5 27 (162)

7 30 (237)

• Round 2, Pick 5 (36) (From Jets) Jordy Nelson WR 6'3" 217 Kansas State
  • Round 2, Pick 25 (56) (From Browns) Brian Brohm QB 6'3" 227 Louisville
  • Round 2, Pick 29 (60) Patrick Lee DB 6'0" 200 Auburn
  • Round 3, Pick 28 (91) Jermichael Finley TE 6'5" 243 Texas
  • Round 4, Pick 3 (102) Jeremy Thompson DE 6'5" 264 Wake Forest
  • Round 4, Pick 29 (128)
  • Round 4, Pick 36 (135) (Compensatory selection)
  • Round 5, Pick 27 (162)
  • Round 7, Pick 30 (237)

Green Bay is in excellent shape with 3 picks in the top 60 to load up on some depth and positions of need. I'm excited to see how Thompson plays this draft because there are a LOT of players who are ready now to have an impact on this season.

If the Packers stay at #30 who do you guys want? (players who will realistically be there)

Who I want in order:

1. Kenny Phillips- Safety- Miami

2. A. Cason- CB- Arizona

3. Aquib Talib- CB- Kansas (outside shot of being there)

Who I will be unhappy with:

1. Dustin Keller- TE- Purdue

2. Brandon Flowers- CB- VA Tech

3. Any real reach without trading down.

I think we need Collins to move to a backup role, I'd love Phillips. He may be hyped up due to previous Safetys from The U, but at #30 his skills are too good to pass on.

I like Cason a lot. I think he is the 4th best CB in the draft, maybe even 3rd above Mike Jenkins.

I don't really like Talib, but if he makes it to #30 it would be alright to pick him. I just don't think he is a top 15-20 pick like many people think.

We don't need Keller. Lee did fine. Where was Keller on boards before the Combine? If we are to take a TE in round 1 it better be a guy that can catch, run and block. Keller can't block. There is no TE worth taking this high. We can pick Fred Davis, Bennett, or Carlson with one of the 2nd round picks.

Flowers is short.

Please don't pull another Justin Harrell TT!! Although I will still give the player a chance. But that was a reach last year.

Antoine Cason. At 30, I would like him more than anyone else. I actually would like him more than pretty much any corner in the draft. He fits the Packers scheme, he's done nothing but play great football, seems like a good kid. Maybe he didn't have the combine like Cromartie, But I'd rather have a football player than a combine champ, and that's Cason.

After that, who knows. I say BPA, hopefully that falls in line with an OT or TE.

I think those of you calling for safety at 30 may be dissapointed. I get the impression that Green Bay really likes Aaron Rouse. A lot. And he looked pretty good filing in last season. I agree we need to get Collins out, but if Rouse's tackling improves this year, I think it's his job.

Corner is a need, and value may indeed meet need here.

I don't think there is anyway the draft TE in round 1.

In fact, I predict they'll draft Jermichael Finely later.

I think those of you calling for safety at 30 may be dissapointed. I get the impression that Green Bay really likes Aaron Rouse. A lot. And he looked pretty good filing in last season. I agree we need to get Collins out, but if Rouse's tackling improves this year, I think it's his job.

Corner is a need, and value may indeed meet need here.

I don't think there is anyway the draft TE in round 1.

In fact, I predict they'll draft Jermichael Finely later.

I thought Green Bay had two of the league's best corners......

I thought Green Bay had two of the league's best corners......

They do. But they are 32-34 years old. With little to no depth behind them.

They do. But they are 32-34 years old. With little to no depth behind them.

Yep, when the Packers were forced into nickel situations the nickel back was repeatedly torched, especially earlier in the year. Getting a young, stud corner would make me really happy.

If the Packers stay at #30 who do you guys want? (players who will realistically be there)

Who I want in order:

1. Kenny Phillips- Safety- Miami

2. A. Cason- CB- Arizona

3. Aquib Talib- CB- Kansas (outside shot of being there)

Who I will be unhappy with:

1. Dustin Keller- TE- Purdue

2. Brandon Flowers- CB- VA Tech

3. Any real reach without trading down.

I think we need Collins to move to a backup role, I'd love Phillips. He may be hyped up due to previous Safetys from The U, but at #30 his skills are too good to pass on.

I like Cason a lot. I think he is the 4th best CB in the draft, maybe even 3rd above Mike Jenkins.

I don't really like Talib, but if he makes it to #30 it would be alright to pick him. I just don't think he is a top 15-20 pick like many people think.

We don't need Keller. Lee did fine. Where was Keller on boards before the Combine? If we are to take a TE in round 1 it better be a guy that can catch, run and block. Keller can't block. There is no TE worth taking this high. We can pick Fred Davis, Bennett, or Carlson with one of the 2nd round picks.

Flowers is short.

Please don't pull another Justin Harrell TT!! Although I will still give the player a chance. But that was a reach last year.

I have heard all the talk about the Pack not having any major needs, but I feel they have two major needs, and two minor ones. Major needs are: the ability to cover a TE on defense, and some semblence of a return game. The minor needs being a TE, who can block, to compliment Lee, and a good Fullback to replace Henderson. The general concensus is the Pack needs CB's to fill in behind to aging vets, and a DT for the rotation. The right DT will not fall to to pick 30, and Sims won't do. We tried the Will Farrell thing last year, and that is in the process of busting. There is a chance the Cason or Talib will be there, but I wish the Pack would wait for Antwan Mulden in the third.

I would love it if Mayo fell to 30, which a month ago was a given. This would give us the scariest batch of LB's in the league and the abilty to easily cover a TE. The guy is a freak and we have the luxary to grab the best athlete in the first, and not a knee jerk reach. (like Farrell):mad: Round two grab me Martellus Bennett, the best TE in the draft. For the 2 picks in round 3 I'd take an instant return game with Chris Johnson, not to mention a great all around back, to upgrade Morency, then grab Atwan Mulden. Okay.....fire away! :hide:

I have heard all the talk about the Pack not having any major needs, but I feel they have two major needs, and two minor ones. Major needs are: the ability to cover a TE on defense, and some semblence of a return game. The minor needs being a TE, who can block, to compliment Lee, and a good Fullback to replace Henderson. The general concensus is the Pack needs CB's to fill in behind to aging vets, and a DT for the rotation. The right DT will not fall to to pick 30, and Sims won't do. We tried the Will Farrell thing last year, and that is in the process of busting. There is a chance the Cason or Talib will be there, but I wish the Pack would wait for Antwan Mulden in the third.

I would love it if Mayo fell to 30, which a month ago was a given. This would give us the scariest batch of LB's in the league and the abilty to easily cover a TE. The guy is a freak and we have the luxary to grab the best athlete in the first, and not a knee jerk reach. (like Farrell):mad: Round two grab me Martellus Bennett, the best TE in the draft. For the 2 picks in round 3 I'd take an instant return game with Chris Johnson, not to mention a great all around back, to upgrade Morency, then grab Atwan Mulden. Okay.....fire away! :hide:

Mayo would be nice. I think we need to go BPA unless it happens to be a QB, RB, or WR.

I disagree big time on Chris Johnson. All he would be is a return guy. I doubt he will give us anything close to Hester numbers, so why blow a 2nd on this guy? He won't make it at RB.

I think our return game was better last year. Williams and Blackman are both solid return guys in my opinion....

Mayo would be nice. I think we need to go BPA unless it happens to be a QB, RB, or WR.

I disagree big time on Chris Johnson. All he would be is a return guy. I doubt he will give us anything close to Hester numbers, so why blow a 2nd on this guy? He won't make it at RB.

I think our return game was better last year. Williams and Blackman are both solid return guys in my opinion....

You are wrong on Johnson. He can catch too. I see a Tiki Barber/Westbrook type player here. The return game is simply a bonus, and you see what that can do for you. I see him as the single most impactfull offensive player in this draft. I'm including his return yards and TD's in offense. Many think he is a much better runner than Westbrook at this point, and that really can't be questioned.

I didn't say 2nd round either. I said take him with one of their two 3rd rounders. I took Bennett in the 2nd.

I didn't say 2nd round either. I said take him with one of their two 3rd rounders. I took Bennett in the 2nd.

The Packer don't have 2 3rd rounders.

They have 2 seconds. :mad:

I guess I will just have to disagree with you on this one.

The Packer don't have 2 3rd rounders.

They have 2 seconds. :mad:

I guess I will just have to disagree with you on this one.

My brainfart! Sorry! I was mixing some things up, but will agree to disagree with you on Johnson.

I was hoping for Mayo in the first, Bennett then Johnson in the 2nd, and Molden in the third. Just so we don't jump off the edge for Flowers or Sims!

My brainfart! Sorry! I was mixing some things up, but will agree to disagree with you on Johnson.

I was hoping for Mayo in the first, Bennett then Johnson in the 2nd, and Molden in the third. Just so we don't jump off the edge for Flowers or Sims!

I like Bennett in the 2nd. And I do like Molden too.

I'm hoping for.

1st- Phillips

2nd- O-Line help

2nd- Bennett

3rd- Molden

or

1st- Cason

2nd- Reggie Smith

2nd- Bennett

3rd- O-Line help

I like Bennett in the 2nd. And I do like Molden too.

I'm hoping for.

1st- Phillips

2nd- O-Line help

2nd- Bennett

3rd- Molden

or

1st- Cason

2nd- Reggie Smith

2nd- Bennett

3rd- O-Line help

I would be happy with both. What do you know about Chillar? Can he cover the TE out of the backfield? I would love Mayo at #30.

Mayo or Cason. I want a local boy at Safety, from Army in the 6th. Caleb Campbell

I would be happy with both. What do you know about Chillar? Can he cover the TE out of the backfield? I would love Mayo at #30.

Mayo or Cason. I want a local boy at Safety, from Army in the 6th. Caleb Campbell

I've heard different things about Chillar. I always though he was a faster LB made to cover. But then I have heard different. I don't think it would be bad if him and Popps rotated every once in a while, and in certain situations.

Seems like Collins always ends up doing a lot of 1 on 1 with TEs, and he just can't. I think a solid Saftey along with a solild Nickle CB would help a lot with our Covering problems. I doub't Mayo will be there, if he is it could be tempting.

We predict many of the same positions, in a few hours watch some wild card get drafted. Or most likely we will trade down until we take up half of teh 7th round.

Mel and Todd both have Johnson as the #5 back in this draft!

Mel had Mike Williams as the best player in the draft 3 years ago.

Mel had Mike Williams as the best player in the draft 3 years ago.

Many had him a top 5 overall, then he became a Lion!!! The Lion part trumps all! :shocking:

Many had him a top 5 overall, then he became a Lion!!! The Lion part trumps all! :shocking:

Yea your right about the Lions!

But many could see it coming. How can you have a WR who sat out a year, that runs like a TE, as your #1 overall guy???

I I want a local boy at Safety, from Army in the 6th. Caleb Campbell

That's my boy they just talked about on ESPN!!! Caleb!!!! Local boy! Word is Coughlin is going to grab him on day two, but I did hear Thompson talk about him on E-60 a few days back. He is 6'2'' 220 and used to run 4.38. He had a knee issue but is a full year and a half recovered. He ran low 4.4's at the combine. Kid has an unbelievable motor and will impact whatever team he lands on. His little brother is missing a leg from the knee down , and is a USA para-olympian record holder. He was faster than Caleb, and bigger. The NYC market ran a story on the three Campbell boys titled. Tough, Tougher, and Toughest. Caleb was "Tough", little brother Jeremy was "Tougher", and Big brother, the Bull Rider "Toughest!"

Great story, Great Family! High hopes here in the Panhandle!!!! :shocking:

Traded down. That shouldn't surprise anyone.

Picked up an extra 4th.

If the Pack takes a QB, I will kill myself!

I've heard they told Rodgers that he shouldn't be concerned if they take a QB in the 1st round. I'm with you. I hope they don't (in the 2nd now).

where can I find updated draft day trades? I wan to know what the Pack traded for #30 to the Jets.

thx (I can't find this info on NFL.com)

where can I find updated draft day trades? I wan to know what the Pack traded for #30 to the Jets.

thx (I can't find this info on NFL.com)

Got Jets 2nd rounder (#36)

4th rounder (#113)

packers.com

very surprising!!

i thought a lineman or defense was going to be the choice here...

a little confused...is this guy a return guy??? he's over 6'2"...not prototypical slash and dash guy.

2008 year of the 6 WR sets!! (4 o-linemen??)

very surprising!!

a little confused...is this guy a return guy??? he's over 6'2"...not prototypical slash and dash guy.

Think he's more of a possesion WR. They worried about Driver getting old? :unsure:

very surprising!!

I know nothing about him.

Seems like a return guy maybe. Big kid.

I thought a WR would be drafted...just not this early for them.

Driver will not be around for ever. Neither will KRob.

Odd pick for sure.

Think he's more of a possesion WR. They worried about Driver getting old? :unsure:

He and Krob I guess.

Not sure why else go there.

But..TT is not a draft for need kind of guy...but a best player on his board kind of guy.

I thought if WR it would have been Jackson...but maybe he sees this guy as a better all around WR than Jackson who might just be a return guy.