Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Rounds 10-15 Draft Commentary**

I think Chris Brown is well worth the risk here. Sure, he's always hurt...but he's also a good fit for the one-cut system that Houston now employs. Solid choice.

I think Chris Brown is well worth the risk here. Sure, he's always hurt...but he's also a good fit for the one-cut system that Houston now employs. Solid choice.

Danke, I needed a fourth and he seemed like my best option....

Guys....I don't work on Fridays in June...if you have any lists for tomorrow, please send them to my home e-mail address:

kkhollis@sbcglobal.net

Thanks!

Sorry guys, I've been having server problems since last night from some big storms in the area. Let me catch up and I'll make my pick.

The last two picks I made, Betts and Watson, were meant to serve two purposes. First, I wanted a couple of RBs that will get some touches even if Rudi or Portis aren't hurt. In case of injury to either of my other RBs, I didn't want to put a goose egg at that position. The scond reason I went these two is because last year Rudi looked like he was running in quicksand and I really think Watson may take over a much bigger role than just a third down back. Betts is gold when Portis gets hurt, notice the use of when, not if. I think the carries are adding up on Portis and Betts is as good of a backup as there is.

:dunno:

Taking a QB in the second round makes it a challenge to have really good depth at other positions, especially in a draft where the other people drafting put so much value on the RB position.

I saw V4E around about the time that Clash was picking, but I don't see him now. I guess I'll make the pick for him based upon the list he sent me last night. Hope that's o.k, Vikes.....

The Rice pick is hella-god.....

Deep sleeper WR right there.....what this cat come out of no where and really make an impact this year... :headbanger:

I saw V4E around about the time that Clash was picking, but I don't see him now. I guess I'll make the pick for him based upon the list he sent me last night. Hope that's o.k, Vikes.....

:pointstosky:

I like the Bruce pick a lot. He's good value there. Should pick up 1,000 yards and at least 5 TDs being back in a system he's so familiar with.

V4E, I'll give you an hour to make your own pick and then I'll take the next off your list if you don't show up to make the pick yourself.

I like the Bruce pick a lot. He's good value there. Should pick up 1,000 yards and at least 5 TDs being back in a system he's so familiar with.

V4E, I'll give you an hour to make your own pick and then I'll take the next off your list if you don't show up to make the pick yourself.

I'll make my pick momentarily.

Great corner by ICE! I was looking at both of them and almost grabbed Bruce instead of Norwood with my 9th.. Nice grab by V4E too. I considered Rodgers with Young . I like Rodgers a bunch, but he does have a ton of pressure on him, and Brohm in the house. I still think he is a great #2 and always love the Packer grab by a Vike! :banana:

I feel forunate to be able to grab Bruce here, eventhough he is 35 years old and going to a new team. He's just a steady performer, which is what I needed after taking a chance on Walker earlier in the draft. I got caught with my pants down in this league last year when I was forced to play most of the season with only 1 WR due to injuries.

ICEMAN

Reggie Willllllllliams.......that little snot I took to the prom in high school was less of a tease than this guy..... :music_guitarred:

Reggie Willllllllliams.......that little snot I took to the prom in high school was less of a tease than this guy..... :music_guitarred:

He's still Jax's #1 Wr, couple that with the continued good play of Gerrard I'm thinking he may start putin' out and stop being such a tease.

Fumble. O.K. to send you a list for my next pick?

Never mind. My pick came around quicker than I thought it would.

He's still Jax's #1 Wr, couple that with the continued good play of Gerrard I'm thinking he may start putin' out and stop being such a tease.

I love the Reggie pick. He & Garrard got it going last season, and that really wasn't even a full year. A perfect #4 wideout for a fantasy team!

I had Williams on my list behind Rice and ahead of Rodgers, but decided to take my 2nd QB instead of a 5th WR. Seeing how quickly QBs are going this round, I think I made the right decision.

I had Williams on my list behind Rice and ahead of Rodgers, but decided to take my 2nd QB instead of a 5th WR. Seeing how quickly QBs are going this round, I think I made the right decision.

You did, my 1st choice was Rodgers.

Back to back Cardinal Qb's. Interesting, unless they do the every other qtr thing.

I'm banking on Whisenhunt not being that indecisive. But for the no-hassle format, I've given myself a good opportunity at having a good outing every week.

Jeebus.... that's the 4th or 5th time Dan/FK or Ray on the other side have taken my target right before (or just before) my pick.

Give me a sec to change gears :overhead:

I'm banking on Whisenhunt not being that indecisive. But for the no-hassle format, I've given myself a good opportunity at having a good outing every week.

They just mentioned on NFL network yesterday that they wouldn't rule out them both splitting games again.

Jeez, 5 QBs in 7 picks.

Since I took Brady with my first pick it gave me the luxury of waiting until the end for a backup QB, but after that run I didn't see anyone left other than Campbell as a viable backup, one that was more than just a bye week fill in. So I had to jump now.

Since I took Brady with my first pick it gave me the luxury of waiting until the end for a backup QB, but after that run I didn't see anyone left other than Campbell as a viable backup, one that was more than just a bye week fill in. So I had to jump now.

I think you got a pretty good one too. Outside of delhomme's comeback hope, you might have got the best one, especially for the purpose of just a game!

They just mentioned on NFL network yesterday that they wouldn't rule out them both splitting games again.

Split . . . the question is how . . . I fully expect them both to play. Just not in each game. If they do the starter/closer crap, I'll shoot Ken Whisenhunt (and lose a ton of respect for a guy that I think is potentially brilliant.

Split . . . the question is how . . . I fully expect them both to play. Just not in each game. If they do the starter/closer crap, I'll shoot Ken Whisenhunt (and lose a ton of respect for a guy that I think is potentially brilliant.

That's what he did last year until Leinart got hurt.......remember?

That's what he did last year until Leinart got hurt.......remember?

He did it for three games. The first the snaps were split "evenly", and Leinart sucked badly. The next two Warner got a clear majority. But moving beyond that, with the way that Warner played the second half of the season, and Leinart being the QB of the future . . . I'm banking on a little more decisiveness.

There is a huge disparity between where sepaprate sites rate Gage/Roydell Williams. Here, Mike has Gage at 37th and Williams at 99th. FBG's gives the nod to Williams, and ranks him 57th, while ranking Gage at 76th. One of these two will step up and return good Wr #3 numbers, and both will stay on the field alot, since they are both excellant down field blockers. I give the nod to the big man, Gage. At 6'4" and 215 pounds, he is a big target, with sure hands, and he makes the tough grabs in traffic. He has great speed, and gets off the line well. The one notable difference between these 2 last year was the % at which they converted their oppurtunities. They were targeted equally throughout the season, when they were both on the field, but Gage capitalized on his chances, by an 18% margin. The fact that this will be his second year in this system also factors in. William's will be in his 4th season with the Titans, and made strides last season, but Gage equaled him in his first season. Size, speed, hands, and the comfort of his second season, all point to a bigger year out of Gage than Williams.

.........I know.....this is a 12th round selection, so why all commentary??? I had some time on my hands this A.M.!! :dunno:

I did not know that Gage was still alive.... :dunno:

I did not know that Gage was still alive.... :wall:

Probably caused by the trauma of wasting a pick on the Vikes in round 7, then having to depend on Rivers as your starting Qb, or else be faced with the knowledge that you're playing Tavaris Jackson!! :dunno:

I was very happy to get Scheffler as my #2 TE in the 11th round. There is serious upside in this guy!

That's how I felt about Shockey...what's there to lose by nabbing him in the 12th round?

That's how I felt about Shockey...what's there to lose by nabbing him in the 12th round?

I make mistakes every year by writing a guy off. I have written Shockey off this year. The guy is a total jackoff and I feel the team moves forward with Boss. Mind you I admitted above that I make mistakes. I wrote off TO years ago. I wrote off burress a few years back, now I drafted him. I'm writing off CJ this year. I let my emotions get in the way and don't draft guys I hate, to my detriment. I didn't even include Shockey on a list, but can't blame you vor grabbing him here at all.

fumbleweed....vikings4ever.....please check-in to the new IBL thread at the danzone and see the " new candidate " thread

fantasyking......what ?s do you have about the league???? see the two threads on the main board about the league and if you will e-mail me here or provide your e-mail i'll be glad to talk to you about it- we really need you in- thanks :doublethumbsup: