Sign in to follow this  
jrpb5

Totals after the draft?

Is there a way to find out the total points for each team after using the draft buddy?

To see who drafted the team projected to accumulate the most points?

Thanks Mike!

I'm sorry, but there is nothing in there right now to do that. Best way would be to use some VLOOKUP formulas finding FF points for players off the offense tab cheatsheet. Where to put them though... I guess the by team tab but you'd have to add some columns (recommend backing up the Buddy file first) or overwrite the bye column.

This would be a great feature if you could get it during the draft to see when and where the balance of power is shifting. It can make the difference in picking up one more player that you maybe don't need, just to stick it to someone that is already too strong, but has yet to draft a needed position.

I vote for this feature. It would be cool!

How about just adding a Total FF Points box at the bottom of each team on the Team Tab? No extra columns needed, just a formula at the bottom finding the points for each player on that team and adding them all together.

Or it could be at the top (with the rest of the team info) if that's easier.

Is this what's holdng up Version 2? :doublethumbsup:

Chris

This would be a great feature if you could get it during the draft to see when and where the balance of power is shifting. It can make the difference in picking up one more player that you maybe don't need, just to stick it to someone that is already too strong, but has yet to draft a needed position.

Best reasoning I've heard for this! :argue:

Is this what's holdng up Version 2? :rolleyes:

Sure, 2005 version 2 :argue:

I proposed this a while back and I'm glad to see it getting some more support. Just want show my support again.

JV

For those that are interested I finally stopeed being lazy and added this function to my draft buddy. If you want to see what I did let me know and I'll shoot you and email with my draft buddy.

Mike,

Can I email this over to you to take a look? It seems to work fine, but I'm not nearly as good in excel as you guys. Actually all of my excel skills I've gotten are from FF footabll and the compiler.

JV

I should add the currently my version is set for a 12 team league and also takes the entire team into account, not just starters. Just want to say that this is a lot more complicated than it sounds. I'm going to try and figure out how to account for starters only. Right now you can fiddle with the total formula to only count the positions you want, which I may do if I can't (or don't have time) to figure it out the long way.

Sure, send it over jjv11. If you think it is tough setting it up though, consider someone who has to set it up for a variable number of teams and positions in use (myself). Then it gets even more tricky, which is why I can't exactly turn these things around very quickly.

As for mailing Draft Buddy around, I'd appreciate if you (or anyone) did not do that. I think what Chris did in mailing around the projections he imported is he only sent the position tabs/sections with the projections. So, maybe you could only send a copy of your by team tab for this? I hope you understand my reasoning for that.

I actually sent an entirely different sheet that just had raw stat data from several sources. I left it up to each user to import those stats into the Compiler.

I was just giving them an electronic option to play with.

I knew you'd not want the buddy flying around and I would think everyone would understand why.

How's the 2.0 Buddy coming? LOL

Chris

Sorry Mike Didn't think about that when I offered to send it out. I won't email out the DB.

Is your email compiler@fftoday.com? or mike@fftoday.com ?

Can you share a screen shot, and a description of what you did to calculate the "winner of the draft"? Including formulas? Please. :cheers: Thanks.

Ryan

Ryan,

I don't think there is a way of posting screenshots here, but I uploaded a copy of the screen I created here.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze474wn/sitebui...t_mock_test.pdf

I'm trying to figure out the best way to post how I did the formulas. Its a little complicated because there is a lot more to it, then the final table.

I first created a table with all players and their ff points. Then i used a vlookup function. Then I used the final table to etract the data and clean it up (leave empty roster spots as blank instead of #/a, which messes up your autosum calcs..

JV :

java script:emoticon(':thumbsdown:')wall:

Ok, I decided to through my hat into the ring for creating this. :thumbsup: Here's what I decided to try.

• Created a new tab
  • Copied the "by team" tab and pasted into the new tab.
  • Column H is where the Bye weeks are listed, I changed this formula to a new one that grabs the FF-Today points for the player. In cell H25, I put:

=IF(F25="","",VLOOKUP(F25,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($B25,"_Detail")),4,0))

• I copied that formula to rows 26 through ?? (depending upon how many rows you have), being sure to "paste special" only the formula, so I didn't mess up the formatting. :huh:
  • Then below the last row, I put in a sum formula (where ?? is the last row to sum):

=SUM(H25:H??)

• I reformatted the cells to "number" with 0 decimals, and made the column wide.
  • Now, highlight the entire column H, copy, and then paste to each equivalent column for the other players, i.e. column L, P, T, etc.

It still needs cleaning up, and I need to make the totals more "presentable", but there is the data to see who drafted the best. HTH. :)

Ryan

Edit Note - Works in both v1 and v2, just double checked. :)

I created 2 new tabs. In one tab I just linked to the projection cheatrsheet(called it winner-workspace). This way I have all of the players in one column and its easy to run the vlookup function. My secong tab I copied the by team page and added another column for ff points. then ran my vlookup function

=VLOOKUP(F26,'winner-workspace'!$A$2:$D$307,4,FALSE)

That pulled the numbers in, but for empty roster spots gave me a N/A, which messes up my totals, so I created another table and used this formula

=IF(ISERROR(J25),"",J25)

Which takes only the number and turns error messages into blank cells.