Sign in to follow this  
Big Blue 06

Draft Discussion

i actually like the pick...EVERYTHING out of Titan training camp is positive about this kid. homer pick maybe, but i think the upside is big.

Chris Johnson? I couldn't find him on my list. There he is 11th round ADP wow early what are we missing?

Considering you are a Titan fan you must know something.

At this point, I've seen a few guys go a bit earlier and later than expected. I relish that unpredictability.

At this point, I've seen a few guys go a bit earlier and later than expected. I relish that unpredictability.

I agree with you. Not to mention I learn from all these drafts so I am totally prepared for my $$ leagues. I still see guys I love who I am shocked are still here.

Like the Chris Johnson pick, was gonna grab him as handcuff to LenDale.

Gonzo lasted a long time.

I'll go ahead and cop to making a homer pick on that one. The guy has world class speed and catches everything thrown his way. And the fact that the titans picked him in the first is an indication that they intend to use him. The guy on the "titans beat" on the local news raved about him last night, and says he thinks he'll cut in to lendale's time and get around 20 touches per game (I assume that means punts/kicks as well). He says (and the video confirmed) that if he gets a crease, he's gone, nobody on the defense can run with him. The OC has gone on record saying "He is tired of everyone referring to Johnson as a slot reciever, that he will get some carries." (I'd provide links, but this came on a local newscast).

I am particularly high on him in PPR leagues, and leagues where return yards and scores count for the player. I probably could have gotten him quite a bit later, but I wanted him, and liked him better than the other people availiable (mendenhall, etc.), and you guys have been very good at taking the players I want a round earlier than I wanted to pick them, so I said fock it, pull the trigger.

Anyway, I always like to have a titan on my teams, as I watch all their games anyway.

I'll go ahead and cop to making a homer pick on that one. The guy has world class speed and catches everything thrown his way. And the fact that the titans picked him in the first is an indication that they intend to use him. The guy on the "titans beat" on the local news raved about him last night, and says he thinks he'll cut in to lendale's time and get around 20 touches per game (I assume that means punts/kicks as well). He says (and the video confirmed) that if he gets a crease, he's gone, nobody on the defense can run with him. The OC has gone on record saying "He is tired of everyone referring to Johnson as a slot reciever, that he will get some carries." (I'd provide links, but this came on a local newscast).

I am particularly high on him in PPR leagues, and leagues where return yards and scores count for the player. I probably could have gotten him quite a bit later, but I wanted him, and liked him better than the other people availiable (mendenhall, etc.), and you guys have been very good at taking the players I want a round earlier than I wanted to pick them, so I said fock it, pull the trigger.

Anyway, I always like to have a titan on my teams, as I watch all their games anyway.

Thanks great information. I know I dissed your pick but maybe you will be right.

Thanks fantasy king I was ready to snag Roddy. Oh well Gonzo could be a great consolation prize.

I'm high on the kid too and am hoping I can grab him around 10th spot in dynasty league, although I'll be torn between him and Ray Rice since I've got McGahee. I'm probably high on him than most but I see an extremely talented runner who's speed is a definite difference maker on the field, like Randy Moss or Michael Vick type speed that just makes other players look slow. I was hoping to take him about 2 rounds later but commend you going after him when you did. I did similar w/ Jon Stewart as i feel he's the best prospect in this draft and didn't want to hedge my bets waiting for him.

Thanks fantasy king I was ready to snag Roddy. Oh well Gonzo could be a great consolation prize.

I wanted Tony G #1 but he got snagged right before me so I had to take Roddy. I need him now since I also have Steve "Lights Out" Smith.

I'm high on the kid too and am hoping I can grab him around 10th spot in dynasty league, although I'll be torn between him and Ray Rice since I've got McGahee.

same here except I have the 9th pick, hoping both are there so I can make the decision myself but I think johnson will probably be gone by then.

I think all you guys got my cheat sheets :thumbsup:

All my WRs went in order I had them ranked!

Burleson was on list next and ya snatched him from me.

Reach with Berrian, maybe Farve will be throwing to him.

wow, lucked out with cooley now that I could look at mozzys list :overhead:

yea I was flip flopping as bad as fav-re on with pick, the old man woulda been there next round wouldnt have he....

I took mendy because he is a solid value pick in round 8. parker can't score in the redzone and I see Mendy punching in some TD's and getting carries.

I wanted Cooley and was hoping he'd fall, he just went a couple of picks too soon. I think Heap will have a solid season, Cam Cameron loves to throw to the TE and our favorite professional football player/poster scherber830 says that Heap is an absolute beast. Health is always an issue but when he is he produces on the level of top TE.

Man, you guys are quiet...I figured there would be more smack talk than this!!!

I wanted Cooley and was hoping he'd fall, he just went a couple of picks too soon. I think Heap will have a solid season, Cam Cameron loves to throw to the TE and our favorite professional football player/poster scherber830 says that Heap is an absolute beast. Health is always an issue but when he is he produces on the level of top TE.

Man, you guys are quite...I figured there would be more smack talk than this!!!

Your picks suck. Feel better? :clap:

Your picks suck. Feel better? :cry:

that all you got??!! :clap:

isnt he hurt again as we speak? get a good backup in the no hassle/pickups league

oh well you could be me and pick farve last round :cry:

Sorry guys - I know I've been quiet, but between this and the IBL drafts going on (not to mention trying to make deals in my real leagues) - FF is taking up too much time as it is. Right now work is in 4th place.

Heap is a possay who I will never ever draft again, what a waste of a roster space

Heap is a possay who I will never ever draft again, what a waste of a roster space

Agreed. Also, does somebody here have Delhomme as their #1 QB? (hides snicker behind hand). :thumbsdown:

Agreed. Also, does somebody here have Delhomme as their #1 QB? (hides snicker behind hand). :doublethumbsup:

Yes someone does, because QBs are not a high priority in this league. :pointstosky:

While today has been SLOOOOOOOOOWWWWW, we've just about finished 9 rounds in a week. That's good for a slow draft and I'd like to be finished by (hopefully) this weekend. let's keep it goin guys. :banana:

While today has been SLOOOOOOOOOWWWWW, we've just about finished 9 rounds in a week. That's good for a slow draft and I'd like to be finished by (hopefully) this weekend. let's keep it goin guys. :huh:

I would too cuz I am gone camping come noon friday till sunday

for my 10th round pick, hopefully one of these guys are there, thanks

-SCRATCH THAT i WILL MAKE IT MYSELF

Agreed. Also, does somebody here have Delhomme as their #1 QB? (hides snicker behind hand). :wall:

Yes someone does, because QBs are not a high priority in this league. :o

I'm going out on a limb and saying the Delhomme pick will turn out to be one of the best value picks of this draft. Jake will put up top 10 #'s easily, maybe even top 8. He's got an absolutely loaded lineup now and an offensive line that will probably start to come together around mid-season.

I'm going out on a limb and saying the Delhomme pick will turn out to be one of the best value picks of this draft. Jake will put up top 10 #'s easily, maybe even top 8. He's got an absolutely loaded lineup now and an offensive line that will probably start to come together around mid-season.

I've been nudging Delhomme up my sheets recently, to the point where he is a borderline starter in a 12 teamer.

Favre's a Jet now for what it's worth...i think their skill positions just got an upgrade.

I would say pick the highest ranked wr or te for riddlen and lets keep moving, his team is about filled anyways, its going on 3 hours.

You guys pick who you want for him.

I will take Rivers then.

Give me Tatum Bell, if Titans picks him I will pick once i get home from work

why don't you realize he is a wash by now? You live in Michigan and don't realize it.

why don't you realize he is a wash by now? You live in Michigan and don't realize it.

No more Martz Lions are going to be pounding the ball, and word from camp is that Smith has been a major disappointment, he is not making anyone miss, and not hitting holes hard