Sign in to follow this  
FlippingDevil

Brandon Marshall to be suspended for 2008 season

My source in Denver who works in the Broncos administration has told me he seen a fax from Roger Goodell that states Marshall will be suspended for the 2008 season with the possibility of it only being a half year provided no new incidents and no convictions on any charges filed against him with the stipulation that none of the charges he is charged with be plead out with a plea of "No Contest".

If this is in fact true, I really don't see Marshall coming back in 2008 at all, it's pretty hard to get all of these charges as straight up "Not Guilty", there is much "No Contest" pleadings in the courts, we shall see. Do not murder me if this does not come to fruition as it is coming from a good source I have, a personal friend who works for the Broncos.

No idea if this is legit at all, but assuming it is, massive hit to Cutler's value just when some people were predicting he'd be top 10. Throwing to DJax and Kerry Colbert isn't quite the same.

Bump for Sheffler though?

its D-JACK! :wall: fricken people!

post a link.. or dont post this trash. :nono:

We dont care about your buddy :( who saw a fax.

Settle down, the guy said it was a rumor take it for what it is worth.

The bunnyprincess makes his triumphant return.

I heard the same news but a different source.

My buddy's coworker who is currently sleeping with one of the NFL secretary's best friend who overheard a conversation between the janitor and Mr. Goodell that he believe local county 'Marshall' of Adam County in Denver will be gone for the year.

:(

its D-JACK! :wall: fricken people!

post a link.. or dont post this trash. :wall:

We dont care about your buddy :nono: who saw a fax.

Easy....Killer.

:(

FlippingDevil has posted false rumors before.

Without a link, it's safe to ignore him.

What a load of Bull. Show me a link to my false rumors or shut your piehole.

Once every year I post the following quote in response to some rumor and I bet if I go back every darn one was to a Flipping Devil posting: "My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Brandon pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious

I'll take action on the fact that Flippin's draft is this weekend.

Double the action that Marshall isn't suspended for the year (or even a half thereof)

Dude, heard the same thing.

Only my source saw the memo when he was walking behind Goodell when Goodell tripped and fell, Goodells briefcase popped open and my source saw the memo on top of some fantasy football magazines, it was marked "TOP SECRET/CONFIDENTIAL and stated the Marshall suspension. This source also saw Paris Hilton eating a tuna sandwich for lunch that day.

Ya'all gonna eat crow when this ends up 100% accurate? I'm hearing we get the decision tomorrow in the AM. Just wait and then you can all bow down to the information king. :thumbsup:

Ya'all gonna eat crow when this ends up 100% accurate? I'm hearing we get the decision tomorrow in the AM. Just wait and then you can all bow down to the information king. :dunno:

Since my draft isn't for a few weeks, I guess we'll see tomorrow. I hope you are... something. :thumbsup:

Since my draft isn't for a few weeks, I guess we'll see tomorrow. I hope you are... something. :thumbsup:

You have more posts, so you are better :dunno:

Ya'all gonna eat crow when this ends up 100% accurate? I'm hearing we get the decision tomorrow in the AM. Just wait and then you can all bow down to the information king. :dunno:

:thumbsup:

Goodell would not tell a player what he can plea or not plea in a criminal investigation. If that is the basis of any part of the "rumor" then it is as crappy as a newborn's diaper.

IBTL

You don't live in D-Town, dammit :lol:

Change your sh1t, or the ghost of that which was curly will come and end you :mad:

Also, whassup bro? :unsure:

You don't live in D-Town, dammit :lol:

Change your sh1t, or the ghost of that which was curly will come and end you :mad:

Also, whassup bro? :unsure:

D-Town = Denver beotch :unsure:

Marshall isn't gonna get suspended for the year. He isn't "making it rain" and getting people shot. He got domestic disputes that have been dropped and a DUI and another traffic violation. If he get's suspended for a year, half the NFL needs to get suspended for the year. Marshawn Lynch ran a b1tch over and kept driving and didn't get suspended. How the fock can this doosh think that if Lynch didn't even get a slap on the wrist, that Marshall will get a year suspension? Just doesn't add up.

D-Town = Denver beotch :unsure:

Marshall isn't gonna get suspended for the year. He isn't "making it rain" and getting people shot. He got domestic disputes that have been dropped and a DUI and another traffic violation. If he get's suspended for a year, half the NFL needs to get suspended for the year. Marshawn Lynch ran a b1tch over and kept driving and didn't get suspended. How the fock can this doosh think that if Lynch didn't even get a slap on the wrist, that Marshall will get a year suspension? Just doesn't add up.

Lynch technically was not arrested or charged with a crime. It ended up being a traffic violation.

But I agree there is virtually NO WAY Marshall gets suspended for an entire season for some bogus domestic violence charges and a DUI that hasnt been resolved yet. Jared Allen had 2 DUIs and had a 4 game suspension that was reduced to 2 games LAST year. Goodells new policy may not have officially been in place then but I dont think it matters that much.

If the NFL suspends Marshall without pay for a whole year based on the facts at hand there will be about 2,000 lawyers on the phones w/ Marshall's people and the NFLPA in the morning.

Lynch technically was not arrested or charged with a crime. It ended up being a traffic violation.

But I agree there is virtually NO WAY Marshall gets suspended for an entire season for some bogus domestic violence charges and a DUI that hasnt been resolved yet. Jared Allen had 2 DUIs and had a 4 game suspension that was reduced to 2 games LAST year. Goodells new policy may not have officially been in place then but I dont think it matters that much.

If the NFL suspends Marshall without pay for a whole year based on the facts at hand there will be about 2,000 lawyers on the phones w/ Marshall's people and the NFLPA in the morning.

2000 lawyers and me. Hell, I bet I could walk in and win that case. CHA CHING!

His list of transgressions just keep growing. I don't know if he'll get suspend but he's heading down a bad path and better turn the other way soon.

CompleteColorado.com reports that three individuals were granted restraining orders against Brandon Marshall for stalking.

Fantasy Source spin: Busy offseason. CompleteColorado.com also details six instances in which the police were dispatched to Marshall's home, dating back to February of last year. A police report was only filed once. Marshall met with Roger Goodell a couple of weeks ago, and is awaiting word on the length of a possible suspension.

Source: http://www.CompleteColorado.com

Ya'all gonna eat crow when this ends up 100% accurate? I'm hearing we get the decision tomorrow in the AM. Just wait and then you can all bow down to the information king. :first:

I'm waiting...

ok ok devils advocate. IF TRUE

SHEF :lol:

STOKELY :banana:

Who knows? May be hearing from this cat before the season's over.

Broncos rookie Eddie Royal was drafted primarily for his flashy ability on kick returns.

The second-round pick is showing he can catch a little bit as well, making one remarkable reception after another at training camp.

Royal has caught the eye of coach Mike Shanahan, who boasted about Royal's receiving skills after morning practice Wednesday. The Virginia Tech standout hardly let a ball hit the turf, even snaring a 45-yard strike from Jay Cutler in the middle of traffic.

"He's been very impressive," Shanahan said. "He's got a burning desire to make the starting lineup."

Earning a starting job doesn't seem likely at receiver, where the Broncos are loaded, even with the recent retirement of Rod Smith. The team has Brandon Marshall as its top target, and established wideouts Keary Colbert, Darrell Jackson and Samie Parker competing for the other spot.

Brandon Stokley is already entrenched at slot receiver, a position he's excelled at throughout his career.

Yet Royal's making a strong push for playing time, even earning praise from the defensive backs he's burning on a consistent basis.

"I'm very impressed," Dre' Bly said. "He's asking me constantly what things he needs to work on to improve his game."

Royal's emergence could help ease the burden should Marshall draw a suspension from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for his off-the-field legal troubles. A decision is expected soon.

The talented but troubled Marshall is also recovering from a right arm injury in which he cut an artery, vein, nerve, two tendons and three muscles in an accident at a resort in Orlando, Fla., in March. He said Wednesday as he ran off the field that camp is going well for him.

"I'm enjoying it," said Marshall, who's coming off a 102-catch season. "Glad to be out there and just having fun. I'm feeling good."

Coming out of college, Royal was typecast as a special teams maven. It's easy to see why after he set an Atlantic Coast Conference record with 1,296 yards on punt returns throughout his career, along with another 1,386 yards on kickoff returns.

But he had quite a track record as a receiver too, ranking fourth in Virginia Tech history in career receptions (119), fifth in touchdown catches (12) and sixth in receiving yards (1,778).

The 5-foot-10, 182-pound Royal knew he could cut it as a receiver at the next level. He just had to show others.

"You always have to have a chip on your shoulder in this game, play like you have something to prove," Royal said. "I definitely feel like that. Every day I come out here, I'm trying to work hard."

The affable Royal came into camp with a good portion of his play book memorized. He didn't want to make the typical rookie blunders, such as forgetting where he was supposed to be in certain formations.

That's why he's standing out now. He's not thinking, just acting.

"You have to show you're ready to play," said Royal, who earned his sociology degree from Virginia Tech in 3 1/2 years.

Given Royal's diminutive size and burning speed, he may be better suited for the slot position, where he can be used on reverses and screens as well as running deep routes.

Not that he quite sees it that way. He wants to split out wide. After all, Carolina's Steve Smith has made a career of it, despite being on the smaller side.

"You're always going to have doubters," Royal said. "You prove them wrong. ... I feel like I can do everything. To be a complete receiver, you've got to be able to do everything."

As for special teams, Royal thinks he can definitely give the Broncos a boost. He'll try to beat out Glenn Martinez for punt return duties and Andre Hall for kickoff responsibilities.

"It's going great," said Royal, who returned two punts for touchdowns last season for the Hokies. "I just don't want to play like a rookie."

So far, he's had few of the growing pains associated with newcomers, something that's resonating with Shanahan.

"He's making plays during practice, and when you make plays during practice, usually it carries over to the game," Shanahan said. "He has a lot of talent, quickness and speed."

Plus an inquisitive nature. Royal is constantly asking questions, especially from the cornerbacks he's facing and Smith when he visits the facility.

"The more I add to my arsenal, the better I'll be," Royal said. "Every day I have to prove what I can do."

Marshall was noticeably out of shape during Denver's Friday morning workout, taking a knee after just about every route he ran, the Denver Post reports.

Recommendation:

After the offseason that Marshall has had, you would think he'd be a little more motivated to prove the critics wrong and show up to camp looking sharp. "I think he's a little out of shape," quarterback Jay Cutler said. "I mean, he needs to run a little bit." Marshall's conditioning will obviously improve as he gets a few more practices under his belt, but this was not a good way to start. A decision on his possible suspension from the commissioner's office should be handed down as early as next week.

There's a couple different articles out there about him coming into camp out of shape. Had to take a knee after almost every route. :wub:

Whatever fate awaits Brandon Marshall, there are signs he has grown.

Maturation is evident on the Dove Valley fields, where the Broncos conduct their twice-daily training camp workouts. Aches and pains aren't keeping Marshall away from practice, as was the case a year ago. He is on time. He has seemed quieter than usual. He still has his charming, boyish, smile. He just hasn't displayed it as often.

No doubt, it has been a more subdued Brandon Marshall. About all the Broncos wide receiver has exhibited with greater regularity are flashes of unstoppable dominance.

"Very impressive," Broncos cornerback Dre Bly said. "His focus has been great. He's not letting any of that stuff affect him. I tell people that Brandon's not a bad guy. He's just been in the right place at the wrong time. Hopefully, the commissioner will give him another chance and not suspend him and he can be a threat for this team."

Can improved on-field professionalism translate into off-field reform? Since leaving the NFL commissioner's office in New York nearly two weeks ago, Marshall has been living with an inescapable sense of impending doom.

Marshall was involved in numerous police-related incidents during a 12-month period that included three arrests but zero convictions. The commissioner, Roger Goodell, has proved he doesn't need a conviction to rule a player has violated the league's personal conduct policy.

Based on Goodell's past rulings, there would not be shock if Marshall was suspended two to four games.

The Broncos make the case that Marshall should not be suspended. By rights, a player can only be fined, not suspended, for his first DUI arrest, which Marshall had last October. As for Marshall's domestic violence arrest March 6 in Atlanta, no formal charges have been filed nearly five months later.

Nevertheless, Goodell soon will notify Marshall of his decision. Marshall then will have the right to appeal. The uncertainty regarding Marshall's early-season status, however, has seemingly sharpened his resolve at training camp. Almost every day now, Marshall does something spectacular — he beat Bly on a deep route before hauling in a Jay Cutler touchdown pass Wednesday. And each time Marshall demonstrates his awe-inspiring athleticism, he reminds the Broncos of what they may lose.

"He is a big piece of this puzzle," said cornerback Champ Bailey, the star of the defense. "If he does have to miss some time, it's going to hurt us. Hopefully, people will step up."

:wub:

its D-JACK! ^_^ fricken people!

post a link.. or dont post this trash. ^_^

We dont care about your buddy :wub: who saw a fax.

Cut down on the caffine buddy. Are you his agent or something?

Still haven't seen any articles about this yet. I'm guessing it's bogus.

From AFC West blog, Bill Williamson on ESPN earlier this morning:

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

There are indications Brandon Marshall will learn whether he will be suspended as soon as Thursday.

According to league sources, the league is still considering Marshall's varied off-field issues and has not made a final decision on whether to suspend him. However, sources believe Marshall will likely end up serving a short suspension.

Marshall met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell nearly two weeks ago to review his issues. If Denver loses Marshall, even if it is just for two games, it will miss him. In 2007, Marshall became the third receiver in NFL history to catch at least 100 catches in his second season.

Put that with Adam Scheffler's report on NFL Network last week, both guys used to cover the Broncos for The Denver Post, the suspension would be anywhere from 2 to 8 games with 4 being the most likely.

Oh, and BTW, I do live in Denver, so God knows I've heard enough about Brandon Marshall the past few months.

Oh, and BTW, I do live in Denver, so God knows I've heard enough about Brandon Marshall the past few months.

What's the scoop on how he really F'ed up his arm? I don't buy that TV story for an instant. I figure he probably punched a window in yet another domestic violence outburst.

What's the scoop on how he really F'ed up his arm? I don't buy that TV story for an instant. I figure he probably punched a window in yet another domestic violence outburst.

Haven't heard any different than the TV story and wrestling with kid brother, but with Marshall who knows. Everyday there for a while there was a story in the paper about something new.

Still waiting....it's now PM here in the east coast. :headbanger:

Still waiting....

There's nothing worst than a liar that continues to lie.....

Latest report is that they (that being local Broncos media) expect to hear something in the next 3-5 days. Looks like, if it's not tomorrow, then it will be Monday, at the earliest. I would assume that's two-fold:

1) To get over, hopefully, with all this Brett Favre stuff and

2) To get through Hall of Fame weekend

P.S., local speculation (this comes from radio reports out of Broncos training camp in Dove Valley) is 4 games.

Sorry it didn't happen today, it will happen tomorrow. My friend informed me that Roger Goodell was too wrapped up in the Brett Favre situation to get to it, also when Brett Favre shows up to practice tomorrow the hit to the NFLs image will be less severe, expect an announcement tomorrow in the PM so there will be no water cooler talk about this, it's a common strategy in politics too, report the bad news on Friday.