Sign in to follow this  
Polycane

Need some opinions on deal that went down

The owner traded #4 pick for Randy Moss in a keeper league where you lose the round you pick the player in. You can't keep any 1st rounders from the previous round though. Anyway, his 3 keepers are

Lynch (2nd)

L.White (6th)

P.Rivers (11th)

this is a 16 team league by the way. The best RBs in order are LT, Sjax, Westbrook, Portis, Grant, McGahee. Guys like AP, Addai, Gore were kept. So he traded his #4 pick for Randy Moss to plug alonside the above 3. Was it worth it going after Brady or Portis or going after Moss?

The owner traded #4 pick for Randy Moss in a keeper league where you lose the round you pick the player in. You can't keep any 1st rounders from the previous round though. Anyway, his 3 keepers are

Lynch (2nd)

L.White (6th)

P.Rivers (11th)

this is a 16 team league by the way. The best RBs in order are LT, Sjax, Westbrook, Portis, Grant, McGahee. Guys like AP, Addai, Gore were kept. So he traded his #4 pick for Randy Moss to plug alonside the above 3. Was it worth it going after Brady or Portis or going after Moss?

I see the logic to the deal, especially if this is a PPR league. Lynch, right now has a 2nd round ADP, but should be a borderline first round value come August drafts, and Lenwhale appears to be a value keep over his current 5th round ADP. Then you add in the # 1 WR and a decent starter in Rivers and you have a decent core group to build on. It appers to me that losing the 2nd round pick for Lynch means that the top of the line WRs would be off the board come the 2.09 pick. However, there is good value to be had at WR at the 3.04 pick with a choice maybe between Chad Johnson, Steve Smth or Marques Colston. Pairing Moss with one of those two and then coming back in round 4 or round 5 with the best RB on the board and you have a decent team. Not crazy about Rvers as my # 1 but you could go QB in 4 or 5 as well and use Rivers as the backup. Good move in my opinion :thumbsup:

You can't keep any 1st rounders from the previous round though.

:huh:

The best RBs in order are LT, Sjax, Westbrook, Portis, Grant, McGahee. Guys like AP, Addai, Gore were kept.

:pointstosky:

Was it worth it going after Brady or Portis or going after Moss?

:unsure:

I know what you are asking but your question is really confusing with way too much extra details that dont make sense.

Wow I'm surprised you understood it FlaHawker, I have no idea what he's talking about! :clap:

I agree but the guys keepers suck!

haha. I do sound confusing. Basically it was a question on whether Moss is worth #4 pick if the best RB option is Portis or take Brady at QB. This is a 16 team league so his keepers actually aren't bad.

haha. I do sound confusing. Basically it was a question on whether Moss is worth #4 pick if the best RB option is Portis or take Brady at QB. This is a 16 team league so his keepers actually aren't bad.

Yeah, I missed that 16 team league.