Jetdoc

5th Round Commentary

Vikings4ever

1.02 Adrian Peterson, RB MIN

2.11 Maurice Jones-Drew, RB JAX

3.02 Tony Romo, QB DAL

4.11 Roy Williams, WR DET

5.02 Greg Jennings, WR GB

I love what you've done in rounds 4 and 5, and now the Romo pick looks good on you! Great balance! Your roster will fill out nicely!

Just got back from lunch...give me a minute.

Bowe was supposed to be my pick....thanks, alot remote. :music_guitarred:

Is was between Stewart and Bowe for me at 5.05. He is already their TD guy, and I feel he will be carrying the load by mid season. nice pick!

Is was between Stewart and Bowe for me at 5.05. He is already their TD guy, and I feel he will be carrying the load by mid season. nice pick!

Thanks, I wanted Bowe and Stewart in Moz's recently conducted draft, but they both went a few picks in front of where I intended to get them....Stewart dropped a little in this mock, IMO, from what I have seen in other places.

Witten has less value in this league than others due to the non-mandatory TE, but he did post good numbers last year. 14th in yards, and tied for 20th in TDs.

He doesn't have anywhere near the ceiling that the other WRs in his area have, but he should post some good numbers.

jason witten! whoa. wow.

Was this a surprising pick?

If you combine WR/TEs, Witten was #13 last year in fantasy points scored at the position. He's the #23 WR/TE off the board in this draft. Seemed like a logical pick to me. Romo throws to him a ton.

Was this a surprising pick?

If you combine WR/TEs, Witten was #13 last year in fantasy points scored at the position. He's the #23 WR/TE off the board in this draft. Seemed like a logical pick to me. Romo throws to him a ton.

He's also easy to identify on the field cause he only uses his helmet about 50% of the time. :thumbsdown:

Witten has less value in this league than others due to the non-mandatory TE, but he did post good numbers last year. 14th in yards, and tied for 20th in TDs.

He doesn't have anywhere near the ceiling that the other WRs in his area have, but he should post some good numbers.

According to FFToday, he was 13th in yards and tied for 17th in TDs....not much difference, but anyway....

If you see a WR left with a high ceiling at this point, please eventually point them out. I don't see any.

If you see a WR left with a high ceiling at this point, please eventually point them out. I don't see any.

One that just got taken, Marvin Harrison.

I was also including the past few WRs taken. Jennings, Evans, and maybe Bowe.

One that just got taken, Marvin Harrison.

I was also including the past few WRs taken. Jennings, Evans, and maybe Bowe.

I would have taken any of that trio above Witten, for what it's worth...they just weren't available at 5.07. Harrison is a big-time gamble, but could pay off huge.

I have no problem with the Witten pick, I had him on my dynasty squad last year so I watched a lot of Dallas games...

He's a great blocker as well as receiver and can play in all situations. Romo looks for him early and often, especially in the redzone. I think he'll end up the #1 TE this year.

As for Harrison, while his age/injury scare me a little bit, 5th round is good value for a guy who was the top WR in football two seasons ago. Plus I pair him with Manning.

Initially surprised by Witten, but after looking at numbers, looks to be solid pick.

Huge boom/bust pick in Harrison, but at this pt may be worth risk considering other options.

Thoughts on Hass pick?

Not a flashy pick and couple others may look flashier but concerns with them...will explain when they're picked.

Which with Scott/Clash behind me and neither having a qb didn't want to be left with one of them, so felt had to grab here.

Think couple players I'm eyeing will be there on comeback.

But with Hass think safe bet for 3900/26, with upside for more.

I'd say about a round too early for Hass, and there are a couple I'd take over him.

and sure I know exactly who you're thinking of and will explain after their taken.

and yes, would have looked better if taken in 6th, but didn't want to be left with other two.

(course, considering that others were likely thinking the same, could have gambled and waited and he likely would have been there :wave: )

With flashier options at QB, I'd bet Hass would have been available at your next pick NAn

see my previous post...yeah, out-thought myself on that one...you're probably right.

let's hope one of my guys gets back to me and then no harm as likely would have went Hass in 6th anyway.

Guys - I'm here, work issues... will pick in a few minutes... sorry

i wanst surprised at the TE pick, as i think thats the best WR value at this point (and imo higher than the other WRs this round). i was just surprised at who the first TE off the board was. i realize what witten did last year. this year hes my #5 te, though 3-5 are about even. im just not sure i assume last year's whopper career year sticks again.

love the harrison pick. i was thisclose to taking him at 5.4 as a fourth WR, figuring to hope to strike gold and then trade him or marshall for a better RB2. i ultimately decided even if harrison does his usual 1150 and double digits TDs, i dont see people being conmfortable enough with him to trade for him.

I have nothing against Hasselbeck. He's a safe and steady pick....just not sure who he's going to be throwing to this year with Hackett gone and Branch hurt. Seems like he's short on weapons.

i wanst surprised at the TE pick, as i think thats the best WR value at this point (and imo higher than the other WRs this round). i was just surprised at who the first TE off the board was. i realize what witten did last year. this year hes my #5 te, though 3-5 are about even. im just not sure i assume last year's whopper career year sticks again.

love the harrison pick. i was thisclose to taking him at 5.4 as a fourth WR, figuring to hope to strike gold and then trade him or marshall for a better RB2. i ultimately decided even if harrison does his usual 1150 and double digits TDs, i dont see people being conmfortable enough with him to trade for him.

Witten is basically the #2 receiver in that high-octane Dallas offense. Even if Glenn is able to contribute this year some, I don't see that changing. The chemistry between Romo and Witten is fairly obvious to anyone that watches the Cowboys play regularly.

i dont have a huge problem with hasselbeck. that team has queitly moved to more of a passing team, and hes as good as any of the other options youd take at QB here.

anyone want to preemptively call or write clash so we dont have to kill a whole afternoon?

i dont have a huge problem with hasselbeck. that team has queitly moved to more of a passing team, and hes as good as any of the other options youd take at QB here.

True, but who is he going to be throwing to??

Clash is such a wild card in this draft. He's rarely around.....

It's a good thing he picks two times in a row...I think that's what is keeping the draft moving the way it is.

It's a little tough to try and think of WRs and TEs together, but looking at the receivers available Gates was clearly the choice for me. There were a few WRs I considered here (will mention after they're picked) who had comparable stats to Gates last season but each were carrier years for those WRs so I stayed away. Gates is a fixture in the redzone for SD and 10/1000 are good late-5th round numbers.

True, but who is he going to be throwing to??

its a fair question. branch, hackett, and pollard cost the team about 50, 30, and 30 receptions with two guys that are gone now, and branch with big ??s. i like ben obomanu, but not THAT much. one guy i do love is john carlson and i think he will start soon enough and be a safe guard. but they certainly arent overwhelming targets. i have hass at about 3700 yards with 25 TDs and 14 picks. nothing spectacular but solid, and the 9th QB on my board. i wouldnt have taken him this high because of the number of other guys available with similar #s, but i cant fault it too much. theres one obvious QB not taken yet that is surprising, but i assume clash will take him.

It's a little tough to try and think of WRs and TEs together, but looking at the receivers available Gates was clearly the choice for me. There were a few WRs I considered here (will mention after they're picked) who had comparable stats to Gates last season but each were carrier years for those WRs so I stayed away. Gates is a fixture in the redzone for SD and 10/1000 are good late-5th round numbers.

gates is an awesome pick here. even with the foot injury he should be better than any WR left, and he has potential to be as good a WR2 as anyone if the TDs hit big.

gates is an awesome pick here. even with the foot injury he should be better than any WR left, and he has potential to be as good a WR2 as anyone if the TDs hit big.

His injury concerns me enough that he is the #2 TE on my board this year......

Heading home, suckers...will check back in in about 1.5 hours. :pointstosky:

I have nothing against Hasselbeck. He's a safe and steady pick....just not sure who he's going to be throwing to this year with Hackett gone and Branch hurt. Seems like he's short on weapons.

Were Branch and Hackett there last year? Barely. Somehow Hass still managed to put up some pretty good numbers.

And don't forget - St. Louis twice, Arizona twice and San Fran twice

It's a good thing he picks two times in a row...I think that's what is keeping the draft moving the way it is.

...and that's why this is called the Jetdoc mock.

:takes a long bow:

...and that's why this is called the Jetdoc mock.

:takes a long bow:

haha, thats exactly what i thought when i read that statement. :music_guitarred: