Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Really tragic story

Baytown police are investigating the death today of a full-term baby whose 14-year-old mother allegedly tried to flush her infant down the toilet at Baytown's Cedar Bayou Junior High School.

The unidentified girl, a student at the school, had gone to the restroom where the baby was born, according to Lt. Eric Freed.

"The child cried, and then the mother tried to flush the baby down the toilet," he said.

Baytown's Goose Creek school offiicals are at the scene.

Another student was in the bathroom and tried to help the pregnant teen, an official at the school said. The student left the bathroom and reported the situation to a school nurse. The nurse and an assistant principal rushed to the bathroom.

The student has been taken to Baytown Hospital. The Harris County Medical Examiner's Office has picked up the infant.

The incident occurred just three days after a 14-year-old girl delivered a stillborn fetus in the bathroom of a Continental Airlines jet that arrived at George Bush Intercontinental Airport. Harris County prosecutors said today they will not file charges against the teenager in that case.

14 Y.O. children having babies. What's wrong with this world?

And, it got me to thinking:

Why do women think that terlets and garbage disposals are like the teleporters on Star Trek? They seem to view these mysterious things as unstoppable magical disappearing tools. Friggin women clog these things up all the time. Look, there are LIMITS to what can be flushed and disposed. Men understand this. It's not a difficult concept. Women of all people should understand that holes are only so big.

Back to the tragic story....

Why do women think that terlets and garbage disposals are like the teleporters on Star Trek? They seem to view these mysterious things as unstoppable magical disappearing tools. Friggin women clog these things up all the time. Look, there are LIMITS to what can be flushed and disposed. Men understand this. It's not a difficult concept. Women of all people should understand that holes are only so big.

:overhead:

14 Y.O. children having babies. What's wrong with this world?

Let's see, we have many posts here about sexy and underage girls, and I'm pretty sure you even go on about stuff like that. You guys are too old, though it happens. Think about having the mindset you do and actually being the age where it's legal. There ya go. It's funny you're asking.

Also :cheers:, for good measure.

Let's see, we have many posts here about sexy and underage girls, and I'm pretty sure you even go on about stuff like that. You guys are too old, though it happens. Think about having the mindset you do and actually being the age where it's legal. There ya go. It's funny you're asking.

Also :music_guitarred:, for good measure.

OMG, I TOTALLY agree.

"Why are 14 year olds getting pregnant?"

"OMG, check out this hottie...and only 4 more years until she's legal! Can you only imagine?!"

OMG, I TOTALLY agree.

"Why are 14 year olds getting pregnant?"

"OMG, check out this hottie...and only 4 more years until she's legal! Can you only imagine?!"

Should have expected an ignorant statement like this from you. One, I don't think anybody (other than GFIAFP maybe) has said a 14 y.o. is a "hottie". Maybe 16-18, but not that. 2nd, just because you say someone is attractive doesn't mean you're going to fock them. Third, short of rape, dontcha think maybe this 14 y.o. murdering nit-wit had a LITTLE something to do with this??

Geebus. Focking Stupid. She's a whoare who killed her own baby so as not to get in trouble. - Without a man in sight. But yeah, somehow, it's the fault of middle aged men on a chat bored 2000 miles away.

Brilliant. :music_guitarred:

Should have expected an ignorant statement like this from you. One, I don't think anybody (other than GFIAFP maybe) has said a 14 y.o. is a "hottie". Maybe 16-18, but not that. 2nd, just because you say someone is attractive doesn't mean you're going to fock them. Third, short of rape, dontcha think maybe this 14 y.o. murdering nit-wit had a LITTLE something to do with this??

Geebus. Focking Stupid. She's a whoare who killed her own baby so as not to get in trouble. - Without a man in sight. But yeah, somehow, it's the fault of middle aged men on a chat bored 2000 miles away.

Brilliant. :music_guitarred:

Jeesus, project much?

Without a man in sight...I agree. But who the fock focked her to knock her up? Talk about focking stupid.

Brilliant. :overhead:

She definitely has to do with it, that's not being debated.

If you consider this board and the sexual emphasis everywhere as being indicative of where people's minds are at- you know kids in high school are right there along with it. My school paper has a weekly column about sex and phrases like "giving head" are actually in it. In one edition, across from that collumn they had an article about the rate of stds increasing in the region, ghonorreah tripling since 2004 and so on. :headbanger: Reminds me of a line from Cold Mountain if this stuff took place of the war.

"They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Sh!t, it's raining!'

Another child GFIAFP won't have to pay child support for.

I blame this entire tragedy on those Al Gore Save the World types---This crisis could of been averted if schools weren't forced to buy LOW-FLOW toilets to save a couple drops of water---HIGH FLOW toilet would of sucked that baby down in one flush!

If you consider this board and the sexual emphasis everywhere as being indicative of where people's minds are at- you know kids in high school are right there along with it. My school paper has a weekly column about sex and phrases like "giving head" are actually in it. In one edition, across from that collumn they had an article about the rate of stds increasing in the region, ghonorreah tripling since 2004 and so on. :music_guitarred: Reminds me of a line from Cold Mountain if this stuff took place of the war.

"They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Sh!t, it's raining!'

Are you in high school? For some reason I thought you were college age. :bench:

If you consider this board and the sexual emphasis everywhere as being indicative of where people's minds are at- you know kids in high school are right there along with it. My school paper has a weekly column about sex and phrases like "giving head" are actually in it. In one edition, across from that collumn they had an article about the rate of stds increasing in the region, ghonorreah tripling since 2004 and so on. :lol: Reminds me of a line from Cold Mountain if this stuff took place of the war.

Very well put.

If you consider this board and the sexual emphasis everywhere as being indicative of where people's minds are at- you know kids in high school are right there along with it. My school paper has a weekly column about sex and phrases like "giving head" are actually in it. In one edition, across from that collumn they had an article about the rate of stds increasing in the region, ghonorreah tripling since 2004 and so on. :lol: Reminds me of a line from Cold Mountain if this stuff took place of the war.

Well no damn wonder there seem to be so many young whores, you actually publish stuff to encourage this type of behavior. :thumbsup:

I blame this entire tragedy on those Al Gore Save the World types---This crisis could of been averted if schools weren't forced to buy LOW-FLOW toilets to save a couple drops of water---HIGH FLOW toilet would of sucked that baby down in one flush!

Close. The liberals have been sexualizing our children at younger and younger ages for a long time now. Before you know it, some nutjob will say we need to teach our kids about sex younger since so many STDs are becoming more an more common in the youths. These sickos will probably want to teach sex ed in 1st or 2nd grade before to long, if they don't already do it some places now. Of coarse it will be disguised as health education or something similar.

They will probably use the most stupid excuse of all as well. You know the one I am talking about. The one where these sickos say "Well, so many of are kids are going to have sex anyway, we need to make sure we teach them how to do it safely." That is about as weak as an argument as anyone could make.

:lol:

Close. The liberals have been sexualizing our children at younger and younger ages for a long time now. Before you know it, some nutjob will say we need to teach our kids about sex younger since so many STDs are becoming more an more common in the youths. These sickos will probably want to teach sex ed in 1st or 2nd grade before to long, if they don't already do it some places now. Of coarse it will be disguised as health education or something similar.

They will probably use the most stupid excuse of all as well. You know the one I am talking about. The one where these sickos say "Well, so many of are kids are going to have sex anyway, we need to make sure we teach them how to do it safely." That is about as weak as an argument as anyone could make.

:lol:

Education=Bad

Education=Bad

No. You are just trying to pretend like you don't understand. Lousy try though.

Are you in high school? For some reason I thought you were college age. :)

college

college

Ok, that's what I thought. Plus, I was gonna feel really guilty about all those "wanna fock" comments if you were like.....14......

But why would you feel it is bad for a college newspaper to talk about sex? Realistically, most people in college have had some sexual experience, even if it didn't include

intercourse.

Oh, and one more thing.........

Wanna Fock??? :)

Ok, that's what I thought. Plus, I was gonna feel really guilty about all those "wanna fock" comments if you were like.....14......

But why would you feel it is bad for a college newspaper to talk about sex? Realistically, most people in college have had some sexual experience, even if it didn't include

intercourse.

Oh, and one more thing.........

Wanna Fock??? :dunno:

Age doesn't matter, it's the fixation culture has. I don't think it's bad because it's a college newspaper, but that the mentality is embraced anywhere. We're not just "sexually liberating" as a society, we're becoming depraved, and we definitely aren't setting a good example for teenagers. Why would we expect them to behave better when everyone else isn't? Also it actually seems like the younger generation is more astute about this stuff earlier on, which is kind of scary. Look at rates of abortion and stds in the UK, they're always somewhat ahead of us on all the stuff to look forward to. People probably attribute western societies' difficulties with it to it the fact we have had to shift from a more generally 'prude' culture to an open one, but the truth is, everything gets boring after a while when you totally let go into prurient interests and you'll have to find the next interesting thing. That's why anal sex has become more mainstream. No matter what measures people try to take to be healthy about it, physical disease and other problems are going to enter the picture when people let themselves be like animals. I'm not advocating sexual repression, but we need to stop kidding ourselves and calling depravity liberation. Look at the cultures where there HAS been total abandon, they're usually backward in all aspects. People need to connect that, quality of character is going down and quality of life will follow as a result.

Trying....to....stay....out....of....this....thread.....

Very split here between these emoticons... :thumbsup: / :D

Age doesn't matter, it's the fixation culture has. I don't think it's bad because it's a college newspaper, but that the mentality is embraced anywhere. We're not just "sexually liberating" as a society, we're becoming depraved, and we definitely aren't setting a good example for teenagers. Why would we expect them to behave better when everyone else isn't? Also it actually seems like the younger generation is more astute about this stuff earlier on, which is kind of scary. Look at rates of abortion and stds in the UK, they're always somewhat ahead of us on all the stuff to look forward to. People probably attribute western societies' difficulties with it to it the fact we have had to shift from a more generally 'prude' culture to an open one, but the truth is, everything gets boring after a while when you totally let go into prurient interests and you'll have to find the next interesting thing. That's why anal sex has become more mainstream. No matter what measures people try to take to be healthy about it, physical disease and other problems are going to enter the picture when people let themselves be like animals. I'm not advocating sexual repression, but we need to stop kidding ourselves and calling depravity liberation. Look at the cultures where there HAS been total abandon, they're usually backward in all aspects. People need to connect that, quality of character is going down and quality of life will follow as a result.

I agree with much of what you say. Unfortunately, if you want to live in a society that is truly free, or as close as possible, you're gonna have to allow people to do those things. And I do think quality of character as well as quality of life are going down although I'm not sure if I'd blame sexual depravity for it. But that's another thread :pointstosky:

You forgot to answer my last question....... :pointstosky:

Dam you. I was thinking the same thing. :pointstosky:

I agree with much of what you say. Unfortunately, if you want to live in a society that is truly free, or as close as possible, you're gonna have to allow people to do those things. And I do think quality of character as well as quality of life are going down although I'm not sure if I'd blame sexual depravity for it. But that's another thread :overhead:

You forgot to answer my last question....... :doublethumbsup:

It's not the sole factor. I agree people should have the right to collectively degenerate if they want and besides, laws can't change mindsets.

It's not the sole factor. I agree people should have the right to collectively degenerate if they want and besides, laws can't change mindsets.

Wow. So you're saying people's enjoyment of sex is somehow making us worse people? I find that hard to believe.

Sex has always been enjoyable, and people have always done it. The downfall of our society will be laziness and greed. The average person's sex life will have very little impact.

:wave:

you forgot to blame Clinton. :thumbsup:

you forgot to blame Clinton. :overhead:

While Bill played a role in this, It's not his fault. It has been happening before he even got elected POTUS.

i hate wiffle but the use of the word terlet must be applauded.

our country sends young people mixed messages about sex as well as not providing them a means of protection.

in colombia they have these little hotel buildings that can be rented by the hour and my friend told me that it is where all the young people go to have sex. she didn't know where the young people in the united states went. all this sneaking around and pretending to be chaste leads to risky behaviors. also, young people without jobs cannot buy their own contraceptives.

fyi:

The Netherlands has a teen birth rate thirteen times lower than that in the U.S. In Germany, sexually transmitted disease rates are up to 25 times lower than ours; and, in France, the teen abortion rate is one-third that in the U.S. In all these countries, teens begin having sex later than their U.S. peers.

We found a health care system that covers all young people—while in the U.S., four million adolescents are uninsured.

We found that virtually no subject was off limits in their sexuality education campaigns—while, in Washington, Congress puts a quarter billion dollars into sexuality education programs that prohibit the mention of contraception.

We found that policymakers in these countries treated sex as a public health issue driven by research, while U.S. politicians treat sex as a political issue driven by controversy.

The U.S. could learn a few things from Europe. Most importantly about the value of an open and pragmatic approach to adolescent sexualityone that promotes rather than censors information and provides rather than restricts services.

Wow. So you're saying people's enjoyment of sex is somehow making us worse people? I find that hard to believe.

Sex has always been enjoyable, and people have always done it. The downfall of our society will be laziness and greed. The average person's sex life will have very little impact.

No. It should be enjoyed, it shouldn't be obsessed about though.

An emphasis on it that gets in the way of other things., ie...will make us lazy, and also unhealthy emphasis is the :wub: