Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Detroit Tigers

Edgar Renteria, best #7 hitter in the league.

Because it is somehow clever to keep your best hitter in the bottom third of the order.

Because it is somehow clever to keep your best hitter in the bottom third of the order.

Yea but he may not hit as well at the top of the lineup. I mean he is a good hitter but we have a lineup of good hitters. Some days they click and you say mannn this is the team I was thinking we would have and then somedays they just look lost.

Yea but he may not hit as well at the top of the lineup. I mean he is a good hitter but we have a lineup of good hitters. Some days they click and you say mannn this is the team I was thinking we would have and then somedays they just look lost.

.308 in his limited time at the top. As soon as Granderson is back they should go 1-2 (Edgar hit just fine as a 2 in Atlanta).

As for the team in general, I can't take them seriously until their starters get their ERAs under 5. The hitting isn't the main reason we have sucked, it's the fact we have 2 quality starts in 20 games and 4 of our 5 opening day starters have ERAs over 6.

.308 in his limited time at the top. As soon as Granderson is back they should go 1-2 (Edgar hit just fine as a 2 in Atlanta).

As for the team in general, I can't take them seriously until their starters get their ERAs under 5. The hitting isn't the main reason we have sucked, it's the fact we have 2 quality starts in 20 games and 4 of our 5 opening day starters have ERAs over 6.

The 2 quality starts coming from Armando Galarraga?

Its true that our starters have sucked. Verlander looked good tonight. But thats only because I did not start him.

Doyle Alexander is available. Wait....maybe that was John Smoltz I was thinking about.

WOW.

DETROIT -- In a surprising shakeup for the Tigers defensively, manager Jim Leyland has made Miguel Cabrera the team's new fulltime first baseman and Carlos Guillen the starter at third base.

"It makes us a better team," Leyland said after the Tigers beat the Rangers, 10-2, in a game Guillen started at first and Cabrera started at designated hitter.

Cabrera, who this year has been playing first base for the first time, has looked very comfortable there.

Guillen, who moved from shortstop to first after the offseason trade for Edgar Renteria, has struggled with his foot work there, often ending up in the runner's way.

The move is believed to be permanent.

WOW.

DETROIT -- In a surprising shakeup for the Tigers defensively, manager Jim Leyland has made Miguel Cabrera the team's new fulltime first baseman and Carlos Guillen the starter at third base.

"It makes us a better team," Leyland said after the Tigers beat the Rangers, 10-2, in a game Guillen started at first and Cabrera started at designated hitter.

Cabrera, who this year has been playing first base for the first time, has looked very comfortable there.

Guillen, who moved from shortstop to first after the offseason trade for Edgar Renteria, has struggled with his foot work there, often ending up in the runner's way.

The move is believed to be permanent.

:thumbsup: Link? I mean, I can understand it to some degree but it seems like a panic move. It's April 22nd for the sake of jeebus.

Wow. They pulled the plug pretty quickly on both of those two. They were talking up Miggy at 3rd all spring long and then he soils the sheets for a couple weeks and they blow it up.

Skip means business.

Wow. They pulled the plug pretty quickly on both of those two. They were talking up Miggy at 3rd all spring long and then he soils the sheets for a couple weeks and they blow it up.

Skip means business.

I dont understand why they don't just put inge back at 3rd and carlos at DH.

I dont understand why they don't just put inge back at 3rd and carlos at DH.

You don't pay Sheffield the kind of bucks we are to ride the pine.

You don't pay Sheffield the kind of bucks we are to ride the pine.

You also don't pay him the kind of bucks we are to hit .192 with 1 hr and 2 rbi. Not to mention the fact that all he has done is either walk or ground into double plays.

You also don't pay him the kind of bucks we are to hit .192 with 1 hr and 2 rbi. Not to mention the fact that all he has done is either walk or ground into double plays.

With that kind of logic, we would have Cabrera riding the pine and Polonco outside waving cars into parking spots. You gotta be patient with hitters in April.

With that kind of logic, we would have Cabrera riding the pine and Polonco outside waving cars into parking spots. You gotta be patient with hitters in April.

I HATE sheffield. I think he is over the hill and hated it when we got him in the first place. I doubt we could trade him but if we could we should for any kind of pitching we could get for him. We have younger players that we need to have playing all the time. Clete Thomas should never be out of the lineup.

Besides the finger injury sheffield has said that he is having problems with his shoulder.

The batting average is not so much what i am worried about as the double plays. I know he leads the team in them and i wonder if he leads the league.

Gary Sheffield received a cortisone shot in both shoulders Tuesday and is expected to be sidelined for several more days.

"Whatever they do, I can't look at it," Sheffield said. "I always have to hold someone's hand. I'm going to be a little more cautious. I'm told a wait of three days is realistic."

What a f@g. He has to hold someones hand?

:music_guitarred:

You can't win if you can't pitch good on a consistent basis. Hopefully our SP can start getting into the 6th and 7th innings so that we can limit the times Miner & Grilli touch the ball. Fock do we miss Zumaya :overhead:

The 2 quality starts coming from Armando Galarraga?

Its true that our starters have sucked. Verlander looked good tonight. But thats only because I did not start him.

Galarraga's 2nd start was not a QS.

Kenny had one in his first game and V got one last night to go along with Galarraga's gem his first time out :music_guitarred:

:music_guitarred:

You can't win if you can't pitch good on a consistent basis. Hopefully our SP can start getting into the 6th and 7th innings so that we can limit the times Miner & Grilli touch the ball. Fock do we miss Zumaya :overhead:

I will be honest I don't mind minor as much as I do grilli. I have said all along if you are going to put grilli on the mound you might as well send inge up there. At least then you can tout him as a TRUE super utliility player that can play ANY position. Honestly he can't possibly be any worse then grilli.

I will be honest I don't mind minor as much as I do grilli. I have said all along if you are going to put grilli on the mound you might as well send inge up there. At least then you can tout him as a TRUE super utliility player that can play ANY position. Honestly he can't possibly be any worse then grilli.

I've been bashing Grilli for sometime now as well, and deservedly so but have you or anyone for that matter looked at Miner's numbers from this year...OMFG

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7783

In 10 IP.... 15 ER, 17 H and 9 fvcken walks.....

As for Grilli....

In 10.2 IP ... 5 ER, 11 H and only 7 BB :music_guitarred: ....head and shoulders outpicthing Miner right now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6466

I've been bashing Grilli for sometime now as well, and deservedly so but have you or anyone for that matter looked at Miner's numbers from this year...OMFG

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7783

In 10 IP.... 15 ER, 17 H and 9 fvcken walks.....

As for Grilli....

In 10.2 IP ... 5 ER, 11 H and only 7 BB :music_guitarred: ....head and shoulders outpicthing Miner right now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6466

I did not know that his numbers were so bad. It just seems like every time grilli comes in he gives up runs.

I did not know that his numbers were so bad. It just seems like every time grilli comes in he gives up runs.

I didnt either until my ol man pointed it out....absolutley pitiful.

Grilli has put together 4 straight solid outings.... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

8.1 IP, ZERO RUNS and only 3 hits and 3 BB's. :music_guitarred:

my texas rangers are the freaking dallas mavericks of the 90's - jeebus we sux. might be the worst franchise in all of sports. :music_guitarred:

my texas rangers are the freaking dallas mavericks of the 90's - jeebus we sux. might be the worst franchise in all of sports. :music_guitarred:

I know how you feel. At least the rangers never lost 119 games.

I went to maybe 30 games the year we lost 119 and you got to know the people there because you seen the same ones over and over.

Not to mention that you never knew who any of the players were.

Hell I would take a joint to the skyline seats and NO ONE would be up there. I mean NO ONE.

The Detroit News reports that the Tigers have activated Curtis Granderson (hand) from the 15-day disabled list.

The paper says Granderson is in the starting lineup on Wednesday night, and that Clete Thomas will be optioned to Triple-A.

Are you kidding me? How dumb. I am glad we are getting curtis back but there is NO reason thomas should be sent down. This has got to be one of the dumbest mistakes the tigers have made so far.

I cut him after 2 weeks, I'm a focking idiot :dunno:

Lets see...

- still hitting Pudge #2 even though he should be 8th...way to be stubborn Jim.

- team can't pitch, can't field. Rogers gives up 9 hits and 3 walks in 3 1/3, runs scored on an error, wild pitch, and following two bobbled double plays

Lets see...

- still hitting Pudge #2 even though he should be 8th...way to be stubborn Jim.

- team can't pitch, can't field. Rogers gives up 9 hits and 3 walks in 3 1/3, runs scored on an error, wild pitch, and following two bobbled double plays

Bum no name bullpen is actually doing a pretty good job the past few weeks.

What a spark Grandy provides :overhead:

2-4 3R and 2 RBI's in first game :first:

Benched him today, but he is back in my lineup tomorrow

19-6? Holy sh!t batman.

Don't waste all your runs in one game guys.

What a spark Grandy provides :overhead:

2-4 3R and 2 RBI's in first game :unsure:

best player on the team, I've been getting tired of telling peeps I know: just wait till grandy is back

Mags!!!

Miggy is pissed he clears the bases for him all the time :pointstosky:

Took Rangers in all 3 games and on the series

Benched him today, but he is back in my lineup tomorrow

Ditto....and a leadoff HR baby :pointstosky:

Runs are coming in bunches now.....just need the SP's to throw strikes and get through 6 innings.

Bondo is starting to worry me. He seems to have fell off a bit.

Bondo is starting to worry me. He seems to have fell off a bit.

It's not Bondo, it's Chuck Hernandez the pitching coach. He wants theys guys to throw perfect pitches and pick at the corners and it's not their game. Bondo and Verlander are throwers, not pitchers. They need to rear back and throw the ball by people. Enough of these 0-2/1-2 counts turning into 3-2 counts and walks. Go after these hitters. Challenge these fockers.

Robertson is what he is. He's a .500 pitcher. You can't polish a turd. Rogers is through in my opinion. His previous injury/surgery has affected his control and without it, he's worthless because he keeps having to the throw the ball right down woodward avenue to get it over the plate at 87mph. A recipe for disaster.

Jury is still out on Willis. My gut tells me is that he's going Ankiel with his control problems.