Sign in to follow this  
adam smitty

About DBF...

So I got an email back from him today about the payment deadline and basically he said he can't pay right now because he's "in the process of moving" and said to either find a replacement or give him an extension. I'm not against an extension, but I don't want to be chasing him down for money again come december either. Replacing someone at this time could be difficult, but it's still an option. Thoughts?

Give him until the start of the season. If he can't pay by then, then he's not going to. If he can't come up with $27 in 4 weeks, then he's got bigger problems than worrying about this league.

If he doesn't pay, we try to find a new owner and might just have to eat the entry fee for this year and take it out of the winnings. He doesn't have a bad team with Roethlisberger, Cutler, Addai, Graham, Walker, and Housmanzadeh on it so finding a new owner shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, who still hasn't paid or at least contacted you about payment?

Give him until the start of the season. If he can't pay by then, then he's not going to. If he can't come up with $27 in 4 weeks, then he's got bigger problems than worrying about this league.

If he doesn't pay, we try to find a new owner and might just have to eat the entry fee for this year and take it out of the winnings. He doesn't have a bad team with Roethlisberger, Cutler, Addai, Graham, Walker, and Housmanzadeh on it so finding a new owner shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, who still hasn't paid or at least contacted you about payment?

He was the last one.

I would still love to be in this league I will have the money to Adam well before the start of the season. I have never not paid for a league it has been late a couple times but it has never been an issue of a league not being paid for. BTW, you and I both know Jwood, my team isn't good!

My only concern is; if he is in the process of moving and can't take 5 minutes to either paypal you the money, or slip something in an envelope then how long/often is he gonna hold up the draft?

We are already cutting this really close, by the time we get stuff rolling, I don't think we can afford many hold ups getting through this draft.

I don't think I have ever held a draft up. Maybe once or twice. I work in front of a computer all day at work and am constantly checking fantasy and all that jazz. If for some reason it did get held up me and Adam are friends he can call me and I can make a pick. Where I am living currently I have computer access but the internet connection is dial-up so that is a little frusterating. That won't be an issue, I plan on paying a week from today when I get paid. So if it's not a big deal to pay in a week from today, most likely before the draft is even over.............things will work out.

Jess

I don't think I have ever held a draft up. Maybe once or twice. I work in front of a computer all day at work and am constantly checking fantasy and all that jazz. If for some reason it did get held up me and Adam are friends he can call me and I can make a pick. Where I am living currently I have computer access but the internet connection is dial-up so that is a little frusterating. That won't be an issue, I plan on paying a week from today when I get paid. So if it's not a big deal to pay in a week from today, most likely before the draft is even over.............things will work out.

Jess

that should work out, good luck with the move

Jess

Cool.

I had assumed you meant you would have no net cause you were moving. We are good to go then. :overhead:

So it sounds like everyone's back... :wall:

Sign in to follow this