Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Rounds 10-15 Draft Commentary**

I've made the pick. :thumbsup:

And I agree with ICEMAN's philosophy, virtually to the letter. And I had Chad Jackson selected as my #5 WR quite some time ago. I think his upside is higher, and he's faster and more talented, and better fits the vacated slot receiver position. I think Gaffney is stopgap, and the Patriots are waiting for their more talented youngster to say healthy. That's the biggest issue in my mind. It's a gamble, but I'll take it with WR #5.

Since FK has to take a PK, if I'm not around would someone please post TE Marcedes Lewis, JAC for me.

TIA

Since FK has to take a PK, if I'm not around would someone please post TE Marcedes Lewis, JAC for me.

TIA

:headbanger:

I've made the pick. :headbanger:

And I agree with ICEMAN's philosophy, virtually to the letter. And I had Chad Jackson selected as my #5 WR quite some time ago. I think his upside is higher, and he's faster and more talented, and better fits the vacated slot receiver position. I think Gaffney is stopgap, and the Patriots are waiting for their more talented youngster to say healthy. That's the biggest issue in my mind. It's a gamble, but I'll take it with WR #5.

Jackson wasn't even on my radar. He might be faster but his talent hasn't helped him much yet.

Very interesting to see the percieved value of Gaffney and Jackson. I agree that a lot of passes are going to thrown, but there are a lot of options to catch them as well. When I started thinking about a number 5 WR, I took a long look at Gaffney, but I decided to go with Drew Bennett instead. You guys know me not to be a homer in these drafts, so I really think I made a better decision with Bennett than Gaffney. Here is why:

He was the 3rd receiver last year.

He was hurt early and never caught on to the offense.

Bulger's O line was decimated by injury.

Reasons why I think he may put up very solid numbers this year:

He is the number 2 WR this year. No Ike Bruce.

He is healthy.

Al Saunders coming in as O Coordinator.

O Line is deep and healthy.

Huge red zone target.

Decisions like these are what makes it fun. I was just a little surprised at the lovefest for Gaffney and Jackson, when I see Bennett's potential as so much greater. Let me ask you this question. If Ike Bruce was still in St. Louis as the #2 WR on an Al Saunders' offense with a healthy O line and a healthy Bulger, where would he have gone in most drafts? I see no reason why Bennett won't hold the same value.

Rant over. :headbanger:

Very interesting to see the percieved value of Gaffney and Jackson. I agree that a lot of passes are going to thrown, but there are a lot of options to catch them as well. When I started thinking about a number 5 WR, I took a long look at Gaffney, but I decided to go with Drew Bennett instead. You guys know me not to be a homer in these drafts, so I really think I made a better decision with Bennett than Gaffney. Here is why:

He is healthy.

Huge red zone target.

Decisions like these are what makes it fun. I was just a little surprised at the lovefest for Gaffney and Jackson, when I see Bennett's potential as so much greater. Let me ask you this question. If Ike Bruce was still in St. Louis as the #2 WR on an Al Saunders' offense with a healthy O line and a healthy Bulger, where would he have gone in most drafts? I see no reason why Bennett won't hold the same value.

Rant over. :wall:

For a #5 WR, all I was looking at was the chance that Welker or Moss missed any time. Last year Gaffney had Stallworth also. This year stallworth is gone

For a #5 WR, all I was looking at was the chance that Welker or Moss missed any time. Last year Gaffney had Stallworth also. This year stallworth is gone

Oh, I get it. But to me, it still comes down to a number 4 target on a good passing team vs a number two target on a good passing team.

:wall:

Jackson wasn't even on my radar. He might be faster but his talent hasn't helped him much yet.

Talent hasn't been the issue. Health has. If Jackson's healthy, he'll be playing.

Talent hasn't been the issue. Health has. If Jackson's healthy, he'll be playing.

......and I doubt that. Gaffney is lodged in front of him at the present.

He is healthy.

Huge red zone target.

Rant over. :wall:

I hear this, but in part, it's moot. I'll address this two ways . . .

First, I think Drew Bennett is a question mark, and he may hold the #2 position, but using your own logic, Patrick Crayton was a good selection last year. I had him on my team, and was constantly frustrated by him . . . and he was the opening day starter . . . on a team with a top-5 fantasy QB. Marc Bulger has not been the model of health, and so while that's a "good" passing offense, it is inconsistent, regardless of the O-Coordinator. Holt was the only receiver worth much last year. What I'm saying is that you need more than the position on a certain team . . . especially when looking at that #5 "what can you do for me?" receiver. I like Drew Bennett . . . I don't like his upside. You asked if Bruce would be worth more in that system? Absolutely. He was also higher on the same depth chart than the guy there now.

Second, the moot part is this: the choice was Bennett or Jackson or Gaffney. Bennett was already gone 3 rounds prior. (Insert value discussion here). Now from that end, I took Bryant Johnson over Drew Bennett, a more significant gamble based on your argument, I think, than the Jackson or Gaffney choices.

We'll see. I agree completely with you in that this is what makes this fun . . . the choices we make in the latter portion of the draft. Thanks for sharing your reasoning.

......and I doubt that. Gaffney is lodged in front of him at the present.

If it were late August, I'd agree. It's June, and players become dislodged. Frequently. :mad:

I'll concede that it's a gamble, but I'm good with it. I prefer talent over depth chart in June, when it comes to spots like this . . . If I'm wrong, hehehe . . . it won't be the first time. :wall:

Fumble/All - I'm really sorry I ran into a plumbing problem today and had limited access. I tried to check as often as I could but I eventually had to go early afternoon and had no internet access. Again - I'm really sorry - making my pick now. I should have sent a list but had to leave work quickly - but I have no excuses, I was hoping you guys would pick for me so i wouldn't hold things up.

I'm making an exec decision and picking best available K for FK :wall:

I hear this, but in part, it's moot. I'll address this two ways . . .

First, I think Drew Bennett is a question mark, and he may hold the #2 position, but using your own logic, Patrick Crayton was a good selection last year. I had him on my team, and was constantly frustrated by him . . . and he was the opening day starter . . . on a team with a top-5 fantasy QB. Marc Bulger has not been the model of health, and so while that's a "good" passing offense, it is inconsistent, regardless of the O-Coordinator. Holt was the only receiver worth much last year. What I'm saying is that you need more than the position on a certain team . . . especially when looking at that #5 "what can you do for me?" receiver. I like Drew Bennett . . . I don't like his upside. You asked if Bruce would be worth more in that system? Absolutely. He was also higher on the same depth chart than the guy there now.

Second, the moot part is this: the choice was Bennett or Jackson or Gaffney. Bennett was already gone 3 rounds prior. (Insert value discussion here). Now from that end, I took Bryant Johnson over Drew Bennett, a more significant gamble based on your argument, I think, than the Jackson or Gaffney choices.

We'll see. I agree completely with you in that this is what makes this fun . . . the choices we make in the latter portion of the draft. Thanks for sharing your reasoning.

All valid points Dan.

:rolleyes:

I'm making an exec decision and picking best available K for FK :thumbsup:

Thank you sir :doublethumbsup: These last few days have been brutal. Good mocking with everybody again!