Sign in to follow this  
FlippingDevil

Brandon Marshall to be suspended for 2008 season

Sorry it didn't happen today, it will happen tomorrow. My friend informed me that Roger Goodell was too wrapped up in the Brett Favre situation to get to it, also when Brett Favre shows up to practice tomorrow the hit to the NFLs image will be less severe, expect an announcement tomorrow in the PM so there will be no water cooler talk about this, it's a common strategy in politics too, report the bad news on Friday.

Does your friend work for the Broncos, the Commissioner's office, or the National Enquirer?

My source in Denver who works in the Broncos administration has told me he seen a fax from Roger Goodell that states Marshall will be suspended for the 2008 season with the possibility of it only being a half year provided no new incidents and no convictions on any charges filed against him with the stipulation that none of the charges he is charged with be plead out with a plea of "No Contest".

If this is in fact true, I really don't see Marshall coming back in 2008 at all, it's pretty hard to get all of these charges as straight up "Not Guilty", there is much "No Contest" pleadings in the courts, we shall see. Do not murder me if this does not come to fruition as it is coming from a good source I have, a personal friend who works for the Broncos.

Sorry it didn't happen today, it will happen tomorrow. My friend informed me that Roger Goodell was too wrapped up in the Brett Favre situation to get to it, also when Brett Favre shows up to practice tomorrow the hit to the NFLs image will be less severe, expect an announcement tomorrow in the PM so there will be no water cooler talk about this, it's a common strategy in politics too, report the bad news on Friday.

umm.... I thought your "buddy" "saw" a "fax" go through?

IBTB :first:

I don't buy the OP report. Goodell had time to suspend henry today, why not Marshall. On top of that, henry was suspended for only 4 games, after serving an 8 game suspension last year. Marshall hasn't done anything as bad as Henry, and hasn't been convicted of anything yet, so i can't see more than a 4 game suspension.

You should shut up now, you can't sound any more stupid. Just saying. :rolleyes:

Oh, okay. Good. I'm glad you had a logical explanation, otherwise I was going to begin to think you're full of shit.

I had projected Cutler to throw for 5,000 yards this year. Based on this report I may have lower my expectations a bit. :pointstosky:

Every time I see 5,000 yards passing I think of Tommy Maddox and fall off my chair laughing.

Every time I see 5,000 yards passing I think of Tommy Maddox and fall off my chair laughing.

Same here :banana:

My source in Denver who works in the Broncos administration has told me he seen a fax from Roger Goodell that states Marshall will be suspended for the 2008 season with the possibility of it only being a half year provided no new incidents and no convictions on any charges filed against him with the stipulation that none of the charges he is charged with be plead out with a plea of "No Contest".

If this is in fact true, I really don't see Marshall coming back in 2008 at all, it's pretty hard to get all of these charges as straight up "Not Guilty", there is much "No Contest" pleadings in the courts, we shall see. Do not murder me if this does not come to fruition as it is coming from a good source I have, a personal friend who works for the Broncos.

You're so freakin stupid.....your only source is your dog who licks peanut butter off your balls! IF...IF he gets suspended it will be for 2-4 games. There was a rumor going around on the local radio station, TheFan, that they heard 2-4 games and that would be announced Monday. So we'll have to wait and see! So for Flipping Devil and his dog Lucky......go back to the peanut butter lickin!

Sorry it didn't happen today, it will happen tomorrow. it's a common strategy in politics too, report the bad news on Friday.

The full year suspension announcement will come on Monday, it's common to announce bad news on Monday so people feel bad all week and can plan for their fantasy football weekend drafts accordingly - it's a common strategy.

This guy is, was and always will be...................full of crap!

Given this story hasn't come true, as I type this, I suggest everybody just ignore this thread and none respond to it any further.

Given this story hasn't come true, as I type this, I suggest everybody just ignore this thread and none respond to it any further.

bump :rolleyes:

greatest completely-untrue, has-no-connection, has-no-clue dumb@ss poster EVAH!!! Keep up the outstanding work there Flipping Devil...hope this move paid off in your draft to have Marshall fall a couple of rounds to you.

@ Big Pete

My source in the org hasn't heard anything. Plus, anything over 4 games is laughable, IMO.

my source says FlippingDevil got Brandon Marshall 2 rounds later that his normal ADP because of the fabricated story he made up...nice job! :pointstosky:

Oh, and my source also says that the Buffalo Bills back2back2back2back superbowl losses were rigged and that this year the Giants will play the Jets in the Superbowl because that's what Roger wants. Good ole Fox Mulder never disappoints when it comes to NFL insider info...

The full year suspension announcement will come on Monday, it's common to announce bad news on Monday so people feel bad all week and can plan for their fantasy football weekend drafts accordingly - it's a common strategy.

This guy is, was and always will be...................full of crap!

:ninja:

Dunno why, but this made me laugh.

this year the Giants will play the Jets in the Superbowl because that's what Roger everyone wants.

:ninja:

especially once Favre lands in the Meadowlands

You're so freakin stupid.....your only source is your dog who licks peanut butter off your balls! Flipping Devil and his dog Lucky......go back to the peanut butter lickin!

:pointstosky: :wub:

@ Big Pete

My source in the org hasn't heard anything. Plus, anything over 4 games is laughable, IMO.

my thoughts exactly. I'm feeling 2-4, with 2 being most likely with "good behavior" etc...

Without knowing this flippindevil guy, or any of his past issues, I'm leaning towards a 75% chance this is true. Don't know why, just a gut.

YOu guys have OBVIOUSLY not read this.

From Rotoworld:

Commissioner Roger Goodell says a decision on whether to discipline Brandon Marshall is in its "final stages" and will likely come early next week.

While NFL Network has reported that Marshall could face up to an eight-game ban, the local Denver papers are only anticipating a two- to four-game suspension. The league could hand down a short one initially, but make it conditional depending on the outcome of Marshall's September 24 DUI case.

--SC

Without knowing this flippindevil guy, or any of his past issues, I'm leaning towards a 75% chance this is true. Don't know why, just a gut.

Without knowing you.....my guess that you like to have peanut butter licked off your balls too...or your gut!

I was about to type in that Cutler would finish 2nd to Maddox this year, but you beat me to it...

Just an FYI, the Houston radio station, if I heard it correctly, reported that Marshall will indeed get a four game suspension that will be officially handed down next week. They quoted the Dever paper as their source. However, they seem to report "bad" news often.

I was about to type in that Cutler would finish 2nd to Maddox this year, but you beat me to it...

:banana:

Just for some nostalgia, here it is.

ok, realize that i am a steeler fan, but also realize that this is an un-biased opinion. these r my true thoughts on tommy gun this year, and i fully expect him to prove me right.

first of all, there is no quarterback, and there hasnt been since warner in 1999 w/ as many weapons in the passing game as tommy has this year. hines ward is the most polished wr in football, and plaxico burress is going to show this year how elite of a wr he really is. these guys both will have 12-15 tds each, and both will eclipse 1,300 yds receiving, w/ plax closer to 1,600. randle el in the slot is absolutely impossible to cover 1 on 1 w/out a shut down corner, and u cannott afford that w/ the 2 elite wrs lined up outside. randle el will be good for 500-700 yds receiving this year, and a couple of trick plays as well. zereoue out of the back field will be a huge upgrade over bettis between the 20s, and he has developed into an outstanding receiver and they will find ways to get him the ball through the air. he should get 400-600 yds receiving. rhiemersma is a huge upgrade over bruener as the starting te. rhiemersma is a polished wr, and can make tough catches and keep a linebacker honest at all times, giving maddox more time to throw w/ less blitzes. i look for rhiemersma to accumulate 450-600 yds receiving as well. of course the other backs, fullbacks, and tes, and wrs will get a handfull of catches and yds as well.when u add all of these #s together, u start to realize that tommy maddox will have some serious weapons to throw to this season. he is healthy, confident, playing for a contract, and poised to take this offense to the next level. there will be no defense capable of stopping, or even slowing down this juggernaut.bottom line, maddox can break the all time passing yds record if he stays healthy, and im boldly predicting him for 5,000+ yards passing this season. teams predictions:

maddox: 5,100 yds passing, 36-38 tds, 150 yds rushing, 0-1 tds.

zereoue: 1,100 yds rushing, 4-6 tds, 400-600 yds receiving, 2-3 tds.

bettis: 400-500 yds rushing, 6-8 tds, 100-150 yds receiving, 0 tds.

ward: 110 receptions, 1,350-1,400 yds, 13-15 tds

and a handful of rushing yds)

burress: 85-90 catches, 1,500-1,700 yds, 12-14 tds

randle el: 500-700 yds receiving, 3-5 tds

rhiemersma: 400-500 yds receiving, 2-4 tds

rest of backs/wrs/tes: 300-400 yds receiving, 2-4 tds.

this may seem like its high balling, but ive been doing this for a while, and i see this offense as unbelievably special, and motivated to prove how dominant they can be. u heard it here first, maddox will have a special year in 2003. get him in the last year that hes available after rd 2...

Word now is that Goodell didn't want to have any negativity floating around on the NFL during the Hall of Fame weekend, he will suspend Marshall for the year next week is what I'm hearing from my friend in the Broncos administration. Lots of crow will be eaten when this news breaks and I'm gonna spoon feed each one of the whiners in this thread. :banana:

Word now is that Goodell didn't want to have any negativity floating around on the NFL during the Hall of Fame weekend, he will suspend Marshall for the year next week is what I'm hearing from my friend in the Broncos administration. Lots of crow will be eaten when this news breaks and I'm gonna spoon feed each one of the whiners in this thread. :banana:

:wacko:

Word now is that Goodell didn't want to have any negativity floating around on the NFL during the Hall of Fame weekend, he will suspend Marshall for the year next week is what I'm hearing from my friend in the Broncos administration. Lots of crow will be eaten when this news breaks and I'm gonna spoon feed each one of the whiners in this thread. :overhead:

I am hearing from my friend in the NFL main office that you are a loon.

Well it used to be when people would post crap like this that wasn't linked to a story that the post would get deleted or moved. not sure why they dont do that anymore. :rolleyes:

There also seems to be a lot of "A Little Help" type posts that get left up. Ah well...

Word now is that Goodell didn't want to have any negativity floating around on the NFL during the Hall of Fame weekend, he will suspend Marshall for the year next week is what I'm hearing from my friend in the Broncos administration. Lots of crow will be eaten when this news breaks and I'm gonna spoon feed each one of the whiners in this thread. :doublethumbsup:

Word now is that nobody gives a sheit about your purported source in the Broncos...or was it NFL office? The only way we would is IF you had some real inside information...however at this point it would be doubted 100%.

As to eating crow, anybody can make a prediction, change the time line, give reasons "feasible" reasons why it is delayed, give "feasible" why it didn't happen at all, and "when" it does, come across as "knowing" someone.

A moderator is going to change your name to Boy Cries Wolf or Chicken Little.....that's the word :rolleyes: