Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Thursday, March 6th...Return-To-Glory day at FFToday

How did that March 6 day go Newbie? Wasn't around...

BIBLICAL PROPORTION FAHLE

How did that March 6 day go Newbie? Wasn't around...

More than twice the number of members online than on any other day that week, but it wasn't what I had hoped.

In fact, if you comb through this thread, there were a bunch of old-timers who heard about it and posted here, but they never came around that day.

It was worth a shot, but like I said a few times since, the only way to make it be successful is if someone from the Sanctuary actually comes up with the date and tries to organize it.

Just read this thread start to finish. Doesn't seem like six years ago. One observation- we all acted so much better back then. KSB was being cool. Phillybear was attacking, but in a playful, funny way, not hateful. And I wasn't being a dooshbag.

As I recall, this thread was much more of a success than the actual Return To Glory Day was. This thread had a lot of old timers stopping in to say hi. But the actual day itself was just a typical day with a bit more activity. I think there was twice as much activity, but it was mostly from the regulars all being around hoping to see some of the old timers.

Old Maid is in the Sanctuary now -- maybe she can set it up :ninja: She posts on both boards.

I posted over there but just couldn't hack it with the big boys ... so I did the honorable thing and stepped aside and came back here ......... who I am kidding I can't even hack it here with you all worthless focks :cry:

ETA - an Newbie for what it's worth - it was a noble effort - maybe try it again :dunno:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I can remember this and thought it was an OUTSTANDING idea. I know I gave Newbie props for doing this back then but apparently not in this thread.

Anyone up for another crack at a "Return to Glory" day? Get some of the sanctuary guys to stop back.  Maybe coerce GiantsFan, GoColts, Worms, and if you're lucky, NewbieJr, back for the day?  We can do music polls. Talk about our favorite frozen foods. Tales of our dating site experiences. Debate butt eating. Favorite vacation spots. What it's like to be short. Or have no neck.  Probably could be a great day. We could even make a 'no politics' rule for the day, since that is what brings 99% of the hate.  I bet some of the old timers might even miss a few of you guys. ;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Tales of our dating site experiences. 

Sounds like the old timers here. Can't get chicks in person. Probably divorced 2 or 3 times. 

On 2/28/2008 at 1:39 PM, BiPolarBear said:

Herbie the Hippo, where are you?

Somebody find that guy who had "Original eBay Seller of Kangaroo Scrots" as his sig. :lol:

Can we get a day pass for MooseKuckleBall4?

This is going to be a party, geeks! :doublethumbsup:

Herbie the Hippo spoke of himself in the third party. I thought he was a riot. 

What got Newbers banned? 

11 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

What got Newbers banned? 

He kept saying that he wanted Trump assassinated...

3 minutes ago, posty said:

He kept saying that he wanted Trump assassinated...

You're in the ball park, but your facts are off. He never said he wanted it. He said that in the long run, it might be less damaging to the country than 4 or 8 years of him being president. Probably a sentiment best left untyped. I happened to be here observing that day.

He emailed me a few weeks ago. He said he misses Bipolarbear. And Big Guy (the music Big Guy, not the conspiracy theorist Big Guy).  And Old Maid. And CBFalcon's dating stories.  There may be more. Oh, and he told me to tell Kutulu that Metallica sucks. 

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

You're in the ball park, but your facts are off. He never said he wanted it. He said that in the long run, it might be less damaging to the country than 4 or 8 years of him being president. Probably a sentiment best left untyped. I happened to be here observing that day.

He emailed me a few weeks ago. He said he misses Bipolarbear. And Big Guy (the music Big Guy, not the conspiracy theorist Big Guy).  And Old Maid. And CBFalcon's dating stories.  There may be more. Oh, and he told me to tell Kutulu that Metallica sucks. 

Welcome back Newbie$#@! :brohug:

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Welcome back Newbie$#@! :brohug:

I will pass the message along. How's Arizona treating you buddy?

[donking] Orange man vs Orange man [/donking]

wb new

10 minutes ago, The Observer said:

You're in the ball park, but your facts are off. He never said he wanted it.

Bzzz...

:lol: at that day...  He said this on multiple days, where you "observing" on all of those days as well?

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

Anyone up for another crack at a "Return to Glory" day? Get some of the sanctuary guys to stop back.  Maybe coerce GiantsFan, GoColts, Worms, and if you're lucky, NewbieJr, back for the day?  We can do music polls. Talk about our favorite frozen foods. Tales of our dating site experiences. Debate butt eating. Favorite vacation spots. What it's like to be short. Or have no neck.  Probably could be a great day. We could even make a 'no politics' rule for the day, since that is what brings 99% of the hate.  I bet some of the old timers might even miss a few of you guys. ;) 

Now that your daughter is over 18, how about some more pics?   :banana:

50 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Oh, and he told me to tell Kutulu that Metallica sucks. 

19 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Tell Newbie 😉 😉 I said hello. 

Hey kiddo. Nice to see you still posting.  (That's what he told me to tell you) ;) 

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

I will pass the message along. How's Arizona treating you buddy?

Can't complain.  My last kid is going off to college this fall so we are about to become empty nesters, which will be weird but also a new adventure.

Ask Newbie how things are back in PA.  :cheers:

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Can't complain.  My last kid is going off to college this fall so we are about to become empty nesters, which will be weird but also a new adventure.

Ask Newbie how things are back in PA.  :cheers:

I just so happened to ask him about his daughter the last time I spoke with him. She graduated from WVU last May and has a marketing job in Philadelphia.  Making as much at 23 than her old man did at 40.  Newbie lives with a woman who was born and raised in Nanticoke. I'm sure you heard of that place.   :cheers:   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Hey kiddo. Nice to see you still posting.  (That's what he told me to tell you) ;) 

I only pop in once in awhile to liven the place up. 

Good to see you’re alive and well.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

This place is a glory hole

Strangers become friends here.

This place needs more Observer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Hey buddy.  Are you still overseas? How's life treating you?

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Hey buddy.  Are you still overseas? How's life treating you?

Yeah.

I put all my money into renting and funishing a commercial area to make our school legal and professional looking and we're in the scary time where we got a temporary licence so the money is invested but we've not got the permanent license. It's even more scary when all the conversations are in Chinese and I only half understand what's going on. I've been expecting the worst but... eh... no problems thus far such that I've feeling more calm and stopped looking over my shoulder anticipating legal looophole problems.

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Yeah.

I put all my money into renting and funishing a commercial area to make our school legal and professional looking and we're in the scary time where we got a temporary licence so the money is invested but we've not got the permanent license. It's even more scary when all the conversations are in Chinese and I only half understand what's going on. I've been expecting the worst but... eh... no problems thus far such that I've feeling more calm and stopped looking over my shoulder anticipating legal looophole problems.

Yeah, that does sound like it would be scary. Hope everything works out for you.  👍

10 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

How did I miss this thread the first time around?  :dunno:

You were probably too busy celebrating the new Super Bowl Champs. 🍻

45 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I just so happened to ask him about his daughter the last time I spoke with him. She graduated from WVU last May and has a marketing job in Philadelphia.  Making as much at 23 than her old man did at 40.  Newbie lives with a woman who was born and raised in Nanticoke. I'm sure you heard of that place.   :cheers:   

Of course, it's 15 minutes from Wilkes-Barre where I grew up.  My dad was a foreman in a shoe factory there back in the day, and one of my best friends grew up there (and I met him in Phoenix, go figure).  My next door neighbor is from there as well, small freaking world. 

Congrats on your daughter, it is a huge relief to have your kid fly the nest.  My son got an EE degree last year and is working in marketing at a tech company, in fact he is in Dallas on the company dime until September on a rotational gig.

:cheers:

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Jesus H. Chrysler back in the building.

:lol:

You go boy.

Jesus Chrysler. I remember that guy. Great poster. 😁

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Of course, it's 15 minutes from Wilkes-Barre where I grew up.  My dad was a foreman in a shoe factory there back in the day, and one of my best friends grew up there (and I met him in Phoenix, go figure).  My next door neighbor is from there as well, small freaking world. 

Congrats on your daughter, it is a huge relief to have your kid fly the nest.  My son got an EE degree last year and is working in marketing at a tech company, in fact he is in Dallas on the company dime until September on a rotational gig.

:cheers:

Yeah, I was worried that she'd get stuck having to waitress or take some other job outside of her degree. She was very fortunate. Graduated on a Saturday and started her job on the Monday after.

Nice deal for your son. When you say a 'rotational gig', does that mean he'll get relocated to one of their other locations in September?

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Yeah not really...

12 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Yeah, I was worried that she'd get stuck having to waitress or take some other job outside of her degree. She was very fortunate. Graduated on a Saturday and started her job on the Monday after.

Nice deal for your son. When you say a 'rotational gig', does that mean he'll get relocated to one of their other locations in September?

Actually no, his permanent job is here in Phoenix, about 1.5 miles from our house.  It's weird, this section of the tech community is pretty tight knit and we all know each other.  But somehow, there is a decent sized office close to us that nobody in that community seems to know about.  Regardless, we will be happy to have him nearby.  :cheers:

Funny you mention waiting, my same son worked at Dave and Busters during college as a waiter.  At one point he told me "Dad, the GM of this place pulls down a lot of coin, I should do this!"  My response was "yeah, that's bull, and the job sucks on top of it."  I'm happy he got a job which can leverage his tech skills.  :thumbsup: