Sign in to follow this  
bzengler

Handcuff for Ryan Grant?

I need to handcuff Ryan Grant. Which one of these guys would be the best bet to replace him if he isn't ready to go week 1, B. Jackson, N. Herron. or D. Wynn?

Grant will be ready week 1. Jackson is his clear handcuff. Wynn and Heron will have a hard time making the team.

Grant

Jackson

Morency

I think Grant is ready now, but the Packers just want to keep the hamstring healthy. From what I've read (sorry, no link), Grant has not just been rehabbing, but has been going through some brutal workouts to work on conditioning and strength. If he was hurting I doubt he'd be doing much more than sitting on a stationary bike. As far as backups go, Jackson is the guy for now, but they like Morency if it comes to that.

As a Ryan Grant owner, I doubt I'll spend a late round pick for his handcuff. Brandon Jackson is terrible in pass protection and isn't a slasher, so if Grant were to go down, I would expect something close to a 50/50 share of the workload between Jackson and veteran Vernand Morency. Not worth it for a handcuff, I don't think.