Sign in to follow this  
BigGuy

Upgrading from v1.0 to v1.1

What's the easiest way to do that?

I already have my three leagues set up in 1.0.

Thanks.

Scott

Hey Scott. Good question. Follow these steps:

1. Download 1.1. Open the Compiler 1.1.

2. Open Compiler 1.0.

3. In Compiler 1.1., flip to the update tab, and in the middle box there change the filename to the filename of your Compiler 1.0. It is probably... football_compiler_2008_1.0.xls and change the year from 2007 to 2008 using the available drop-down.

4. Click the Copy League Profiles button in that box. This will copy over all your saved league profiles from 1.0 to 1.1, and it should close the Compiler 1.0 file.

Hey Scott. Good question. Follow these steps:

1. Download 1.1. Open the Compiler 1.1.

2. Open Compiler 1.0.

3. In Compiler 1.1., flip to the update tab, and in the middle box there change the filename to the filename of your Compiler 1.0. It is probably... football_compiler_2008_1.0.xls and change the year from 2007 to 2008 using the available drop-down.

4. Click the Copy League Profiles button in that box. This will copy over all your saved league profiles from 1.0 to 1.1, and it should close the Compiler 1.0 file.

Unless I did something wrong, you should skip Step 2 above. The old compiler should not be open.

Thanks

Scott

P.S. I'm still trying to recover from taking (then highly touted) Mark Clayton and Deon Branch in most all of leagues last year.

Step 2 is optional on Windows if both Compiler files are in the same directory. It is required on Macs, which is why I included it in the steps.

Deion Branch was a disappointment last year. It seems to me he is just not as good as anyone thought when he was with New England. Even the Seattle Seahawks fell for that one, so we are in decent company :thumbsdown:

I expected more from Clayton too, but with him getting injured, Derrick Mason having a good year and overall the Ravens passing game being pretty crap, Clayton was almost invisible all year. He seems like an almost forgotten man going into this year. I wonder if he is going to be one of those "predicting good things a year too early" candidates. Still, the Ravens QB situation continues to look fairly dismal for this year at least.

Dan, I wish I could answer that. This is going to sound like complete amateur hour, but I can't remember the things I changed :overhead: . I had it written down on a few pieces of paper which have now disappeared from my desk.

Everything that was changed was somewhat minimal, but there were 4-5 tweaks. I'd say Compiler... practically nothing if anything at all. Oh, I remember one thing. The labels on the graphs on the player tab had the wrong years. I think you can use 1.0 Compiler wish 99-100% comfort you are missing anything.

Buddy had more changes. I would like you to use Buddy 1.1. There was something wrong with the "Overall" position setting on the summary tab when the draft is about halfway done or later.

I have since noticed that the grey out display option on Buddy does not work for the IDP tab. At least in the Excel 2007 version. Stupid multiple versions. I still need to correct that.

Dan, I wish I could answer that. This is going to sound like complete amateur hour, but I can't remember the things I changed :doublethumbsup: . I had it written down on a few pieces of paper which have now disappeared from my desk.

Everything that was changed was somewhat minimal, but there were 4-5 tweaks. I'd say Compiler... practically nothing if anything at all. Oh, I remember one thing. The labels on the graphs on the player tab had the wrong years. I think you can use 1.0 Compiler wish 99-100% comfort you are missing anything.

Buddy had more changes. I would like you to use Buddy 1.1. There was something wrong with the "Overall" position setting on the summary tab when the draft is about halfway done or later.

I have since noticed that the grey out display option on Buddy does not work for the IDP tab. At least in the Excel 2007 version. Stupid multiple versions. I still need to correct that.

LOL Mike...

I will update....no biggie....

I think you can use 1.0 Compiler wish 99-100% comfort you are missing anything.

I just noticed this should say:

I think you can use 1.0 Compiler with 99-100% comfort you are NOT missing anything.

Double :doublethumbsup:

Mike,

I am in the middle of 2 drafts using draft buddy. I just upgraded to 1.1, I have updated my profiles in CC how do i get my draft info in DB. DO I just copy paste? Do I disable Macros to do that?

I also need advice on a 3rd league. How should I input scoring for a 5 point bonus at 100 yards for RB and WRs and 5 points at 250 for QBs...Also TEs get the bons at 50....anyway you recommend showing this scoring option?

If you are mid-draft then the way to get from 1.0 to 1.1 is this:

1. Create your cheatsheets in the Compiler for that league.

2. Run Draft Buddy Setup on the Buddy 1.1 so it is set up the same as the 1.0 file (same number of keeper, same number of picks on the draft input tab, same cheatsheets).

3. Then copy the data you input from Buddy 1.0 to 1.1. To do this you used to have to disable macros, but now I made it easier by adding a switch called "allow copy-paste between tabs" on the setup tab. In each Buddy file switch this to "on".

Now, your other alternative if you aren't noticing any problems with Draft Buddy 1.0 for your particular setup is to roll with it.

Scoring options... well, the 100+ yard milestone is there for RB. As you know we have 300+ yard for QB, and 100+ yard for TE. I wonder if maybe the easiest way is to gross-up the points and apply them to 300/100 yard milestones as if they were being applied to 250/50 yard milestones. What I mean is, say for the TE one, would we expect the number of games a TE hits 50 yards to be exactly double the times he hits 100 yards? Probably not. Its probably more as it is easier to hit 50 yards. If the bonus is 5 for hitting 50 yards, then maybe you put in 12 points for hitting 100 yards. Downside on this is you may have TE who would hit 50 yards but are never projected to hit 100 yards.

The other way to do it is to go through the Compiler projections and edit them for 250/50 yard milestones. That shouldn't be too bad as its just 2 positions, and you can use the 300/100 projections as a guide. Of course if you update projections then it will ovewrite your edits. A good way to handle this is copy the FF Today projections to Site B or Site C, and edit those.