Sign in to follow this  
phenom

Sounds a bit Crazy but I think.....

I just have this feeling that cotchery will be this years jennings. These two are being drafted pretty closely to eachother. Who would you rather have and why?

I like Harrison better, but I don't think you can go wrong either way. Harrison is very consistent. Outside of last year when he was injured, he's put up quite a few solid years. I think Cotchery has a higher ceiling for this year, but I'm not sure he reaches it.

I have drafted Cotchery for years and think "this may finally be the year" he is worth more than his draft position. He has The Mad Bomber who seems to love throwing to him...well Farve loves throwing to anybody but it will be hard for Cotchery to get out of the way. :unsure:

Coles needs to get over himself and pull his head out of his butt.

I like Cotchery over Marvin. Jericho has a great rapport with his new QB. He's had a upward progression four years running.

The track record for HoF (or multiple all-pro) WRs beyond age 34 and coming off an injury is not encouraging. I think 800-6 would be a realistic expectation for Harrison.

Harrison for me. I just like the consistency in the past. Yes he was injured last year but he has looked good in camp. Cotch probably has a little higher upside but if given the chance I would probably go with the safer pick, the one Manning is throwing to. The Jets won't be as good as a lot of people think. Favre throws too many INTs.

Hmmmm.....Peyton may have a more serious injury than Dungy is letting on about, Harrison may have to sit out 3rd downs to change colostomy bag and Cotchery's QB is now run and gun Favre. Cotchery over Harrison sounds like a solid theory to me.

That's not crazy at all, I don't think. Cotchery is far and away the best receiving option with the Jets, he leads by a mile. And now he has an actual quarterback. Harrison on the other hand, well obviously you know the case.

But both could very well end up with very similar seasons, ~80 catches, 1000 yards, 8 touchdowns, so I don't think I would have one rated 20 spots higher than the other, unless maybe this were a keeper league in question.

That's not crazy at all, I don't think. Cotchery is far and away the best receiving option with the Jets, he leads by a mile. And now he has an actual quarterback. Harrison on the other hand, well obviously you know the case.

But both could very well end up with very similar seasons, ~80 catches, 1000 yards, 8 touchdowns, so I don't think I would have one rated 20 spots higher than the other, unless maybe this were a keeper league in question.

Jerricho Cotchery 86 1200 6 = 156 points

Marvin Harrison 57 705 6 = 106.5 points

Actually they are 23 spots apart on my projections

If Manning is healthy, Harrison no question about it.... He's still a good WR on a GREAT offense with arguably the best QB in the league. Plus he seems to have a chip on his shoulder and may have a lot to prove this year. Farve raises cocthery's production, but they will NOT be an offensive juggernaut.

Jerricho Cotchery 86 1200 6 = 156 points

Marvin Harrison 57 705 6 = 106.5 points

Actually they are 23 spots apart on my projections

I wouldn't expect 1200 and 12 from Harrison like in previous years, but Harrison will produce more than what you're predicting. Don't believe the nonsense that is rampant this summer of Harrison being done. He suffered a freak injury last year, and the year before still produced despite arm and wrist injuries all year. The idiot media makes up stories about the Colts, and as usual, fall flat on the face of their thick, empty skulls - in this case, every time Harrison looks fine as he runs a route in the preseason.

Now I don't think Harrison will be with the Colts next year, unless he and his agent agree to restructure his contract by a good deal, but he's in it this year for one more ring. So keeper-wise, Cotchery is probably the better option, although he needs Favre to stick around for a few years.

Harrison is going to be better than Cotchery. There are some crazy people on this site who seem to worship Favre and think both Coles and Cotch are going to get 1300 yards and 10 tds this year.