Sign in to follow this  
Mr Greenthumb

Young Dynasty WRs You Should Already Know About

I wanted to post a few WRs to keep your eye on. IMO I think a few of them could turn into very dependable starters-

Talked About-

Cotchery

Berrian

Holmes

Bowe

Gonzalez

Sweed

J. Jones

S. Rice

V. Jackson

M. Kelly

Hidden Gems?

L. Robinson - Atl

D. Williams - Balt. - injury bug...

E. Royal

L. Hawkins

Meachem

Doucet

Going to bust out...especially in PPR leagues. (Devone Bess) Miami will eventually find a QB & then watch out. He may be the next Steve Smith. :thumbsdown:

List some of your own.

Rookies Caldwell and Simpson for Cincinnati. One will be starting in 2009 as either Housh or Johnson will be gone.

Also always make sure your WR has a competant QB. I have no interest in Tenn. for instance. A turd throws 9 td's and 17 int's? Say no more.

As far as rookies, my top 4 are Sweed, Caldwell, Simpson, Royal in that order currently. It may change.

I own L. Robinson as he was stellar at the combine and in preseason. He took that thru the season and should start easily over brick mits Jenkins.

I like Calvin Johnson a lot.. before he hurt his back he looked pretty unstoppable. Roy also plays like he barely gives a sh*t. Even without Martz around, I would put him up as a great breakout candidate this year.. even facing Minny & GB twice.. Kitna is still there.. he'll heave it in any offense and they play indoors.

Late-round fliers and rookies who lacked the hype of the early round picks:

Devard Darling: He seemed to flash some of his skills that made him a college start down the stretch. He's a fine athlete and decent deep threat. If he has a good camp, he could start and product in KC, but he'll need to beat out...

Will Franklin: This guy is flat-out underrated--very good speed and he can catch the football well enough to at least be the #3 WR as a rookie.

Steve Smith, NYG: I believe Smith is one of those players that will get incrementally better each year--much like T.J. Housmandzadeh.

Jason Hill, SF: I've said it many times, Hill reminds me of a young, less consistent Isaac Bruce. I think the light comes on for him by the end of '08.

Keenan Burton, Rams: I love Burton's game. He needs to stay healthy. He's a leaper, excellent runner after the catch and a real competitor.

Harry Douglas, Atlanta: I think he'll sneak into the starting lineup in couple of years and become a Matt Ryan-favorite.

Paul Hubbard, Cleveland: Jurevicius is almost out the door on a stretcher. Stallworth is a temporary solution. Hubbard has the raw skills to be a stud.

Steve Johnson, Buffalo: Burton's running mate at UK has impressed in camp and I thought he'd be drafted a bit higher.

Derek Hagan, MIA: Sometimes it takes 3-4 years for the light to come on. I think Hagan has the talent to find the switch.

Jacoby Jones, HOU: He electrified us in the '07 preseason, but faded fast. If he grows up a bit more and works at his game, he'll rise quickly.

Paul Williams, TEN: See Jacoby Jones without the electrifying rookie preseason performance.

Courtney Taylor, SEA: Smart receiver who I think has a chance to improve year after year until he winds up a viable starter for the hawks.

Mike Walker, Jags: I love this receiver. If he can stay healthy, he might have the chance to be a fantasy stud by '10. He runs good routes and has enough deep speed to be a true primary guy for Garrard.

I like Calvin Johnson a lot.. before he hurt his back he looked pretty unstoppable. Roy also plays like he barely gives a sh*t. Even without Martz around, I would put him up as a great breakout candidate this year.. even facing Minny & GB twice.. Kitna is still there.. he'll heave it in any offense and they play indoors.

They should actually do better witout martz. All those passes to Furrey and Mcdonald are long gone. Those 2 won't get nearly the number of looks they did with Martz.

Paul Hubbard, Cleveland: Jurevicius is almost out the door on a stretcher. Stallworth is a temporary solution. Hubbard has the raw skills to be a stud.

Keeping my eye on him. Possible 3rd year breakout candidate.

I like Eddie Royal as a rookie that many can get late in rookie drafts. He doesn't have the height but he is a strong fast WR. Obviously don't expect much as a rookie but I like him in a couple years.

Hey Wildman: what's your opinions, outlook, and analysis on both Calvin Johnson and Jerricho Cotchery???

I know a decent amount on both and have watched them both play a handful of games, but you seem to have a good eye/understanding of receivers. I was wondering if you could share any insight...

Mike Walker - Jags WR

Jason Hill - San Fran WR

Someone on the Bears will be a real value, especially in a PPR league - Hester or Bradley or Bennett

Mike Walker - Jags WR

Jason Hill - San Fran WR

Late-round fliers and rookies who lacked the hype of the early round picks:

Jason Hill, SF: I've said it many times, Hill reminds me of a young, less consistent Isaac Bruce. I think the light comes on for him by the end of '08.

Mike Walker, Jags: I love this receiver. If he can stay healthy, he might have the chance to be a fantasy stud by '10. He runs good routes and has enough deep speed to be a true primary guy for Garrard.

Hey Sweatmeat34

Maybe you should read the thread before posting. But thanks anyway Capt obvious. :mad: Or maybe you're just stealing Wildman's observations. :mad:

Thanks for everyone's input! There are some names listed within this thread that I had not really focused in on. (Rookies and 1 or 2 yr players.) Burton, P. Williams etc...

Wildman, excellent comments!!

All of you homers out there... Keep posting those rookie WR updates as I think this information is very helpful.

Thanks

Mr G.

I cant believe Santonio Holmes was not mentioned, As i see it he has the overall skill set to put up the best numbers of any of the above mentioned receivers. I look for 1200-1300 and 9-10 tds. Of course that depends on keeping that hammy healthy.

I cant believe Santonio Holmes was not mentioned, As i see it he has the overall skill set to put up the best numbers of any of the above mentioned receivers. I look for 1200-1300 and 9-10 tds. Of course that depends on keeping that hammy healthy.

UUmmmm, I'm thinkin' he wasn't mentioned because he's prolly already on a line-up in just about any dynasty league that has more than four teams in it. :pointstosky:

But, I could be wrong. :thumbsdown:

Just sayin'.