Brown.

Randy Gradishar, Jimbo Covert, Ray Guy, and Herschel Walker continue to be overlooked too. They either need to rename it from the Professional Football HoF to the NFL-AFL HoF, or include Walker. He has more total yards than any professional football player ever. Even if you isolate his football achievements, he had the second most combined yards when he retired and is still top ten. He and five other HoFs and one soon to be (Marshall Faulk) are the only players to have 60+ rushing TDs and 20+ receiving TDs. How do you make the "career achievement" argument for Monk and overlook Walker?

Fred Dean getting in would normally be just a joke, but it's a travesty when he gets in and Richard Dent doesn't. Dean wasn't half the player Dent was statistically and Dent was a big part of the greatest defense ever.

I just don't get why a part-time player (only obvious passing downs) got in over an every down player. Dean should not have gone in before Dent. Whether he deserves it at all is another debate. He was dominant when he was on the field, but that is because he played 50% or less of the downs. Dent had an all around game, Dean did not.

Well, focking Boomer Esiason is going to get a nasty gram. He is on the radio telling me that he is not in. Then he is saying that Kenny Anderson is not in. I must have misheard what he was saying (it is on AM radio after all)

I am glad that Fouts is in. He was one of my favorites growing up. The man could chuck it. I should have known this anyway considering that I was just in Canton a few years ago. :wall:

Thanks for the correction.

Small world. I too was a huge Fouts fan growing up. He was probably my favorite player as a kid. The first NFL game I ever watched was the Chargers/Dolphins epic game in 1982. I was an instant NFL fan.

Small world. I too was a huge Fouts fan growing up. He was probably my favorite player as a kid. The first NFL game I ever watched was the Chargers/Dolphins epic game in 1982. I was an instant NFL fan.

That's the first game I remember wathcing too. cool

A man who admits he was wrong. (I try to do the same thing on those RARE occasions) The media is a funny business. Some of the sports writer guys have egos bigger than the athletes. They take things personal and shape/create stories.

:music_guitarred:

I think Anderson is a guy you have to have seen play. I read this and was like Ken Anderson HOF? Yeah right. Then I realized I've never seen him play except for Super Bowl highlights. I look up his stats and, at first glance, they dont seem all that great. But when you think about the fact that he played in the 70's and early 80's and how he compared to the league in his time, you'll find that he was a 4 time All-Pro, was always in the top 10 in the league in major stats, and led the league in passing yards and completion percentage multiple times.

Still dont think of him as a HOF player but wonder how I would feel about him if I actually watched him play.

:music_guitarred:

He's borderline. He was a great QB for his day. He wasn't flashy and didn't make alot of highlight plays. As I posted earlier, he is a guy that was always on target. He was right up there with Montana, Fouts, and the other top QB's during his day. If he never gets in I understand, but I wouldn't have a problem if he went in either. Troy Aikman is a guy that I think you could compare Anderson with. Biggest difference is Aikman obviously had alot better team.

There are alot of guys that are boarder line.

Cris Carter though........I seriously don't get it?! He has more catches and touchdowns than ANY wr in the HOF?! How does he not get in? I thought Tim Brown was another first ballot lock, but that don't seem to be a given either.