Sign in to follow this  
Big Blue 06

Draft Discussion

Good Morning!

Nice 1st round, hoping Brady, Moss or Portis would have dropped to 12.

Not real hyped on having to pick Manning but he's safe pick I guess.

I like Peyton and Mcgahee for the wraparound picks. God, I love having the 1st or the 12th pick in a draft. :first:

Good gawd, this is taking longer than waiting for phillybear and flahawker to admit the refs were right...

:wub:

Good gawd, this is taking longer than waiting for phillybear and flahawker to admit the refs were right...

^_^

We don't wanna be starting that superbowl stuff in here. The important thing to remember is this...

The NY Giants are the reigning Super Bowl champs. :wub: ^_^

Let's kick Riddlen out he is stupid and slow ^_^

apparently he's off his meds again... :wub:

Let's kick Riddlen out he is stupid and slow ^_^

I sent him another pm at TDZ. Hopefully he'll see it and show up before the season starts. :wub:

Well, it's been just over 3 hours that he's been on the clock today. I'll give it another half hour, try him again, and then I'll just pick for him and work on getting a replacement owner in here before round 3. (Hopefully Cdub, as swirve suggested).

Thoughts? Comments? Please, chime in all.

Well, it's been just over 3 hours that he's been on the clock today. I'll give it another half hour, try him again, and then I'll just pick for him and work on getting a replacement owner in here before round 3. (Hopefully Cdub, as swirve suggested).

Thoughts? Comments? Please, chime in all.

Sounds good to me. Or you could just post on the main board "first person to come over here and make a pick is in the league". That way, at least the new owner got to make their own second round pick.

I look at replacing someone as a last resort and something I'd like to avoid. He just made his pick, so as long as Riddlen will be able to check in with the board every once in awhile, I'd rather have him here. :dunno:

I look at replacing someone as a last resort and something I'd like to avoid. He just made his pick, so as long as Riddlen will be able to check in with the board every once in awhile, I'd rather have him here. :dunno:

sorry, I havent got used to the idea that this is started yet. I will be better.

Zack Attack sent me a second round list, so I'll be picking off of that for him. :dunno:

sorry, I havent got used to the idea that this is started yet. I will be better.

No worries. Glad to have ya back. :dunno:

I wanted LJ dispite the fact I think he will have a mediocre year. MJD has a ton of upside. I needed a RB.

Moss/MJD good start as I see it.

I wanted LJ dispite the fact I think he will have a mediocre year. MJD has a ton of upside. I needed a RB.

Moss/MJD good start as I see it.

Sucks when you target someone and he goes 1 pick before you draft. MJD does have a lot of upside, and is a good value in the middle of round 2.

Nice pick Philly. I was hoping AJ would slide a few more spots to me.

both of you stole my WR...b@stards.

both of you stole my WR...b@stards.

I had MJD, Lewis, AJ, Colston lined up at the beginning of round 2. At least one of 'em made it to me. Good thing for you, there's still a couple of pretty good WRs on the board.

I had MJD, Lewis, AJ, Colston lined up at the beginning of round 2. At least one of 'em made it to me. Good thing for you, there's still a couple of pretty good WRs on the board.

I was actually all fired up take them back to back if they fell to me. Colston/AJ that is.

So is Grant the last quality RB people are thinking about there, before the run of receivers?

Looks like, as receivers are flying off the board now. :angry:

So is Grant the last quality RB people are thinking about there, before the run of receivers?

him and bush I would think

I don't know what to think of Grant now. A month ago I would have drafted him without hesitation. Now, with the Packers lowballing him, and his reaction to such a sh!tty offer, I'm gonna steer clear.

Rumor has it the Pack are willing to part with Favre for Chester and a 2nd rounder. I'm not sure how much of this is the Pack exacting some hurt on the Vikes for getting Favre, or how much of it legitimately speaks to how they feel about their running game.

Either way, I'm staying away from Packers RB.

I don't know what to think of Grant now. A month ago I would have drafted him without hesitation. Now, with the Packers lowballing him, and his reaction to such a sh!tty offer, I'm gonna steer clear.

Rumor has it the Pack are willing to part with Favre for Chester and a 2nd rounder. I'm not sure how much of this is the Pack exacting some hurt on the Vikes for getting Favre, or how much of it legitimately speaks to how they feel about their running game.

Either way, I'm staying away from Packers RB.

and there's a A LOT of talk that the other RB in GB has looked mighty good. I was willing to take Grant if he fell, but figured there was no way.

and there's a A LOT of talk that the other RB in GB has looked mighty good. I was willing to take Grant if he fell, but figured there was no way.

There's no way Grant sits out the whole year. He'll take something. But the Pack's offer seems to suggest they feel confident with who they have now. If BJax takes a lot of the 1st team reps, he'll start out ahead of Grant, and if anything it devolves into a RBBC.....yet another RBBC.

From what I saw last year, Grant could run. But then again, maybe these guys know someting we don't. Grant was an undrafted FA. Traded. And took half a season to catch fire. Maybe he got lucky and the Pack sees through him :pointstosky:

I guess I would still draft him, based on 2007, but now consider him along the lines of Jacobs rather than Lewis; i.e., he drops a round based on what's happening in camp now.

Maybe we can knock off some picks today huh?

Maybe we can knock off some picks today huh?

Eh, we're moving alright now. As long as no one holds up for a long time (ahem Riddlen), we should be cool. :thumbsup:

ready man where is fantasy king??

Reggie Bush at 3.8. I know this isn't a PPR league. The guy was on pace for 100 catches last year. They gave him the rock as many ways as possible. He supposedly dedicated himself to getting in football shape this offseason.

I could easily see him get 700 yards rushing and 700 recieving. Throw in 7-11 TD's I think you have a very good pick in the third round.

I hate ronnie brown and LJ and Brady. sigh

Was flip flopping on picking Ronnie, if knee holds up he's a steal.

you're building the all risk-all reward team (well, except for Brady).

I don't know why, but the wait from 25-48/49 seems a lot longer than the wait from 1-24/25. I guess it's cause you know there's still gonna be solid talent there at 24/25...but the way things are going, um, 48/49 i'm not sure sure about.

I've avoided LJ and Ronnie Brown on all 5 of my teams that have drafted so far. If they pan out, they'll be huge bargains where you got them, especially Brown.

Also, way to be on top of the draft today. Nice job! :banana: :nono:

my 4th round pick if I am not around, leaving at 11:30 for lunch

1. boldin, wr

2. Turner rb

3. t. jones rb

4. witten, te

5. mcfadden, rb

my 4th round pick if I am not around, leaving at 11:30 for lunch

1. boldin, wr

2. Turner rb

3. t. jones rb

4. witten, te

5. mcfadden, rb

Nicely done...haven't seen the "spoiler" code before. I like it! I'm hoping that two of them fall to me later!!!