Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

IBL 2008?

I'd like to throw my name in the hat, but I don't think I'll have the time to commit to it this year.

GL though guys once you get it going. :rolleyes:

If you come across the time to do this, I would definitely vouch for you to be part of the team. Think about it, its a lotta fun.

when do you guys plan on making a decision on new league members?

We have plenty of time really, but it would be nice to at lest get some confirmation of intention from last year's members if only to assess how much new blood we will have.

We should try to get at least a few new people in each year to avoid having this thing turn into a purely veteran enterprise that suddenly forces the site to sport a totally rookie team for a few years. We need the transfer of knowledge etc...

That being said traditionally all "applicants" get a fair review and the returning members vote by selection unless there are so few interested that the newbs simply slide right in...

If you come across the time to do this, I would definitely vouch for you to be part of the team. Think about it, its a lotta fun.

Hey, thanks Smitty. I really would like to, but at this point in time I know I really couldn't give a fair commitment to it.

Maybe next year, or even in a few weeks or something when I'm a bit more situated, just right now I know I've got some other things I'll have to focus on. :rolleyes:

I like this idea and obviously don't bring the credentials to be involved now, but it's interesting and if possible I'd like to see draft results from last year.

Are there 5 FFtoday teams or just 5 leagues with each of the members we nominate having a team in each league or how does this work? Trading between leagues? So it's possible to have the same players multiple times in a league? I'm sorta confused. :thumbsdown:

I like this idea and obviously don't bring the credentials to be involved now, but it's interesting and if possible I'd like to see draft results from last year.

Are there 5 FFtoday teams or just 5 leagues with each of the members we nominate having a team in each league or how does this work? Trading between leagues? So it's possible to have the same players multiple times in a league? I'm sorta confused. :bandana:

It is kinda confusing at first, there is so much to get used to that it can seem overwhelming. Basically, there are just 12 of us FFTers spread out over the 5 drafts(each of the 5 boards has their own 12 members). You can trade between the different drafts so long as you only have one copy of a player on a given roster. To compete you really have to trade into the other drafts, some of us made half, or more, of our picks in a draft that wasnt our 'own'. I could go on, but thats IBL in a nutshell.

Resume'?

:dunno:

What would you like in way of a resume? I been doing fantasy football for over 10 years. I have won a few times lost some other times I am crrently in a dynasty and a redraft league. I am very competitive. My biggest strike I would assume is that my posting and rants are not as often as others. Been watching and have played organized football for close to 30 years. Obiviously the played part is when i was younger. this is my only web site for fantasy football due to if you can get past all the flamming and rants there is some good info can be found. Rants and flammings are good reads though. so please le me know what you want as far as a resume goes. No one knows me I would assume. I also know I am a long shot, but I must say I will be a breathe aof fresh air and I will do what it take to get us back on top for years to come.

What would you like in way of a resume? I been doing fantasy football for over 10 years. I have won a few times lost some other times I am crrently in a dynasty and a redraft league. I am very competitive. My biggest strike I would assume is that my posting and rants are not as often as others. Been watching and have played organized football for close to 30 years. Obiviously the played part is when i was younger. this is my only web site for fantasy football due to if you can get past all the flamming and rants there is some good info can be found. Rants and flammings are good reads though. so please le me know what you want as far as a resume goes. No one knows me I would assume. I also know I am a long shot, but I must say I will be a breathe aof fresh air and I will do what it take to get us back on top for years to come.

:overhead:

Thanks for the bio, honestly. I really said that mostly tongue-in-cheek. The veterans will, over the course of the offseason, determine who to add and it's nice to know the people that we're discussing a little.

:banana:

Thanks for the bio, honestly. I really said that mostly tongue-in-cheek. The veterans will, over the course of the offseason, determine who to add and it's nice to know the people that we're discussing a little.

:huh: We need to emphasize the need for new blood every year, and bring in 3 or 4 new people where possible to keep this thing rolling along. :mad:

Current IBL members - - I need to scratch my name off the possible owner list. My vacation is booked in Destin August 1st - 8th. I think this is prime time for the IBL and I might not look at a computer for 8 days :cheers: .

Current IBL members - - I need to scratch my name off the possible owner list. My vacation is booked in Destin August 1st - 8th. I think this is prime time for the IBL and I might not look at a computer for 8 days :mad: .

Do not let that solely be your determination, joc. The right candidates can be worked with, if they can work within the team. Just saying . . .

There will be a draft date that works for you joc. I was in Canada for 7 days last year and left around the 7th to 9th round. We communicate our wants and the team does a great job looking out for you. FFT really has the sysytem down. That is why we are the team to beat every year and hold the best winning percentage in the IBL.

Thanks Dan and Remote. I host a B-14 national tennis tourney until July 11th ish. I will have plenty of time between July 13th through 30th, then vacation, then I'm great from August 8th until the Super Bowl.

If this time frame can work - I'm good.

I can be prepared beforehand, but really will be out of reach in the first week of August. Let me know. I would love to be a part of the IBL!

Looks like our FFT dynasty league will fold so I will need another to keep me busy. As I have particpating previously and I know you are looking for new blood, I will through my name out there as a last resort for the team if you should find yourself in a bind.

Looks like our FFT dynasty league will fold so I will need another to keep me busy. As I have particpating previously and I know you are looking for new blood, I will through my name out there as a last resort for the team if you should find yourself in a bind.

I am thinking about starting my own Dynasty league here on FFT, maybe I can go to Mike now and see what can be put together.... :pointstosky:

I am thinking about starting my own Dynasty league here on FFT, maybe I can go to Mike now and see what can be put together.... :unsure:

League members need to pass the finger test?

League members need to pass the finger test?

I am astonished you would even ask.... :huh:

Sometimes.....I don't even know who you are.... :huh:

If DO wants in and we already got it filled - he can have my spot. He's a good player and solid guy - definite vouch !

If they do expand and let livewire in then I think that Doc would go with LW.

If they do expand and let livewire in then I think that Doc would go with LW.

:pointstosky: ;)

Jocstrap - just too much time boys :thumbsdown: . I love it, but can't commit that much time. Bring home the :shocking: I'll be pulling for ya :music_guitarred:

Jocstrap - just too much time boys :lol: . I love it, but can't commit that much time. Bring home the :banana: I'll be pulling for ya :overhead:

Understood.

How does free agency work?

Record?

Bidding $$$?

:mad:

Waiver requests are processed Wednesday night in reverse order of standing, then the following Thursday morning @11:00 there's first come first served.

I am more interested in the IBTL league :pointstosky:

I am more interested in the IBTL league :pointstosky:

You only say that because you know that you couldnt handle the IBL.

The news on the IBL isn't good. Zach is no more, as far as being with FSW. We need a plan!

We should recruit him here! If it werent for Zach, I doubt the league would have even happened last year.

The news on the IBL isn't good. Zach is no more, as far as being with FSW. We need a plan!

Who is Zach? :dunno:

Just a heads up, the IBL board is down, and so is FSW. Not sure what this means for this league, but it does not look good.

Just a heads up, the IBL board is down, and so is FSW. Not sure what this means for this league, but it does not look good.

i clicked on zach's website and got danica patrick??? is zach a woman??? :nono:

Did V4E step down as commish? If so, who's the new one for FFT?

With the downfall of FSW and usawins.com, Sports Outlaws has set up a temp board/forum (could be a permanent replacement for usawins) for the commish's to talk about the future IBL plans.

Who ever the FFT IBL commish is, please email me. And I can give you the link to the new forum. TIA

With a crash and burn of FSW, I have to speculate that the 4 Board League might be over too. I haven't heard from anybody involved with the league yet, and it's late May. I'm captain of the FFT squad, and our quest might be over too.

With a crash and burn of FSW, I have to speculate that the 4 Board League might be over too. I haven't heard from anybody involved with the league yet, and it's late May. I'm captain of the FFT squad, and our quest might be over too.

Who was the FSW contact for the 4BL? A lot of those guys have migrated over to Sports Outlaws (sorry Mike, not intended as a x-promotion). Maybe they're there :music_guitarred:

wow what a drama.......i just read this entire thread and the one on the danzone.....looks like some of our team from last year has defected to " sports outlaws " whatever that is...and that site is going to join the IBL??? huh??? not to mention a couple of players have mentioned they won't be returning....and only a few from last year have stated they will be in.... currently it seems we don't even know who our commish will be this year....and now the site( fantasysportswire) that started the IBL and was our home...has been bought out and the entire league in is in limbo for 2008....and it's june??? :headbanger:

i wasn't sure if i was going to return to the IBL this year... for reasons i'll explain at a later date...but the looming recession projects a slow summer season for my business....so i'll have plenty of time on my hands starting now .....just for the time being ( and if vikes doesn't want to do it ) i'll nominate myself to be " temporary commish " for FFTODAY just so i can help steer us through this time and provide some leadership...this will be my 4th year in the league and i have the rules/format etc. downpat....and also to make sure we secure our spot for this season and the ones beyond- FFTODAY has always been a solid fixture in this league and there should always be a place in the IBL for this website.....we'll figure out in the next few weeks who will be the " permanent " commish here on our team...this of course if no one has any objections.......

IN FOR 2008 :nono:

:shocking: :wub: :(

This is certainly unexpected. What communication has anyone had with the other boards? I know a couple people over in the war rooms, and maybe they can tell me.

Someone will have to take a big step up with Zach no longer in the equation...... :thumbsup:

This is certainly unexpected. What communication has anyone had with the other boards? I know a couple people over in the war rooms, and maybe they can tell me.

Someone will have to take a big step up with Zach no longer in the equation...... :thumbsup:

I'm coordinating the discussions. I've been in contact with The Huddle, Footballguys, and Sports Outlaws commissioners so far. I'm still waiting on duk (FSW) and anyone from KFFL. Since the WarRoom bailed last season I haven't bothered contacting them yet.

I've also been in contact with Volt and sent an email to Fumble.

Who is Zach? :ninja:

He basically ran the FSW website and hosted the IBL league on another site of his called usawins. He worked his butt off for the very intricate league. 5 sites with 12 owners split among 5 leagues with 5 separate pools of players. We had 5 drafts that started with in about 3 weeks of each other and you could trade in to any of them. It is a wild a crazy experience and the best league around. FFT has the best winning %, wrestling that away from FSW during last season. replacing Zach is gonna take a commitment by somebody or some board.