Sign in to follow this  
DrGreenThumb112

Trade help

I have the 5th pick in my rookie draft this week and I'm deciding if I should trade my 1st round + Bradshaw for Maroney. I'm weak at RB. We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF. My current RB's (in a 14 team, 22 man roster dynasty league) are:

S Jackson

W Dunn

A Bradshaw

L Jordan

L Booker

K Darby

Should I take Maroney or should I just take Matt Forte or Kevin Smith (whoever's available)?

I have the 5th pick in my rookie draft this week and I'm deciding if I should trade my 1st round + Bradshaw for Maroney. I'm weak at RB. We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF. My current RB's (in a 14 team, 22 man roster dynasty league) are:

S Jackson

W Dunn

A Bradshaw

L Jordan

L Booker

K Darby

Should I take Maroney or should I just take Matt Forte or Kevin Smith (whoever's available)?

I'm not a huge Bradshaw guy (he's a necessary handcuff for Jacobs owners, but I don't see a whole lot of value otherwise -- others are free to disagree), so to me it really comes down to whether you'd rather have one of the aforementioned rookies or Maroney. For my money, I'd take the vet. Owning a New England running back requires almost as much Mylanta as owning a Denver running back, but I think he has more short term value and at least as much long term value as the 1.05 pick can be expected to garner.

S Jackson

W Dunn

A Bradshaw

L Jordan

L Booker

K Darby

Do not do that deal. Bradshaw is not a handcuff. He's a change of pace back that will give you fantasy points. Big difference. Bradshaw is a very good RB that can play all 3 downs. Maroney is a 20 to 20 back and a 2 down back. You will get either Forte or Smith with the # 5 pick, who have a decent chance at being a starter sooner than later.

Do not do that deal. Bradshaw is not a handcuff. He's a change of pace back that will give you fantasy points. Big difference. Bradshaw is a very good RB that can play all 3 downs. Maroney is a 20 to 20 back and a 2 down back. You will get either Forte or Smith with the # 5 pick, who have a decent change at being a starter sooner than later.

I'm curious as to how the Giants RB situation plays itself out as Ward has been re-signed and they stil have Droughns as well. Bradshaw does have value but you wonder what exactly is his value?

Do not do that deal. Bradshaw is not a handcuff. He's a change of pace back that will give you fantasy points. Big difference. Bradshaw is a very good RB that can play all 3 downs. Maroney is a 20 to 20 back and a 2 down back. You will get either Forte or Smith with the # 5 pick, who have a decent change at being a starter sooner than later.

I'll not enter into a symantics debate of handcuff vs. change-of-pace- vs. third down back ad infinitum. But I will ask this -- do you see Bradshaw as the kind of back that you'd ever want to start? There seems to be a wide variance of opinion on him (which is what makes fantasy football worth playing), but put me into the camp that sees him as just an injury replacement for Jacobs were he to go down. If Jacobs is healthy, does he ever warrant starter consideration?

I'd take Maroney if it was me... personally i'm not a BIG bradshaw guy, but he is a talented back... his big knock coming out was his past and off field issues and I had him tagged as a red flag in a Dynasty league which I often tend to do with "bad seeds"... I don't like off field problems players when drafting in my long standing dynasty league, but that's just me...

Anyway Maroney was really leaned upon down the stretch and is a VERY SOLID SLEEPER coming into the season next year... Only reason he had a sub par year last year was lack of opportunity the guy was "injured/in the dog house/who the hell knows" for a while there during the year.... When he started getting 20 carries a game late in the year he started putting up some sweet numbers.... HE SCORED A TD OR MORE IN HIS LAST 6 GAMES HE PLAYED LAST YEAR and ran for 104, 156 122,122 yards in 4 of his last 6 games..... take out the 2 average games vs the Giants and he would have been even better... I know I know they have a very solid run D... but dont be scared about the quality of teams he was doing good against late in the year even if it was Miami and the Jets because he did ring up Jacksonville and San Diego for 122 and a TD in the playoffs... so the guy can carry the load when asked

I think with SJax and Maroney you'll have an excellent 1, 2 punch in the backfield for a 14 man league.. just pray neither gets hurt :)

Ride that Dreadlock Duo to a possible championship my man :dunno:

GL

It is open to debate, but a lot of fantasy experts (including Waldman) feel that Bradshaw is certainly a candidate to be rated above every rookie back this year other than the top 3 or maybe 4. I personally think Bradshaw could start and do very well from what I saw last year.

I say you keep Bradshaw and draft a rookie like Smith or Forte.

I'd take Maroney if it was me... personally i'm not a BIG bradshaw guy, but he is a talented back... his big knock coming out was his past and off field issues and I had him tagged as a red flag in a Dynasty league which I often tend to do with "bad seeds"... I don't like off field problems players when drafting in my long standing dynasty league, but that's just me...

Anyway Maroney was really leaned upon down the stretch and is a VERY SOLID SLEEPER coming into the season next year... Only reason he had a sub par year last year was lack of opportunity the guy was "injured/in the dog house/who the hell knows" for a while there during the year.... When he started getting 20 carries a game late in the year he started putting up some sweet numbers.... HE SCORED A TD OR MORE IN HIS LAST 6 GAMES HE PLAYED LAST YEAR and ran for 104, 156 122,122 yards in 4 of his last 6 games..... take out the 2 average games vs the Giants and he would have been even better... I know I know they have a very solid run D... but dont be scared about the quality of teams he was doing good against late in the year even if it was Miami and the Jets because he did ring up Jacksonville and San Diego for 122 and a TD in the playoffs... so the guy can carry the load when asked

I think with SJax and Maroney you'll have an excellent 1, 2 punch in the backfield for a 14 man league.. just pray neither gets hurt :thumbsup:

Ride that Dreadlock Duo to a possible championship my man :ninja:

GL

Dont forget Morris was injured late in the year and was likely a big reason Maroneys workload increased so much toward the end of the year and playoffs. When both RBs are healthy, I see Maroney losing out in the RZ where Morris is a more effective runner between the tackles.

Dont forget Morris was injured late in the year and was likely a big reason Maroneys workload increased so much toward the end of the year and playoffs. When both RBs are healthy, I see Maroney losing out in the RZ where Morris is a more effective runner between the tackles.

Yeah I can hear that.... Don't get me wrong Maroney was a huge question mark the first 6 games of the year last year and Morris was actually outplaying him and (mysterious injury?/Belichek's dog house?) actually kept him out of the line-up for 3 games until Morris got hurt.... I just feel Maroney is the better talent and when he was given the chance late in the year he wised up and started to look like the RB he was in college and the every down RB the Pats drafted in the 1st round..... the Pats philosophy changed late in the year and realized they didn't have to throw every down when they were up by double digits protecting the lead... As for the Morris effect.... All of us know the NFL is different now, the days of the consistent week to week 30 touch a game RB's have pretty much dwindled down to less than a handful (if that) so of course Morris is gonna eat some stats if healthy... I'm just high on Maroney this year, I think he'll be a top 10 guy, as long as BB doesn't try to reinvent the wheel...

I'd just rather have a guy I know can put up great fantasy numbers if given the opportunity (on a studly offense) than a guy that will no doubt be in a committee (Bradshaw) and a rookie like K Smith or Forte who hasn't shown us a thing at the next level... Just personal opinion :thumbsdown:

Well, I know Maroney isn't going to put up stud like numbers, but neither is Bradshaw. I don't think I'll #1 RB numbers from either of them...I'm just trying to decide who will be better overall. Bradshaw and Forte/Smith or Maroney. I think I may end up keep Bradshaw and taking Forte/Smith. The reason this other person wants to trade with me is because he has Jacobs and wants Bradshaw as a handcuff. I will prob wait until Jacobs gets injured and then try to trade him with higher leverage. Any thoughts on that?

Well, I know Maroney isn't going to put up stud like numbers, but neither is Bradshaw. I don't think I'll #1 RB numbers from either of them...I'm just trying to decide who will be better overall. Bradshaw and Forte/Smith or Maroney. I think I may end up keep Bradshaw and taking Forte/Smith. The reason this other person wants to trade with me is because he has Jacobs and wants Bradshaw as a handcuff. I will prob wait until Jacobs gets injured and then try to trade him with higher leverage. Any thoughts on that?

my thoughts are that its a great idea

I'll not enter into a symantics debate of handcuff vs. change-of-pace- vs. third down back ad infinitum. But I will ask this -- do you see Bradshaw as the kind of back that you'd ever want to start? There seems to be a wide variance of opinion on him (which is what makes fantasy football worth playing), but put me into the camp that sees him as just an injury replacement for Jacobs were he to go down. If Jacobs is healthy, does he ever warrant starter consideration?

semantics

:doublethumbsup: