Sign in to follow this  
fixedrate

Anyone care to take an early stab

I know its early but being all things equal, anybody care to put their top 12 picks out there.....standard scoring

I know its early but being all things equal, anybody care to put their top 12 picks out there.....standard scoring

I did a CBSSportsline Mock a bit ago, here are the results if it helps.

Round 1

1 Team Team* LaDainian Tomlinson (RB SD)

2 Honoluluicecaps Adrian Peterson (RB MIN)

3 the mean one Steven Jackson (RB STL)

4 poacher75 Brian Westbrook (RB PHI)

5 FUBAR Tom Brady (QB NE)

6 car bomb Peyton Manning (QB IND)

7 narbs* Frank Gore (RB SF)

8 TheBrewCrew* Clinton Portis (RB WAS)

9 NC Larry Johnson (RB KC)

10 Ironman 140* Joseph Addai (RB IND)

Round 2

11 Ironman 140* Randy Moss (WR NE)

12 NC Tony Romo (QB DAL)

13 TheBrewCrew* Terrell Owens (WR DAL)

14 narbs* Willis McGahee (RB BAL)

15 car bomb Marion Barber (RB DAL)

16 FUBAR Marshawn Lynch (RB BUF)

17 poacher75 Andre Johnson (WR HOU)

18 the mean one Julius Jones (RB SEA)

19 Honoluluicecaps Braylon Edwards (WR CLE)

20 Team Team* Drew Brees (QB NO)

Of course, the * picks are autopicks...

I've done a few mocks in the past week or two. Here's the general trend from what I've seen:

LT

AD

SJax

Westy

Addai

Brady

Moss

Portis

Gore

Barber

LJ

McGahee

The second round usually has included (in no particular order):

Wayne

TO

Edwards

A. Johnson

Fitz

Manning

Romo

Grant

R. Brown

MJD

Lynch

Lewis

Guys with good value seem to be:

Thomas Jones & Roethlisberger (round 5)

Bulger & Engram (round 7)

Delhomme (round 9)

Campbell, Rodgers and Warner are rarely drafted.

Much of this will change though in the next 3 months.

Here's the consensus rankings for the first twelve picks from an opponent site:

1. Tomlinson

2. Peterson

3. Westbrook

4. Jackson

5. Addai

6. Moss

7. Brady

8. Gore

9. L.Johnson

10. Portis

11. M.Barber

12. Lynch

The first five are pretty locked in, I think, for most people in whatever order one chooses...after that, there is some variance.

I did a CBSSportsline Mock a bit ago, here are the results if it helps.

Round 1

1 Team Team* LaDainian Tomlinson (RB SD)

2 Honoluluicecaps Adrian Peterson (RB MIN)

3 the mean one Steven Jackson (RB STL)

4 poacher75 Brian Westbrook (RB PHI)

5 FUBAR Tom Brady (QB NE)

6 car bomb Peyton Manning (QB IND)

7 narbs* Frank Gore (RB SF)

8 TheBrewCrew* Clinton Portis (RB WAS)

9 NC Larry Johnson (RB KC)

10 Ironman 140* Joseph Addai (RB IND)

Round 2

11 Ironman 140* Randy Moss (WR NE)

12 NC Tony Romo (QB DAL)

13 TheBrewCrew* Terrell Owens (WR DAL)

14 narbs* Willis McGahee (RB BAL)

15 car bomb Marion Barber (RB DAL)

16 FUBAR Marshawn Lynch (RB BUF)

17 poacher75 Andre Johnson (WR HOU)

18 the mean one Julius Jones (RB SEA)

19 Honoluluicecaps Braylon Edwards (WR CLE)

20 Team Team* Drew Brees (QB NO)

Of course, the * picks are autopicks...

that looks right on but wouldnt julius jones be a HUGE reach at that pick. I expect him to have a nice fresh start with hasselbeck and all but wow....18 overall. ??? Tj Duckett is his only comp along with mo morris and he is young but I wouldnt take him until late 4th early 5th if at all.

who knows??? :banana:

Here are the first 2 rounds of a mock that I took part in

1.01 Peterson, Adrian RB MIN

1.02 Tomlinson, LaDainian RB SDC

1.03 Jackson, Steven RB STL

1.04 Addai, Joseph RB IND

1.05 Westbrook, Brian RB PHI

1.06 Brady, Tom QB NEP

1.07 Gore, Frank RB SFO

1.08 Barber, Marion III RB DAL

1.09 Moss, Randy WR NEP

1.10 Johnson, Larry RB KCC

2.01 Lynch, Marshawn RB BUF

2.02 Portis, Clinton RB WAS

2.03 Grant, Ryan RB GBP

2.04 McGahee, Willis RB BAL

2.05 Maroney, Laurence RB NEP

2.06 Parker, Willie RB PIT

2.07 Jones-Drew, Maurice RB JAC

2.08 Owens, Terrell WR DAL

2.09 Manning, Peyton QB IND

2.10 Bush, Reggie RB

that looks right on but wouldnt julius jones be a HUGE reach at that pick. I expect him to have a nice fresh start with hasselbeck and all but wow....18 overall. ??? Tj Duckett is his only comp along with mo morris and he is young but I wouldnt take him until late 4th early 5th if at all.

who knows??? :pointstosky:

I actually just drafted him at the 5.7 spot

1. AP- Don't understand why he doesnt get more love as the top pick

2. LT

3. Westbrook

4. Jackson

5. Addai

6. LJ

7. Moss

8. Brady-make up the difference with his 35+ tds

9. Gore

10. P. Manning

11. M. Barber

12. Lynch

honorable mention: Portis & Grant

Why so much love for McGayhee???

1. Tomlinson

2. Peterson (Min.)

3. Jackson

4. Westbrook

5. Addai

6. Portis

7. Gore

8. Moss

9. Brady

10. LJ

11. Lynch

12. McGahee

If the draft were right now, I would still be hesitant to draft Moss and Brady that early, but that's about where I think they should be value-wise.

1. Adrian Peterson - All the talent in the world and hopefully an injury-free year means domination.

2. Ladanian Tomlinson - One of the true featured backs in the league whose floor is 1700 total and 13 TDs.

3. Steven Jackson - If healthy, he is a top 3 talent and a top 3 producer in an offense with an improved line.

4. Frank Gore - Another true featured back. The offense will be built around this guy.

5. Brain Westbrook - Injury and age concerns. Recent reports of decreased workload create an unsettling feeling.

6. Marion Barber III - Should have every change to be a 3-down back in a good offense. Felix Jones is a bit of a concern.

7. Ryan Grant - See above. No competition, and the Pack have done nothing to suggest they aren't confident in Grant as a full-time guy.

8. Joseph Addai - I like his versatility and talent, but I don't like the way he is spelled so much and his injury concerns.

9. Larry Johnson - Another featured guy wtih lots of talent. I think KC will be better than some think, but his production will certainly be lower than every other year.

10. Maurice Jones-Drew - Still in the RBBC, but produces like a no.1 when he has rushes, recepts, and return yardage and scores combined.

11. Willie Parker - Rashard will take some carries, but this team will ride Willie for 2 more years until his contract is up, then hand the reigns to Mendenhall.

12. Ronnie Brown - If healthy, his ability to enter the top 5 is unquestioned. But he isn't, so here he falls until proven again.

I know Moss and Brady will produce big numbers, but I think last year was indeed an an anomoly. I don't take QBs or WRs in the first round ever, so that's why they aren't listed.

1. LT - until somebody has a better season than him, he's #1

2. AP - we'll hear about his horrible QB and injury history all summer, but his explosion is unmatched, even by LT.

3. SJAX - during a six game stretch after he came back from injury he has long runs of 37, 53, 50, 54, 46, and 36..are you kidding me?

4. Addai - didn't have an amazing 2007, but on the colts, he's almost a lock for 100 and TD every week.

5. MBIII - has got the freshest legs of the group up here, 28 TDs over past 2 years and all of a sudden, no more julius jones. will be huge.

6. Westy - has never had more than 12 total TDs in a season, is getting older. the wheels will fall off at some point soon and it'll happen quickly. do you want him on your team when they do? Against my will I had him last year and he was great, but will never trust him.

7. Marshawn Lynch - vive la youth movement. wish he caught more balls, but looks like a nice, young workhouse to build a squad around.

8. Frank Gore - Mike Martz please make him into marshall faulk. look out for him getting yanked at the goalline because of fumbling problems.

9. Willis McGahee - 300 carries, 43 catches, 1450 total yards, 8 TDs. not earth shattering numbers, but will ZERO competition for touches, it's consistency you can build around. scored TDs in seven straight.

10. laurence Maroney - remember, draft not on what guys did last year, but on what you think they're going to do THIS year. Or else you're gonna take an aging portis or jamal lewis here. The upside is still there and the patriots will be more balanced this year. still young and ready for his true breakout season.

NOTE: Never draft a WR or QB in the first round. Ever. And Peyton manning threw 28 TDs the year after he threw 49.

Just a note to all those who want to take MBIII high in rd 1 like I see in some of these rankings. You will be disapointed. He will be solid and is a pretty safe pick but most likely wont justify being such a high pick.

Highly unlikely he get's a chance to be an every down back and if (injury to Felix Jones) he get's the chance, he's likely to be injured as well. I love MBIII but he's not cut out to be an every down back, because of his run style he's likely to wear down after a few games of carrying the load.

1. Adrian Peterson - All the talent in the world and hopefully an injury-free year means domination.

2. Ladanian Tomlinson - One of the true featured backs in the league whose floor is 1700 total and 13 TDs.

3. Steven Jackson - If healthy, he is a top 3 talent and a top 3 producer in an offense with an improved line.

4. Frank Gore - Another true featured back. The offense will be built around this guy.

5. Brain Westbrook - Injury and age concerns. Recent reports of decreased workload create an unsettling feeling.

6. Marion Barber III - Should have every change to be a 3-down back in a good offense. Felix Jones is a bit of a concern.

7. Ryan Grant - See above. No competition, and the Pack have done nothing to suggest they aren't confident in Grant as a full-time guy.

8. Joseph Addai - I like his versatility and talent, but I don't like the way he is spelled so much and his injury concerns.

9. Larry Johnson - Another featured guy wtih lots of talent. I think KC will be better than some think, but his production will certainly be lower than every other year.

10. Maurice Jones-Drew - Still in the RBBC, but produces like a no.1 when he has rushes, recepts, and return yardage and scores combined.

11. Willie Parker - Rashard will take some carries, but this team will ride Willie for 2 more years until his contract is up, then hand the reigns to Mendenhall.

12. Ronnie Brown - If healthy, his ability to enter the top 5 is unquestioned. But he isn't, so here he falls until proven again.

I know Moss and Brady will produce big numbers, but I think last year was indeed an an anomoly. I don't take QBs or WRs in the first round ever, so that's why they aren't listed.

:thumbsdown:

Nicely done. I'd still go with Portis over FWP, and I don't want MBIII as my RB1

And I agree with never taking QB/WR in the 1st. I'm sure we'll have a couple thousand threads about this in the next few months.

:dunno:

Nicely done. I'd still go with Portis over FWP, and I don't want MBIII as my RB1

And I agree with never taking QB/WR in the 1st. I'm sure we'll have a couple thousand threads about this in the next few months.

I like Portis a lot too, and I think he will be a good value in the second round. If the league is big he will be a first rounder. Although 27 years young, however, he sure has a lot of wear and tear on him. I can see him having a successful year of 1300 rushing yards, but I think his TDs will be quite low.