Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Cuse9 is back!

Cuse9's annual help thread is here. We all know the help board doesn't always help out too much!! That is why I am here to answer your fantasy football questions.

I did this last year and had alot of fun with it. If I helped you out...great! If I didn't, then give me a chance to redeem myself. I'll answer with facts and well thought out opinions.

So....what do you need help with, I'm here for ya!!

Yes, could you take a look at my post. Thanks.

You must not have been in here last year. I can't go outside of my thread. My knowledge only excells within the walls of this thread. Post your question in here and I will give you an in depth answer that will guide you in the right direction.

However, I read your post and I'll answer it right here.

I'm going to assume Peyton is your first round pick from last year and you cannot keep him.

You have downn that you are picking between Cutler and Fitzgerald. Personally I would pick between Fitz and Graham. Cutler is a nice QB with a great arm, but has limited weapons to use. With Marshall's problems he could be at even less weapons for three games! Jackson and Stokley are very injury prone, however Royal has looked good and Scheffler could be a star if they decide to use him. With that.......you have to keep Fitz. He's got everything you want. I'm not a big fan of Leinart, but anyone can find Fitz!! He's at a prime age and should continue to put up monster numbers the next few years.

As for draft strategy. I think you can take the best available with your first two picks. Don't worry about going RB, RB. If there is a great QB (Manning, Romo) that falls to you then grab them. Without a doubt if you only take one rb with one of your first two picks you will have to grab one with your third or fourth round picks, but there should be a couple quality rb's there for you. WR's and QB's are very short on studs this year, but the rb's seem to be a little deeper, especially with the emergence of Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, Kevin Smith and a few others.

16 team h2h keeper standard scoring(1pt-25passing, 10rush/rec and 6pts all TDs) 1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1te, 1flex, k, D

which combo do you like better?

Carson Palmer + 3rd teir WR(calvin johnson, roy williams, maybe holt or 85)

OR

TO + 3rd teir QB(cutler, eli, rivers, maybe mcnabb or bulger)

RB is taken care of as i have addai as a keeper...

Thanks

pick #9 out of 10 ppr league.

I was thinking about going with 2 WR with the 9th and 12th. Maybe Wayne and TO? Or Braylon? Am I asking for trouble if I don't take a RB with one of those picks? It looks like Portis or Barber or maybe Lynch will still be there.

Who will be there at the end of the 3rd for rbs if I do pick to WRs with my first two picks? Also, do I then have to take 2 rbs with my next two picks or should I just stack my receivers and maybe make a run at Witten?

Thanks.

Have to keep LJ or MJD. I've wavered back and forth on both. 1 pt for every 10 yards rushing and receiving. Non PPR.

Thanks, cuse.

16 team h2h keeper standard scoring(1pt-25passing, 10rush/rec and 6pts all TDs) 1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1te, 1flex, k, D

which combo do you like better?

Carson Palmer + 3rd teir WR(calvin johnson, roy williams, maybe holt or 85)

OR

TO + 3rd teir QB(cutler, eli, rivers, maybe mcnabb or bulger)

RB is taken care of as i have addai as a keeper...

Thanks

You have to go with TO and the third tier QB. IMO the great WR's aren't near as deep as RB or QB this year.

If you draft Owens you can then pair him with a QB that has the potential to put up great numbers. Guys like who you have listed plus Rodgers, Favre, Warner/Leinart can all be had in later rounds and you can get top ten production out of any of them. Carson Palmer is ranked fifth on my board, but I don't think there is a big difference between him and my fifteenth ranked QB which is Aaron Rodgers. Palmer will probably go in rounds 4-5 while you can grab Rodgers, McNabb, Schuab four rounds later and they have a reasonable shot to put just as good of numbers. By taking Owens you assure yourself of a top five wr and you can grab another top twenty wr with one of your top three picks. Quality QB's can be had later.

Bottom line: If you don't have Brady, Peyton, Brees or Romo.....don't reach (or keep) on a QB early. 5-15 are all pretty even. I think you have about 20 wr's that are solid and will put up numbers. If you can keep one and possible draft another you will still get a solid QB. Where as if you keep Palmer you most likely you will be able to grab one top 20 wr in your draft, but certainly not two.

Great league! 16 owners is a challenge. Go with Owens, you'll be happy you did. Post after you draft and let me know how you did....whether you keep Owens or Palmer.

Good Luck!!

pick #9 out of 10 ppr league.

I was thinking about going with 2 WR with the 9th and 12th. Maybe Wayne and TO? Or Braylon? Am I asking for trouble if I don't take a RB with one of those picks? It looks like Portis or Barber or maybe Lynch will still be there.

Who will be there at the end of the 3rd for rbs if I do pick to WRs with my first two picks? Also, do I then have to take 2 rbs with my next two picks or should I just stack my receivers and maybe make a run at Witten?

Thanks.

**Edited** I miss understood the question the first time I read it!!

If you take wr/wr you are looking at possibley getting Parker, Graham, Bush, JJones....somone along those lines. Going WR/WR is fine, but you almost have to take 3/4 RB's with your next 4/5 picks. For example if you take Owens and Edwards with your first two picks then you would have to go RB/RB with your next two picks. Let's say you take Ernest Graham and Reggie Bush with your 3rd/4th round picks. Graham will share with Dunn and Caddy will come back someday. Bush will split with McAllister and/or Stecker. Even if you take Parker (Mendanhall), Rudi (Perry) and a few others you are looking at guys who will split carries. So, with your 5th/6th you need to grab another RB, Hopefully one with great potential (Forte, K.Smith, CJohnson).

The problem taking WR/WR is that you can't gamble too much with your first two RB selections. You have to draft the two most solid RB's that will consistantly get you points with your first couple RB picks. You can do it...especially in a ten team league. The problem you will run into is that the guys who go rb/rb will still get pretty good wr's in rounds 3/4. You have to ask yourself if I take Braylon/Owens/Graham/Bush with my fisrt four picks will that cancel out Addai/McGahee/Colston/CJohnson that another owner will draft.

Ten team leagues offer an abundance of talent and you will have great RB's fall to you with your first two picks. Ryan Grant, Portis, Lynch, Maroney....rb's that will consistantly put up great points every week! I would suggest taking at least one RB with one of your first two picks. You can take two WR's, but like I stated....you have to be able to match-up with other owners who go RB/RB with their first two picks and that will be hard to do.

Hope this helps.....Good luck!!

Dynasty League, PPR: Stewart or Mendenhall?

Well, the ppr doesn't really matter in this case. Carolina or Pitt doesn't seem to throw to their backs an awful lot. Both of these guys are big backs who should get a decent shot at putting up 8-10 TD's this year. Problem is that both of them gained sucess in college playing in the spread offense, so life in the pro's is going to be quite a bit different.

Picking between these two you have to take the one with the best opportunity. Stewart will be given every chance to take the starting job in Carolina. DeAngelo has failed and Stewart's opportunity is wide open. Mendanhall is securely behind Parker. Parker's starting spot is set in stone and there is no chance of Mendanhall taking his job. Mendanhall will most likely fill the old Bettis role. Taking TD's from Parker at the very least.

Stewart is easily the choice. While both are similar in ability, Stewarts opportunities are much, much better.

Good Luck

Have to keep LJ or MJD. I've wavered back and forth on both. 1 pt for every 10 yards rushing and receiving. Non PPR.

Thanks, cuse.

What we see from MJD is the best we'll ever see, which is very good, but not as good as what LJ can do. Although LJ has a depleted line and possibly the worst starting QB in the league, he has ability out the ying yang. Most running backs in his situation would be ranked 25th or lower, but due to what he can do he is still a legit top ten back. He's 28, but sitting behind Priest for a couple years makes him a much "fresher" 28 than guys that are the same age. His foot is healed and his contract is signed, so I expect the hard running, stat producing LJ to be back in full swing this year.

Even if Taylor retires tomarrow MJD won't carry the full load. He's a dynamic back that can do it all, but his size will never allow him to be a full time top five fantasy back. The Jags get every ounce of his ability using him in the two back system. From a football standpoint (not a fantasy standpoint) the Jags use of MJD works great. He's a great #2 fantasy back due to his explosiveness and big play ability, but he doesn't have that consistant opportunity to put up huge games like LJ.

Both are great, but the big game/big season ability of LJ is too much in this scenerio.

Good luck.

Need more questions. Please give me something to do!!

No chance Portis, Barber or Lynch fall that late. If you take wr/wr you are looking at possibley getting Parker, Graham, Bush, JJones....somone along those lines. Going WR/WR is fine, but you almost have to take 3/4 RB's with your next 4/5 picks. For example if you take Owens and Edwards with your first two picks then you would have to go RB/RB with your next two picks. Let's say you take Ernest Graham and Reggie Bush with your 3rd/4th round picks. Graham will share with Dunn and Caddy will come back someday. Bush will split with McAllister and/or Stecker. Even if you take Parker (Mendanhall), Rudi (Perry) and a few others you are looking at guys who will split carries. So, with your 5th/6th you need to grab another RB, Hopefully one with great potential (Forte, K.Smith, CJohnson).

The problem taking WR/WR is that you can't gamble too much with your first two RB selections. You have to draft the two most solid RB's that will consistantly get you points with your first couple RB picks. You can do it...especially in a ten team league. The problem you will run into is that the guys who go rb/rb will still get pretty good wr's in rounds 3/4. You have to ask yourself if I take Braylon/Owens/Graham/Bush with my fisrt four picks will that cancel out Addai/McGahee/Colston/CJohnson that another owner will draft.

Ten team leagues offer an abundance of talent and you will have great RB's fall to you with your first two picks. Ryan Grant, Portis, Lynch, Maroney....rb's that will consistantly put up great points every week! I would suggest taking at least one RB with one of your first two picks. You can take two WR's, but like I stated....you have to be able to match-up with other owners who go RB/RB with their first two picks and that will be hard to do.

Hope this helps.....Good luck!!

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Ooops.....I deserve that look, I thought he meant he was going to try and get Portis, Lynch with his third/fourth round picks!

My bad :thumbsup:

Keeper league with 8 keppers, IDP, .5pts PPR, 16 rounds this year

I trade 1.3

for

2.7, 4.7, 6.7

or for

1.7, 5.7

I was thinking of countering

1.3 for 1.7 and 4.7 or maybe pushing for 3.7

Right now with the number 3 pick I am debating between, Stewart, Mendenhall, Forte, and Smith. McFadden is going number one. If I knew I would get Stewart I would stay put, but I have a feeling he will go number 2. If I go to #7 there is a good chance someone will take those guys though Mendenhall could fall. So it could leave me with Rice, Jones, but then I would have extra picks to grab other players, ie Anthony Gonzalez, Ward, M. Harrison, Lendale White, Fred Taylor, etc.

Thanks for your help, this is a cool idea.

I need to know: Are you saying there are 8 players being kept total or 8 players being kept by each team? If 8 by each team, how many teams are there? If it's 8 players per team who are you keeping?

ok one of my own.. was a post earlier but fell off the first page.

10 team 3 player keeper league. I am keeping LT, Addai, MBIII. (made some trades last season). I have made another trade this season before the draft giving up a top WR for some draft picks.

I own the 9th overall pick (lost in the championship last year).

my question is do i HAVE to take a WR or can i afford to take a RB if something good falls to me and use him as trade bait?

we start QB WR WR WR RB RB TE Flex K DEF

top RB's available - Portis, McGahee, Lynch, Grant, LJ

top WR's available - AJ, Holt, Plaxico, Welker, Holmes

Draft Strategy Question

1PPR league, 4pnt pass TD, 6 pnt rush TD, same bonus for rush/receiving yards (0.1), smaller bonus for passing yds (0.05).

1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1kicker

I have the 4th pick I am thinking Addai, the SJax situation has me terrified, and I am not convinced ADP is going to be top 5 in a ppr league. My worry is that the other owners pick LT/Westbrook/Addai and leave me picking between the lesser of two evils at 4. What do you think?

The following is a lot of what if's and a lot can and will change based on draft day, so this is hypothetical conjecture, but any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated:

On the way back in the second I am hoping to scoop Bush/MJD or a top flight reciever. Is this too early for Bush, I think he will be good for ppr but am not sure I can wait till the third on him? If I go RB/WR and I can't get Bush in the third then I would probably scoop the best available WR, my concern then becomes how long can I wait on RB if I come out of the first three rounds with only one RB. I would like to get a projected top QB in the fourth Palmer or Anderson, is it suicide to wait on a second RB till the fifth?

If I do go RB/WR/WR/RB or some such combo, I think this year I will have to try to get two QB's and play matchups, do you have any experience with this technique and how effective is it? What are some combos that look good? I really dont want to waste two mid round picks on QB's when I could be working on my depth and upside picks at WR/RB.

I have never played ppr before is a RB like Chris Johnson, or Felix Jones, that is likely to get 10 to 15 touches and maybe half of them as passes a viable #2 RB? That looks and sounds like roughly 8 to 12 points a week, that should be the equivalent of one of the round 4/5 RB's that are yardage or TD monsters like Parker and White/RudiJ?

Maybe I should start multiple threads thats a lot to ask....well any help is greatly appreciated.

ok one of my own.. was a post earlier but fell off the first page.

10 team 3 player keeper league. I am keeping LT, Addai, MBIII. (made some trades last season). I have made another trade this season before the draft giving up a top WR for some draft picks.

I own the 9th overall pick (lost in the championship last year).

my question is do i HAVE to take a WR or can i afford to take a RB if something good falls to me and use him as trade bait?

we start QB WR WR WR RB RB TE Flex K DEF

top RB's available - Portis, McGahee, Lynch, Grant, LJ

top WR's available - AJ, Holt, Plaxico, Welker, Holmes

I would say you have to take a wide receiver. There are about 20 great wr's, after that, there is a big drop off. You already have three great keepers. You can start all three so you are sitting great there. If your pick comes around and you can grab either Portis or Andre Johnson.....which one is going to help you on a weekly basis? Johnson of course. I know depth is important, but not as important as your weekly starters. We want depth for two reasons: injury back-up or trade for another position that we are weak in. If you draft Portis and he's on your bench while you are starting three ho hum wr's you are going to offer Portis up in a trade to acquire a great wr.....so why waste the time. Take AJ.

I would grab one or two of your keepers back-ups in the later rounds as insurance due to injury. Even if one of your backs go down to injury you don't have to start three, so you are still okay starting two of your keepers. BTW....great Keepers!! One thing though.....I would seriously entertain the idea of trading LT this year or doing something to acquire a young RB with alot of promise (McFadden, Grant, Stewart). LT will be 30 next year and that is usually when RB's hit the wall. If you can squeeze another great year out of him it may be wise to trade him off to ensure yourself of getting a young guy (much like Addai/Barber) that will set you up for years to come!

On a side note I really believe that AJ will be a top three wideout this year. Obviously injuries killed him last year, but when he plays he is right there with Moss and Owens as far as production. He's arguably the most gifted wr in the game. He's a super pick at nine!

Good luck!!

Just found out I have the 6th pick.....might be wrong but I'm going to assume LT,AD,Wes,Addai,and SJax are gone

12team Redraft no PPR

I will not take Brady here, no ifs and or buts. I know Barber will be there but I worry about Felix......would it be a huge reach to take Lynch? Portis is old and I'm a Redskins hater.

Edit.....Portis isn't really all that old, I'm just down on him

Draft Strategy Question

1PPR league, 4pnt pass TD, 6 pnt rush TD, same bonus for rush/receiving yards (0.1), smaller bonus for passing yds (0.05).

1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1kicker

I have the 4th pick I am thinking Addai, the SJax situation has me terrified, and I am not convinced ADP is going to be top 5 in a ppr league. My worry is that the other owners pick LT/Westbrook/Addai and leave me picking between the lesser of two evils at 4. What do you think?

If you have the fourth pick and Peterson falls to you.....take him! I think he's too injury prone and he wasn't very consistant last year, but the threat of him taking it to the house anytime, anywhere is a wonderful thing! Even in a ppr league he brings so much to the table. Remember last year when he caught a two yard pass and turned it into a 65 yard touchdown.....that's what he offers everytime he touches the ball. IF he's gone....Addai is a great pick at four. I agree with Jackson. If he hasn't signed I would absolutely stay away.

The following is a lot of what if's and a lot can and will change based on draft day, so this is hypothetical conjecture, but any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated:

On the way back in the second I am hoping to scoop Bush/MJD or a top flight reciever. Is this too early for Bush, I think he will be good for ppr but am not sure I can wait till the third on him? If I go RB/WR and I can't get Bush in the third then I would probably scoop the best available WR, my concern then becomes how long can I wait on RB if I come out of the first three rounds with only one RB. I would like to get a projected top QB in the fourth Palmer or Anderson, is it suicide to wait on a second RB till the fifth?

If it's not suicide to wait until the fifth it's borderline time for you to be checked into a mental institution. I totally agree with what you are saying. Take a great wr then get a top notch qb. The problem is most ffers put alot of stock in rb's and they'll grab them up way too fast. Helk, but the fifth round there will be one or two guys that already have three rb's. You will be stuck with unproven starters or guys that split carries.....neither is a good option for your second back. You want your first two backs to preferrably be guys that do not split carries and their starting role is cemented. I do think Bush in the second round is too early. Only because of the split carry factor. However, ppr he's a very good pick and you're right....he won't be around for your third round pick. I would almost certainly grab a rb or top notch wr with your second rounder.

If I do go RB/WR/WR/RB or some such combo, I think this year I will have to try to get two QB's and play matchups, do you have any experience with this technique and how effective is it? What are some combos that look good? I really dont want to waste two mid round picks on QB's when I could be working on my depth and upside picks at WR/RB.

Don't reach for a QB. Palmer is great and Anderson has a mass of potential this year. However, QB's are a dime a dozen this year. Anderson is ranked 5 on my board and Aaron Rodgers is ranked 15.........there isn't a big difference there. You can get E. Manning, Cutler, Rivers, Kitna, Schuab, Roethlis, Hasselbeck.....all of which are quality fantasy starters later on in the draft. There is a great upside with all those QB's. Eli has Plax, Smith and Toomer......Rivers has Gates, Chambers and Jackson.....Roethlis has Holmes and Ward....Rodgers could take off where Favre left off and let's not forget about Favre!? I would definitly get 2 rb's and most likely 2 wr's before considering a QB.

I have never played ppr before is a RB like Chris Johnson, or Felix Jones, that is likely to get 10 to 15 touches and maybe half of them as passes a viable #2 RB? That looks and sounds like roughly 8 to 12 points a week, that should be the equivalent of one of the round 4/5 RB's that are yardage or TD monsters like Parker and White/RudiJ?

I've always played in ppr leagues. Your strategy doesn't change much. LT is LT in any league. What Bush lacks in rushing yards he'll make up for with catches. What Peterson lacks in receptions he'll make up for in rushing yards. Chris Johnson looks great so far, but he has to unseat a 23 year old starter who ran for over 1000 yds last year and knows how to get into the endzone. I'm not saying Johnson can't overtake him, but to draft Johnson as a #2 is very scary!! We really have no idea how Felix will be used in Dallas. He may be a second option much like MJD/Bush or he may be the second option like Kevin Faulk. It's too risky to pick a guy like Felix or Johnson that early. I would much rather go with Thomas Jones, Julius Jones, Ernest Graham...a guy that is cemented as teams starter than hope that a guy can get enough catches as a third down back. There is no equivelent to a starting running back. With the exception of MJD and Bush all others are almost useless in fantasy. Kevin Faulk, Ladell Betts, Mewelde Moore....guys like that are great for real football, but simply don't get enough touches to rely on in ff. They are simply bye week fill ins.

Maybe I should start multiple threads thats a lot to ask....well any help is greatly appreciated.

You'll do fine! I strongly advise you to take two running backs with your first three picks. BUT, you never know what may fall to you?! If Braylon Edwards fell to you in the second round and then your choice was Andre Johnson or Julius Jones with your third round pick.....I'd go with AJ. But, make no mistake you would have to take 3/4 rb's with your next 5/6 picks. Then you would fall behind. When other guys were taking Gates/Witten/Winslow and/or great defenses you would still be "playing catch-up" drafting running backs! That would then hurt your weekly starters.

Bottom Line: If you don't take two running backs within the first three picks one of two things will happen. Either you will get lucky and a nice starter will fall to you with your fourth rounder or you will have to play the handcuff game and/or draft 2-3 split carry guys. If you don't get Brady/Manning/Romo/Brees...........wait! Don't reach for any QB until you get two running backs and a couple wr's.

This is what is crazy and yet so fun about fantasy football...."If I take...." "If I don't take...." You gotta love it!

Good luck!

Just found out I have the 6th pick.....might be wrong but I'm going to assume LT,AD,Wes,Addai,and SJax are gone

12team Redraft no PPR

I will not take Brady here, no ifs and or buts. I know Barber will be there but I worry about Felix......would it be a huge reach to take Lynch? Portis is old and I'm a Redskins hater.

Edit.....Portis isn't really all that old, I'm just down on him

Portis is only 26!? I would have bet the farm he was 28-29?! He's a great back that can carry the load, don't be down on him!!

Top four picks are easy. LT, AD, Addai and Westy. Then it gets tricky. Will Jackson go 5th if he don't sign? I wouldn't take him! If he comes to you at #6...I'd pass on him too. To big of a risk if he don't sign. So let's eliminate him from this equation. Whether he's there or not...you got to pass.

Lynch is a great young back. Biggest knock on him is he isn't involved in the passing game. Only 18 catches last year. For a first round pick I would want more catches or more rushing yards and TD's (1115-7). But he was a rookie and will only get better. Taking him at 6 is early. It's not a huge reach, but definitly early.

Barber has never had to carry the load alone. Split with Maroney in Minnesota and split with Julius in Dallas. There is no reason to think he can't do it, but the Cowboys were the #1 seed last year using their 2 back system. If it worked last year, why change it? They took Felix with a high pick, so I assume they'll want to get him involved and that will definitly cut into Barber's production. He will be someone's #1 back, I just don't want him as mine.

Personally at #6 I'd take Brady. If you don't want to....no problem.

The guy I would take without hesitation is Frank Gore. He's one year removed from 1695 yds rushing and61-485 receiving and now they have brought in Mike Martz, Isaac Bruce, Bryant Johnson, a healthy Vernon Davis and JT O'Sullivan is the starter. Is O'Sullivan a great QB....I dunno, but I know he's better than Alex Smith! How could he be worse?!! Oh, did I mention Mike Martz. With Martz as Faulk's coach he was the unquestioned #1 fantasy football player. Last year was a "bad year" for Gore who put up a measly 1500 yds and only scored 6 TD's. This year he gets improved weapons through the air, which will give him more opportunites for yards and scores. Martz has already said Gore will be the focal point of the offense, which should be a beautiful thing!!

So, I'd take Gore and never look back!!

Good luck!

Sorry it is a ten team league. Each team keeps 8 players. 6pts all TDs, 30yds pass 10 yds rush rec, .5 pt reception. It is an IDP league, but have no interest in drafting them early

My team is

QB Big Ben

RB Bush

Grant

Jacobs

WR Wayne

Roy Williams

Coctchery

TE Witten

If I keep the 3rd I'd take Stewart if available, if not Mendenhall or Smith. If I trade down to 7th overall, I can probably pick up a different rookie and an extra draft pick. I do know from talking to people they are valuing rookies fairly high, so I think 5 will be gone by the time I pick 7th. Some of the top players left after the cuts are,

QB Rodgers, Kitna Favre, Delhomme, Bulger, and on down

RBs Fred Taylor, LenDale White, Chester Taylor, Ahman Green, Ricky Williams, Betts, McAllister on down

WRs Basically everyone past the top 25 such as Ward, CHambers, Jackson, Curtis, Driver, Harrison on down.

Thanks again.

Great job with your keepers. You have eight guys that have not hit their peaks yet! All should be valuable for years to come! With your youth at RB, you don't have to be too concerned about getting a great young rookie running back. Stewart looks great, but you really don't need him and he's no lock to be a great player by any means. If a starter like Matt Forte, Kevin Smith or Chris Johnson fell I would grab them at 7, but I wouldn't take Mendenhall. He's gonna back up Parker for a few years. If you take him this year at seven, most likely he'll sit behind your other three and would you keep a back up next year over the three backs you already have? I doubt it.

Rookie wise if you can get Flacco, Ryan, D. Thomas, Hardy, D. Jackson.....grab them, but due to your youth I wouldn't go out of my way to get them. I would focus on guys that will help you this year. Anthony Gonzalez was a guy you mentioned. He could very well take the spot of the aged Harrison. Peyton should have another four great years left. If Gonzalez becomes the #2 he could be gold!! I would also key on getting Ahmed Bradshaw. I think he's a kid, that if he gets a shot, may take the starters role from Jacobs and be a great fantasy back for years to come.

My pick though would be Aaron Rodgers or one of the three rookies I mentioned. Ben is a solid QB, but not great, nor will he ever be. Pitt simply doesn't run an offense that will put up huge fantasy numbers for QB's. Last year he had a great year. Anytime your QB puts up 30+ TD's it's gonna make us happy. The bad part is he only put up 3100 yds. While Rodgers isn't a lock to be a fantasy star, he's got no excuse not to. James Jones, Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings have their entire careers ahead of them and it looks very bright. Ryan Grant is a fixture in the backfield for years to come. The OLine is very good and the defense is great. Hell, even Donald Lee is a very good option at TE. Best part is Rodgers runs a "fantasy friendly" offense! Other than inexperience is there any reason in the world that Rodgers shouldn't be a great fantasy QB?! I think you can get Rodgers at 7 and possible A. Gonzalez with your second.

You've done a great job with your keepers and trading down or up doesn't seem to give you any advantage or disadvantage. If the six guys ahead of you want to grab rookies....let them, you don't need to! I'd stay put and prepare yourself to kick some azz this year!

Great job and good luck!!

How did I do? 12th pick in 12 team redraft (no ppr, 6 pts for all touchdowns)

QB

Derek Anderson

Jake Delhomme

Brady Quinn

RB

Marshawn Lynch

Fred Taylor

DeAngelo Williams

Chris Brown

WR/TE

Terrell Owens

Anquan Boldin

Marvin Harrison

Kellen Winslow

Tony Gonzalez

K

Stephen Gostkowski

D

Green Bay

Thanks!

How did I do? 12th pick in 12 team redraft (no ppr, 6 pts for all touchdowns)

QB

Derek Anderson

Jake Delhomme

Brady Quinn

RB

Marshawn Lynch

Fred Taylor

DeAngelo Williams

Chris Brown

WR/TE

Terrell Owens

Anquan Boldin

Marvin Harrison

Kellen Winslow

Tony Gonzalez

K

Stephen Gostkowski

D

Green Bay

Thanks!

I love your QB's!! Anderson runs a great offense. Solid OLine, playmakers at both wr spots, solid TE and a quality RB. He's primed for another great year. Delhomme is much better than people give him credit for. They brought in Muhsin and Hackett which will only make Delhomme better.

WR/TE....what's not to like? Boldin in a contact year. A healthy (fingers crossed) Harrison and two of the top four TE's in the league! Oh, and the Owens guy is okay as well!

Great kicker....when drafting a kicker, just get one that kicks for a team that should score alot...mission completed. GB is a young opportunistic defense. I'm pretty high on them this year.

Running backs are my only concern. Lynch is solid with alot of upside. Hopefully they'll get him involved in the passing game this year. Even if they don't he's a nice #1. Fred is a decent #2. Ideally you'd like to have your #2 the all around back, but he does enough to be a respectable #2. DeAngelo should just do enough to be an okay bye week fill in. Chris Brown is....well, he's terrible. He'll be behind Ahman and Slaton looks pretty good. We know Ahman will get hurt at some point. If Brown doesn't take over for him and Slaton does then Brown is worthless. Brown is supposed to get most of the carries tonight, if he don't look good, drop him and find someone else.

Who else is still there....there has to be better options?

Overall I think you did a very good job. The only thing I don't like is Brown and if I can only find your fault being a fourth running back, that's not all that bad!

I love your QB's!! Anderson runs a great offense. Solid OLine, playmakers at both wr spots, solid TE and a quality RB. He's primed for another great year. Delhomme is much better than people give him credit for. They brought in Muhsin and Hackett which will only make Delhomme better.

WR/TE....what's not to like? Boldin in a contact year. A healthy (fingers crossed) Harrison and two of the top four TE's in the league! Oh, and the Owens guy is okay as well!

Great kicker....when drafting a kicker, just get one that kicks for a team that should score alot...mission completed. GB is a young opportunistic defense. I'm pretty high on them this year.

Running backs are my only concern. Lynch is solid with alot of upside. Hopefully they'll get him involved in the passing game this year. Even if they don't he's a nice #1. Fred is a decent #2. Ideally you'd like to have your #2 the all around back, but he does enough to be a respectable #2. DeAngelo should just do enough to be an okay bye week fill in. Chris Brown is....well, he's terrible. He'll be behind Ahman and Slaton looks pretty good. We know Ahman will get hurt at some point. If Brown doesn't take over for him and Slaton does then Brown is worthless. Brown is supposed to get most of the carries tonight, if he don't look good, drop him and find someone else.

Who else is still there....there has to be better options?

Overall I think you did a very good job. The only thing I don't like is Brown and if I can only find your fault being a fourth running back, that's not all that bad!

Thanks. . .I agree about the RBs. It's really slim pickings for RB on the wire (Dunn, D Ward, K Jones, L Jordan, and a few others left). We start 3 WR/TE. . .hoping Harrison bounces back from his injuries/off the field issues.

Thanks. . .I agree about the RBs. It's really slim pickings for RB on the wire (Dunn, D Ward, K Jones, L Jordan, and a few others left). We start 3 WR/TE. . .hoping Harrison bounces back from his injuries/off the field issues.

Watch tonights game or check the boxscores to see how he did. If he did bad, he very well could get released.

Portis is only 26!? I would have bet the farm he was 28-29?! He's a great back that can carry the load, don't be down on him!!

Top four picks are easy. LT, AD, Addai and Westy. Then it gets tricky. Will Jackson go 5th if he don't sign? I wouldn't take him! If he comes to you at #6...I'd pass on him too. To big of a risk if he don't sign. So let's eliminate him from this equation. Whether he's there or not...you got to pass.

Lynch is a great young back. Biggest knock on him is he isn't involved in the passing game. Only 18 catches last year. For a first round pick I would want more catches or more rushing yards and TD's (1115-7). But he was a rookie and will only get better. Taking him at 6 is early. It's not a huge reach, but definitly early.

Barber has never had to carry the load alone. Split with Maroney in Minnesota and split with Julius in Dallas. There is no reason to think he can't do it, but the Cowboys were the #1 seed last year using their 2 back system. If it worked last year, why change it? They took Felix with a high pick, so I assume they'll want to get him involved and that will definitly cut into Barber's production. He will be someone's #1 back, I just don't want him as mine.

Personally at #6 I'd take Brady. If you don't want to....no problem.

The guy I would take without hesitation is Frank Gore. He's one year removed from 1695 yds rushing and61-485 receiving and now they have brought in Mike Martz, Isaac Bruce, Bryant Johnson, a healthy Vernon Davis and JT O'Sullivan is the starter. Is O'Sullivan a great QB....I dunno, but I know he's better than Alex Smith! How could he be worse?!! Oh, did I mention Mike Martz. With Martz as Faulk's coach he was the unquestioned #1 fantasy football player. Last year was a "bad year" for Gore who put up a measly 1500 yds and only scored 6 TD's. This year he gets improved weapons through the air, which will give him more opportunites for yards and scores. Martz has already said Gore will be the focal point of the offense, which should be a beautiful thing!!

So, I'd take Gore and never look back!!

Good luck!

Seriously, thanks.....great info

One of the reasons I won't take Brady is we have to start 2 RBs and can start 3 and not taking one in the 1st I believe will kill me in the end

Thanks again for the info on Gore.....he was kinda off my radar

Hey Cuse, dont know if you can answer this but what the heck its buggin the crap out of me...

So my big league with family members has been running for 2 years, this year going to be the 3rd. We have 8 teams and draft 14 players... everything is standard scoring except passing TD's are 6 pts, and we play the following possitions:

QB

QB

RB

RB

RB/WR

WR

WR

WR/TE

D/ST

K

and we have 4 people on the bench.

But this year the commish has put in new scoring opportunities:

For passing: passing attempts= .25 pts

passing completions= .5 pts

passing 1st downs= 1 pt

For rushing: rushing 1st downs= 1 pt

rushing attempts= .5 pts

For receiving: receiving 1st downs= 1 pt

receptions= 1 pt

So this is new to me, and what Im asking is does this change what route you draft much? We do auction style draft and Im not sure if these points change some draft sheets in which you would draft players... I dont think Im explaining it too well but any help would be appreciated. It seems to me that the QB position is huge now as they will score tons of points in comparison to the RB's and especially the WR's. Do you agree, and do you like it? Would you talk to your commish about it?

Hey Cuse, dont know if you can answer this but what the heck its buggin the crap out of me...

So my big league with family members has been running for 2 years, this year going to be the 3rd. We have 8 teams and draft 14 players... everything is standard scoring except passing TD's are 6 pts, and we play the following possitions:

QB

QB

RB

RB

RB/WR

WR

WR

WR/TE

D/ST

K

and we have 4 people on the bench.

But this year the commish has put in new scoring opportunities:

For passing: passing attempts= .25 pts

passing completions= .5 pts

passing 1st downs= 1 pt

For rushing: rushing 1st downs= 1 pt

rushing attempts= .5 pts

For receiving: receiving 1st downs= 1 pt

receptions= 1 pt

So this is new to me, and what Im asking is does this change what route you draft much? We do auction style draft and Im not sure if these points change some draft sheets in which you would draft players... I dont think Im explaining it too well but any help would be appreciated. It seems to me that the QB position is huge now as they will score tons of points in comparison to the RB's and especially the WR's. Do you agree, and do you like it? Would you talk to your commish about it?

First, let me say an 8 team league of family members is awesome!! Anything that gets the family together is a good thing and creates alot of fun, so mad props to your family for doing this!!

Now for the scoring, I'm not a fan of .5 or .25 anything with a decibal point I don't like. It's makes figuring things out a little harder. I don't think it will change much in your draft strategy. A QB will average 25 or so attempts/15 or so completions per game vs a running back getting 20 or so attempts per game. So the QB gets a slight advantage, but not that big of a difference to change your draft sheets. Basically it will improve every QB's points. RB's are still more valuable due to the demand of them.

What I don't like is this. It doesn't take into consideration the yards. 21 for 165 for Peterson is 20.5 for AP 31 for 115 for LT would 22.5 how is that fair?

In any event, don't change your draft strategy. It's not a big enough difference to worry about.

Watch tonights game or check the boxscores to see how he did. If he did bad, he very well could get released.

Hey Chinombre.....

Chris Brown 8 rushes 19 yards

Steve Slaton 13-57 TD

Obviously Brown ran against the Saints first team defense and Slaton ran against the second/third stringers, but you can't deny the lack of production from Chris Brown. I'm not saying cut him immediately, but definitly keep an eye on his next couple games. He was out produced by rookie Slaton and third year running back Chris Taylor.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=318944

please take a look and let me know what you think thanks.

What's up guys, all input is appreciated and don't hold back if you think I'm jacked somewhere, this is a constructive thread. I drafted out of the 4 spot (amazingly AP fell) This is the team that I came out with in a non PPR, redraft, all td's 6 league. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1WR/TE flex, 1 k, and 1 Def

QB Carson Palmer, Matt Schaub

RB Adrian Peterson, Brandon Jacobs, Ronnie Brown, Chester Taylor,

WR Andre Johnson, Chris Chambers, Hines Ward, Santana Moss, Derrick Mason, Vincent Jackson,

PK Matt Prater Def Ravens

Great 1-2 punch with your QB's. Don't be surprized if Schaub ends up being your #1. He's got a stellar WR in AJ and an unheralded wideout in Walter. If the Texans get a decent running game going (which I assume they will) Schaub will be a solid start.

Great job getting Taylor paired up with AD. It doesn't surprize me that Peterson fell. He's injury prone and was inconsistant last year. I would take him in the top three due to his potential, but I understand guy passing on him in the top four/five. Jacobs is pretty decent and Ronnie Brown could be a steal if his knee is good, but history shows it takes a full year to recover from his injury and Ricky is a good bet to steal valuable carries anyway. Overall good group.

AJ is badazz. His talent is unquestioned. If he stays healthy he's gold. Hines Ward is one of the greatest all around wr's to ever play the game. He's on the tail end of his career, but he should still be a solid #2. Mason can still get the job done even though he just turned 50...nice bench guy to have. The rest of your wr core are underacheivers. Chambers has all the talent, but never puts it all together to post top ten fantasy numbers. Santana is much the same. Great speed and hands, but just can't put together a consistant career. Vincent Jackson has been a sleeper his entire career. After a great post season performance last year maybe he's ready to step it up for a full 16 games. Overall though, once again, nice group.

Seriously who really cares about kickers. Ravens D will always be respectable as long as Lewis suits up.

Overall you have a very good team I would like to see you have a more solid #2. I like Jacobs, but Bradshaw is a superb runner who could steal that job and Jacobs can't seem to stay healthy. WR's you have a good mix of solid producers mixed in with some guys who could have very good years. I predict you win 10 games this year. Playoffs is 90% luck, so it's hard telling there!

Very nice team. Good balance all around.

Good luck.

Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it. Keep up the great work.

I tried to put this under my post but I am border line internet retarded.

Pick my three keepers. We start two QB's. and I have the 4th pick this year. LT, M. Hasselbeck, Ronnie Brown, M. Turner, Witten, P. Rivers. I appreciate your advice!

Pick my three keepers. We start two QB's. and I have the 4th pick this year. LT, M. Hasselbeck, Ronnie Brown, M. Turner, Witten, P. Rivers. I appreciate your advice!

LT is easy.

Sheesh....after that this one really is tough?! None are must keep guys, but they are all solid weekly starters or have very good potential.

Second keeper I would say go with Ronnie Brown. When he went down to injury last year he was tearing it up. If he can come close picking up where he left off he'll be damn good. With the other one I would take Hasselbeck. He's more consistant and I would rather rely on him over Rivers, Turner or Witten.

Witten is a top TE, but I can't see keeping a TE. Turner simply has a pathetic team all around him. Rookie QB, Jenkins still sucks, no TE, shaky line....worst offense in football. Rivers is good and keeps getting better, but I think he'll only do so good in the offense he runs. It's simply not designed to be a stats producer. He manages a game well and does what he needs to do....which normally is handingn off to LT. Plus since you're keeping LT already, you don't want the QB/RB tandem.

LT, Hasselbeck, Brown....in a close one.

Good luck!!

Strategy Question. 10 Teams. 6pt all Tds. Standard yardage scoring.

Which team do you like better?

Team 1

Eli, Garrard

Portis, Lynch, Rudi, Kevin Smith

Burress, Jennings,Holmes, S. Moss

Team 2

Romo

Jacobs, Edge, Selvin, Chris Johnson

R. Moss, Wayne, Evans, Crayton

Cooley

Hey Chinombre.....

Chris Brown 8 rushes 19 yards

Steve Slaton 13-57 TD

Obviously Brown ran against the Saints first team defense and Slaton ran against the second/third stringers, but you can't deny the lack of production from Chris Brown. I'm not saying cut him immediately, but definitly keep an eye on his next couple games. He was out produced by rookie Slaton and third year running back Chris Taylor.

Yeah, I cut him before Houston has a chance to. Also, someone in my league dropped Mendenhall, so I swooped him up! Feel a little bit better about my RB situation now. . .

Lynch

Taylor

D. Williams

Mendenhall

Thanks again!

what do u think of my team? should i deal colston for lynch or wait and see how it turns out in miami

Garrard

Pennington

Addai

Ronnie Brown

Lendale White

DeAngelo Williams

Chris Perry

Colston

Andre Johnson

Boldin

A Gonalaze

Reggie Brown

Does this trade really help me overall?

6pts for a passing td

Here is what was offered

Brees

Jamal Lewis

Chris Chambers

Jacksonvillie D

for

Brady

Lendale

Joey Galloway

Laveraneus Coles

Minnesota D

My team is currently

Brady, Favre

Lynch, Graham, McFadden, Lendale

Housh, Holmes, Roddy White, Burleson, Galloway, Coles

Heap

Crosdy

Minny D

Is this worth it? I dont think Brady will come near what he does but he will still be solid, however I think Brees will be the #1 QB this year