Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Question: Do you resent the rich

After hearing a George Carlin bit, I thought he posed an interesting thought.

Do you resent the rich and/or feel bad for the poor?

Why?

I feel bad for the poor, although i am young, and alot closer to the poor side than the rich side.

I dont resent the rich, i have decades to try to get there myself.

After hearing a George Carlin bit, I thought he posed an interesting thought.

Do you resent the rich and/or feel bad for the poor?

Why?

What a completely unloaded question.

I don't resent the rich, nor do I feel bad for the poor.

Resent the Rich - no. Of course not, most rich people got that way through innovative ideas or hard work They are what run this country. Now the trust fund babies...not so much resent, more of a lack of respect for someone who has had everything handed to them.

Feel sorry for the poor - Yes and no. If it's somebody who has lost their job, or just have a bad run of luck or something...then yes I feel for those people...especially if it is a poor family. Then there are the poor people who got that way because they believe everything should be given to them, or they are just lazy. Fock those people.

I don't resent the rich, nor do I feel bad for the poor.

Same.

Resent the Rich - no. Of course not, most rich people got that way through innovative ideas or hard work They are what run this country. Now the trust fund babies...not so much resent, more of a lack of respect for someone who has had everything handed to them.

Feel sorry for the poor - Yes and no. If it's somebody who has lost their job, or just have a bad run of luck or something...then yes I feel for those people...especially if it is a poor family. Then there are the poor people who got that way because they believe everything should be given to them, or they are just lazy. Fock those people.

saved me a lot of typing

10geek points for you

Don't really resent the rich, especially if they've worked their asses off to get there.

Sometimes feel sorry for the poor, but most of the time not. Most poor people are idiots with the mindset that somebody owes them something. Fock that.

I resent the poor.

:doublethumbsup:

I always did resent people that didn't have to work, could have a bunch of kids without worry, and get all kinds of free stuff from the Gov't. If you are lucky, ABC (the tv network) might even come and build you a brand new house for nothing.

Resenting the rich and playing robin hood with their money is the entire basis of the Democratic party, yet remarkably not a single poster here feels that way. Fascinating.

100% agree

Why would I resent myself?

and fock the poor :music_guitarred:

:rolleyes:

Resenting the rich and playing robin hood with their money is the entire basis of the Democratic party, yet remarkably not a single poster here feels that way. Fascinating.

:music_guitarred:

I generally feel bad for the poor. Most people here seem to believe that poor=lazy, but I believe that a majority of poor people are looking for a leg up just like everyone else. They grow up in poor areas, so they go to sh!tty schools and thus don't build the skills necessary for achieving in higher education or in decent jobs. And sometimes they get mixed up in the wrong kinds of things because that is all they really know from where they grew up. It can be a vicious cycle.

Now, as for the rich, I do tend to resent some of them. I don't believe it is necessarily virtuous to be rich. Yes, rich people often work hard to get where they are, but they also often step on a lot of people while climbing that ladder. Don't get me wrong, I think success is a great thing, I just don't necessarily think it should be measured primarily by money at the expense of all other considerations.

And yes, I am a left-wing, commie, pinko, bleading-heart liberal. :music_guitarred:

I think we just try to catorgorize too much today. Do I resent the rich? No. But are there rich people I think deserve a severe beatdown? Yes. Do I feel bad for the poor? No, but do I think we should help those who work hard, pay their taxes and still can't get their heads above water? yes.

Depends on the person. If you have your hand out, but aren't willing to work. Then you should be poor. If you are rich, but would hurt any and everyone you can to make yourself richer, then I think you should be publicly flogged. Just depends.

:lol: I have been both, sort of. I use to be rich, by my standards anyway. I use to be able to sock away nearly half of my salary every week. I could pay all my bills and have plenty to party with and spend all while saving hundreds a month. Now, I am kinda poor, less than 15K a year. It is so much harder to save money when you barely bring enough to pay the necessities. Can not just go out and by anything I want, I can't even afford cable TV or long distance on my phone, which is why I can not telephone the near endless amount of geeks who want to chat on the phone with me.

I do not resent the rich at all. I mean seriously, have you or anybody ever gotten a job from a poor man???

I think we just try to catorgorize too much today. Do I resent the rich? No. But are there rich people I think deserve a severe beatdown? Yes. Do I feel bad for the poor? No, but do I think we should help those who work hard, pay their taxes and still can't get their heads above water? yes.

Depends on the person. If you have your hand out, but aren't willing to work. Then you should be poor. If you are rich, but would hurt any and everyone you can to make yourself richer, then I think you should be publicly flogged. Just depends.

Well said. :lol:

I wouldn't say resent, but, I hate the rich fockers who are too cheap to spend 50 bucks on whatever...you have money, spend it, for chrissakes....cheap focker...

I wouldn't say resent, but, I hate the rich fockers who are too cheap to spend 50 bucks on whatever...you have money, spend it, for chrissakes....cheap focker...

This post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. :lol:

I generally feel bad for the poor. Most people here seem to believe that poor=lazy, but I believe that a majority of poor people are just looking for a leg up just like everyone else. They grow up in poor areas, so they go to sh!tty schools and thus don't build the skills necessary for achieving in higher education or in decent jobs. And sometimes they get mixed up in the wrong kinds of things because that is all they really know from where they grew up. It can be a vicious cycle.

Now, as for the rich, I do tend to resent some of them. I don't believe it is necessarily virtuous to be rich. Yes, rich people often work hard to get where they are, but they also often step on a lot of people while climbing that ladder. Don't get me wrong, I think success is a great thing, I just don't necessarily think it should be measured primarily by money at the expense of all other considerations.

And yes, I am a left-wing, commie, pinko, bleading-heart liberal. :lol:

This is a perfect example of the dumbing down of America.

What a crock of sh!t. You make excuses for the stupid and lazy and condemn those that are hard working and make good decisions.

Most of the people that are poor in this country are that way because of the stupid decisions they make. They choose to not take advantage of education, they choose to "get mixed up in the wrong kinds of things", and they choose to have cable TV and 20inch chrome wheels on their cars instead of saving money. There are many programs and opportunities out there if people are willing to work hard and make good decisions.

One thing I do know is that if you gave 100 poor people a $100,000 check, about 95 of them would be just as poor in a year or two as they were before they got the money.

Discuss

:lol: this is the correct answer. Thanks Brad.

Well said. :thumbsup:

Interesting that you liked what I said, but I didn't like what you said.

I'm not for helping the poor unless they are willing to work themselves to get up. I don't mind a few progams and all to help those who may have made some bad decisions but want to better themselves. I don't like welfare, I don't like taxing the rich to pay for those who refuse to work. I've got bums on my own family tree that refuse to work and live off of the system. I resent them far more than I do anyone who works hard and have a ton of cash. I don't equate poor with circumstances. I didn't grow up with money. I had to pay my own way, buy my own car, pay for my own education, work my way up the chain. Anyone can do it, and using excuses to stay in the gutter buys you no sympathy from me.

But I do also believe to whom much is given, much is required. I believe in helping others who need it. And I believe that those who trample others in the process to get theirs deserve a beatdown.

And yes, I am a left-wing, commie, pinko, bleading-heart liberal. :thumbsup:

Admitting it is the first step to recovery. :thumbsup:

I hate poor people because they look like scumbags and have no class. I hate rich people too, but not quite as much.

One thing I do know is that if you gave 100 poor people a $100,000 check, about 95 of them would be just as poor in a year or two as they were before they got the money.

Discuss

See: MC Hammer and Holyfield

In general, no and no.

I kind of resent some rich people, namely the ones that are rich because they inherited their daddy's money *couch* Kennedys *cough*.

And I do feel bad for the people who are poor because of some extraordinary situation (ie the father died, leaving the family with no quality money maker), but have no sympathy for people who are poor because they continually make bad decisions in their lives.

Interesting that you liked what I said, but I didn't like what you said.

I'm not for helping the poor unless they are willing to work themselves to get up. I don't mind a few progams and all to help those who may have made some bad decisions but want to better themselves. I don't like welfare, I don't like taxing the rich to pay for those who refuse to work. I've got bums on my own family tree that refuse to work and live off of the system. I resent them far more than I do anyone who works hard and have a ton of cash. I don't equate poor with circumstances. I didn't grow up with money. I had to pay my own way, buy my own car, pay for my own education, work my way up the chain. Anyone can do it, and using excuses to stay in the gutter buys you no sympathy from me.

But I do also believe to whom much is given, much is required. I believe in helping others who need it. And I believe that those who trample others in the process to get theirs deserve a beatdown.

I'm not for welfare or many other government handouts. That is a misperception that people have--automatically jumping on the kinds of sentiments I expressed as necessarily resulting in a desire for more ineffectual social programs.

My point was that people who grow up poor are severely disadvantaged over those who do not. You cannot argue this point. Poor kids go to sh!tty schools, because school funding is based on local property taxes and guess what? when you live in a poor area, property taxes tend to be a little low. They also tend to eat sh!tty diets because their parents cannot afford good food, so they are less able to concentrate at school. There are a host of other ills that come along with being poor which can prevent kids from having the same degree of opportunity of those from better backgrounds.

Now I'm not saying you can't rise above that sort of thing coming from a poor family, but your path to success is for damn sure quite a bit more difficult than most everyone on this bored who is claiming that poor people are just lazy. :thumbsup:

Why do you think I hate gutterboy? because he's short?

Discuss

Interesting social experiment.....send me $100k and I'll keep you posted. :mad:

I'm not for welfare or many other government handouts. That is a misperception that people have--automatically jumping on the kinds of sentiments I expressed as necessarily resulting in a desire for more ineffectual social programs.

My point was that people who grow up poor are severely disadvantaged over those who do not. You cannot argue this point. Poor kids go to sh!tty schools, because school funding is based on local property taxes and guess what? when you live in a poor area, property taxes tend to be a little low. They also tend to eat sh!tty diets because their parents cannot afford good food, so they are less able to concentrate at school. There are a host of other ills that come along with being poor which can prevent kids from having the same degree of opportunity of those from better backgrounds.

Now I'm not saying you can't rise above that sort of thing coming from a poor family, but your path to success is for damn sure quite a bit more difficult than most everyone on this bored who is claiming that poor people are just lazy. :mad:

As you said, you can rise above it. To those who stand there with their hands out and don't do a days worth of work..............stay poor.

i do not resent the rich. happy for them as a matter of fact.

i do feel sorry for those trapped in the culture of poverty because i understand that a lot of their circumstance is out of their control.

As you said, you can rise above it. To those who stand there with their hands out and don't do a days worth of work..............stay poor.

there are plenty of people that work and are still poor. what do you mean "with their hand out" give me an example.

there are plenty of people that work and are still poor. what do you mean "with their hand out" give me an example.

Uhhhh, how about those who stand on the corner with the "need money" signs in their North Face jackets. All over the frigin place here. And those on welfare who refuse to get a job. They sit in their "circumstance" and live off excuses. I have several on my family tree. Capable of doing a job, but just too dependant on others to do it for them.

You got 600 messicans looking for work at the local Home Depot doing hard labor for little cash. And a bunch of trash at home watching their soaps and Jerry Springer shows living

off of the fat goberment check.

hard working illegals willing to work for a living >>>>>>>>>anyone sitting at home living off of the government who are physically or mentally capable of working.