Sign in to follow this  
boblam

Notes

I would like to add my own notes to the compiler and have them not be overwritten by updates. Is the place to add notes in the compiler --> cs with notes tab, and Custom 1 through Custom 3 columns? Will the notes column get overwritten here?

Why don't you add the notes from many of your articles like: Weekly Gut Check - Vol. 123.

It would be pretty valuable notes to know who had a heavy workload and probably won't have as high of season as predicted. Right now, LaDainian Tomlinson is the topped ranked running back based on our point system. It doesn't look very probable that he will be. I would really like more notes like this. I will add them myself and then possibly rerank people. I guess have to do the reranking in the "Draft Buddy" as this is not a function of the "Compiler".

Hi Bob. You want to input your own notes in any of the Custom1, Custom 2, Custom 3 and User Notes columns on the position tabs in the Compiler (QB, RB, WR, etc.). Note - the position tabs, not right on the "cs with notes" cheatsheets. Once you put them there, then they should not be overwritten on update. Let me know if that is not the case, of course.

As for our own notes, due to limited space we cannot throw everything including the kitchen sink in there. What I've done so the notes tie to the projections, is paraphrased the notes Mike Krueger included with the projections, and then added (and will continue to add) key news stories between now and the start of the season that impact each player.

Mike, I had the same problem. It looks like there are formulas in the "CS WITH NOTES" tab. Is the place we can input our own notes in the "QB" "RB" tabs, toward the far right, there are column headings in Blue saying "Custom Notes". I tried inputting notes there and they now show up in the "Off Notes" tab.

Hi Bob. You want to input your own notes in any of the Custom1, Custom 2, Custom 3 and User Notes columns on the position tabs in the Compiler (QB, RB, WR, etc.). Note - the position tabs, not right on the "cs with notes" cheatsheets. Once you put them there, then they should not be overwritten on update. Let me know if that is not the case, of course.

As for our own notes, due to limited space we cannot throw everything including the kitchen sink in there. What I've done so the notes tie to the projections, is paraphrased the notes Mike Krueger included with the projections, and then added (and will continue to add) key news stories between now and the start of the season that impact each player.

Mike, I had the same problem. It looks like there are formulas in the "CS WITH NOTES" tab. Is the place we can input our own notes in the "QB" "RB" tabs, toward the far right, there are column headings in Blue saying "Custom Notes". I tried inputting notes there and they now show up in the "Off Notes" tab.

I'm not sure what you mean. What is the "Off Notes" tab? The one in Buddy?

The notes should be input on the individual position tabs in the Compiler (QB, RB, WR, etc.) in that far right section beside each player the note is for. Then they flow through to the "cs with notes" tab (i.e. cheatsheets with player notes) in the Compiler. When these go over to Draft Buddy, then they split up into 2 or 3 separate tabs - offense, idp (if applicable) and overall.

Thanks Mike, I understand now.

I'm not sure what you mean. What is the "Off Notes" tab? The one in Buddy?

The notes should be input on the individual position tabs in the Compiler (QB, RB, WR, etc.) in that far right section beside each player the note is for. Then they flow through to the "cs with notes" tab (i.e. cheatsheets with player notes) in the Compiler. When these go over to Draft Buddy, then they split up into 2 or 3 separate tabs - offense, idp (if applicable) and overall.

I guess I used the "User Notes" column first and that doesn't carry over to other pages like Offense. The Custom1, 2, 3 columns work fine for my purpose. The only issue I now have is that I would like to hide your notes column (as I have concatenated your notes and my notes in a custom column above) in the draft buddy. If I try to do this, the draft buttons etc. also are hidden. Is there any way to move these buttons to another column and still have them work?

They carry over to "cs with notes" (cheatsheets with notes) in the Compiler, but then when you bring it over to Draft Buddy you'll see the notes on "off with notes" cheatsheet in Buddy, just not "offense" because that is the summarized, traditional cheatsheet without notes. Are you not seeing them on the "off with notes" cheatsheet?

The way the formulas work on those "with notes" cheatsheets pages in the Compiler is if the User Notes is filled, then it brings that over. If User Notes is not filled, then it brings over the FF Today Notes. If they are both blank for a player then obviously there is nothing to bring over. If you CONCATENATE them into the User Notes field that should be fine.

Maybe you've added your notes in the Compiler but just haven't hit Setup Draft Buddy yet to bring them into Buddy?

The notes copy over fine to the draft buddy. What I want to do now with notes is basically hide columns Notes, Custom 1 and Custom 3. I just want to view the Custom 2 column in the Draft Buddy. If I do this, I hide the "Current Pick Box, Draft Player and Undo Last Pick buttons" at the top of the Draft Buddy "Off with notes" worksheet. I would like to use these buttons during the draft but I want to make Custom 2 as wide as "Notes" and hide Notes on that page.

Can I move the purple "current pick" box and still have it function? Basically move cells M3,M4,M5 and the associated buttons to say K2,K3,K5? It looks like I3, J3, K3 are merged and contain a formula. Perhaps I can move it to K4, K5, K6? I guess I want to know if everything still works if I make this move.

Without trying it, yes, I think you should be able to move those things and have them still function as expected.