Sign in to follow this  
Baylorboy123456

Lucas Oil Stadium

Seems like the city really got taken on this deal.

http://www.pal-item.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...5/-1/newsfront2

* Jim Irsay gets a share of any money you spend at the stadium, including food, beverage, memorabilia and parking.

* Irsay gets 100% of the game day ticket sales and half of the ticket sales from all non-game events.

* Any money spent on advertising at the stadium belongs to Irsay.

* Jim Irsay keeps every dime of the "sales of suites and club seats to corporations and the well-heeled."

* Irsay could make an additional $41 million a year above the $150 million or more his Colts have made in the RCA Dome.

* Irsay pays zero rent and pays none of the operating and maintenance expenses on the stadium.

What does anyone think, are other cities/teams deals like this?

Seems like the city really got taken on this deal.

http://www.pal-item.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...5/-1/newsfront2

* Jim Irsay gets a share of any money you spend at the stadium, including food, beverage, memorabilia and parking.

* Irsay gets 100% of the game day ticket sales and half of the ticket sales from all non-game events.

* Any money spent on advertising at the stadium belongs to Irsay.

* Jim Irsay keeps every dime of the "sales of suites and club seats to corporations and the well-heeled."

* Irsay could make an additional $41 million a year above the $150 million or more his Colts have made in the RCA Dome.

* Irsay pays zero rent and pays none of the operating and maintenance expenses on the stadium.

What does anyone think, are other cities/teams deals like this?

Think about how badly Arlington is going to be screwed when Dallas opens its new stadium. No one can screw people financially as well as Jerry Jones. The man is a financial demon.

Something to consider is that Jim Irsay has spent countless millions from his own pocket in bonus money, investing in his team to make it the national draw it is today. And that the Colts were previously one of the worst teams in the league in terms of revenue generated from their home stadium because of the RCA Dome.

I have stayed at the Union Station hotel right by both of these stadiums, I have just seen them from the outside and never went to an event at either place. Lucas Oil is HUGE. But what was wrong with the other stadium?

:overhead:

I have stayed at the Union Station hotel right by both of these stadiums, I have just seen them from the outside and never went to an event at either place. Lucas Oil is HUGE. But what was wrong with the other stadium?

:nono:

Smallest capacity in the league. No chance to ever get a superbowl. Small, cramped concourses.

It was state of the art when built - but the city and the team both needed and deserved upgrades.

Smallest capacity in the league. No chance to ever get a superbowl. Small, cramped concourses.

It was state of the art when built - but the city and the team both needed and deserved upgrades.

Is parking a nightmare, just hadn't notice that many parking garages, but haven't really looked too hard. If the city benefits from tax and tourism revenue, that should have been figured out a long time ago if it wasn't advantageous to the city, who was mayor? Is it smoke and mirrors?

Is parking a nightmare, just hadn't notice that many parking garages, but haven't really looked too hard. If the city benefits from tax and tourism revenue, that should have been figured out a long time ago if it wasn't advantageous to the city, who was mayor? Is it smoke and mirrors?

Actually, parking is not that bad. I think I read that there are something like 40,000 spots within a 5 block radius. I've never had to walk further than 3 blocks to find a spot around the dome. And the Luc is just one block south of the dome. I went to a high school game at the Luc last week and paid $10 to park one block from the gate.

Parking is not that big a problem. And it's dirt cheap compared to other NFL cities. I took a friend from Chicago to a Colts game a couple years back and he almost passed out when we were able to park 2 blocks from the stadium for only $10. He's used to trying to park near Wrigley Field.

Agree regarding parking. I actually park at White River Park next to Victory Field (minor league baseball) for $6. We needed Lucas to get the Super Bowl,

NCAA Final Four and a lot of other national sporting and entertainment events.