Sign in to follow this  
Big Blue 06

Draft Discussion

Let's keep the discussion in here and the draft picks in the other thread.

Allow me to start the discussion by saying that jgcrawfish doesn't have any patience and Lawrence Taylor is already retired. He'll have to pick again. :thumbsdown:

4th pick no good depending on who falls

Actually, I'd rather have 4 than 2. 2, 3, and 4 are all pretty close, IMO, so I'd rather have the decision made for me and get a better pick in the second round. :mad:

Really liking the 12th pick and 13th pick, please leave me something good.

Ps: like the Taylor pick, heard he'll come back only if he can play with Farve.

So it seems every yeear for the past 3 years Westbrook has been moving up the draft board, and hsi consitency is finally paying off. You pretty much know you are going to be living each week with an injury report to look at but he usually plays 15 games a year

Well that figures. I've been twiddling my thumbs all week, waiting for my drafts to start. Today, I get slammed here at work. FOCK! :overhead:

Also, if anyone needs to send me a list, my email address is Goddan88s@yahoo.com

:overhead:

I forget - this is a no hassle league where we get to start our best lineup every week? Or are we actually setting lineups?

I forget - this is a no hassle league where we get to start our best lineup every week? Or are we actually setting lineups?

You set your lineup every week, so if you start scrubs, you get scrub points. :pointstosky:

I forget. Did I win this league for the second year in a row last year, or not?

TIA.

TIA.

:banana:

That's cause I wasn't in it!

TIA.

We were all afraid that if we beat you, we'd never be heard from again. :banana:

We were all afraid that if we beat you, we'd never be heard from again. :ninja:

11 AIDS sandwiches all by delivery...beware phillybear asking you for your address boys!!! :rolleyes:

Does zack know we started?

I forget is it zack or jeff that has the whole summer off?

I don't know. If anybody has him email, could they shoot him one? I'll start a thread on the mange board.

I don't know. If anybody has him email, could they shoot him one? I'll start a thread on the mange board.

You guys can text me if I am up. 561-542-8216.

I knew we were starting I just didn't know what time.

I hate the 8th pick and who fell to me. I like CP but I think Moss is a more explosive scorer. The guy seems a lock for another 15-20 TD's where Portis will get 10-15.

You guys can text me if I am up. 561-542-8216.

I knew we were starting I just didn't know what time.

I hate the 8th pick and who fell to me. I like CP but I think Moss is a more explosive scorer. The guy seems a lock for another 15-20 TD's where Portis will get 10-15.

At the 8th pick, I think Moss is a bargain and I'm a little surprised he fell to you. That said, I can't argue with many of those who went ahead of him. Nice pick.

At the 8th pick, I think Moss is a bargain and I'm a little surprised he fell to you. That said, I can't argue with many of those who went ahead of him. Nice pick.

I would take him over Gore and Addai.

Let's see how the next round goes.

I would take him over Gore and Addai.

Let's see how the next round goes.

I would absolutely take him over Marshawn Lynch, and maybe Gore. I would not take him over Addai. Either way, good value there. :lol:

:cue jeopardy theme music:

:doublethumbsup:

have you seen him here at all today lurking or anything? I think I saw one post at tdz

have you seen him here at all today lurking or anything? I think I saw one post at tdz

Nope. I sent him a pm at thedanzone as soon as he went on the clock. :thumbsup:

draft for him?

We'll give him a little longer and then we'll make a decision.

Well, we got through (almost) a round yesterday. I think we can do better today. :music_guitarred:

I have one question...

Is there absolutely NO provision for player transactions? For example, if someone goes down for the year, you can't replace them at all? It seems like that would almost necessitate drafting a backup kicker and TE, just in case of injuries and byes... Do I understand the rules correctly?

Big blue sent you a list seconds ago. I have a funeral to go to. Did you get it?

I have one question...

Is there absolutely NO provision for player transactions? For example, if someone goes down for the year, you can't replace them at all? It seems like that would almost necessitate drafting a backup kicker and TE, just in case of injuries and byes... Do I understand the rules correctly?

Nope. No moves. Rosters are completely frozen after this draft is complete. No hassle dealing with waivers or trades. Just turn in a lineup every week at Yahoo. But it's decent mock draft every year, so there is quite a bit of merit to our league.

Injuries are definitely the X factor. You have to use some strategy. Personally, I would never draft a backup kicker in this league. But it's personal preference.

Big blue sent you a list seconds ago. I have a funeral to go to. Did you get it?

Got it, thanks. :mad:

Good Morning!

Nice 1st round, hoping Brady, Moss or Portis would have dropped to 12.

Not real hyped on having to pick Manning but he's safe pick I guess.