Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Detroit Tigers

this is almost as fun as watching suffering raidus fans :overhead:

:overhead:

I heard on the radio that yesterday the Chisox went 3 whole innings without pitching a ###### ball!!!!!! Amazing, im sure there are no records of this crap but that has to be one of them.

BWAHHAAH

The fat cats got paid and...... <_<

Screw it. I've been a die hard Tigers fan since I was 4, the earliest sports memory I have is 1-0 over the Jays on the final day of the season to win the division, I had the '86 team's stats memorized at 5 and until I was 9 I could run off the score of every game for the first month of the season...I've been through the 1-13 streak that killed playoff hopes in 1993 and their run as the worst team in baseball for nearly a decade and a half, and NEVER have I been this disgusted. It is time to humiliate some of these clowns. You can't cut their pay, you can't send them to the minors, the only thing you can do to get a message across is bench them and start someone like Ryan Rayburn in their spot.

Nice :doh:

focking losers

:P

DUMB

Swirven got his hand slapped.

He bets against them a day after Leyland sticks lit marlboros up their asses.

He bets against them a day after Leyland sticks lit marlboros up their asses.

For 7 innings it was the right call. They still played like sh*t, they just got some offense for 2 innings. Starting pitching failed, Seay failed, another couple errors. A win is a win, but they hardly ran out onto the field with conviction.

quite the catch in left to end it...not the route u want to take to catch it...

had he missed it, it wouldve been tied...hard to believe that was the first home win...

could be the first of a 12 game winning streak....

quite the catch in left to end it...not the route u want to take to catch it...

had he missed it, it wouldve been tied...hard to believe that was the first home win...

could be the first of a 12 game winning streak....

Lets not get carried away. How about they manage a TWO game winning streak before we get our hopes up.

chi sox lose, indians lose, the tigs (bottom feeders) beat the twins, and the royals win. It was a good yesterday :wall:

Don't fret Tiger's fans, Joe Borowski will soon be available to close for you.

Don't fret Tiger's fans, Joe Borowski will soon be available to close for you.

Thats the sad thing, our closer hasn't been a part of our massive problems so far. You don't need to replace your closer if you only run him out once a week.

Thats the sad thing, our closer hasn't been a part of our massive problems so far. You don't need to replace your closer if you only run him out once a week.

Yes you do, he's TODD FREAKIN' JONES!

My point is that unless the rest of the team stops playing like a AAA team it won't matter who closes games because we won't have games to close out. Replacing Todd Jones is important in getting over the hump from AL contender to title contender, but at the moment we aren't playing even close to AL CENTRAL contender.

My point is that unless the rest of the team stops playing like a AAA team it won't matter who closes games because we won't have games to close out. Replacing Todd Jones is important in getting over the hump from AL contender to title contender, but at the moment we aren't playing even close to AL CENTRAL contender.

Oh no doubt. We all know the Tigers won't go 60 and 100, so there will be a time when Todd Jones blows a few games right when the Tigers needed them most.

Leland needs to do some shifting of the lineup. I know we won yesterday but things still need to be done.

Miggy should not be playing. He is hurt and is hurting us on D by playing through the pain. The other night he cost us runs when he could not get to a routine popup at first for verlander.

Sheffield should be moved to play the field. He is off right now and may need to be involved in playing the field to get going again.

Guillen needs to be the DH. We can't afford for his bat to be out of the lineup but he needs to be able to heal. You can tell after watching him that he is hurt.

Grilli need to be shot, hung, drawn and quartered and then his body needs to be burned for good measure.

i hate todd jones as much as the next guy, but he is the least of the worries especially this year. he was pretty good last year actually. A little nerve wracking to watch but ultimately he got the job done more often than not.

Twins(Minnesota) Baker

Tigers(Detroit) Robertson 04/15/08(19:05 ET)

Twins(Minnesota) +121

Let's try this again :unsure:

he was pretty good last year actually. A little nerve wracking to watch but ultimately he got the job done more often than not.

I would have said that, word for word about Joe Borowski. That's the problem with those finesse, icy veins, wiley veterans. If they just don't have it one day, have a bit of a physical problem, or they just finally hit a wall- the wheels completely fall off.

I would have said that, word for word about Joe Borowski. That's the problem with those finesse, icy veins, wiley veterans. If they just don't have it one day, have a bit of a physical problem, or they just finally hit a wall- the wheels completely fall off.

[cough] Kenny Rogers [/cough]

...is through

Polonco: .149

Sheffield: .222

Cabrera: .196

Rodriguez: .217

Jones: .194

Team BA: .251

Starting pitcher ERA: 6.31

Runs for: 44 (13 games)

Runs against: 87

Errors: 10

This team is failing in every aspect of the game. You can count the players who are playing even average or just below average on one hand (we need a 'looking at the ground shaking head' smilie..or maybe a facepalm one).

It is actually merciful that FSN is choosing to show meaningless end of the season Pistons games over Tigers games.

For the second time in 4 days, Sheffield blows a runner on third one out situation. Down 1 run, tying run at third with one out. What do you do? FOUL OUT TO THE CATCHER! Focking clutch. </racism>

Twins(Minnesota) Baker

Tigers(Detroit) Robertson 04/15/08(19:05 ET)

Twins(Minnesota) +121

Let's try this again :doublethumbsup:

Crap I suck

Uh oh...my friend stopped chatting on AIM immediately after the Cabrera homer. I'm afraid he may have gone into cardiac arrest (Tigers fan and Cabrera owner).

Meanwhile...Todd Jones time! Getting beat by Craig Monroe, lmfao.

Todd Jones

Almost your hero and savior per usual but the cardiac kid gets anudder saver.

the tigers are about to go on an 8 game winning streak..or win 9 of 11...probably will get decent odds since theyve been losing..this team is fine...

joe borowski is done though..not that anyone cares about the injuns..

the tigers are about to go on an 8 game winning streak..or win 9 of 11...probably will get decent odds since theyve been losing..this team is fine...

joe borowski is done though..not that anyone cares about the injuns..

Jesus I hope so. I worry about our pitching though. I assume the hitting will come around eventually. The teams hitters are too good. The pitching though has been terrible. We can't win normally if we give up 9 runs like we did the other day.

Jesus I hope so. I worry about our pitching though. I assume the hitting will come around eventually. The teams hitters are too good. The pitching though has been terrible. We can't win normally if we give up 9 runs like we did the other day.

the brewers arent much different....braun and prince batting around 200...hall around 200...

the best hitters have been kapler and kendall..yeah, really..and kapler jarred his shoulder chasing flies during bp...NOT smart..esp after being given the starting cf gig for awhile :dunno:

how milwaukee is 8-5, im not sure...but sheets better stay healthy...

as it warms up..so should the hitting...

This series will begin to put things into perspective. If the Tigers are truely turning it around, they gotta roll the Injuns 2 straight xs. Carmona vs. Verlander will be a :popcorn: game on Thursday.

This series will begin to put things into perspective. If the Tigers are truely turning it around, they gotta roll the Injuns 2 of 3.

That would be quite the trick seeing how they only have a 2 game series. :doublethumbsup:

Figures that we get them on CC and Carmona's nights.

Let's keep it up

Tigers(Detroit) Galarraga

Indians(Cleveland) Sabathia 04/16/08(19:05 ET)

Indians(Cleveland) -159

That would be quite the trick seeing how they only have a 2 game series. :overhead:

Figures that we get them on CC and Carmona's nights.

It's funny you pointed that out because seconds after I typed it, I figured I better check just to be sure and sure enough it's a 2 gamer. :music_guitarred:

So the newbie gets three nice looking outs on Sizemore/Hafner/Martinez.

Too bad Dellucci took him yard in between.

Oh shi-

Miggy might be awake. 2 run blast.

my monies :pointstosky:

If you guys want me to continue to bet against them I may need to start taking up a collection though paypal