Sign in to follow this  
thorshammer

Why do you buy Water? really?

39 minutes ago, riversco said:

Human taste buds are finely tuned to be most receptive at room temperature.  When you heat up or chill foods, it has the effect of dulling your taste buds, which for a lot of people make the taste less sharp and more palatable.  Some people then complain it tastes bland and start adding room-temperature condiments to bring the flavor back.

So you're saying I should add mustard to my water? 

😛

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Human taste buds are finely tuned to be most receptive at room temperature.  When you heat up or chill foods, it has the effect of dulling your taste buds, which for a lot of people make the taste less sharp and more palatable.  Some people then complain it tastes bland and start adding room-temperature condiments to bring the flavor back.

Most food and drink is designed to be certain temps. Meaning, if you were to eat it at room temp, it would be prepared differently. Being hot or cold is part of the experience of the recipes. 

I put charcoal sticks in my water pitchers to filter. Works wonderfully.

Try activated charcoal sticks…the only significant difference between a Brita filter and a stick is that water is filtered through a Brita filter but a stick is placed directly in the water. A Brita Filter ‘filters’ more rapidly than the stick because the water is forced through the plastic filter which contains powdered activated charcoal. Sticks on the other hand take some time as the charcoal stick must attract and then pull out the toxins. The longer the stick is in the water the more metals and toxins it will pull out.

Most activated charcoal sticks on the market are oak branches kiln heated to 1000 degrees and then rapidly cooled. Most quality branches come from Japan, some from Taiwan.

According to one producer, Kishu Charcoal a 23.5 gram (0.8 oz) stick left in a 500 ml (16.9 oz) pitcher of water decreased metal levels by:

pick-my-solar-power-installation-affilia
  • 89% of lead is removed after 24 hours.
  • 20% of mercury was removed after 24 hours, 28% after 48.
  • 25% of cadmium was removed after 24 hours, 30% after 48 hours.

Activated charcoal sticks remove chlorine and other chemicals from water and release natural minerals back into the water. Because the sticks are natural product and each branch is different it is hard to give exact toxic adsorption percentages.

According to Natural News* Brita filters remove 14% of lead, 75% of mercury, 6% of cadmium, 33% of aluminum and 12% of arsenic.

There is no plastic to discard or recycle after your stick is toxin saturated in four to six months (the percentage of recycled plastic filters is very small). Simply throw your charcoal stick in the garden or use in the fridge as an odor eliminator after four months. Some boil the stick once a month for ten minutes and this, they say, keeps the stick active for 6 months.

Want a quicker fix: make your own char