Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eyes

Projections from other sites

Historically, FF Today has done very well with their projections, but I'm wondering if there are any other sites whose projections you have used in the past, and/or trust.

I would like to incorporate them into Cheatsheet Compiler via the Projection Pal.

Hi Crazy Eyes. There is usually some discussion of this once the pre-season gets going, but so far, no one has brought it up. Personally, I just go with the FF Today projections myself and adjust projections or more likely, re-rank players, based on my own gut feelings so I'm not much help to you in this respect.

I've always used a blend of FFToday, FootballDocs, and FootballGuys (Dodds rankings only). Through the years, this has proven to be the most successful for me.

Here is an interesting piece of work done by someone:

http://www.rotosource.com/ppcfootballgrid.html

Note FFToday was #2 in 2006! Give it time, I am certain the above sites will finish at the top and prove themselves out. My money is on FFToday. :thumbsdown:

Very interesting and printer friendly.

I personally like CBS too. I think they bring some nice things to the table. I also listen to their podcast. They don't produce too many of them, but I like the discussion.

Since those Phenoms projections do not have the full first name of each player, just the first initial, it would be tough to get them in the Compiler. You would basically have to type in the first name (spelled correctly) for every player so Pal can copy them to the Compiler and align them in the right rows.

Very interesting and printer friendly.

I personally like CBS too. I think they bring some nice things to the table. I also listen to their podcast. They don't produce too many of them, but I like the discussion.

How do you get the CBS podcast? I can't find it.

I've been using fantasysportscentral for a few years with a major dose of fftoday.

How do you get the CBS podcast? I can't find it.

I had trouble finding them at first b/c their link on their webpage kept moving. What I finally did was use iTunes and look for them there. Once you use your iTunes interface, you can just add them to your playlist or subscribe.

Hello all,

Quick question on using other sites projections. I've decided to use FFToday and FootballDocs as my projections. Originally I had it set up as a 50-50 split but I think I'd like to incorporate the projections from Fantasy Sports Central. I've used the FSC projections previously in Baseball and Football in conjuction with others with some pretty good success. I want to put more emphasis on FFToday and FootballDocs. My questions is what is the recommended allocation for using a third site where you don't want it to move things around too much but you'd like the effect to be included? Should I use 40-40-20 or 45-45-10? What has worked for people in the past?

Also, in the spirit of keeping this thread alive if anyone can recommend another projection set other than Fantasy Sports Central then lets hear it. I've heard that Football Guys is a great source but I'm not looking to shell out that much for another pay site and I think the free projections they have are outdated.

The great thing about the Compiler is you can try different scenarios pretty easily. If you run something and aren't crazy about the results, then change it back or try something else.

If anybody wants to share, I have created a projection pal document from CBS Sportsline stats.

http://www.glorifiedrugby.com/sportsline20...jection_pal.zip

And here's another one from Dominate Your League.com. (Edit: I previously thought it was missing LT, but I'm dumb and didn't see they spelled LaDainian differently. This has been fixed.)

Edit: I moved the file to a free hosting site, so my server doesn't get slammed. http://www.4shared.com/file/60242088/43d64...rleaguecom.html

Wow. You are awesome! What a novel concept to use the Projection Pal for one of the major projection sites and just post a link to that setup. What a timesaver. Thank You!

You're welcome. I encourage you and others to upload projection pals with stats from sites you have access to.

Here's one for FantasyFootball.com... http://www.4shared.com/file/60242093/cd1fa...ootballcom.html

You're welcome. I encourage you and others to upload projection pals with stats from sites you have access to.

Here's one for FantasyFootball.com... http://www.glorifiedrugby.com/projection_p...ootball.com.zip

Good thing I'm bored tonight. Here's one for RotoExperts. Note: They only show projections for QB, RB, WR, TE. And they're pretty a.) limited in quantity, and b.) outdated. (i.e., No Favre.) But, free is free, right?

http://www.4shared.com/file/60242099/2dca4...expertscom.html

Good thing I'm bored tonight. Here's one for RotoExperts. Note: They only show projections for QB, RB, WR, TE. And they're pretty a.) limited in quantity, and b.) outdated. (i.e., No Favre.) But, free is free, right?

http://www.glorifiedrugby.com/projection_p...experts.com.zip

Okay, this is my last one for the night, then I'm going to bed... Sports Illustrated. Note: This does not include DEF, and is somewhat limited in quantity.

http://www.4shared.com/file/60242101/f3111...stratedcom.html

Okay, this is my last one for the night, then I'm going to bed... Sports Illustrated. Note: This does not include DEF, andit is somewhat limited in quantity.

http://www.4shared.com/file/60242101/f3111...stratedcom.html

WOW - this is great thank you much. You have built some great karma in the eyes of the fantasy gods... You are sure to dominate all your leagues!

Thanks again for your hard work.

Okay. I'm....not smart. :thumbsdown:

I click on the links and save them to my desktop. I can open them and look at the projections. How do I get them into my compiler? Any help...and type loudly and slowly...would be appreciated.

:unsure:

By the way, thanks a million for doing all the preliminary work. I think my head would have exploded had I tried it.

I click on the links and save them to my desktop. I can open them and look at the projections. How do I get them into my compiler? Any help...and type loudly and slowly...would be appreciated.

Well, the simplest thing you can do is use only projections from two of the sites.

1. Make sure you save the projection pal to the same directory as your compiler excel file.

2. Open one of the projection pal files and the compiler excel file at the same time.

3. In the first tab of the projection file, put the name of your compiler file and choose whether you want it to go to site B or site C.

4. On each "Raw" tab -- ie QB raw, RB raw, etc. -- click the button that says copy to compiler.

That's the easiest method. All of the files already have the projections included. Some of the files point to queries, but some don't. So your mileage will vary if you try to refresh the query to get new data. I wouldn't recommend that unless you were an advanced user. And if you want to use ALL of the data... well, that's not so simple to explain.

Well, the simplest thing you can do is use only projections from two of the sites.

1. Make sure you save the projection pal to the same directory as your compiler excel file.

2. Open one of the projection pal files and the compiler excel file at the same time.

3. In the first tab of the projection file, put the name of your compiler file and choose whether you want it to go to site B or site C.

4. On each "Raw" tab -- ie QB raw, RB raw, etc. -- click the button that says copy to compiler.

That's the easiest method. All of the files already have the projections included. Some of the files point to queries, but some don't. So your mileage will vary if you try to refresh the query to get new data. I wouldn't recommend that unless you were an advanced user. And if you want to use ALL of the data... well, that's not so simple to explain.

Thanks. I didn't have them in the same directory. Once that was fixed it worked like a charm!

the projection pal, how does it work? Does it compile all the cheetsheet into cheatsheet compiler then figure an average from how many different cheatsheets you load in? Or is it just a convienient way to keep all your cheats together? Thanks.

Projection Pal helps pull in projections from other websites to add to the Compiler, so you can average them together if you like, using any weighting that you choose. It is completely optional. Obviously the Compiler already includes the projections from FF Today. I'll freely admit it isn't the easiest thing in the world to use, again... why its optional... but its a lot better than the old method of getting other projections into the Compiler from way back before Pal existed.

If anybody wants to share, I have created a projection pal document from CBS Sportsline stats.

Edit: I moved the file to a free hosting site, so my server doesn't get slammed. http://www.4shared.com/file/60242085/3d673...ection_pal.html

Wow - Good idea and very generous of you to share this. You have already covered the two sites I have loaded into projection pal - sorry I don't have any unique ones to share with the group.

Hey all-- I just did my final projection pal updates, and I've uploaded here.

This includes projected stats from:

• CBS Sportsline
  • FantasyFootball.com
  • RotoExperts.com
  • DominateYourLeague.com
  • SportsIllustrated.com (not updated since Aug 20th. I suggest not using.)
  • FantasySportsCentral.com

I would suggest you don't run queries on them. (I had to change the data from some of the queries to make the team names/player names compatible with the Compiler. And if you run the query, you may lose that work.)

Best method: Unzip to the same directory as your Compiler excel file. Open up one of the projection pal files. Go to the setup tab and type in the name of your compiler excel file. Open that file at the same time. Choose whether you want it to go to Site B or Site C.*

*Note: If you want to be really Gonzo, and use stats from all 5 sites-- here's what you do. I don't recommend doing this unless you are an advanced Excel user... Make a copy of your Compiler file and call it 'temp.xls'. In projection pal setup tab, point it to the temp.xls file. Doesn't matter if you choose site B or C. Open up your real compiler file. (So now you have 3 files open -- projection pal, temp.xls, and real compiler excel file). In projection pal file, copy to compiler, which copies data to temp.xls. Copy the highlighted data in temp.xls to one of the 2005/2006/2007/2nd half areas in the real compiler. To be safe, I always use the fill-down command and make sure # of games says 16 next to all stats.

Whew. Like I said, don't do it unless you're a big, fat geek.