Sign in to follow this  
dynastybaby

Shanaputz....

Won't happen. Selvin Young will be the starter, but don't expect 20 carries a game. Young will get 15 carries. Andre Hall will get probably 8-10 with a lot coming from 20 to the goalline. Pittman will steal a few carries here and there. Hall is going to be the grinder in short yardage toward the end zone with Pittman getting a few short-yardage carries. Young will get the work between the 20s.

This isn't so much a Shanahan thing as much as it's an NFL thing. There's no true No. 1 in Denver right now that can carry a 20- to 25-carries per game. The only guy they have that could've done that is Ryan Torain and he's hurt.

Give me a break. It amazes me how many people want to ###### at Shanahan, even if it disregards common sense.

The smart thing is to conserve Selvin Young for the regular season. Neither he nor any other starting runningback should get double-digit carries in any preseason game. Only Wade Phillips, moron that he is, let Marion Barber carry it 13 times today.

Last year, Shanahan rode Travis Henry until he got injured, then Selvin Young until he got injured, then Andre Hall, then back to Henry and Young when they got healthy. It's not rocket science to figure out, fantasy owners need to stop crying. I'm sure a good part of them are the same idiots who drafted Mike Bell last year and probably did the same with Ryan Torian this year, get a clue first and know who it is that you're drafting before bitching it out on Shanahan as though it's his fault the kid isn't as special as you deludingly think he is.

The hype for Andre Hall is already beginning btw, it's amazing. :thumbsup:

Give me a break. It amazes me how many people want to ###### at Shanahan, even if it disregards common sense.

The smart thing is to conserve Selvin Young for the regular season. Neither he nor any other starting runningback should get double-digit carries in any preseason game. Only Wade Phillips, moron that he is, let Marion Barber carry it 13 times today.

Last year, Shanahan rode Travis Henry until he got injured, then Selvin Young until he got injured, then Andre Hall, then back to Henry and Young when they got healthy. It's not rocket science to figure out, fantasy owners need to stop crying. I'm sure a good part of them are the same idiots who drafted Mike Bell last year and probably did the same with Ryan Torian this year, get a clue first and know who it is that you're drafting before bitching it out on Shanahan as though it's his fault the kid isn't as special as you deludingly think he is.

The hype for Andre Hall is already beginning btw, it's amazing. :doublethumbsup:

Good Posting. All the Shanahan hate over the years just cracks me up. All he is going to do is have one of the better RBBC's in the NFL with 2 undrafted free agents. And people say he's lost his touch. Shanahan is an NFL coach. That means he doesn't give a crap about any of our fantasy teams. If people are going to hate him for that then God help them.

That's what I'm saying. Shanahan has a RBBC out here and it's pretty obvious how this is going to work out. Yes, it's the preseason, but from everything I've seen in games, at camp, etc., indicate that Selvin Young is going to get 15 carries, Andre Hall 8-10 and someone else, probably Michael Pittman 5 per game. He's saving his RBs, not using one as a dominant workhorse. And, honestly, he doesn't have one.

If he did have one it was Ryan Torain. I don't say that to blow smoke. All the signs were there that he was going to be the guy until the injury. It's a major reason why he hasn't been put on IR yet. Denver believes in the kid and is hoping to get him in the rotation later in the season.

Good Posting. All the Shanahan hate over the years just cracks me up. All he is going to do is have one of the better RBBC's in the NFL with 2 undrafted free agents. And people say he's lost his touch. Shanahan is an NFL coach. That means he doesn't give a crap about any of our fantasy teams. If people are going to hate him for that then God help them.

Shanahan hasn't lost his touch, he lost Terrell Davis, John Elway, Ed McCaffery, Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe and a great offensive line. He's not a genius, more along the lines of an above average coach. The problem with Shanny now is he seems to be trying to find TD's clone. Let's go back through the years.....Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Clinton Portis, Rueben Droughns, Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, Travis Henry, Selvin Young and I'm sure I'm missing a few. Shanny can't settle on one running back for whatever reason it may be. Portis was great, but due to money they traded him off. Next year Selvin Young and Andre Hall will both be gone and we'll all be talking about Anthony Alridge and Ryan Torrain.

As a lifelong Broncos fan I've tired of Shanny's act and would prefer to move on.

i took young to trade him later - dont trust shanny at all. i'm praying that young has a good game early so i can send him packing for an upgrade at wr or package him with someone else to upgrade somewhere. the best thing for young owners was when torain broke his elbow (not saying that in a bad way), but at least it was 1 less rb to take carries away. to young owners every where, hope for a big game early & trade his butt. it will only get worse as the year goes on & if/when torain comes back.

NEWSFLASH: Shanny is regarded as the devil here because..............IT'S A FF WEBSITE! We're not a bunch of Denver homers discussing his game plan. We want players who will

consistently start and produce points. With Shanny, there's no telling who's getting the starting job week to week or even if they do start if they'll get the majority of the carries. THAT'S

WHY PEOPLE HATE SHANNY.

Oh and the orange face doesn't help either. :thumbsdown:

i took young to trade him later - dont trust shanny at all. i'm praying that young has a good game early so i can send him packing

Good news. Denver plays Oakland week 1. This is the team that made Kolby Smith look like an all-pro last year. I'll wager he becomes the most traded player in the week after.

Shanahan hasn't lost his touch, he lost Terrell Davis, John Elway, Ed McCaffery, Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe and a great offensive line. He's not a genius, more along the lines of an above average coach. The problem with Shanny now is he seems to be trying to find TD's clone. Let's go back through the years.....Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Clinton Portis, Rueben Droughns, Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, Travis Henry, Selvin Young and I'm sure I'm missing a few. Shanny can't settle on one running back for whatever reason it may be. Portis was great, but due to money they traded him off. Next year Selvin Young and Andre Hall will both be gone and we'll all be talking about Anthony Alridge and Ryan Torrain.

As a lifelong Broncos fan I've tired of Shanny's act and would prefer to move on.

Anderson, Gary, Droughns, and both Bells aren't that good. That's why they didn't stick, they're average at best. Yet Shanahan turned them into single season fantasy studs.

He had a franchise back in Portis, who he stuck with until he traded him to get Champ Bailey and a 2nd round pick.