Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

The Aaron Rodgers Era

starts now :thumbsup:

You are SO gonna pay for that dumbass trade. :unsure:

You dorks watching the game who only have to say "INT" obviously saw Rodgers deliver a perfect pass between the receivers 8 and 3 on his chest and have him handed it over the defender.

Rodgers looks great.

Packers made the right decision

14-2 :overhead:

That 3rd and 17 pass to Driver on the first series was right on the money, too.....

ehhh, not too shabby, for preseason game1. helped a lot by the fab catch/run by jones.

[although, it would have been hilarious if his first pass had been a pick-6! the "i told you so" banter the next 3 weeks would have been insane!] :overhead:

That 3rd and 17 pass to Driver on the first series was right on the money, too.....

I don't care one iota about Aaron Rodgers, but you can look at one bad throw and start to judge a guy. You can't look at one good one. What seperates the bad from the good from the great most times is consistency. Sergio Garcia might be able to hit as far and straight as Tiger eight out of ten times, but the two that he shanks will cost him tournaments.

I don't care one iota about Aaron Rodgers, but you can look at one bad throw and start to judge a guy. You can't look at one good one. What seperates the bad from the good from the great most times is consistency. Sergio Garcia might be able to hit as far and straight as Tiger eight out of ten times, but the two that he shanks will cost him tournaments.

He didn't have too many "bad" throws tonight....

you can look at one bad throw and start to judge a guy. You can't look at one good one.

Utter BS. I'm a huge Favre fan and remember his 5 INT games (at least i remember his 5 int play-off game against the Rams) as well as his 4 and 5 TD games (especially his Oakland Monday nite game after his father died).

But if you look at one of anything and start to judge a guy's career, you have exactly a 50% chance of being right.

That said, I came away from watching Rodgers very impressed. What impressed me most was his confidence and pocket presence - and he looked exactly the same tonite as he did against Dallas last year. I especially liked his bench presence after his playing time was over........he was enjoying the moment and his teammates - kinda reminded me of Favre very early in his career.

Please explain to me how you can tell a guys career based on one bad throw in his first preseason game as a starter. Also what's the point in using a golf analogy...just talk about football. No one cares about Sergio Garcia and whether he does/does not have parallels to quarterbacking (he does not).

Nice job laying your WRs out to get killed and missing WRs for TDs :)

He did throw a nice pick. And all this against one of the worst defenses in the league in a pre-season game where clearly the "dumb and dumber" green gay front office did every kind of game planning to shove Rodgers down the puker fan's throats while the Bengals played a soft vanilla scheme.

Enjoy the post fav-ruh era.... :shocking:

I thought he did pretty good. Is he Favre? No and nobody really expects him to be. As a Bears fan, I wish we had him!

He played very well last night. For the purposes of evaluation, you can take that INT off the boxscore. That should have been a completion and a first down. Not his fault at all. He should have had a 1st down on the first drive had Driver not dropped the 3rd and 17 pass that was right there. Even with those two drops he was 9 for 15.

It was a preseason game, so none of it really means that much, but it should keep the doom and gloom Packers fans off his back for at least one week.

As a Packer fan I think I was expecting much worse. I thought he through the ball good. I think he can keep Ds honest enough so Grant won't be having 8 in the box. He has enough arm strength and accuracy to be a solid QB in this league.

Is he hurt yet?

This is the bigger point that GB fans seem to be ignoring. What the hell are they gonna do when Rodgers gets hurt? Throw in a rookie? BWAAHAHHAHHHHHHAAAAAAA

As a Bears fan, I wish we had him!

I'm convinced EVERY Bears fan is secretly saying this to themselves.

True, it was against the Bungles. True, he's gonna get some WR dead. But he's serviceable (until an injury). He'll be a game/offense manager, and the D will have to carry the load more than usual.

This is the bigger point that GB fans seem to be ignoring. What the hell are they gonna do when Rodgers gets hurt? Throw in a rookie? BWAAHAHHAHHHHHHAAAAAAA

They do need to get a veteran backup. Although I think the injury prone tag seems a little unfair. A broken foot could happen to anybody and he might have played through last year's injury if he had been the starter. I have to admit I don't know much about his college football injury history, though. Maybe he is that fragile. :pointstosky:

I'm convinced EVERY Bears fan is secretly saying this to themselves.

True, it was against the Bungles. True, he's gonna get some WR dead. But he's serviceable (until an injury). He'll be a game/offense manager, and the D will have to carry the load more than usual.

Well he hasn't proven he sucks yet so yes that puts him ahead of the Bears QB's but nothing yesterday showed that he still won't.

Nice job laying your WRs out to get killed and missing WRs for TDs :pointstosky:

He did throw a nice pick. And all this against one of the worst defenses in the league in a pre-season game where clearly the "dumb and dumber" green gay front office did every kind of game planning to shove Rodgers down the puker fan's throats while the Bengals played a soft vanilla scheme.

Enjoy the post fav-ruh era.... :thumbsup:

Apparently you did not watch if you want to pin that pick on him and call it a nice pick.

He hung a few high...but all in all was a solid performance.

Glad to see you could not take your homer glasses off long enough to see that.

Did every kind of game planning to shove him down our throats?

Not really...they game planned for having their starting RB and parts of the starting Oline missing.

They game planned for getting a QB with limited reps some more game like action.

Just because your starting Bears unit looked bad...no reason to try and take it out on the Packers.

Enjoy the post...McMahon era....Hah!!!!!!!!

Not ignoring the point...just mobb deep and his ignorance.

But I agree...we do need a backup with some experience...Brohm is just not ready.

He did throw a nice pick.

He hit his receiver on a beautiful pass right between the 8 and the 3. The rookie dropped it into right into the defender's hand.

Dishonest and DUMB :thumbsup:

where clearly the "dumb and dumber" green gay front office did every kind of game planning to shove Rodgers down the puker fan's throats while the Bengals played a soft vanilla scheme.

The Bengals blitzed a safety off the corner on the second play of the game. Not vanilla.

Dishonest and DUMB :thumbsdown:

Enjoy the post fav-ruh era.... :overhead:

We will. Rodgers looks good. Enjoy the 37 crappy Bear quarterbacks during Rodgers' next 15 years. :pointstosky:

He didn't look too bad actually. Funny thing is every one harps on Farve INT's, whether they were good throws or not. A pick is a pick is a pick, regardless of whether it hit the receiver in the hands or not. Too early to tell... let's see what he does against that Vikings D week 1.

Nice job laying your WRs out to get killed and missing WRs for TDs :pointstosky:

Enjoy the post fav-ruh era.... :thumbsup:

Against my better judgment than to feed a troll but here goes:

Rodgers was playing without his #1 Running back (Ryan Grant), #1 wide receiver (Greg Jennings) and a couple of rotating guards vying for starting positions. The back up running back, Brandon Jackson, damn near got Rodgers killed when he missed his blocking assignment on a blitz on the 2nd or 3rd play of the game. He still showed poise after that and never developed happy feet and delivered some nice passes.

Throw in the INT that hit the receiver and the numbers and the drop early by Donald Driver and Rodgers goes 11-15 for 140 easily.

Not too shabby.

This reminds me of the Alex Smith era and the Matt Leinhart era and the Joey Harrington era.

He didn't look too bad actually. Funny thing is every one harps on Farve INT's, whether they were good throws or not. A pick is a pick is a pick, regardless of whether it hit the receiver in the hands or not. Too early to tell... let's see what he does against that Vikings D week 1.

I defended quite a few of Favre's INTs too...especially ones intended for Robert Ferguson that were right on the money but still ended up in the defender's arms.

There is a bit of a difference between Rodgers INT, which hit his WR right where it should have...and Brohms.

But even Brohm got screwed by his TE there who slowed up as he was being chucked a bit from behind and anticipated a bit hit (though, no hit was coming as the LB was going for the ball).

Brohm, though, had his eyes locked too much on his target and invited that pick.

What I liked about Rodgers was watching his eyes scan through the progression and looking off defenders.

Forget the stats, its the poise and the way he played that impressed me most (same thing I have said about the Dallas game last year).

From a very honest Patriots fan as most of you know me.

it was the 1st game of the pre-season, howevah, Aaron looked quite good and made some very nice throws. He stepped up into the pocket nicely on some throws too. Certain things are going to take time, but all in all, he played very well.

If I were a Packers fan, I leave last nights game satisfied with Rodgers play.

I came away from this thread with the realization that there are allot of posters that just don't know much about football. This site is really bottoming out. I am in no mood to sift through all the crap this year.

They have the great Brian Brohm....another wasted draft pick :rolleyes:

If those two are wasted draft picks...just how many have the Bears wasted in the past 5 years?

Just a rough guess, based on your qualifications for a wasted pick, has to be about 30 or so.

But the great rodgers did play against the great bungles D..... and still overthrew WRs, threw passes above and behind team mates and threw a pick.... very encouraging :rolleyes:

But he may at least score a few points instead of getting his azz dominated against the Bears like the fudgepackers have been for the last 8 games.... :lol:

I'd take him based on what I saw over every QB the Bears have had since McMahon, hell, I might even take him over Jimmy as well.

But the great rodgers did play against the great bungles D..... and still overthrew WRs, threw passes above and behind team mates and threw a pick.... very encouraging :rolleyes:

But he may at least score a few points instead of getting his azz dominated against the Bears like the fudgepackers have been for the last 8 games.... :lol:

How did the Bears first team look the other night?

Oh, I forgot, you don't really care about facts.

Yup...he has an int on that stat sheet. I doubt you saw it though given how happy you are about it.

How did the Bears first team look the other night?

Oh, I forgot, you don't really care about facts.

Yup...he has an int on that stat sheet. I doubt you saw it though given how happy you are about it.

From what I recall he hit a WR square in the #'s and the guy let it bounce and it was grabbed? :wacko:

Rodgers looked alright. Nothing terrible. Nothing great.

I will say that the GB receivers are top 3 or 4 (NE, IND, AZ) and will help their QB out immensely.

GB's defense also looked really good.

There's gonna be a lot of games where all Rodgers has to do is not commit any mistakes. He'll just have to 'manage the game' which seems to be what most teams expect from their QBs these days.

I know everyone is lauding Rodgers for his handling of this situation, but it'll be interesting to see how he responds to true adversity i.e., his play costs the Pack a game. The true test will be in the next two months. So far, he's only had to answer questions about his standing with the team, or about Favre. How's he gonna respond when the spotlight is focused on his negative play? Some guys can handle it and bounce back, some guys can't.

There's still a lot this guy has to navigate through before anyone can feel confident about #12.