Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Season Opener:

Seems like a good game to me. :dunno:

Well sure, this game may ultimately determine who gets third place in their division and who gets 4th.

Well sure, this game may ultimately determine who gets third place in their division and who gets 4th.

are you seriously on the iggles bandwagon?

werent u saying the same bull$hit last yr...and what happened, the giants ended up winning it all...go suck my left nut...and ur name really says it all...u really "wiffed" at that one

werent u saying the same bull$hit last yr...and what happened, the giants ended up winning it all...go suck my left nut...and ur name really says it all...u really "wiffed" at that one

Actually, no. The NYG, WAS -in fact, that whole division is pretty damn "meh" - and hardly worth mentioning. But, if you'd like to go find me saying this, go for it sport. The search function is your friend. Until then, I gues you've "wiffed" too. You sound like quite the mature one. Guessing you jumped on the bandwagon right around week 15. :lol:

are you seriously on the iggles bandwagon?

I would no more jump on the "iggles bandwagon" than jump on Rosie O'Donut's peemus.

Actually, no. The NYG, WAS -in fact, that whole division is pretty damn "meh" - and hardly worth mentioning.

The division sent three teams to the playoffs including the eventual champ and the whole division is "meh"?

ME SO ZORNY!!

:thumbsdown:

Actually, no. The NYG, WAS -in fact, that whole division is pretty damn "meh" - and hardly worth mentioning. But, if you'd like to go find me saying this, go for it sport. The search function is your friend. Until then, I gues you've "wiffed" too. You sound like quite the mature one. Guessing you jumped on the bandwagon right around week 15. :bench:

Along with the AFC South, the NFC East is the best division currently in football. I'm not sure I see your point.

Along with the AFC South, the NFC East is the best division currently in football. I'm not sure I see your point.

AFC west was the consensus best division going into last season, NFC east could easily suck next year :bench:

Take a look at the NFC East's recent history. I've posted on this before. From '99 to 2006, the "three teams that went to the playoffs out of that division last year" amassed a whopping 8 winning records between the three of them. That's 8 winning seasons among three teams in eight seasons. to my way of thinking, that's a pretty "meh" division.

The NYG were a 10-6 team regular season wild-card team. Their 5th year QB, Eli Manning, put up worse regular-season numbers than first full year QB Jay Cutler.

I'm not trying to be a hater, nor am I trying to "bait" anybody. I think their post-season run is one of legend. But this is a franchise that in the 11 years prior to this past season only had 3 winning seasons. The last time the NYG put up a 10-6 record to come in 2nd in their division, they immediately followed that up with a 4th place 4-12 season. So, I'm not exactly looking for a dynasty run just yet.

Dallas-Washington used to be one of the highlight games of the season. But that was a long time ago. Dallas put up 6 non-winning season in the last 10 years prior to this last season. Washington? 7. Yawn.

Everybody's all twitterpated about the NYG, and that's understandable. But bear in mind, half of the teams in the NFC have been to the Super Bowl in the past 10 years. - Getting to the SB in the NFC ain't exactly a challenge. The fact that 3 of the NFCE teams made it to the NFC playoffs says a lot more about the abysmal weakness of the other 3 NFC divisions (each only having one team with a winning season) than the quality of the NFC East.

I can agree with that.

The NFC East teams have been to 19 Super Bowls while winning 11 of them. They can't go every year but they have been to just under half of all SB'S combined. 19 out of 43 = :pointstosky: .

If the Eagles could ever win one their division S.B record would be even better. :angry:

Take a look at the NFC East's recent history. I've posted on this before. From '99 to 2006, the "three teams that went to the playoffs out of that division last year" amassed a whopping 8 winning records between the three of them. That's 8 winning seasons among three teams in eight seasons. to my way of thinking, that's a pretty "meh" division.

The NYG were a 10-6 team regular season wild-card team. Their 5th year QB, Eli Manning, put up worse regular-season numbers than first full year QB Jay Cutler.

I'm not trying to be a hater, nor am I trying to "bait" anybody. I think their post-season run is one of legend. But this is a franchise that in the 11 years prior to this past season only had 3 winning seasons. The last time the NYG put up a 10-6 record to come in 2nd in their division, they immediately followed that up with a 4th place 4-12 season. So, I'm not exactly looking for a dynasty run just yet.

Dallas-Washington used to be one of the highlight games of the season. But that was a long time ago. Dallas put up 6 non-winning season in the last 10 years prior to this last season. Washington? 7. Yawn.

Everybody's all twitterpated about the NYG, and that's understandable. But bear in mind, half of the teams in the NFC have been to the Super Bowl in the past 10 years. - Getting to the SB in the NFC ain't exactly a challenge. The fact that 3 of the NFCE teams made it to the NFC playoffs says a lot more about the abysmal weakness of the other 3 NFC divisions (each only having one team with a winning season) than the quality of the NFC East.

Thats some serious bit of rationalization there.

In defense of my Giants, I would also add that in the past 3 years, the Giants have been the playoffs each year and have won 1 Super Bowl (obviously last year). I don't see why they would suddenly suck this year. :rolleyes:

In defense of my Giants, I would also add that in the past 3 years, the Giants have been the playoffs each year and have won 1 Super Bowl (obviously last year). I don't see why they would suddenly suck this year. :doublethumbsup:

I'll add that in the last 24 Super Bowls the Giants are 1 of ony 4 teams to win 3 Super Bowls.

Since the 1985 S.B only the 49ers, Cowboys, Patriots and Giants have won 3 times each.

I'd say that puts the Giants right up there in regards to who the upper class of NFL teams are.

And 2 of them are from the NFC East.

I'll add that in the last 24 Super Bowls the Giants are 1 of ony 4 teams to win 3 Super Bowls.

Since the 1985 S.B only the 49ers, Cowboys, Patriots and Giants have won 3 times each.

I'd say that puts the Giants right up there in regards to who the upper class of NFL teams are.

And 2 of them are from the NFC East.

3 winning seasons in 11 years is an "upper class NFL team?"

You had to go back a quarter of a century to get that stat? Wow.

You had to go back a quarter of a century to get that stat? Wow.

Reached the playoffs in three consecutive seasons (Pats, Indi, and Seattle are the only others to do so) and just won a SB. Seriously, what else do you want?

Reached the playoffs in three consecutive seasons and just won a SB. Seriously, what else do you want?

I'll take another one of these------> :dunno:

TIA :ninja:

where the hell are you getting this stat?

where the hell are you getting this stat?

Winning season: More wins than losses:

But you're right, my bad 4 winning seasons in 12 years between 1995-2006. 6 losing seasons & 2 .500 seasons in the same 12 year span. Not exactly stellar.

But you're right, my bad 4 winning seasons in 12 years between 1995-2006. 6 losing seasons & 2 .500 seasons in the same 12 year span. Not exactly stellar.

so you were wrong and why aren't you counting last season? why stop at 2006? does that make your argument stronger if we exclude most recent history?

this game will have the lowest ratings in the history of NFL openers, competing with the Republican National Convention and all :D

Actually, no. The NYG, WAS -in fact, that whole division is pretty damn "meh" - and hardly worth mentioning. But, if you'd like to go find me saying this, go for it sport. The search function is your friend. Until then, I gues you've "wiffed" too. You sound like quite the mature one. Guessing you jumped on the bandwagon right around week 15. :overhead:

Go toss your towel all you want buddy. I grew up in New York and been a Giants fan since I knew what football was when I was a kid. Im not going to make inquiries on your feelings to the game because I'm not an immature ###### to go after someone I don't know, so YOU do some searching before opening up your pie hole an question someones feelings towards their favorite team. :overhead: , right back at you sport.

And why are you being such a hater? How much did you bet on the Pats to beat the Giants. Is that why you hate them so much. These Giants are not the same Giants 5 years ago, ok buddy, teams change, fact is the past 3 seasons Giants have made it to the playoffs with 3 non-losing seasons in a row. How many teams can say that? Just take it easy a bit and quit trying to play the hating game.

VIKES-PACK TO OPEN MNF DOUBLE-HEADER

The first game of the post-Favre era will be televised nationally on ESPN in prime time.

According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the Green Bay Packers will host the Minnesota Vikings at 7:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, September 8.

A second game, undoubtedly featuring a West Coast team as the home team, will kick off after 10:00 p.m. EDT that same night.

The league is expected to announce the full Week One slate of nationally-televised games and the Thanksgiving Day (and night) contests on Monday.

profootballtalk.com

And why are you being such a hater? How much did you bet on the Pats to beat the Giants. Is that why you hate them so much.

Typical NYG fan. I never said I hate them. I have said I thought their post season run is the stuff of legend. Does THAT sound like a hater? Hell, I was only one of 2 people rooting the NYG in a sportsbar filled with band-wagoneering Pat's "fans".

I said they were a pretty meh team in meh division. I then justified my position with the records of the NYG and their division. The Seahags have been to the playoffs with winning seasons - FOUR years in a row - including a SB appearance - with far more wins in their last 3 seasons than the NYG. Another "meh" team in a "meh" division.

You know the last time the NYG went 10-6? 5 years ago. Know what they did after that? 4-12. Followed by 6-10.

4 winning seasons in 12 years doesn't do much for me. 6 years of crap and 2 years of mediocrity is a pretty high price to pay for the occasional good run.

Compare that to a team like the Denver Broncos - 1996-2006 they put together NINE winning seasons out of ELEVEN YEARS. - Including 7 post-seasons and TWO Super Bowl wins.

I'd rather a team be consistently good. Post consistently winning records and playoff runs. To me that's better, more entertaining, better quality football than 8 years of crap and one Super Bowl win. In the end, It's a matter of taste, not fact.

You can love your team all you want. That's the point of being a fan. But don't :shocking: when somebody else takes an objective look at them.

so you were wrong and why aren't you counting last season? why stop at 2006?

Yes, 8 losing seasons in 12 years is SO much better than 8 losing seasons out of 11. Please, forgive me. How could I slander such a team like that? :banana:

We're not looking at any one year. If that's the case, the Chicago bears are an "upper class NFL team". :shocking: The key is the totality of the product year by year. If the NYG can manage to string together a series of winning seasons and successful playoff appearances, they'll get their due. Before last season, they were a .500 ball club. Yeah, they made the playoffs (wildcard - they lost instantly - just as they did the year before that). And Chicago went to the Superbowl. Maybe that says more about the NFC than it does the NYG.

Yes, 8 losing seasons in 12 years is SO much better than 8 losing seasons out of 11. Please, forgive me. How could I slander such a team like that? :headbanger:

once again, where the HELL are you getting these stats? :banana: since 1997 the giants have had 4 losing seasons, 2 8-8 years and 5 winning records.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/

2007 NFL New York Giants* 10 -6 -0

2006 NFL New York Giants* 8 -8 -0

2005 NFL New York Giants* 11 -5 -0

2004 NFL New York Giants 6 -10 -0

2003 NFL New York Giants 4 -12 -0

2002 NFL New York Giants* 10 -6 -0

2001 NFL New York Giants 7 -9 -0

2000 NFL New York Giants* 12 -4 -0

1999 NFL New York Giants 7 -9 -0

1998 NFL New York Giants 8 -8 -0

1997 NFL New York Giants* 10 -5 -1

next time use that towel you're waving around to wipe the drool from your chin. :banana:

once again, where the HELL are you getting these stats? :banana: since 1997 the giants have had 4 losing seasons, 2 8-8 years and 5 winning records.

You can cherry pick all you want sport:

Why'd you drop off 95 where they went 5-11??

Why'd you drop off 96 where they went 6-10??

The 12 seasons from 95-2006 - Using YOUR numbers and the two years you conveniently left off, I"m seeing 8 non-winnnig seasons out of 12 seasons. WTF are YOU seeing? As I've said, prior to this season, that's 6 years of crap and 2 years of mediocrity: 8 seasons of non-winning records in a 12-season run. Not exactly stellar in my book. :headbanger:

You can cherry pick all you want sport:

Why'd you drop off 95 where they went 5-11??

Why'd you drop off 96 where they went 6-10??

The 12 seasons from 95-2006 - Using YOUR numbers and the two years you conveniently left off, I"m seeing 8 non-winnnig seasons out of 12 seasons. WTF are YOU seeing? As I've said, prior to this season, that's 6 years of crap and 2 years of mediocrity: 8 seasons of non-winning records in a 12-season run. Not exactly stellar in my book. :banana:

non-winning records? :headbanger: i guess, that fits your argument better than the term you originally used.

why did i leave off 95 and 96? because you originally said this:

my stats are from the last 11 years. jeez, this is focking tedious. :banana:

non-winning records? :rolleyes: i guess, that fits your argument better than the term you originally used.

why did i leave off 95 and 96? because you originally said this:

my stats are from the last 11 years. jeez, this is focking tedious. :wacko:

I already admitted I made the mistake. Then I corrected it to 12 years and you read it. I know that, because you quoted it. I'll do it again:

Yes, 8 losing seasons in 12 years is SO much better than 8 losing seasons out of 11. Please, forgive me. How could I slander such a team like that?

So, WHY again did you drop those two years off?? :overhead:

And the term I originally used was "3 winning seasons". You quoted it yourself. Then I corrected it to 4, how do I know that? You quoted it yourself. And - The opposite of a winning season is WHAT? Yes, a NON-Winning season!!!! (yay! tell him what he wins gail!!)

Man, you're just getting nowhere fast, are you? But thank you for letting me continue to belabor the point. Prior to last year, the NYG could only muster 4 winning seasons in 12 years. - Yep, that's a "top tier NFL team, right there!" 2/3rd of the time, they can't even break .500!! :lol:

BTW: Nice use of my terminology, axshole. Come up with your own lexicon. You're like some retarded little brother who learns a new word from the big kids.

ok, i'm done. i don't have to argue the stats, they're posted for all to see. i'm not going get into some torridesque head spinning circular debate of semantics. "non-winning seasons" :rolleyes:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/

2007 NFL New York Giants* 10 -6 -0

2006 NFL New York Giants* 8 -8 -0

2005 NFL New York Giants* 11 -5 -0

2004 NFL New York Giants 6 -10 -0

2003 NFL New York Giants 4 -12 -0

2002 NFL New York Giants* 10 -6 -0

2001 NFL New York Giants 7 -9 -0

2000 NFL New York Giants* 12 -4 -0

1999 NFL New York Giants 7 -9 -0

1998 NFL New York Giants 8 -8 -0

1996 NFL New York Giants 6 -10 -0

so, there are the last 12 seasons. here's the count: 5 winning seasons, 6 playoffs births, 5 losing seasons and 2 .500 season. THE END.