Sign in to follow this  
Jetdoc

3rd Round Commentary

This draft is real solid and I really only disagree with 4 or 5 picks, and that's just preferences. I especially liked the Colston, Smith, Burress, Holt, and Jacobs picks in this round. I like my edge pick, but it wasn't flashy by any means. It was a pick that gave me a warm a fuzzy feeling of having my two full service backs in place. This was an exceptional round.

Ronnie Brown was on a serious roll last year....even if he comes back at 75% production, that would make him a most excellent #2 RB.

I agree. my concern is that the 75% might occur in the second half of the season. For overall scoring it might be just fine, but week to week might be a little thin the first 5 or 6 weeks, then 50 to 75% for the next 4, then 75% for the balance. I am pulling for him for I own him in two big leagues where I drafted him as a rookie.

This draft is real solid and I really only disagree with 4 or 5 picks, and that's just preferences. I especially liked the Colston, Smith, Burress, Holt, and Jacobs picks in this round. I like my edge pick, but it wasn't flashy by any means. It was a pick that gave me a warm a fuzzy feeling of having my two full service backs in place. This was an exceptional round.

i personally disagree with this one. i was surprised at how... well, surprised i was this round. it was very hit or miss from where i stand.

3.1 colston - solid pick but as with housh, theyre good picks that i think were made in front of better picks (sort of like what i thought with wayne earlier).

3.2 romo - great pick all things considered. i basically have him as a 1c to the manning brady 1a and 1b. id much rather take the third of these guys than the first, value wise.

3.3 smith - great pick as well. strongly considered him at 2.9 and actually was surprised he was still there then. as someone else said, could be the pick of the draft if he and delhomme are both healthy. unfortunately, for all that upside, its only happened once ever. to me, that wouldve put him behind andre and fitz, but i wouldve definitely taken him ahead of colston and housh. smith's down year is about the same as their standard ones.

3.4 mcmarshall - this was a tough one for me. i considered him, holt, and chad. holt was safer, chad was the least safe. marshall seemed to sort of have the best of all worlds if i ignored the injury. year 3, got better all year long, only real playmaker on denver's roster.

3.5 edge, 3.6 ronnie - these were two of my least favorite picks so far, but ive said enough already on them.

3.7 maroney, 3.8 plax, 3.9 fwp - pretty standard, all of these. nothing i love or hate about them. i like maroney's upside a lot in this area, if he can stay healthy, potential for a ton of TDs. parker is a complete wildcard for me, not sure what to do with him.

3.10 holt, 3.12 cj - love the picks obviously, especially holt.

i personally disagree with this one. i was surprised at how... well, surprised i was this round. it was very hit or miss from where i stand.

I felt there were misses also, but really liked the 5 or 6 that stood out to me, thus the statement. It is not often I feel that way about that many picks after the first few rounds are done.. The Wr value seemed real good, then JScott got the value back late. I know where you are coming from, I just always concentrate more on the good.

I felt there were misses also, but really liked the 5 or 6 that stood out to me, thus the statement. It is not often I feel that way about that many picks after the first few rounds are done.. The Wr value seemed real good, then JScott got the value back late. I know where you are coming from, I just always concentrate more on the good.

thats fair. i guess i just felt like several of the good picks i liked the most (smith, holt, etc) came at the expense of other poorer picks that let them slip through the cracks. :doublethumbsup:

Wow, this 3rd round is absolutely loaded with talented players. I'm starting to think the top 5 picks are where its at again after looking at what you guys got on the 2/3 swing to pair with your elite RBs. I'm not sure I like Marshall before guys like Burress and CJ, but I can also see the huge upside there. Robb's team is looking great after 3. Steve Smith should bounce back for a huge year with Delhomme back under center. Solid chance he finishes top 5 in receiving yards and TDs this year IMO.

Yeah I was at work rushing to get back to a test and wanted to make my swing picks quickly and chose Housh over Steve Smith, had I thought about it more I probably would've taken him - he's one of my favorite players to watch. I still think Housh, Colston and Steve Smith are all about the same rank though.

Yeah I was at work rushing to get back to a test and wanted to make my swing picks quickly and chose Housh over Steve Smith, had I thought about it more I probably would've taken him - he's one of my favorite players to watch. I still think Housh, Colston and Steve Smith are all about the same rank though.

Yep, I agree on that. Housh and Colston are both really solid picks (both are less injury risks than Smith also)